What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which 2 DBs to roster? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
Desmond King (28, HOU)
Rasul Douglas (27, GB)
Nate Hobbs (23, LV)

I have roster space for two of the three above in my IDP dynasty league and I also need to pick one of the two I’d be keeping to start this week.

I feel like this late in the season I’m deciding between King and Douglas. I currently have King and Hobbs rostered. Do I drop either to grab Douglas? Which one would you start in your championship?

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. DB's are a dime a dozen. I likely wouldn't waste any roster spots on DB's and pick the flavors of the year of the waiver wire next year.

What is your scoring system? That may have some influence on who to start this week. At this point and not knowing the scoring system I would lean Hobbs and Douglas.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. DB's are a dime a dozen. I likely wouldn't waste any roster spots on DB's and pick the flavors of the year of the waiver wire next year.

What is your scoring system? That may have some influence on who to start this week. At this point and not knowing the scoring system I would lean Hobbs and Douglas.
Pretty standard - 1 point assist, 2 points solo, 2 points pass defended, 6 points interception, .10 per int return yards, 6 points per TD.

King’s real sneaky value is he returns kicks sometimes too so he also gets return points. Usually the format really favors elite safeties and nickel CBs who get in there and tackle. CBs often can depend on matchup because they can get a ton of passes defended and/or interceptions.

You’re right I’m probably overthinking it, but the rest of my IDP is full of no brainers (Bosa, Crosby). My gut reaction is to just grab Douglas for King as he’s on a hot streak and they’re playing a passing offense this week (MIN) so I can hold Hobbs with hopes the Raiders get smart and move him back to nickel where he was dominating.

My gut reaction is to just grab Douglas for King as he’s on a hot streak and they’re playing a passing offense this week (MIN) so I can hold Hobbs with hopes the Raiders get smart and move him back to nickel where he was dominating.
I would do this

Users who are viewing this thread