What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's #1? (1 Viewer)

tangfoot

Footballguy
I believe this is where a FF championship can be won or lost.

I really like the chances of Wayne overtaking Harrison to be the Colts clear-cut #1 this season. Their numbers were very close last season, in all categories except TDs.

Yardage: Marvin 1146, Wayne 1055

Receptions Marvin 82, Wayne 83

TDs: Marvin 12, Wayne 5

Obviously, this prediction hinges on two things: Can Marvin play a full season at full speed, and will Peyton continue to look his way in critical red zone situations.

I think Peyton WILL continue to look for Marvin, but he'll only be out there for 10 games. Wayne moves into the top 6 WRs because of it.

To be the man you have to beat the man and until Wayne does so he continues to be #2. People continually underestimate Harrison and he's the timex that keeps on ticking.

Peyton and Marvin are like identical twins. They share the same brainwaves and seem to be able to sense what the other is thinking. Peyton knows he can count on Marvin to be in the right position at the right time. Until Marvin is gone I think Reggie is just an after thought. And I'm a Reggie owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be the man you have to beat the man and until Wayne does so he continues to be #2. People continually underestimate Harrison and he's the timex that keeps on ticking.
I'm not saying this is a competition. If Marvin is healthy, he's far and away the #1. I contend that the wheels fall off this year. Marvin is no spring chicken anymore.

I believe this is where a FF championship can be won or lost.

I really like the chances of Wayne overtaking Harrison to be the Colts clear-cut #1 this season. Their numbers were very close last season, in all categories except TDs.

Yardage: Marvin 1146, Wayne 1055

Receptions Marvin 82, Wayne 83

TDs: Marvin 12, Wayne 5

Obviously, this prediction hinges on two things: Can Marvin play a full season at full speed, and will Peyton continue to look his way in critical red zone situations.

I think Peyton WILL continue to look for Marvin, but he'll only be out there for 10 games. Wayne moves into the top 6 WRs because of it.
I don't understand how some people can think that Reggie Wayne will be overtaking Marvin Harrison as the #1 WR in Indy.Harrison has shown exactly 0 signs of slowing down and he has not played less than 15 games in a year since 1998.

On top of that, Wayne hasn't proven that he can even handle the WR1 spot. He can't beat double coverage and he's been lucky as hell that he has Harrison on the other side of him so that he doesn't have to face it all too often.

i watched something on NFL network yesterday with Colts training camp

they had an interview with Peyton

he said the company lines of, "you gotta keep trying to get better" and etc..

but he also mentioned that everyday he and Harrison were working together trying new things

he specifically mentioned Harrison, not Wayne

Harrison = Peyton's #1

but he'll only be out there for 10 games.
what the heck makes you think this? :rolleyes:
Just a hunch. Is predicting FF anything more than that?Marvin is the only one of the 6 top WRs who has a significant threat at the #2 spot. Like I said, if he's healthy for the full season he wins the matchup vs Wayne easily.
Predictions usually can be substantiated by some form of analysis but predicting an injury, especially to a guy who has played 154 of 160 career games seems a little bizarre, and four of those missed games were way back in 1998 and one was because he was being rested for the playoffs.I know you are probably not :fishing: but your "prediction" is ultimately not much more than that.Now if you want to tell me why Wayne is better on the basis of past performance, targets in the RZ, catches for 1st downs, YPR etc. then I am happy to listen.

but he'll only be out there for 10 games.
what the heck makes you think this? :rolleyes:
Just a hunch. Is predicting FF anything more than that?Marvin is the only one of the 6 top WRs who has a significant threat at the #2 spot. Like I said, if he's healthy for the full season he wins the matchup vs Wayne easily.
Predictions usually can be substantiated by some form of analysis but predicting an injury, especially to a guy who has played 154 of 160 career games seems a little bizarre, and four of those missed games were way back in 1998 and one was because he was being rested for the playoffs.I know you are probably not :fishing: but your "prediction" is ultimately not much more than that.Now if you want to tell me why Wayne is better on the basis of past performance, targets in the RZ, catches for 1st downs, YPR etc. then I am happy to listen.
:goodposting:

The Wayne/Harrison comparison is very similiar to the Fitz/Boldin situation in Arizona. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Wayne has improved every year and I believe he will have possibly 10-15% more yards than Marvin this season. Additionally, I believe he will have more receptions, but that Harrison will once again score more TD's and ulitmately possess slightly more fantasy value than Wayne.

This same issue was discussed last year.

Users who are viewing this thread