What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which WR do I need to release? (1 Viewer)

HutHutHike

Footballguy
10-team, half-PPR league. Diontae Johnson is coming off IR, meaning I need to cut either Joshua Palmer or Rashee Rice. Who would you keep/let go?

My initial thinking: My other WR are Olave, Waddle, Puka, and Nico (yes I am WR2 heavy). Rice could be the better stash as a home run candidate. Palmer has the higher floor and has been more productive, but I don’t see a scenario where he starts for me. I tried dangling receivers in trade talks but our league is a bit trade-averse.

I am wondering if you had a different position that would make more sense to cut. Do you have two kickers? Two Defenses? Two TE's? Those would all be players I would more likely drop than one of those WR's.

I'd rather have the upside of Rice than the floor of Palmer as your 6th WR.
this is the right answer. if its a player who will likely never see the field anyways, you might as well swing for the fences and see if you can get that home run.
Keep Rice for his upside.

I am wondering if you had a different position that would make more sense to cut. Do you have two kickers? Two Defenses? Two TE's? Those would all be players I would more likely drop than one of those WR's.

You actually bring up an interesting point. I'm surprised how many teams in my 10-teamer carry two defenses and/or two kickers. I think it's crazy (particularly with kickers and two defenses where neither is elite), but they swear by it. As for your question, both strangely ended up being casualties. No one in my league trades unless I over-offer.

Users who are viewing this thread