What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you reaching for? (1 Viewer)

After last night ..Christine Michael.jees he looks good.
Just be careful, Michael ran 4 times for 11 yards in the first half. All his success came in the 2nd when the Hawks 1s (including RW) went against the Cowboys backups. The Seattle offensive line has potential to be historically bad. 

Just be careful, Michael ran 4 times for 11 yards in the first half. All his success came in the 2nd when the Hawks 1s (including RW) went against the Cowboys backups. The Seattle offensive line has potential to be historically bad. 
I feel like Michael is fools gold.....bad O line, hes got a sketchy history to this point......the talent is there, but he's a head case.

I'm loving Latavius - think I'd go a round early on him.

Also think people are too low on Maclin. I'm calling a monster year that no one is expecting because of a certain QB.

Jump a little over a round and take Dwayne Allen in the 10th. Pair him with Barnidge in the late 5th/early 6th or Julius in the 8th. 

Dwayne Allen in the 10th is beyond a reach, imo. So much better talent at that point imo.
I think Allen has potential to put up pretty good numbers with Fleener gone. From the 10th round on who do you like that isn't comparable to later rounds? 

I'm using Draft Calc as my ADP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Allen has potential to put up pretty good numbers with Fleener gone. From the 10th round on who do you like that isn't comparable to later rounds? 

I'm using Draft Calc as my ADP.
I'll take almost everyone in that round..

Isaiah Crowell, Martellus Bennett, Michael Thomas, Christine Michael, Travis Benjamin, Derek Carr.

I think Allen's slot at the bottom 11, top 12, is spot on.

I'm loving Latavius - think I'd go a round early on him.

Also think people are too low on Maclin. I'm calling a monster year that no one is expecting because of a certain QB.
I wanted Maclin bad this year. I think he finally catches 100+, as he's perfect for Smith's efficient style. And they use him in short passes a lot - slants and screens. At 1.04 position I knew I wouldn't have a shot at him as his ADP is late 3rd, early 4th. Gah. 

I'll take almost everyone in that round..

Isaiah Crowell, Martellus Bennett, Michael Thomas, Christine Michael, Travis Benjamin, Derek Carr.

I think Allen's slot at the bottom 11, top 12, is spot on.
Crow and CM, you could get Alf or Thompson or a few others later. Thomas and Benjamin you could get VJax, Boyd or Sharpe after. I'd be fine with or maybe prefer Stafford, Winston or Dalton over Carr. Bennett is behind Gronk, Allen isn't even sharing his role anymore. Plus, Gronk, Bennett and Edelman are kind of all inside/underneath targets. No Brady for the first 4 doesn't help either. 

Crow and CM, you could get Alf or Thompson or a few others later. Thomas and Benjamin you could get VJax, Boyd or Sharpe after. I'd be fine with or maybe prefer Stafford, Winston or Dalton over Carr. Bennett is behind Gronk, Allen isn't even sharing his role anymore. Plus, Gronk, Bennett and Edelman are kind of all inside/underneath targets. No Brady for the first 4 doesn't help either. 
I was just looking at the players strictly in the 10th round I would take over Allen.

It seems like every player I am targeting I will have to take one round earlier than his ADP to get him.  Every mock I do they are always gone before my pick.  Is this a bad strategy?  

Bennett isn't really "behind Gronk" as the Patriots will be playing 2 TEs A LOT. 80% of the plays based on the reports. And Brady being out the first 4 shouldn't hurt "inside/underneath targets" as those are generally the easiest passes to make and Jimmy G has looked for Bennett consistently in the preseason. I don't think Bennett will see the 8 targets a game that he saw the last 2 seasons in Chicago or that Aaron Hernandez saw back in 2011 and 2012 alongside Gronk but I can see 6 targets a game that could translate to say a line of 60-750-8 making him a low end TE1. Of course let's be honest. Those drafting Bennett are pretty much hoping for a Gronk injury.

All that said, I would take Allen over him.

1. Evans. I think he has top 3 WR upside but is being taken closer to WR 10-12. 

2. Reed. If he plays 16 games I think he is right there with Gronk in terms of fantasy points. 

3. Rodgers. With Nelson back I think he returns to QB1 status. 

Not a huge reach but I'm considering ARob at 1.05 in PPR redraft, at least if the big 3 and DJ are gone.

Everyone sees regression here but I'm not so sure. This is just his 3rd season and he just turned 23 a week ago. I could see his TDs go down but his receptions and yards go up. While they may be improved, I'm not convinced the Jags defense will be so much better that they aren't playing from behind a lot again this year. So far this guy has outperformed everyone's expectations, including my own lofty ones. I also think that only having 1 year of great production scares people off a bit.

Full disclosure: This is a homer pick. Saw him play every snap at Penn State and am still pissed my Eagles drafted Jordan Matthews over him. So yeah, there's some bias here.

Not a huge reach but I'm considering ARob at 1.05 in PPR redraft, at least if the big 3 and DJ are gone.

Everyone sees regression here but I'm not so sure. This is just his 3rd season and he just turned 23 a week ago. I could see his TDs go down but his receptions and yards go up. While they may be improved, I'm not convinced the Jags defense will be so much better that they aren't playing from behind a lot again this year. So far this guy has outperformed everyone's expectations, including my own lofty ones. I also think that only having 1 year of great production scares people off a bit.

Full disclosure: This is a homer pick. Saw him play every snap at Penn State and am still pissed my Eagles drafted Jordan Matthews over him. So yeah, there's some bias here.
Homer or not I think he is a stud and worth it!

This is a great thread.   

I agree with the Evans pick. I had him last year and he was a target monster. Had a case of the dropsies, which had never plagued him before. I think it was a fluke and another year of chemistry with Winston could spell a monster year.

I also may reach a bit for Michael Floyd. With Fitz being another year older and battling a sore knee, and John Brown having concussion issues, things are playing out perfectly for Floyd to emerge as the clear cut #1 in Arizona. And considering there could easily be 35 more more TD passes there, he should be drafted ahead of guys like Edelman, Baldwin, and Decker. Despite being behind them in every ADP chart I've seen.

I also like Isaiah Crowell. I've seen him behind Abdullah and Woodhead in standard league ADP charts. In PPR, I can see that. In standard, no way. I will be more than happy to have him while guys take the third down backs ahead of him.

Agree this is a great thread!

want to echo some comments about reaching a half to full round for guys you like, do it!  nothing sucks worse than missing your targets, grabbing the "best value" who you dont like and hating your team.  especially if your redraft league just doesn't like to trade like mine.

guys i hoped to target but missed (12 tm ppr btw) - maclin and cj anderson (both mid-3rd), moncrief (3.12), marvin jones (mid 7th), stafford (11th), cobb (mid 4th, took BA in doug martin instead, regret...)

guys that fell and feel cool with it - cooks (3.10), abdullah (7.10), sims (8.3), yeldon (9.10 seriously?)

Taking Reed in the 3rd all day. His PPG rivals Gronk when he plays.  You can always substitute guys if he gets hurt; when he plays, he scores, and you win the weekly match-ups!

Loving Ingram in the late 2nd. He was RB4 when he went down, the line is all back together and improving, and the run defense they play to start the year is abysmal. Plus he's being used quite a bit in the passing game. 

Michael Floyd is in for a big year if Palmer plays at a top 10 QB level.

WI fan here but I have never had faith Melvin Gordon in the NFL, nor do I have faith in the Chargers line.. Woodhead again going in the 7th+ this year is a steal in any format, just like was last year. If I go WR/TE early I will take him in the 6th as my RB2 all day.

If the preseason reports are even vaguely accurate Mike Wallace is criminally undervalued at the moment. He has not played with a true deep ball QB since Roeth and their next best receiver is Aiken.  

Ertz in the 10th is a joke. He caught 75 balls in an offense where the RB/WR are the focus.  The offensive scheme now heavily favors TEs and he physically is a "mini-Gronk" ... I'm reaching as early as the 7th for him depending on scoring/roster settings.

Taking Reed in the 3rd all day. His PPG rivals Gronk when he plays.  You can always substitute guys if he gets hurt; when he plays, he scores, and you win the weekly match-ups!

Loving Ingram in the late 2nd. He was RB4 when he went down, the line is all back together and improving, and the run defense they play to start the year is abysmal. Plus he's being used quite a bit in the passing game. 

Michael Floyd is in for a big year if Palmer plays at a top 10 QB level.

WI fan here but I have never had faith Melvin Gordon in the NFL, nor do I have faith in the Chargers line.. Woodhead again going in the 7th+ this year is a steal in any format, just like was last year. If I go WR/TE early I will take him in the 6th as my RB2 all day.

If the preseason reports are even vaguely accurate Mike Wallace is criminally undervalued at the moment. He has not played with a true deep ball QB since Roeth and their next best receiver is Aiken.  

Ertz in the 10th is a joke. He caught 75 balls in an offense where the RB/WR are the focus.  The offensive scheme now heavily favors TEs and he physically is a "mini-Gronk" ... I'm reaching as early as the 7th for him depending on scoring/roster settings.
Nice list!

Not sure if this has been stated, but reaching for a QB WR combo, or QB TE.   Keenan first followed by Rivers.  If I can't get that I go, Rivers first QB followed by TE Gates.  I realize it's not much of a reach.  But Keenan may go round 2/3 in my $6k pool.  Rivers will go QB 6 in my league.  Gates will go TE 8 in my league.   So reaching for 2 of those (only 2 of them) means, Keenan, early round 2, Rivers QB 5 and Gates TE 4. 

Not sure if this has been stated, but reaching for a QB WR combo, or QB TE.   Keenan first followed by Rivers.  If I can't get that I go, Rivers first QB followed by TE Gates.  I realize it's not much of a reach.  But Keenan may go round 2/3 in my $6k pool. Rivers will go QB 6 in my league.  Gates will go TE 8 in my league.   So reaching for 2 of those (only 2 of them) means, Keenan, early round 2, Rivers QB 5 and Gates TE 4. 
Is your league in San Diego?  Sure he could be worth it but I'd have him closer to qb10, but really I'll just take the last of my qb7-14 tier.  Gates as te4 is a big time reach, but again could pay off. I do like allen a lot. 

Not sure if this has been stated, but reaching for a QB WR combo, or QB TE.   Keenan first followed by Rivers.  If I can't get that I go, Rivers first QB followed by TE Gates.  I realize it's not much of a reach.  But Keenan may go round 2/3 in my $6k pool.  Rivers will go QB 6 in my league.  Gates will go TE 8 in my league.   So reaching for 2 of those (only 2 of them) means, Keenan, early round 2, Rivers QB 5 and Gates TE 4. 
San Diego blows

Devin Funchess, Vincent Jackson, and James White are guys I reached for a bit earlier than their ppr ADP.

I think spencer ware should prob be number 1 on this list

Why are people on his nuts so bad? Charles is fine.  I think the comment about him not being the feature back has been overblown.  If you ask McCarthy I bet he would say that Jordy Nelson hasn't regained the #1 WR mantle, either, but he's being taken before Charles in some cases. It just means he's likely to see 15 touches a game as opposed to 20 to start the season.

12 team PPR #1 pick

Here are my reaches

2:12 - Lacy 

3:1 - CJ Anderson 

5:1 - Marvin Jones 

10:12 - Morris

I took all of them before ADP.  Hope it pays off.  

Love or hate Matthew Berry, I've always agreed with his take of this is supposed to be fun, draft the guys you want to have on your team. So many owners these days are just drafting off their lists and not thinking about who they like. 

I don't get the funchess love. What has he done besides be large? Not being a ****, just need convincing.
He was a second round pick that started playing better at the end of last year and is having an amazing camp. Some speculate he will be better than Benjamin who isn't having a good camp.

Lamar Miller - I think he is going to have an absolutely mammoth year - will take him over any other RB in the draft.
No matter what he does, the thinking around this pick will be debated next draft.  people will either look for the next lamr miller or try to avoid the next Lamar miller

Why are people on his nuts so bad? Charles is fine.  I think the comment about him not being the feature back has been overblown.  If you ask McCarthy I bet he would say that Jordy Nelson hasn't regained the #1 WR mantle, either, but he's being taken before Charles in some cases. It just means he's likely to see 15 touches a game as opposed to 20 to start the season.
Even with Charles at 100 %, I see Ware getting the goal line work

yeah, the Spencer Ware stuff is a bit premature at best...
:lmao:  exact opposite really. Should have been scooping him up in all your drafts months ago.......

Now it's almost to late he's going so early.......

Ware, Lockett, Rawls, are my reaches.........I'd grab C-mike too if I got Rawls but you can drop him early if Rawls starts tearing it up......

Love or hate Matthew Berry, I've always agreed with his take of this is supposed to be fun, draft the guys you want to have on your team. So many owners these days are just drafting off their lists and not thinking about who they like. 
In my main league, if you want a guy, you need to grab him because somebody else will likely snipe him a round or three from where the sheet says he should go.  With 12 teams, there is likely at least one other team that has their eyes on that underrated gem....makes the draft fun when you're not quite sure what to expect

Had a draft the day that the news broke and put Ware on my reach radar. He is going to post a solid number and if he is fed well the harvest will be sweet. I loved how he played down the stretch last year. He is in a prime position to explode. 

I'm possibly grabing  Landry as my WR #2, 2nd round..PPR....guy is Tannehills go to guy.  I know people are down on him.

Why?

Any of you guys reaching for Derrick Henry?
I don't know if this was a reach but I snagged him today at 8.7 (paired with Demarco at 5.4), it is a 10 team work league so take that for whatever it is worth. 

In my 2 10-year 12-team leagues with keeper auctions I am keeping Demarco for around $26/$200 in both and spending whatever it takes (I guess you can call that an auction reach) to pick up Henry in both. Hopefully none of my league mates are reading this thread. 

Henry will be this years David Johnson. If you can pair the 2 (Demarco & Henry) you are set with a RB2 and possible Flex until Demarco gets injured, then you have a RB1 through the playoffs. 

ALL IN.

McCoy - more I think about it, I wonder why he isn't being considered in Round 1.  Great situation, no Karlos Williams to vulture TD's and despite some injury issues last year...still almost averaged 100 YFS/game.

McCoy - more I think about it, I wonder why he isn't being considered in Round 1.  Great situation, no Karlos Williams to vulture TD's and despite some injury issues last year...still almost averaged 100 YFS/game.
I have a feeling somebody will vulture tds. He never seems to be trusted at the goal line.

Users who are viewing this thread