What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the worst movie you've ever seen? (1 Viewer)

Let's face it, no movie made before 1980 has stood the test of time.
link.
:lol:

I don't actually believe that. There are some great old movies. One of my favorite movies of all time is 12 Angry Men. I will say that movies that rely on special effects can be hard to watch years after they were made. Only because special effects are always improving. So we expect a higher quality. The best example I can give is Terminator 2. I remember when that came out thinking how incredible those special effects were. It was mind bottling! But I caught this movie on cable a couple years ago and was blown away at how cheesy a lot of these special effects looked.

But I do still like older movies.
What the HELL are you talking about? :angry: x 12
Have you watched it lately? Don't get me wrong, I love this movie. It was on and I told my daughter, "Hey, check this movie out. The effects are incredible." We watched for a while and she goes, "Umm, these effects are kind of cheesy." And she was right. The part where he melds into the helicopter, or actually, any scene where he melds from one thing to another. All pretty bad by today's comparison.
At least once a year.

I suggest getting a new daughter.

Edit: No really. I don't see how you could say anything like that. :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

Good to have you back and posting wikkid.
:goodposting:

and another thing- those stupid black and white movies... lame.
I watched a movie once where you couldn't hear the actor's voices. WTF was that?
The organ players union kept that alive way too long.
Maybe, but, being a union man, it was so sad to go into those 42nd st movie theaters in the 70s and see so many of them playing their organs by themselves with no one to listen.
WHO WILL THINK OF THE MASTERBATERS?!

Keerock said:
Good to see this has finally turned into "a recent movie that I didn't like"
Would actually like to see a "Best Picture Oscar winning films that suck" thread. Birdman might just vault to the top.
Ordinary People.

Mary Tyler Moore & Don Sutherland. Won best Picture of Year. Should have slit wrists before watching.

Thought I'd mentioned it before in the FFA, but Skyline deserves inclusion here. Whenever the subject of bad movies comes up, it's among the first that come to mind for me. Dreadfully boring, laughable acting, uneven special effects, only the barest thread of a plot and a ridiculous ending. So bad.

Objectively speaking, it's probably not as bad as the likes of Manos: The Hands of Fate, but it had more resources and was still terrible. I'm glad that few people even bring it up, 'cause it means that they probably didn't see it.

This thread got me thinking, would it be possible to intentionally create the worst movie of all time?

I surmise it would be as difficult as making a great movie. These kinds of things can't be planned, they just happen.

This thread got me thinking, would it be possible to intentionally create the worst movie of all time?

I surmise it would be as difficult as making a great movie. These kinds of things can't be planned, they just happen.
a Michael Bay remake of Gone with the Wind with Jar Jar Binks as Scarlet and Kirk Cameron as Rhett?

i should have switched those roles, only to hear Jar Jar say

"geez kirk, meessa no be giving any damn what yousa be doing, yup yup"

The challenge would be finding the low point before it boomerangs back up, like "Springtime for Hitler" or Sharknado.

I don't think so. For me, for a movie to be truly terrible, it has to aspire to be good. It's the failure that makes it so horrible.

I don't think so. For me, for a movie to be truly terrible, it has to aspire to be good. It's the failure that makes it so horrible.
I agree with this completely.

Gigli? someone who saw it would have to nominate it though.

a Michael Bay remake of Gone with the Wind with Jar Jar Binks as Scarlet and Kirk Cameron as Rhett?
With Rosie Perez as Melanie and Woody Allen as Ashley.

Tanner9919 said:
after hearing people tell me how great the Exorcist was, I finally relented and watched it,YEARS after it came out.

I was like, 'you're joking right, that's scary? " her head spins around.horrible special effects and lousy makeup job done on her.

levitating.oh,whats next? is she going to puke or something.oh,got it.cool.

silliest movie I've ever seen.I mean, just.plain.silly.

same with Silence of the Lambs - I always thought it was when SF played LA Rams and always whooped them..nope.it's a movie apparently.saw it years after it came out.same thing. oooh...farva beans and liver.you're a bad man, Mr. Hopkins..Jodi Foster wasn't anything special in the movie. I just found it to be a dark comedy.only poorly acted and not funny, unlike Fargo..

( Fargo is one of my favorite movies..it's pure genius..Coen Bros)
Both are terrible. Agreed

Tanner9919 said:
after hearing people tell me how great the Exorcist was, I finally relented and watched it,YEARS after it came out.

I was like, 'you're joking right, that's scary? " her head spins around.horrible special effects and lousy makeup job done on her.

same with Silence of the Lambs - I always thought it was when SF played LA Rams and always whooped them..nope.it's a movie apparently.saw it years after it came out.same thing. oooh...farva beans and liver.you're a bad man, Mr. Hopkins..Jodi Foster wasn't anything special in the movie. I just found it to be a dark comedy.only poorly acted and not funny, unlike Fargo..

Dark movies are really tough to pull off IMO. Even guys who are really good at dark comedies or violent films will whiff from time to time. Watching a bad director try to pull it off is almost always cringeworthy.

With Rosie Perez as Melanie and Woody Allen as Ashley.
Another Gus Van Sant frame-for-frame remake, like he did for Psycho a few years ago, but for Freddie Got Fingered.

Tommy Wiseau needs a part in this movie for it to be a true masterpiece of ####.

Tanner9919 said:

Dark movies are really tough to pull off IMO. Even guys who are really good at dark comedies or violent films will whiff from time to time. Watching a bad director try to pull it off is almost always cringeworthy.
The Shining is still awesome.

Tanner9919 said:

Sure it is. Fantastic. Now imagine how quickly and easily it could have spun off the rails into ridiculousness at the hands of a lesser director. Or with a lesser actor than Nicholson. I'm just saying that executing those types of movies is really, really tough.

Tanner9919 said:

Sure it is. Fantastic. Now imagine how quickly and easily it could have spun off the rails into ridiculousness at the hands of a lesser director. Or with a lesser actor than Nicholson. I'm just saying that executing those types of movies is really, really tough.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid

Tanner9919 said:

It's a fine line between clever and stupid
Shark Sandwich? ...More like #### Sandwich.

I just watched Taxi Driver and Scarface today. Both crap.
Obvious troll is obvious.
I read it more as obvious satire of dude naming Silence of the Lambs in a worst movie ever thread.
yeah, these threads bring out the crabby movie snob in me.

I know people watch movies for a variety of reasons, but just because somebody thought a movie was slow, boring, or not as funny/scary as advertised doesn't mean that it belongs in a thread talking about worst movies ever.

As I and others have stated the "artsy" directors that it is popular to list in here are just too talented to be mentioned. Like their movies or not, but the movies of guys like Kubrick, PTA, Malick, Wes Anderson, etc.. are just too well shot and beautiful to look at and don't belong anywhere around here. I guess I just don't know what to say if somebody can't see the difference between Eyes Wide Shut and a Transformers movie.

Thought I'd mentioned it before in the FFA, but Skyline deserves inclusion here. Whenever the subject of bad movies comes up, it's among the first that come to mind for me. Dreadfully boring, laughable acting, uneven special effects, only the barest thread of a plot and a ridiculous ending. So bad.

Objectively speaking, it's probably not as bad as the likes of Manos: The Hands of Fate, but it had more resources and was still terrible. I'm glad that few people even bring it up, 'cause it means that they probably didn't see it.
Yes, yes it does. :yucky:

BAM!

:pickle:

BAM! :pickle:
:jawdrop:

After Earth & The Last Airbender have to figure prominently into this discussion. They are both slick big budget films that clearly aspired to be multi-film franchises and they not only fell far short of expectations (particularly TLA because it has such beloved source material) but they were simply terrible films. Bad story telling, bad acting, bad everything. I would have no problem listing these two among the worst ever.

And as a bonus they were both directed by M. Night Shamalammadingdong. There is no way this guy gets another big budget film green lighted, it's a shock that he has managed to finagle two films at all considering these were his two previous films.

I did not hit her. I did not. Oh, hi Mark!
I am currently watching this after catching wind of the upcoming James Franco movie based on the book written about the making of this film. This is staggering. I think it may deserve its own thread. I've never seen anything this excruciating in my life. This movie is both dumbfounding and mesmerizing. 

The worst "good movie" I ever saw was Chariots of Fire.   Tried watching it twice and fell asleep both times.

Wifey rented Boyhood from the library.  It's like they crammed twelve years of a very boring family reality show into a three hour movie.

England has Fallen was awful.  

Back in the day worst movies were....

Magnolia

The Thin Red Line

Chicago

For the Hate of the Game

and the Bridges of Madison County

Couldn't make it through Vanilla Sky.  sorry Magnolia.  Thanks PIK95, I had it wrong.  Vanilla Sky wasn't too bad.  

Users who are viewing this thread