What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When will democrats realize that being nice to criminals doesnt make them nice. (1 Viewer)

parasaurolophus

Footballguy
Criminals are bad people. They dont just become good people when you let them get away with crime. 

Every one of you that bought into the myth of jails being filled with unlucky dudes just caught with a joint trying steal to feed their families has helped make our neighborhoods less safe.

Thanks a lot. We really appreciate it. 

We are #1 in incarcerations in the world.  Around 1.8M people are in the jail in the US. How many more in prison would it take for you to feel safe?

Criminals are bad people. They dont just become good people when you let them get away with crime. 

Every one of you that bought into the myth of jails being filled with unlucky dudes just caught with a joint trying steal to feed their families has helped make our neighborhoods less safe.

I came in here expecting to hear about how the Dems and the Justice Department are being way to soft when it come to Trump and the January 6th insurrection. 

Truth is in the middle.

What are we misunderstanding?  I’m trying to follow the logic.
Think of the extremes on the spectrum. On one side you have no punishment for crimes. On the other side you always lock people up and throw away the key.

Of course, nobody believes we should be at either end of the spectrum. Either would have disastrous consequences. Republicans and Democrats are at different places on the spectrum, but not at the ends.

When you read the OP, he’s basically arguing that Democrats are at the extreme end. That isn’t true.

Basically, not all criminals are bad, irredeemable people. But, on the other hand, they all aren’t unlucky people stealing bread to feed a family. The truth is in the middle.

Think of the extremes on the spectrum. On one side you have no punishment for crimes. On the other side you always lock people up and throw away the key.

Of course, nobody believes we should be at either end of the spectrum. Either would have disastrous consequences. Republicans and Democrats are at different places on the spectrum, but not at the ends.

When you read the OP, he’s basically arguing that Democrats are at the extreme end. That isn’t true.

Basically, not all criminals are bad, irredeemable people. But, on the other hand, they all aren’t unlucky people stealing bread to feed a family. The truth is in the middle.
Isn’t almost every city run by a D mayor?  I also posted a link the other day about Soros influencing DA elections that are soft and look the other way on criminals,what should we think?  I lived in Kalamazoo for five years, they just decided they will not enforce a bunch of lessor crimes.  We  are fed up.

Isn’t almost every city run by a D mayor?  I also posted a link the other day about Soros influencing DA elections that are soft and look the other way on criminals,what should we think?  I lived in Kalamazoo for five years, they just decided they will not enforce a bunch of lessor crimes.  We  are fed up.
Is there some context?  Reasoning given?

Kalamazoo recently decriminalized public urination and defecation from a misdemeanor to a civil infraction. Is this terrible?

No problem

I'm not a Democrat, but the prison/judicial system is a mess. You can get locked up/accused for anything, but defending yourself can destroy you. 
The biggest issue is that, depending on where you live, after getting arrested you it can take very long to get seen by a judge, have bail set and then decide if you can cover the bail or not. If you cant cover the bail, you can sit in jail for years waiting for the case to come up. By then, you have surely lost your job, your family has lost an income and a parent/spouse and all of the issues that result in that. 

Cash bail is so arbitrary. There is no consistency in the rulings. 

I'm not a fan of the current policies where criminals are arrested and set free the next day. There needs to be some form of tracking or digital monitoring that can be done to ensure the released person is doing what they should be doing. I mean its freakin 2022, I am not a criminal but yet my phone tracks me everyday. 

this documentary made me change my mind on the idea of bail 

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree it is a huge mess and while justice is supposed to be blind,  it isn't even close to being fair.   

It is a complicated issue but if it makes you feel better to blame the Democrats then go for it.

Local officials and law enforcement point to pandemic-related stress, a proliferation of guns and increased alcohol sales, among other factors.

stress, alcohol and guns.  Like these didn’t really exist before 2020?  Gonna have to dig deeper than that.
Store Policies recently changed, can’t chase them out of the store is a big deal now.  

So much of this tracks back to drug addiction which tracks back to the massive pipeline on our southern border.  That is the blue team so desiring to stuff the channels with new incipient voters that they're willing to blithely overlook the devastation the concurrent meth and fentanyl is causing.

to stop crime overall, the benefit of the crime cannot outweigh the punishment of getting caught

that's a big problem in the USA right now IMO, our judicial system is too lenient ............and we really do have millions of violent people that need locked away from society

In Central OH we have a gang of kids stealing Hyundai and Kia cars by the score.  Same kids over and over, and they brag each time they are picked up how they will be out before the officers shift is over.  They aren’t wrong.  Well they finally went a little too fast and wrecked at high speed, killing 2 of them.  14 years old.  So I guess sometimes being nice makes them dead.  Such a shame.

moleculo said:
FairWarning said:
Or you can look at how the cities have gone to hell.  
Odd, I didn't see any fire and/or brimstone driving into work here in Charlotte today.
Took my wife( and 7 yr old daughter) out for our Anniversary dinner recently to a really nice steakhouse in one of these big cities.  Had a wonderful night and throughly enjoyed our meal and our time downtown.

Just a few weeks ago my wife, daughter and another family went to a baseball game in one of these big cities.  Beautiful sunny day, kids ran around eating ice cream and hot dogs while the adults enjoyed the game and some beers and we all had a blast.

If this is hell, sign me up.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Took my wife( and 7 yr old daughter) out for our Anniversary dinner recently to a really nice steakhouse in one of these big cities.  Had a wonderful nice and throughly enjoyed our meal and our time downtown.

Just a few weeks ago my wife, daughter and another family went to a baseball game in one of these big cities.  Beautiful sunny day, kids ran around eating ice cream and hot dogs while the adults enjoyed the game and some beers and we all had a blast.

If this is hell, sign me up.   
White privilege ;)

name that city and lets talk about the crime in it .... I dare you :)
Hmmm let me see here. You’re proposing having a conversation where you talk about  stats and I talk about real world actual experience over the course of my entire life in said city.  Yeah, no.  

Users who are viewing this thread