What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why Did Supermarket Cashier Open and Look at My Eggs? (1 Viewer)

Why did the cashier open my eggs and look at them?

• To make sure the eggs were not broken

Votes: 109 84.5%
  • To make sure I did not put something else in there (so I could steal it)

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • To check that the carton would close properly and the eggs wouldn't fall out after bagging

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Other

• Seriously, zip it up Willie

• Total voters
I remember last Halloween when real eggs were sky high in price, my local supermarket put out a display of cheap candy eggs. From far away they looked just like real cartoons of 12 eggs. Fooled a few people as they ran up to look at them.

Maybe people have been putting organic eggs in the regular cartons? :shrug:

(Voted to check to see if theyre broken)
... or swapped the regular eggs for Cadbury Cream Eggs. That would be quite a heist.
I think someone should try this. Just to see what the cashier would do (if they checked of course).
What would you do with the real eggs though?
hide them around the store like an easter egg hunt

Maybe people have been putting organic eggs in the regular cartons? :shrug:

(Voted to check to see if theyre broken)
... or swapped the regular eggs for Cadbury Cream Eggs. That would be quite a heist.
I think someone should try this. Just to see what the cashier would do (if they checked of course).
What would you do with the real eggs though?
I this is how the grocery store figured out it was happening... There was a dozen real eggs mixed in with the Cadbury eggs.
Then they had to do that whole company meeting thing and have a new store policy that all egg cartons be checked for Cadbury eggs. They're not falling for THAT one a second time.

Just checked with my personal shopping valet. She said that no one checks the eggs when she checks out. She did recall a time (I was with her on this little adventure) while checking out, the cashier opened the bag of grapes and ate one. We were both dumbfounded.

Just checked with my personal shopping valet. She said that no one checks the eggs when she checks out. She did recall a time (I was with her on this little adventure) while checking out, the cashier opened the bag of grapes and ate one. We were both dumbfounded.

I check my eggs every time but I don’t recall the cashier ever doing it.

I bought eggs today. I opened and checked. Just the visible top, no jostling. Was distracted by the bagger and didn't notice if they were checked by the cashier.

People who buy eggs regularly, do you open the carton yourself before putting them in your cart/basket to check to see if they are broken or to check the quality of the eggs? Or do you just grab a carton without checking?
I check every time and also say "yep, they're eggs" to my wife every time because I think I'm hilarious.
Schtick you use in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread