What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is your vote for FA pickup if the year so far? (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
I'm going to say Kelce but I could see a lot of votes for Asiata and Donnell. I guess the biggest question is will they sustain this production?

Kelce/Asiata, was lucky enough to grab Kelce in two leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelce was drafted in both my leagues. Id say asiata and donnell but it still doesnt feel like we got that big WW pickup yet.

Asiata or Donnell.

Kelce should have been drafted, and in some of my leagues Steve Smith was drafted. But Asiata and Donnell? Nope.

Donnell because he came out of nowhere and has been more of a Graham/Gronk than either.

Kelce was drafted late in some leagues and there was a lot of buzz about him.

Crowell, Forsett, Taliaferro, Quick, Royal all deserve consideration.

It's likely Asiata due to scarcity at the position but you could make a case for Donnell. Outside of shallow leagues Kelce should have been drafted; too much hype.

I had a long conversation with a buddy who I split a big money league with about acquiring Asiata before week 2. We decided to spend 50% of our FAAB budget even though it felt super risky at the time (Peterson wasn't ruled for week 3, Asiata's athleticism was a huge question mark) but obviously I couldn't be happier with the RB1 production. My hope is that he can put up RB2 numbers from here on out in PPR. We'll see.

Other names to ponder: Forsett, Davis (if he was dropped), Crowell, Royal, Hurns, Quick, Paul

Dont think he is here yet. I think Talifornio could be that guy. take control over that position and be fanasty relevant.

Donnell. No one saw him coming and even after week 1, every thought he was just a guy in NY. He's a bit more than that.

At this point it's gotta be Asiata.. I could see Crowell making a case for himself if Tate get injured/traded later on.

oops, we can't forget our one true king, Josh Gordon, Receiver of Browns, car salesman of Cleaveland.

Easy Asiata vote (so far)

Going to change once matchups get more difficult, but he's been an elite PPG performer at RB over the last 3 weeks. (And likely to have been started all 3 weeks with those matchups)

Steve Smith
FA?! He was a 6th rounder in my league.
6th rounder? How is that possible? His ADP was roughly 130 or so, Seriously, does your league only play receivers? Who were some of the players he was taken ahead of?
Just looked, he was taken after Mike Wallace and one spot ahead of Manny Sanders. Guess the owner had some serious foresight.

Torry Smith has never looked like the lead dog, so we should have known...

WR Brian Quick is getting very hard to not start every week. WR Allen Hurns has been good.

QB Davis might end up with a good year, as might QB Glennon

RB Asiata - maybe. RB Oliver ??

WR Brian Quick is getting very hard to not start every week. WR Allen Hurns has been good.

QB Davis might end up with a good year, as might QB Glennon

RB Asiata - maybe. RB Oliver ??
Quick has been one of the most consistent WW pickup in my league. He's knocked Keenan out of my lineup. Steve Smith somehow went undrafted in my league, but he came down a bit this week. It's early yet, many more difference makers probably still on the wire, especially with RB injuries.

I dont think the pickup has been made yet.

Was Cousins a few weeks, Hurns for a few, Davis with Charles out, Donnell last week and maybe Oliver this week. It changes week to week but for the year? No one stands out right now.

My belief is if Jennings is out for a long period, Williams will be the best thing on the waiver this year.

Was Cousins a few weeks, Hurns for a few, Davis with Charles out, Donnell last week and maybe Oliver this week. It changes week to week but for the year? No one stands out right now.

My belief is if Jennings is out for a long period, Williams will be the best thing on the waiver this year.
Let's not forget McKinnon and he came down a bit this last week. Matchups are so important and staying a step ahead. Making a trade for good matchups may be the right move here instead of stashing a question mark( I know big revelation), I'm beginning to think, but adding talent like Oliver can't hurt.

It was never Cousins.

And I still don't understand how so many people are in leagues where Andre Williams was on waivers. Especially this week. Guppies abound, I guess?

Yes, irritated, because I have some teams that could really use Andre

It was never Cousins.

And I still don't understand how so many people are in leagues where Andre Williams was on waivers. Especially this week. Guppies abound, I guess?

Williams is not out there in any dynasties I'm sure. I was talking about Redraft specifically. If you needed him in a redraft and he is not there, I'm sorry someone jumped the gun on him or drafted him. This morning he is only owned in 24% of Yahoo leagues.

It was never Cousins.

Williams is not out there in any dynasties I'm sure. I was talking about Redraft specifically. If you needed him in a redraft and he is not there, I'm sorry someone jumped the gun on him or drafted him. This morning he is only owned in 24% of Yahoo leagues.
I am also talking redraft specifically.

It wasn't jumping the gun to take him after last week if he was still available then. No way no how. Definitely should have been owned.

Asiata for sure. I would call Quick a close 2nd. Donnell and Kelce have both been great pickups as well, but I tend to see RB/WR pickups as being more crucial unless it's a totally transcendent player at TE, like Julius Thomas last year.

No real great candidates at QB yet. Yeah, Austin Davis has put up tremendous numbers, but he's only been started in 2QB leagues. Cousins has potential but he's probably not going to have another good game until at least next week.

Users who are viewing this thread