What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When is FBG's going to come out with an IPhone App? (1 Viewer)

iPhone...the greatest non-medical invention of the new century, IMO. Basically, it's a micro-laptop. A computer you can carry around in a case on your belt. It's an amazing device. I'm interested to see how the Palm Pre compares to it (I believe it debuts Saturday).

To the topic at hand...I'd be thrilled if FBG came out with an iPhone app.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when I would to walk down to the lake with a couple of beers, a chew, my fantasy football magazine, a pen and highlighter and prep for my upcoming draft in solace.

Jackie Martling (formerly of the Howard Stern Show) has an iphone app with stupid jokes and silly noise buttons.

It can't be that hard, can it?

I agree, I would like to see it. I'm getting chills just thinking about the dominators on my phone.
Draft Dominator is far too robust for an iPhone
:yes: Actually, not at all... draft dominator would be a pretty easy conversion to the iPhone.I'm saying this as an iPhone application developer.FYI - Palm Pre won't hold a candle to the iPhone because the Palm OS is extremely limited.

I agree, I would like to see it. I'm getting chills just thinking about the dominators on my phone.
:wall: Actually, not at all... draft dominator would be a pretty easy conversion to the iPhone.I'm saying this as an iPhone application developer.

FYI - Palm Pre won't hold a candle to the iPhone because the Palm OS is extremely limited.
So when is the Joseph Addai app coming out?

:goodposting: Actually, not at all... draft dominator would be a pretty easy conversion to the iPhone.I'm saying this as an iPhone application developer.

FYI - Palm Pre won't hold a candle to the iPhone because the Palm OS is extremely limited.
Well, you clearly know better than me then. :goodposting:

:thumbup: Actually, not at all... draft dominator would be a pretty easy conversion to the iPhone.I'm saying this as an iPhone application developer.

Well, you clearly know better than me then. :thumbup:
Do you really want to manage a draft from a 3.5-inch screen? The iPhone also lack the multi-tasking ability that would be necessary to accommodate my needs during a draft.

It's not about managing your draft (response above). It is about having access to rankings, depth charts, great articles, etc. at all times. Why would you not want an app?!!!

Some people can't access FBG's at work and it would be awesome to be able to grab your Iphone and read articles, etc.

There is no reason not to have an app in this day and age.

FBG's get on it!!! It should be free for subscribers.

:banned: Actually, not at all... draft dominator would be a pretty easy conversion to the iPhone.I'm saying this as an iPhone application developer.FYI - Palm Pre won't hold a candle to the iPhone because the Palm OS is extremely limited.
"Palm OS" is "Web OS" and is based on Linux. SDK hasn't even been released yet. Try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: Actually, not at all... draft dominator would be a pretty easy conversion to the iPhone.I'm saying this as an iPhone application developer.

What are you waiting for? :confused:

iPhone...the greatest non-medical invention of the new century, IMO. Basically, it's a micro-laptop. A computer you can carry around in a case on your belt. It's an amazing device. I'm interested to see how the Palm Pre compares to it (I believe it debuts Saturday).

To the topic at hand...I'd be thrilled if FBG came out with an iPhone app.
Umm...

:lmao: Actually, not at all... draft dominator would be a pretty easy conversion to the iPhone.I'm saying this as an iPhone application developer.

"Palm OS" is "Web OS" and is based on Linux. SDK hasn't even been released yet. Try again.
The Mojo SDK was already released to a number of Palm's partners, and you can apply for your own if you are a Palm developer. Try again.

:confused: Actually, not at all... draft dominator would be a pretty easy conversion to the iPhone.I'm saying this as an iPhone application developer.

The Mojo SDK was already released to a number of Palm's partners, and you can apply for your own if you are a Palm developer. Try again.
Nerd fight!!!!

:coffee: Actually, not at all... draft dominator would be a pretty easy conversion to the iPhone.I'm saying this as an iPhone application developer.

The only SDK you can get by applying is not the full SDK. The only one getting that are a very few companies hand-picked by Palm ; correct me if I'm wrong in that you are not one of those hand-picked companies. Which means the only SDK you have likely seen is not one that would give access to the WebOS core. Which means you don't know jack about what the Pre can do. The fact that you refer to it as PalmOS just shows you don't what the hell you are talking about.

:wall: Actually, not at all... draft dominator would be a pretty easy conversion to the iPhone.

I'm saying this as an iPhone application developer.

The only SDK you can get by applying is not the full SDK. The only one getting that are a very few companies hand-picked by Palm ; correct me if I'm wrong in that you are not one of those hand-picked companies. Which means the only SDK you have likely seen is not one that would give access to the WebOS core. Which means you don't know jack about what the Pre can do. The fact that you refer to it as PalmOS just shows you don't what the hell you are talking about.
You're wrong. FYI - Palm OS was in reference to the Palm company, not the name of the OS. Just like people saying Windows, instead of Vista, or Mac OS instead of OSX. You're grasping at straws...

Users who are viewing this thread