What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where should Caleb Williams go in 1 QB leagues? (3 Viewers)

Just drafted him at 1.10 in 12 teams 1 QB ( my starting QB is Dak), I know, a lot of people don’t like to draft QB and prefer trading for proven QB, well i check on Lamar and Burrow this offseason, price much higher than 1.10.

Not saying it is so, but I think Jayden Daniels may have more fantasy upside because of his rushing ability. Of course we said the same thing about Fields, but IMO Daniels is a better passer.

Late 1st at best (unless there's a team or two picking shortly after 4 in dire need of a QB upgrade.) They added a good weapon sure, but multiple WR's and RB's landed in solid to great spots and they are almost always more valuable than QB's in start 1 leagues.

Not saying it is so, but I think Jayden Daniels may have more fantasy upside because of his rushing ability. Of course we said the same thing about Fields, but IMO Daniels is a better passer.

A lot of well known FF analysts have Jayden ranked higher in redrafts so you have company in your assessment.

In my 1 QB league (10 team) I have sent feelers around and think he goes no later than 1.6 or 1.7. I have 1.10, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 and am set at all positions but woud gladly grab Caleb with one of those picks if he drops, and will likely take Daniels with one of them if Caleb is gone. I will grab best avaiable WR and RB with those other 3 picks.

Dynasty: I think he's "fine" from 1.06 on if you NEED a QB. MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, Bowers, Worthy being 1-5.

Not needing a QB: I'd go Thomas, McConkey, Brooks, Benson, maybe Legette over him. I'm really concerned about Keon Coleman burning people with his landing spot, but I could certainly understand taking the Bills X receiver before taking a QB. All said and done, I'm probably personally taking him around 11 or 12.

I do think there's a reasonable argument to take Jayden Daniels over him. In 1 QB, I may be more inclined to lean towards Daniels and the rushing upside. You want someone more likely to stand out, and if he busts, it's easy enough to find a replacement.

In Superflex, I'm probably more apt to take the "Generational talent" in Caleb and feel good about him being at least a solid fantasy QB.

Re-Draft: I put him at 16 right after the draft. Just behind Goff and Tua.

Re-draft wise, I'm usually not a big fan of relying on a rookie at the QB spot. The position is deep enough, you can get a solid starter in the later rounds. I've got Jayden Daniels higher for redraft just for the rushing upside year 1.

While I wouldn’t avoid Caleb or Daniels in redraft I sure wouldn’t take them as high QB2 level.

Dynasty, I’d jump for him at 1.10 or later.

Just drafted him at 1.10 in 12 teams 1 QB ( my starting QB is Dak), I know, a lot of people don’t like to draft QB and prefer trading for proven QB, well i check on Lamar and Burrow this offseason, price much higher than 1.10.
I think that makes perfect sense. And yeah, Lamar or Joe should definitely be worth more than the 10

Dynasty: I think he's "fine" from 1.06 on if you NEED a QB. MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, Bowers, Worthy being 1-5.

Not needing a QB: I'd go Thomas, McConkey, Brooks, Benson, maybe Legette over him. I'm really concerned about Keon Coleman burning people with his landing spot, but I could certainly understand taking the Bills X receiver before taking a QB. All said and done, I'm probably personally taking him around 11 or 12.

I do think there's a reasonable argument to take Jayden Daniels over him. In 1 QB, I may be more inclined to lean towards Daniels and the rushing upside. You want someone more likely to stand out, and if he busts, it's easy enough to find a replacement.

In Superflex, I'm probably more apt to take the "Generational talent" in Caleb and feel good about him being at least a solid fantasy QB.
No way in hell I take Legette over Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels in any format. I can see bust written on his forehead.

My 12 Team 1 QB PPR TE+
I see him as 1.06-1.07 value today.
I'm in one of these and no way do I take any QB over Coleman, Worthy, or Thomas. I don't even particularly believe in Worthy making it, but what if? No one said Tyreek could do it either. You can't pass the chance. Caleb starts in play at 1.08 and the debate is over him vs. Brooks. I'm a big believer in Brooks' talent so and there is no indication the injury is any more than a simple ACL recovery so in a full PPR I probably lean for the positional value of RB over Caleb.
Excellent post. And maybe my start 1QB league is built a bit different - BUT, getting a generational type QB is worth more than all of Coleman, Worthy or Thomas.

I feel like “those guys” come around every year. Maybe I’m too high on Caleb? But I think he’s the real deal.

I’d honestly feel fine taking Caleb at the 4/5 spot. To me it’s the 3 sure fire WR’s, and then after that it’s Caleb or Bowers.

The rest of the guys an all be replaced by next years crop, IMO.

Love brooks, but I love Benson just as much.

It’s a strange draft class. Therefore, I want the players that o believe are safest to “hit”.

On a different note, in a SF league I adopted and have the 1.01, I'm really considering taking MHJ over Caleb because the team sucks bad! I have Will Levis as my only QB. I have Bijan & Brian Robinson, Najee Harris and Chubb. Jahan Dotson is my best wr.:yucky: I do have the 2.01, 2.03, 2.04 and 2.10 and 3.01 picks as well. My thought is if I pass on Caleb, I can get one of the other QBs later.

On a different note, in a SF league I adopted and have the 1.01, I'm really considering taking MHJ over Caleb because the team sucks bad! I have Will Levis as my only QB. I have Bijan & Brian Robinson, Najee Harris and Chubb. Jahan Dotson is my best wr.:yucky: I do have the 2.01, 2.03, 2.04 and 2.10 and 3.01 picks as well. My thought is if I pass on Caleb, I can get one of the other QBs later.

That pick should have been put up for auction the second you got the login information

Just started our 16 team, 1 QB, full PPR rookie draft today and Williams went #2 overall.

Pretty surprised, but that guy also has pick 4 and apparently didn't care who he got between Nabors and Onduze, so grabbed Williams. I would have taken one of the 2 WRs and hoped the guy picking 3rd went rouge and didn't take the other WR, then you get both Nabors and Odunze. Doubt that would have happened, but nothing to lose.

I have the 1.07 and the 1.11, so this topic is very interesting to me. Having only Lamar currently, I am really debating on the 1.07, but there is part of me that says he might be there @ 1.11.
There's probably a good chance you can get Daniels at 1.11 as a consolation if Caleb goes before that. May also depend on when you're drafting. Any big preseason performance could boost their stock.
Ok, so our 12 team start 1QB FFPC league is now onto round 2. Benson and Brooks went 1.05 and 1.06 which left Worthy for me at 1.07. No way I thought this guy would be available. Easy pick over Thomas who went next pick @ 1.08. Ladd and Coleman went 9 & 10. So, there he is @ 1.11, but he does have the same week 13 bye as Lamar(who is my other QB). Had one of the last 3 WR had fallen, I likely take them over Caleb. But that’s just not how it fell.

Pretty happy with how this went down.

He enters the conversation at 1.09 for me. I think a case can be made up to 1.07, but my gut call says he's late rd1/early 2 guy.

I have the 1.07 and the 1.11, so this topic is very interesting to me. Having only Lamar currently, I am really debating on the 1.07, but there is part of me that says he might be there @ 1.11.
There's probably a good chance you can get Daniels at 1.11 as a consolation if Caleb goes before that. May also depend on when you're drafting. Any big preseason performance could boost their stock.
Ok, so our 12 team start 1QB FFPC league is now onto round 2. Benson and Brooks went 1.05 and 1.06 which left Worthy for me at 1.07. No way I thought this guy would be available. Easy pick over Thomas who went next pick @ 1.08. Ladd and Coleman went 9 & 10. So, there he is @ 1.11, but he does have the same week 13 bye as Lamar(who is my other QB). Had one of the last 3 WR had fallen, I likely take them over Caleb. But that’s just not how it fell.

Don’t think we know anything about bye weeks yet

Don’t think we know anything about bye weeks yet
I thought so, thanks!

He enters the conversation at 1.09 for me. I think a case can be made up to 1.07, but my gut call says he's late rd1/early 2 guy.
I like his situation and in 1QB format, I agree 1.07 is a fair target but roster needs need to be part of the equation
My 1QB league voted to go SF in 2026 so I can wager he will go 1.05 when we draft next week. Limited starting QB play will drive them up for us this year due to the perceived quality. I am hoping 1.12 will yield Daniels or maybe Maye/JJMc

I used Caleb as a tracker for when to trade for Jayden. Trades happen, but assess who has QB needs in mid rd 1. If you can position yourself behind them, great, but regardless need to be ready with offers whenever he goes.

I figured he'd go 8 in one league (he did), but I also know those behind him didn't need QB's and aren't the types that move off their #1's. So I sat tight at 12 and took Daniels. I should've been more aggressive in the other, but getting cute still paid off. I was 11 and 10 was going to pick a QB, so I knew I needed to get in front of him if Caleb went before 9. He went 8 again. I probably should've offered 9 more than pick 11 and a 3rd, but it's IDP and he doesn't have a QB need so I sat patiently and he accepted my offer when nothing else came in. Pick 10 went JJ.

My strategy was much less fading Caleb as much as it was being comfortable enough with the risks associated with Daniels to use #1 to get #2.

Currently have him 7th on my draft board for my 1QB, but think I need to move him up a spot to supplant Thomas. Could see taking him as early as 1.4, but that would take a lot of good buzz in camp.

1 QB .5 ppr salary contract keeper league just wrapped up this morning. 1.11 C. Williams (has T. Law), 1.12 J. Daniels (needed QB only had Fields) did trade for D. Watson later in the draft. Watson has one year left on his contract for a middle-tier price—not cheap but not overly expensive. The trade was made with the team that drafted D. Mayes and was acquired for the 3.11, which turned into D. Walker, a wide receiver out of North Carolina.

2.4 JJ McCarthy (also needed a quarterback. No one was on the roster due to Tua's contract expiring and not franchising him.) 3.2 Michael Penix Jr. (Has D. Prescott on his roster.) 3.5 Drake Maye ( Has J. Hurts and J. Love on the roster.) All players drafted in the third round get league minimum contracts against your cap, and you can sign a player to a contract length of one to four years. The last quarterback went at 3.08 Bo Nix (had J. Burrow and Geno).

Quarterbacks have gained more value in the last few years in all my 1QB leagues.

The rookie draft is three rounds. We have a veteran draft at the end of July. There will be proven QBs available then, but you can not be sure who. You can speculate but don't know each team gets a franchise tag to place on a player, and you can give that player a contract for one to four years, but you will not know the contract's price till right before the draft.

Last edited:
I moved up to pick him at 1.05 in a 16-team TE-premium, 1 QB league.

Overpaid/overdrafted? Maybe, but my starting QB was going to be Aidan O'Connell, who may not even start with Minshew Magic in town. I am in the final stages of a massive rebuild and now have a formidable team, so I absolutely needed QB.

Also a big Bears fan, so that came into play.

I had 1.10 but was pretty certain he wasn't going to last. The guy at 1.07 has Derek Carr as his QB1. So paid a little bit to move from 1.10 to 1.05 and took him there. Feel great about it.

My 12 Team 1 QB PPR TE+
I see him as 1.06-1.07 value today.
I'm in one of these and no way do I take any QB over Coleman, Worthy, or Thomas. I don't even particularly believe in Worthy making it, but what if? No one said Tyreek could do it either. You can't pass the chance. Caleb starts in play at 1.08 and the debate is over him vs. Brooks. I'm a big believer in Brooks' talent so and there is no indication the injury is any more than a simple ACL recovery so in a full PPR I probably lean for the positional value of RB over Caleb.
I feel so dirty. I took Caleb over Coleman this morning in this league. I've recently started leaning into the "generational" concept, and if he hits that it's worth the roll.

Users who are viewing this thread