What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are the best "Up and Coming" WRs? (1 Viewer)

JayK

Footballguy
This seems to be the year of WRs you never heard of (or who had never done anything in Pro Ball before) making an impact. Just wondering how some of you would rate some of these "previously unknowns" (again, on the pro level) in terms of how they'd do for the rest of the year. My ranking is below.

And is there anyone else you'd put on this list?

M. Colston

B. Berrian

R. Williams

J. Cotchery

M. Furry

T. Williamson

I'd put Jennings and Colston as 1a and 1b. Both with solid quarterbacks that seem to have confidence in them. They both also have a good vet opposite them to almost ensure they won't be doubled, at least for the near term.

doug gabriel looks to be moving on up, though hes been in the league longer than most of those guys i think. I like berrian and colston the most too probably. Colston gets all kinds of targets and has an experienced and accurate qb, and after watching that sunday night game, berrian gets a lot more looks than i thought and seems to capitalize/be open on a lot of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you guys know Yahoo lets you play Colston as a TE!! Just kidding. I just thought we needed a Colston as TE reference.

Berrian's produced this year so far, but he's the guy with the QB I trust the least of those three(he, Jennings and Colston)

Chad Jackson will eventually make an impact. Not sure Reggie Williams qualifies in this criteria.

ETA: Or maybe you meant Roydell Williams? He's done nothing impressive. I know you didn't mean Roy Williams, right? You need to distinguish.

This seems to be the year of WRs you never heard of (or who had never done anything in Pro Ball before) making an impact. Just wondering how some of you would rate some of these "previously unknowns" (again, on the pro level) in terms of how they'd do for the rest of the year. My ranking is below.

M. Colston

B. Berrian

R. Williams

J. Cotchery

M. Furry

T. Williamson
Which Williams? Is that Roy or Reggie? Can't believe nobody has asked that yet!

M. Colston

B. Berrian

R. Williams

J. Cotchery

M. Furry

T. Williamson
I asked that nearly three hours before you did.

M. Colston

B. Berrian

R. Williams

J. Cotchery

M. Furry

T. Williamson
Yup, missed your post. So, whats the answer?

Did you guys know Yahoo lets you play Colston as a TE!! Just kidding. I just thought we needed a Colston as TE reference.
Sure we do! How could I have forgotten that? :D
I, uh, had Colston and dropped him (EAGERLY) in week 2 when Watson hit the wire. Gates is my starter, so at the time I figured neither would play any other week than week 3. :wall: :wall: :wall: Man, am I kicking myself now :)

M. Colston

B. Berrian

R. Williams

J. Cotchery

M. Furry

T. Williamson
Considering Roy was generally considered one of the top 10 WRs this year, I have to assume he's speaking of Reggie.

M. Colston

B. Berrian

R. Williams

J. Cotchery

M. Furry

T. Williamson
Considering Roy was generally considered one of the top 10 WRs this year, I have to assume he's speaking of Reggie.
I made that point earlier too. As for Reggie, just because he didn't see as much action when Jimmy Smith was around doesn't qualify him as a out of nowhere guy now. He was drafted in the first round in 2004 and had about 450 yards receiving last year. It shouldn't really surprise anyone if his numbers go up with Jimmy Smith not around.

I think there's Colston and then there's everyone else.
Can we throw Reggie Brown in there?I own Brown, Cotchery, and Williamson. I like what I see out of all of them. Coming from a guy who drafted Moss, Rod Smith, and "choke" Michael Clayton. These guys have all help me get to 3-1, and my one loss was by 4 pts :cry: Cotchery as all may remeber busted Torry Holt's records at NCState. I am a Jets homer and think he is for real, 'sho nuff. I wish they started his growing process last year, but Herm Edwards was our coach. I think williamson will be nice, he seems a little uncomfortable. He caught an 80 yard bomb! in the game vs. the Bears in week3, that was called back for offensive interference. Once he sorts that out he will be a solid WR.I think Brown will to McNabb what all thought TO would be in a season or two....

I think there's Colston and then there's everyone else.
What puts him over the edge, I think, is the TE eligibility in some leagues. But at WR, I don't think he's quite as far from the rest of the pack mentioned.Cotchery has put up very similar numbers to Colston so far, and he's in his third year. What happened to our love of the "third year WRs break out season"? :) Seriously though, I think Colston is playing at a high level, but he's a rookie and I just feel he's more likely to come back to earth.(For what it's worth, I grew up 10 mins away from Hofstra and played some high school games in their stadium, so I have a soft spot and want him to do well... )

M. Colston

B. Berrian

R. Williams

J. Cotchery

M. Furry

T. Williamson
when I originally wrote this I was referring to Williams from JAX.

M. Colston

B. Berrian

R. Williams

J. Cotchery

M. Furry

T. Williamson
when I originally wrote this I was referring to Williams from JAX.
oh, and for the record, what I was thinking of when I said "WRs you never heard of (or who had never done anything in Pro Ball before)" was WRs not ranked in the Top 50 preseason, who are now (or may be) among the WR stat leaders in the NFL. I should have been clearer, I know...

SeniorVBDStudent said:
ColstonWilliamsBerrianCotcheryFurreyWilliamson
ColstonCotcheryWilliams, RoyEdwardsBerrianGabrielFurreyWilliams, ReggieWilliamsonJackson
Williams, Roy....Edwards...ColstonCotcheryGabrielWilliamsonWilliams, ReggieBerrian..JacksonFurreyI own Colston in a few leagues and would GLADLY take Roy or Braylon straight up.

M. Colston

B. Berrian

R. Williams

J. Cotchery

M. Furry

T. Williamson
Obviously Reggie.

if he gets his off the field problems straightened out, chris henry could be in this group.
Williamson has a better chance of catching the ball than Henry has of getting his head on straight. If I were his agent, I would have arranged a personal chauffeur already. I mean, how many times can you make the SAME, STUPID MISTAKE! Call a damn cab, man! At least last time he didn't drive - just puked out the window as a teammate did.

Users who are viewing this thread