What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whatcha need tonight to advance to the Championship? (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
Up 10.36

BobbyLayne - Tua & Miami DST

Villain: Gesicki

There are actually scenarios whereby I could lose.

At least it’s not a 48 hour sweat like Week 15

HERO OF THE WEEK - Braxton Berrios was the third WR3 I inserted into the lineup (Tua the last of 4 QBs) bc COVID. Not much of a stat line - 5 catches & 90 YFS - but the 150 KR (103 TD) equated to 24.00 in our format.

Last edited by a moderator:
17.5 PPR from Waddle.  This one is going to sting.  Started Big Ben after losing Lamar/Huntley.  Could have played Josh Johnson :(  

Up 3 pts

Need Duke to keep that cushion against Dolphins D. 

If I manage to hold on it will be my 7th Championship appearance in 20 yrs. If not, it'll be my opponents 7th in 20.

Assuming no stat changes, I just need Kamara NOT to fumble on his first play of the game, gain no yards and sit out the rest of the night.

I figured the chances of that are less than the chances of a stat change that costs me 1.8 points, so I'm leaving him in there.

Thanks Dallas defense!!

Up 3 pts

Need Duke to keep that cushion against Dolphins D. 

If I manage to hold on it will be my 7th Championship appearance in 20 yrs. If not, it'll be my opponents 7th in 20.
This will be my 4th Championship Game in the 17 years in my main league, first since 2015. One guy became the first with 4 titles last year, I’m tied with another guy at 3.

Have never lost a final and on a 7G win streak, but one week is always a bit of a crap shoot eh.

Kamara to score less than 48.

Gesecki to score less than 52.

Waddle to score less than 60.

And 7 points in stats changes last week to regain the tiebreaker advantage.

I'm down 4.6 points, 1 point PPR, QB 4 points for passing TD. I have Tua and he has Gesicki, I may be the slight favorite but it will be a sweat.

Down 22 points

I have Kamara, NO safety Williams (ave 7ppg), CWilkens (ave 6)

vs JPhillips (ave 10 in last 3 games), has blow up potential with any sacks

Will come down to final 5 minutes I’m sure

I had Burrow and Higgens and going to win by 3 points.   Was very happy when Kelce had the COVID. My opponent had Kelce and no other TE.  :thumbup: I would have lost had Kelce played. 

Assuming no stat changes, I just need Kamara NOT to fumble on his first play of the game, gain no yards and sit out the rest of the night.

I figured the chances of that are less than the chances of a stat change that costs me 1.8 points, so I'm leaving him in there.

Thanks Dallas defense!!
I'm in the same boat but I'm benching Kamara. I'm up and the only way I lose is if I play Kamara and the unimaginable happens. Just going to take that out of the equation.

I need 6 points (down 5.99) from Cam Jordan in an IDP dynasty league.  

Solo and assist tackles are 1.5 points each.  Sacks are 6 points.  Pass defended is 2 points.  3 points per FF or FR.  

He's hit at least 6 points in 10/13 games he's played this year.  It's definitely within reach.  Just worry it could be one of those games where things fall wrong and he gets 1-2 tackles.  

I had Burrow and Higgens and going to win by 3 points.   Was very happy when Kelce had the COVID. My opponent had Kelce and no other TE.  :thumbup: I would have lost had Kelce played. 
I was also very happy when it was announced given my opponent had Kelce. Not so lucky, he pivoted to Dalton Shultz who lit it up.  :(.  

Going to come down to the wire tonight.

I'm in the same boat but I'm benching Kamara. I'm up and the only way I lose is if I play Kamara and the unimaginable happens. Just going to take that out of the equation.

Dont get me wrong...I thought about. But my score is close enough that one or 2 very minor stat changes could make the difference. 1 Dallas sack gets taken away and 1 or TINY yardage adjustments happen and all of a sudden I'm behind. Can't risk it.

If Kamara somehow leaves the game tonight with -2 points, I'll live with it. I'd never hear the end of it if i benched him and then lost on a stat correction.

Need Mia D to stay under 15  (go Book go)  ~75%?

Need Gesicki + Waddle under 34 ~ 80%?

I've had a lot of bad luck this year (2, <1 point losses), hopefully this week is different!

My league was unsure how NFL teams would handle an extra game, so we kept the schedules the same and the Championship Game was actually this week. Need 7.9 from Kamara(non-PPR)

This is what I need to get into the Championship game next week:

• I Need to go back in time to Sunday morning and put Penny in for Najee instead of Tee Higgins.

I'd never hear the end of it if i benched him and then lost on a stat correction.
This is what I thought of. Probably the right move, all things considered. Losing on a stat correction in an IDP league or because they changed a D/ST sack is more than possible, and more likely than Kamara fumbling and gaining no yards on the night. 

Down 1.96 pts (of course had I played either team in the other semifinal I would have won easily already)

I have Sanders kicking vs his New Orleans D

under 39 yards = 3 pts

40-49 yards = 5 pts

50+ yards = 7 pts

Need couple of 40 + yard FG and Miami to score 14 or more against Saints D

Dont get me wrong...I thought about. But my score is close enough that one or 2 very minor stat changes could make the difference. 1 Dallas sack gets taken away and 1 or TINY yardage adjustments happen and all of a sudden I'm behind. Can't risk it.

If Kamara somehow leaves the game tonight with -2 points, I'll live with it. I'd never hear the end of it if i benched him and then lost on a stat correction.
Alright you convinced me, I'll put Kamara back in. Good luck to us both! 😁

Down 1.96 pts (of course had I played either team in the other semifinal I would have won easily already)

under 39 yards = 3 pts

40-49 yards = 5 pts

50+ yards = 7 pts

Well good its in a dome.  Good chance with the FG's in low scoring game -- Good luck!

I need 31 from Kamara, full PPR.

* thanks to Robinson missing most of yesterday and starting Gage over Kirk, Jeudy, or St Brown

Gesicki and Waddle to not combine for -11 points. Pretty happy this team has clawed back to the title after a 1-4 start.

My team started 1-4, and 3-6 - haven't lost since. Gratifying, though really didn't have any big moves or do much different, just kept running into buzz saws the first half. Stayed patient which is unusual for me. I finished with the 2nd most points and was the highest scoring team down the stretch, so figured I had a decent chance.

Playoffs are a LOT of luck, at least compared to regular season success.

under 39 yards = 3 pts

40-49 yards = 5 pts

50+ yards = 7 pts

This point system for kickers is way too high for a random position IMO.  

League rules should require a complete lineup. This is.....not cool IMO. And ultimately should be un necessary 

BearsFan4Life said:
It has been this way for 25+ years in our dynasty league.
I sure as hell wouldn't change scoring after 25 years. Especially if you keep league records like most points in a season etc..

I need Miami DL Ogbah and Sieler to score under 13 points combined. Odds say I have a 1% chance of this happening.

Users who are viewing this thread