What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why has the laugh emoji been removed? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what's worse.  The decision to remove it, or the fact that as a 48 year old father and professional, I actually care and am irate about it.

Hopefully the mods are making a point and bring it back.  Mods, one point in favor of doing that is it will cut down on the reply's with genuine laughter to a post.  I still do that occasionally when I really laugh at someone's joke.

A better decision was just to remove the Political Forum.

I was in there quite a bit until I couldn't take it anymore. It was toxic on both sides. Im better for leaving. Worst part was I was fighting with posters I like except when it comes to their political views. Exactly why nobody talks politics at family functions. 

I can go back to liking them and hopefully they will go back to tolerating me in here. 

Not sure what's worse.  The decision to remove it, or the fact that as a 48 year old father and professional, I actually care and am irate about it.
I went to go click the laugh response to this... but, alas, I couldn't. 

do we actually know it was banned because of the psf or are we just guessing on that take that to the bank brohans

Yes.  There were people complaining about people using the laugh emoji in the PSF.  Joe was a part of the thread and must have had it removed.

Hopefully the mods are making a point and bring it back.  Mods, one point in favor of doing that is it will cut down on the reply's with genuine laughter to a post.  I still do that occasionally when I really laugh at someone's joke.
I thought all along that was their whole purpose. One didn't have to take up space quoting someone when all they were posting was an emoji.

It's not so much "care" as it's a fairly integral part of how we interact with each other on the board.  Especially in the FFA.  The problem is Joe doesn't have time to police the laughing emoji gang in the PSF.
I agree that it cuts down on needless posts of only :lmao:   Which I'm sure we'll see more of now.

My unpopular opinion is that "likes" should be removed completely, and I was one that complained about the like limit when we first got them.

I once saw a grown man on here complain that another poster got a like and his post with basically the same content didn't.  :rolleyes:  

Getzlaf15 said:
You know, it's used way more for things that are funny than putting someone down.   

Ridiculous that a few people get bent and likely deservedly so and got this removed.  

This place is quite often a very funny place and now will be less so.  Merry ####### Christmas to all.  

People ignored us repeatedly asking posters not to use it in a negative way to laugh at other people. 

At some point, it becomes clear people are going to ignore us asking.

If you like something or think something is funny, use the like emoji.

And to be fair, this was mostly (but not exclusively) in the Political Forum where people are regularly uncool to each other with this. 

Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to change the allowable emojis for different forums. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread