What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Will Be Time's Person of the Year for 2020? (1 Viewer)

Who Will Be Time's Person of the Year for 2020?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Movement for Racial Justice

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Frontline Health Care Workers and Dr. Anthony Fauci

Votes: 27 77.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've assumed Fauci for awhile--  like expecting Watt to win  Payton MOY after the hurricane.
Wish they'd have framed it the opposite way, though: Fauci and the Frontline  Workers. Good band name. :headbang: :pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it really just for "most consequential" and not for "most consequential not counting bad consequences"? Seems like an exploitable loophole.

Biden and Harris is a nice troll pick toward Trump. I applaud TIME for that.

It really should have been those who provide Emergency/Bedside Health Care Workers; First Responders/Nurses etc.  This year; they were on the frontline during a Global Pandemic.  That should count more than winning the POTUS. 

It doesn't have to be a person, and isn't necessarily a "positive" impact.  I thought the COVID-19 virus was a slam dunk. Absolutely the most consequential impact in the US and the world over the past 100+ years. 

Agree Covid was the most consequential; I went with Fauci+ thinking of it as a proxy.
Biden/Harris seems like the least consequential at this point since they haven't done anything yet except get elected.Based on Time's explanation, seems like voters would've been a better pick because they were looking for that choice imo more than Biden/Harris convinced them to make it.

"For changing the American story, for showing that the forces of empathy are greater than the furies of division, for sharing a vision of healing in a grieving world, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are TIME's 2020 Person of the Year," wrote Time editor-in-chief Edward Felsenthal.

Agree Covid was the most consequential; I went with Fauci+ thinking of it as a proxy.
Biden/Harris seems like the least consequential at this point since they haven't done anything yet except get elected.Based on Time's explanation, seems like voters would've been a better pick because they were looking for that choice imo more than Biden/Harris convinced them to make it.

"For changing the American story, for showing that the forces of empathy are greater than the furies of division, for sharing a vision of healing in a grieving world, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are TIME's 2020 Person of the Year," wrote Time editor-in-chief Edward Felsenthal.
So dumb.  This is why Time is fading away.  Biden and Harris haven’t done anything.   

Users who are viewing this thread