What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Do You Use For Car Insurance? (1 Viewer)

seahawk 17

Footballguy
I have been with Geico for the last ten years. Purchased a new car and my rate doubled(For the new car, not both combined.). Just curious if there may be better deals out there.

With Allstate now, we went from a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe to a 2013 Ford Explorer and the rate went up ~20 bucks every 6mths.

been w/ GEICO for 15+ years.

lost a car (total) in a not-at-fault accident a year ago, and they paid quickly and about $1000 more than what i thought the car would have been worth.

pretty reasonable rates compared to State Farm based on where we live, cars driven, and driving records. haven't found a reason to swtich.

:bootsandpantsandbootsandpantsandbootsandpants:

Had a piece of junk with very little coverage and Geico was the cheapest.

Bought a new car and Geico was no longer priced competitively. Switched to USAA.

seahawk 17 said:
Progressive 110.00

I'm over it, will stay with Geico. :hifive:
Why? Thats about a 50% higher rate, and about $600 more per year.

I'd contact a local independent car insurance agent and get them to run some quotes from different companies for you. The process of switching is pretty effortless with a good agent...I've had 3 different companies in the last 5 years.

I'm with Agency, a company out of Maryland.

I had a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse that I paid $120/month on.

I just bought a 2012 Nissan Sentra and it looks like it's going up to $180/month or so. That's insane IMO.

I will be looking for a new insurance company.

I'm with Agency, a company out of Maryland.

I had a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse that I paid $120/month on.

I just bought a 2012 Nissan Sentra and it looks like it's going up to $180/month or so. That's insane IMO.

I will be looking for a new insurance company.
any upgrade w/ regard to policy, i.e. higher PL/PD or full coverage?

bigbottom said:
avoiding injuries said:
Ditto.
Best customer service I have ever experienced.
Yep. Had the roof replaced two years ago and the whole process was fantastic.
I pimp USAA any time I can. They're fn awesome.

They paid out an insurance claim of mine on my dirt bike that was stollen the day after I got the policy. I thought for sure that would send up all sorts of red flags, but they never questioned it. They even paid for the accessories I had receipts for. I had a check in a week.

seahawk 17 said:
johnnycakes said:
Hawks64 said:
With Allstate now, we went from a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe to a 2013 Ford Explorer and the rate went up ~20 bucks every 6mths.
You're in good hands.
2011 Chevy Impala Gecio 79.00 Allstate $162.67

Full coverage, 500.00 deductible.
Are the coverage limits the same with all three insurers?

We were with State Farm for years. Really liked the local agent and the service they provided. But eventually the cost began to outstrip that additional service. Switched to Progressive and have been happy ever since. Lower rate, my wife is an employee but we get no discount for that. Great service. Went from a 2005 Expedition to a 2013 Explorer and the rate went up about $25 a month. We carry $300K/$100K on our policy with a $500 deductible.

avoiding injuries said:
Don't you have to be active or retired from any service of the military to use them?
I have USAA car insurance, and I got it due to the fact by dad was in the Air Force. USAA just recently started carrying dental insurance, and I'm going to call them today to inquire more about the prices.

avoiding injuries said:
Don't you have to be active or retired from any service of the military to use them?
I have USAA car insurance, and I got it due to the fact by dad was in the Air Force. USAA just recently started carrying dental insurance, and I'm going to call them today to inquire more about the prices.
I've been meaning to check USAA out. The owner here gets insurance through them. And car loans. Good rates as well on the loans.

I pay around $3500/month for an '07 Tacoma, but I have multiple DUIs with fatalities and I drove through the doors of a BP to try to steal their ATM. This was all over a decade ago but you'd be surprised how long that kind of stuff can still jack up your rates. I would strongly recommend not committing crimes while driving.

avoiding injuries said:
I've been meaning to check USAA out. The owner here gets insurance through them. And car loans. Good rates as well on the loans.
My brother got a loan from them just a month ago when buying a car. He had done that in the past, and had a great experience with them regarding loans. They have good homeowners insurance too. My sister is the only one of us siblings that doesn't use USAA. One of her best friends sells insurance, so she signed up with her years ago. Recently my dad called USAA, and put my sister's kids (his grandkids) on some list at USAA that states they can get USAA insurance in the future if they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to get a quote through USAA but was denied. I was in the delayed enlistment program for the Air Force and that didn't count. My wife's dad was in the Navy during Vietnam, but apparently was not Honorably Discharged which is a requriment. (Most of his time was spent in a Navy holding cell, and then they finally kicked him out )

Tried to get a quote through USAA but was denied. I was in the delayed enlistment program for the Air Force and that didn't count. My wife's dad was in the Navy during Vietnam, but apparently was not Honorably Discharged which is a requriment. (Most of his time was spent in a Navy holding cell, and then they finally kicked him out )
Sounds like my wife's brother. Went in with no plan and didn't like being made a cook. Cocaine will end an enlistment real quick.

avoiding injuries said:
My brother got a loan from them just a month ago when buying a car. He had done that in the past, and had a great experience with them regarding loans. They have good home owners insurance too. My sister is the only one of us siblings that doesn't use USAA. One of her best friends sells insurance, so she signed up with her years ago. Recently my dad called USAA, and put my sister's kids (his grandkids) on some list at USAA that states they can get USAA insurance in the future if they want.
I got a car loan from them - the process was awesome. Zero haggling with the dealer and whatever banks they have. Just walk in with the forms from USAA and they take it from there.

USAA :wub:

USAA, and for much more than auto insurance. Homeowner's ins, auto loan, personal loan, home equity loan, credit card, car buying service, merchandise partners, retirement planning, estate planning, investment advice, the list goes on and on. If you are a member and only using it for auto ins, you need to get on the website, and on the phone with them right quick and find out how many things you have access to.

Best. Damn. Credit. Union. Ever...and then some.

Liberty Mutual. Just switched from Progressive and reduced my monthly payment by 33% for the exact same coverage.

I pay around $3500/month for an '07 Tacoma, but I have multiple DUIs with fatalities and I drove through the doors of a BP to try to steal their ATM. This was all over a decade ago but you'd be surprised how long that kind of stuff can still jack up your rates. I would strongly recommend not committing crimes while driving.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread