What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is Taylor Gabriel? (2 Viewers)

Julio is getting a "full speed test" tomorrow to see how well he does and how his toe holds up. Assuming he passes with flying colors and is pretty much good to go this week, what are our expectations for Gabriel? 

Are you still starting him? This is what really makes me want to play him: 

Just like to remind the nitpickers and those clutching rosary beads in the stands...top 10 overall at WR since Week8.
Jones last played week 13. Gabriel started his tear well before that and his targets haven't changed at all with Julio being hurt (5-6 targets a game). 

I am considering rolling him out mostly because my alternatives are Diggs (awful) and Mitchell (risky). Gabriel has the higher ceiling of all of them and his floor seems to be about 9-10 points (5/50), which is the lowest he's scored since week 8. 

Obviously seeing what I want to see here, but I know turf toe doesn't just go away after 2-3 weeks rest. It's an issue that takes a very long time to go away, but is also a pain tolerance issue; it can't get worse physically. I would imagine even if Jones goes he's not the same old Jones... but who knows. 

Bears coach Matt Nagy said free-agent addition Taylor Gabriel has been "everything we thought."

"The biggest thing for him is he’s a speedy guy, and he knows how we’re going to use him and some of the things we want to do," Nagy added. "And he’s done a great job." Gabriel said he is excited to see what he can do with Nagy, citing how the coach used Tyreek Hill in Kansas City. It still seems unlikely Gabriel gets enough targets to be a consistent fantasy contributor, but he should have a big game or two this season.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times 

Jul 24 - 9:14 AM

This guy gets too much work.

He's been utilized 25 times since the start of the season and has seen 21% of Trubisky's targets. Now Miller is out indefinitely.

I don't think he's very good but volume is volume is volume. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy gets too much work.

He's been utilized 25 times since the start of the season and has seen 21% of Trubisky's targets. Now Miller is out indefinitely.

I don't think he's very good but volume is volume is volume. 
yeah, Gabriel seems to be a safety valve for Trubisky after Robinson. You would think it would be Miller, a TE or Howard/Cohen but no. Agreed though, Gabriel is pretty meh and is really just a burner kind of guy... too bad Trubisky is garbage at anything downfield.

Taylor Gabriel brought in all seven of his targets for a career-high 104 yards and two touchdowns in the Bears' Week 4 win over the Bucs.

It's the third consecutive game that Gabriel's seen at least seven targets. He even out-shined perennial No. 1 Allen Robinson (2-23-1) on Mitchell Trubisky's career six-score day. The Bears' offense has quietly developed and thus progressively improved in every outing so far this season, slowly raising Gabriel's stock with every passing game. He'll come out of Chicago's Week 5 bye as a strong FLEX option against the Dolphins.

Sep 30 - 9:02 PM

Have been starting this guy in a dynasty league due to bye weeks, what a pleasant surprise for a guy I picked up in add/drops for free. 

Edit: Just went back to the previous page and I see I said the same thing last week. Well, it's true. Pleasant surprise! 

That was a pretty solid first half for Taylor Gabriel. Anybody have this guy in their starting lineup?

Taylor Gabriel exited Monday night's Week 3 game against the Redskins with a concussion after catching 6-of-7 targets for 75 yards and three touchdowns.

Gabriel caught two touchdowns in one game last season before getting shut out of the end zone the remainder of the year. He has these rare monster games, but Gabriel still can't be trusted for fantasy purposes. He entered Week 3 with three catches for 35 scoreless yards. Gabriel roasted Josh Norman for his third touchdown after catching two short ones from Mitchell Trubisky following Case Keenum turnovers. Gabriel should be considered week to week on a short week ahead of a date with the Vikings.

Sep 23, 2019, 10:49 PM ET

Bears WR Taylor Gabriel remains in the concussion protocol.

Gabriel should be considered very questionable for the Bears' Week 4 matchup against the Vikings. He's a thin fantasy play even if active against a much better secondary than he saw Monday night in Washington. Cordarrelle Patterson, Javon Wims and Riley Ridley are all candidates to see enhanced snaps if Gabriel is ultimately ruled out, while Allen Robinson and Anthony Miller would be the most-likely WRs to see more target volume.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter.

Sep 26, 2019, 1:00 PM ET

Taylor Gabriel absorbed four catches for 39 yards and a touchdown on four targets while losing a yard on his lone rushing attempt Sunday in Chicago’s Week 10 win over the Lions.

Gabriel got loose for a 24-yard touchdown in the third quarter, dusting Mike Ford, who was looking for safety help from Will Harris that didn't come until it was already too later. That piece of end-zone real estate accounted for Gabriel's first touchdown since his Week 3 eruption at Washington (6-75-3 on seven targets). Gabriel has speed to burn but is saddled with an inconsistent role in an offense led by perennial underachiever Mitchell Trubisky. Even in deeper fantasy settings, he won't be a recommended play against the Rams in Week 11.

Taylor Gabriel caught 7-of-14 targets for 57 yards in Week 11 against the Rams.

Gabriel was targeted five times on the first two drives. He faded after that, but he still ended up leading the team in targets. Allen Robinson getting shadowed by Jalen Ramsey played a role in that, though Gabriel has at least 50 yards or a touchdown in four straight games. Gabriel will be a boom-or-bust FLEX for a matchup with the Giants in Week 12.

Nov 17, 2019, 11:44 PM ET

Taylor Gabriel (concussion) remained sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

Gabriel's absence keeps Miller in play as a low-end WR3/4 as the second-year slot wideout has quietly out-targeted Allen Robinson 37 to 36 in their last four games together. Miller has a knockout on-paper matchup against 36-year-old Tramon Williams from the middle of the field on Sunday.

SOURCE: Adam Jahns on Twitter

Dec 11, 2019, 2:38 PM ET

Bears released Taylor Gabriel.

The Bears were facing this decision: keep Gabriel on his two-year, $14 million contract or release him with $2 million in dead cap. With Allen Robinson and Anthony Miller already on the roster, and with a loaded 2020 draft class to find Gabriel's replacement, it was an easy decision. Gabriel will slide in the low-level starter tier in free agent ranks. As a 28-year-old last season, Gabriel averaged 39.2 yards across nine games.

RELATED: 

Chicago Bears

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Feb 21, 2020, 3:30 PM ET

Miller can't stay healthy two years in a row shoulder surgery as was in college   ...keep an eye on Riley Ridley

Users who are viewing this thread