What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the worst dynasty trade that you have accepted? (1 Viewer)

scifijon

Footballguy
Similar to the worst dynasty trade proposal you have received thread, however this is for trades that either you accepted or that you proposed and were accepted by the other party.

Hindsight is in play here.

I'll start:

Traded 1.15 and 2.12 for 1.5 in 2012. Seemed like thievery at the time. So cheap to be able to draft Blackmon! That one set me back.

Your turn!

traded Frank Gore and E. Sanders for Toby Gerhart and Hakeem Nicks last year before the start of the year, still won the title last year.

traded Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown right after everyone thought Bell had Lis Franc and before the start of the season when Brown started dominating for Josh Gordon, still recovering, but I got Bell back before became all studly last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the start of the 2013 season, traded a 2014 2nd and Jordan Reed for Danny Amendola.

Promptly dropped Julian Edelman as he was my WR12 at the time.

Mistakes were made.

Offseason between 2013 and 2014 traded L. Bell for the 1.02 and Seastrunk, then drafted Sankey with the 1.02. That one hurts.

I traded Ellington, Keenan Allen and Ertz for ADP the day before he was suspended last year. In hindsight it was a bunch of sell highs for a guy that could bring a ring home. Not sure if that was my worst in 20 years but it stings the most right now.

I traded Ellington, Keenan Allen and Ertz for ADP the day before he was suspended last year. In hindsight it was a bunch of sell highs for a guy that could bring a ring home. Not sure if that was my worst in 20 years but it stings the most right now.
The day before?? Damn. I mean if you felt your team was on the cusp, nobody can blame you. Just awful timing.

Traded Mike Evans for Cordarrelle Patterson before the season last year. Talk about a switch to the balls.

2 years ago traded Big Ben and Antonio Brown for Mike Vick and the 1.03 (which I used on Tavon Austin).

About 4 years back I gave up a 1st rounder (that I was planning to use on devy Andrew Luck) and Jordy Nelson for Santonio Holmes who was a FA at the time. He signed with the Jets and fell off the face of the earth.

Traded Rashard Mendenhall and Dez Bryant for Sidney Rice and Beanie Wells. This was after Rice's big year, but it still hurts.

Worst for me - I was big on Trent Richardson before our rookie draft. offered dez and a 1st for the 1.01 to get him. He accepted.

Best for me - after Peyton signed in Denver, his owner was shopping him with no bites. he asked for an idp, I offered Gerald McCoy. He accepted.

Traded Jeremy Hill after his breakout game and Martavis Bryant for Ryan Mathews and Frank Gore.

Still can't believe I did it. Going to haunt me for years to come.

D. Thomas for Patterson, Latimer, and Christine Michael during 2014 preseason

Still early but it's not looking good for my side

Traded Antonio Brown early in the 2012 season for a 2013 1st and 2nd. Picks ended up being a much later in the round than I had anticipated. I would flip the late 1st and Andre Johnson for Percy Harvin, who was a stud at the time. With the late 2nd I drafted EJ Manuel.

So Antonio Brown and Andre Johnson for Percy Harvin and EJ Manuel. :bag:

Quite a few, lol

The one that still hurts like hell is before the season started last year, I traded Beckham for Sankey. I needed a RB. Oops

2 summers ago I traded Jeffery (coming off his rookie year) and Maclin for Nicks when everyone thought Nicks would be healthy and dominate again...

Traded two 1sts/2nds and DJax for Chris Johnson after his 2k season.

The following year, same league, I traded Cruz/Ridley for Beanie freaking Wells.

Still recovering from those trades. Ugh.

Gave DeMarco Murray for Jacquizz Rodgers about 2 weeks before Murray's 200 yard game his rookie year.

:X

Last year - 12 teams ppr

I gave - Randal Cobb and Rashad Jennings

Got - Doug Martin, Sims

Marshall (during one of his troubled years) for what ending up being beanie wells was another real bad one....

Traded Mark Ingram for Percy Harvin before Ingram resigned with the Saints and Harvin with the Bills :wall:
A little early to call that a bad trade, no?
Yes, maybe. But, all the rankings I've seen thus far makes me think I prematurely pulled the trigger on this trade, though i can care less about rankings in the eyes of others it might look like a bad trade. In any case, I just wanted to sell on Ingram and I thought Harvin provided good value, but he gets hated on in the media and rankings. FBG hates the guy for sure.

1.3 for Monte Ball

Cotchery for Wes Walker a season before Welker went to NE and just dominated PPR for like 3-5 years.

SuperFlex league early in 2013

Gave Colin Kaepernick and 2nd rounder for DE Jabal Shead, Blaine Gabbert and a 3rd. Kaepernick got to start soon afterwards and Gabbert sucked. Sheard got moved to LB killing his value.

Only good part was the 2nd was Dante Hightower and my 3rd was Harrison Smith so I got the better player there.

Both in a nonPPR

1. right after their rookie year I traded Ray Rice and Santonio Holmes for Kevin Smith DET

2. Before last season traded Lynch, Manziel 2015 1st for Monte Ball

I've had some bad ones, but here are the recent ones:

Last year I traded OBJ for Torrey Smith in August. Thankfully I got him back for Martavis and a 2nd during week 4.

Not so lucky on this one: I traded Jeremy Hill and DeSean Jackson for Stacy, Mason, and Hakeem Nicks just before the season last year :(

Traded Lamar Miller, 1.04 (L. Bell would have been my pick), and a future first (ended up being Cooks at 5) for TRich and M. Hardesty.

Further back, I also traded MJD and Braylon Edwards for Cedric Benson and Plaxico during MJD's rookie year.

I trade a decent amount, so I get some doozies.

At start of 2014 I traded away Mike Wallace in my 12 team ppr 25 man roster league. It was conditional - if Wallace finished top 12 I got his 2015 1st round rookie pick, otherwise it was his 2015 2nd round rookie pick. The guy lost the 2014 championship so it turned out I traded Mike Wallace for his 2015 2.11 rookie pick. I had my own pick 2.10 already. So with back to back picks, I chose Devin Funchess with my 2.10 and used my Wallace 2.11 on Maxx Williams. Verdict is still out. I wish I had traded Wallace his last year with the Steelers. I drafted him his rookie year as a 4th round rookie pick. I sold a little late.

Eta: I initiated/ made the offer.

Worst for me - I was big on Trent Richardson before our rookie draft. offered dez and a 1st for the 1.01 to get him. He accepted.

Best for me - after Peyton signed in Denver, his owner was shopping him with no bites. he asked for an idp, I offered Gerald McCoy. He accepted.
Maybe it's time to move on from the public leagues ;)

Similar to the worst dynasty trade proposal you have received thread, however this is for trades that either you accepted or that you proposed and were accepted by the other party.

I'll start:

Traded 1.15 and 2.12 for 1.5 in 2012. Seemed like thievery at the time. So cheap to be able to draft Blackmon! That one set me back.

Your turn!
If that is your worst then you must be the best trader in fantasy history. Who would you have taken at 15 and 24?

FFPC tight end premium traded Gronk in the offseason after his rookie year for some picks that weren't even good enough to be able to remember. Oops.

Doesnt beat the guy who traded Brown and Bell for Gordon though. Wowzers that's the ultimate hindsight kick in the nads

Maybe it's time to move on from the public leagues ;)
:shrug: bad trades happen in most leagues. This league happens to be my favorite, large league around since 2002 with mostly good owners. A few had a steep learning curve.

I'll start:

Your turn!
If that is your worst then you must be the best trader in fantasy history. Who would you have taken at 15 and 24?
Someone not worth zilch. Hindsight in play bro!

not my trade, but looking back:

Aug 26 2008

A gave: Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB;Robinson, Laurent ATL WR;Olsen, Greg CHI TE;Ellis, Sedrick NOS DT
B gave: Grossman, Rex CHI QB;Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Granted, Gates did well.

C gave: Year 2008 Draft Pick 1.06; Year 2008 Draft Pick 2.03; Year 2009 Round 3 Draft Pick
D gave: Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR; Year 2008 Draft Pick 2.08
1.06 ended up being Matt Forte, 2.03 Jamal Charles. although the 2.08 was Joe Flacco.

Nothing like getting set up for the next 7 years by trading Jericho Cotchery.

I'll start:

Your turn!
So how did that trade set you back again??

Traded Russell Wilson for Aaron Hernandez right before he started murdering (like a week before)

Traded Steven Jackson for Justin Blackmon a week before he got suspended.

This was a the same dynasty team, I had bought it as an absolute zero. I've also drafted Mark Ingram over AJ Green and Julio Jones with that squad.

And yet a few years later, it's at least competitive this year, and if DGB is a starting level WR I will be pretty solid.

Also dealt CJ Anderson for Victor Cruz and a pick the week after CJ went off (I figured the Den situation wasn't stable enough and Cruz was a long term better play, looks like I blew that one)

I'll start:

Your turn!
So how did that trade set you back again??
Thank you for your insight. I'm glad that I've been crowned the best trader in fantasy history.

Not involved but when Aaron Rodgers was backing up Favre he was traded straight up for Trent Edwards.
this is the kind of hindsight that makes me not want to trade Oz right now. Obviously he might (probably won't) turn out to be close to Rodgers, but he has potential to be very good.

I regret trading Antonio Brown, I got Kelvin Benjamin and Todd Gurley with the picks that I received in the trade but I regret it. I'm loaded at the WR position but Brown is a baller!

Tex

I'll start:

Your turn!
In my league, those picks would have netted you Ronnie Hillman and Ramses Barden (I'm assuming from the "1.15" that this is a 16-teamer, so the 2.12 is the 28th pick overall). So not necessarily "someone not worth zilch".

Traded Mark Ingram for Percy Harvin before Ingram resigned with the Saints and Harvin with the Bills :wall:
A little early to call that a bad trade, no?
Yes, maybe. But, all the rankings I've seen thus far makes me think I prematurely pulled the trigger on this trade, though i can care less about rankings in the eyes of others it might look like a bad trade. In any case, I just wanted to sell on Ingram and I thought Harvin provided good value, but he gets hated on in the media and rankings. FBG hates the guy for sure.
#NotAllFBGs

This was a bad year (2010):

Trade 1:

Gave up: Peterson, Adrian MIN RB;Evans, Lee BUF WR;Houshmandzadeh, T.J. BAL WR;Ochocinco, Chad CIN WR;Daniels, Owen HOU TE; Year 2012 Round 2

Received: Betts, Ladell NOS RB;Thomas, Pierre NOS RB;Austin, Miles DAL WR;Butler, Deon SEA WR;Gaffney, Jabar DEN WR;Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE;Saints, New Orleans NOS Def; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick

Trade 2:

Gave up: Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR; Year 2011 Round 1 Draft Pick;Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick

Received: Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

My worst trade with the benefit of hindsight came last year. I was worried about Julius Thomas potentially leaving Denver, (check!), and Randall Cobb potentially leaving Green Bay (no check!), and I wanted to diversify my holdings by buying a share of some guys who I didn't really like, but who the community as a whole was sky-high on.

I gave: Le'Veon Bell, Randall Cobb, Julius Thomas, pick 1.08

I got: Keenan Allen, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, Ladarius Green, and a 2015 first.

Had I owned pick 1.08 still, I would have used it on Odell Beckham. The 2015 first wound up being 8th overall again (10-team league). Other than Julius leaving Denver, pretty much everything that could have possibly gone wrong did, all at the same time. Only way it could have been worse is if the other guy beat me in the super bowl thanks to the guys I traded him and I wound up with the 1.10, instead.

Ironically enough, that trade was universally loved and drew a bunch of "I wish I played in your league" comments at the time. Something for proponents of trade vetoes to remember.

Users who are viewing this thread