What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whatcha Got on the Sunday Menu (1 Viewer)

BBQ ribs with baked mac n cheese. Picking up a massive fruit & crudité tray after church.

We're hosting a gaggle of Eagles fans, including a couple die hards coming up from Ardmore. The in-game text messages last year were insufferable.

My Rodriguez 44 doesn't come until next week so guess it's either the Stafford honolulu blue or Slay Jr silver/gray color rush. Wifie got a new Hutchinson 97.

Wearing my #85 Gates jersey
Drinking a buttload of Budweiser
Eating a ton of wings from the Big Y wing bar
Early games will be NE/MIA and PHI/DET
Late games will be NYG/TEN and KC/ARI

Will be a full day... starting w/ F1 from Italy at 7:00a >> fantasy pre-game >> early NFL games >> NASCAR from Kansas >> late NFL games >> TBB/DAL nightcap

Will be flipping eggs during the F1 grid walk, probably looking at a junk food afternoon, boneless pork ribs and sausages on the smoker/grill w/ mac n cheese for dinner, Ben & Jerry's while Mr. Brady takes the field.

Brewing a hazy NEIPA at 7:00a. I have 5 buddies coming over for the Steelers Bengals game. Everyone is bringing their own homemade chili and we are having an unofficial chili cookout

it's either the Stafford honolulu blue or Slay Jr silver/gray color rush
I’d rock the Slay. Stafford is bad juju this week.

:no:

2016 @ Ford Field

Lions went up 14-0 and 21-7 in the first half, which ends with an Eagles 50 yard FG. Opening drive of the second half is a 9-play, 75 yard TD., 21-17. Strip sack 3 plays later, Detroit holds, short FG, 21-20. MFer, I've seen this script before. Next 3 possessions are punts, then Philly gets an 11-play drive for the go ahead 49 yard FG. Lions respond with a 3 and out. I hate my life I hate my team why do I care anymore. Because big play Slay, that's why.

42:4132PHI 452321Ryan Mathews right end for no gain (tackle by Darius Slay). Ryan Mathews fumbles (forced by Darius Slay), recovered by Tyrunn Walker at PHI-45 (tackle by Nelson Agholor)1.220-2.590

Lions get one first down then Prater hits a chip shot with 1:32 remaining. Next play after the kickoff:

41:28110PHI 252324Carson Wentz pass incomplete deep right intended for Nelson Agholor is intercepted by Darius Slay at DET-23 and returned for 11 yards0.610-1.20

October, 2018 Allen Park practice facility - Team Meeting

Slay led the lead in interceptions in 2017, making the first of four (so far) Pro Bowls, first team All Pro. The Lions rookie head coach shows a montage of Slay getting beat in games and in practice, which concludes with an IG post of Slay with OBJ. Patricia tells Darius to stop sucking other teams wide receivers cocks. #truestory 17 months later Slay is traded to Philadelphia in exchange for picks that become starting RG Jonah Jackson (3rd round, 85th) and WR Quintez Cephus (5th, 166th) plus a DL (6th, 197th) who retired this summer.

2021 @ Ford Field

The Halloween disaster. 44-6, the Lions fall to 44-6 in front of the smallest crowd of the season (hell, maybe ever excluding 2020 - 47,192.) We were already getting our asses kicked when

31:20110DET 25370Jared Goff pass complete short right to D'Andre Swift for 8 yards. D'Andre Swift fumbles (forced by Avonte Maddox), recovered by Darius Slay at DET-33 and returned for 33 yards, touchdown

I love Slay, one of my favorite players, the rare instance where I kept rooting for an ex-Lion after they left town. Guy has a knack for taking over games and putting the team on his back. How many times have we seen the DK Metcalf chases down Budda Baker clip? That was 2020, Sunday Night game, wow that was amazing, like it had never been done before...

2019 - Slay chases down DJ Moore

Slay is on the 20 when Moore catches the ball at the 17 - fifty yards away on the opposite side of the field. NFL puts up the highlight "D.J. Moore's UNREAL 90 yard toe tapper"
AYFKM ??
My man Slay saves the game (literally) by running a 120 yards, halfway across the field (21.89 mph), and you think the reception (that resulted in zero points) is the story?

Slay vs Broncos 2021 - crazy play, defensive player of the week

I'll probably pass on wearing his jersey, I'll root for him the other 17 weeks. He does bring me joy to watch him, though. My first Lions hero was Lem Barney and Slay is right up there with **** Lebeau as the 2nd best Lions DB of my lifetime.

:no:

2016 @ Ford Field

Lions went up 14-0 and 21-7 in the first half, which ends with an Eagles 50 yard FG. Opening drive of the second half is a 9-play, 75 yard TD., 21-17. Strip sack 3 plays later, Detroit holds, short FG, 21-20. MFer, I've seen this script before. Next 3 possessions are punts, then Philly gets an 11-play drive for the go ahead 49 yard FG. Lions respond with a 3 and out. I hate my life I hate my team why do I care anymore. Because big play Slay, that's why.

42:4132PHI 452321Ryan Mathews right end for no gain (tackle by Darius Slay). Ryan Mathews fumbles (forced by Darius Slay), recovered by Tyrunn Walker at PHI-45 (tackle by Nelson Agholor)1.220-2.590

Lions get one first down then Prater hits a chip shot with 1:32 remaining. Next play after the kickoff:

41:28110PHI 252324Carson Wentz pass incomplete deep right intended for Nelson Agholor is intercepted by Darius Slay at DET-23 and returned for 11 yards0.610-1.20

October, 2018 Allen Park practice facility - Team Meeting

Slay led the lead in interceptions in 2017, making the first of four (so far) Pro Bowls, first team All Pro. The Lions rookie head coach shows a montage of Slay getting beat in games and in practice, which concludes with an IG post of Slay with OBJ. Patricia tells Darius to stop sucking other teams wide receivers cocks. #truestory 17 months later Slay is traded to Philadelphia in exchange for picks that become starting RG Jonah Jackson (3rd round, 85th) and WR Quintez Cephus (5th, 166th) plus a DL (6th, 197th) who retired this summer.

2021 @ Ford Field

The Halloween disaster. 44-6, the Lions fall to 44-6 in front of the smallest crowd of the season (hell, maybe ever excluding 2020 - 47,192.) We were already getting our asses kicked when

31:20110DET 25370Jared Goff pass complete short right to D'Andre Swift for 8 yards. D'Andre Swift fumbles (forced by Avonte Maddox), recovered by Darius Slay at DET-33 and returned for 33 yards, touchdown

I love Slay, one of my favorite players, the rare instance where I kept rooting for an ex-Lion after they left town. Guy has a knack for taking over games and putting the team on his back. How many times have we seen the DK Metcalf chases down Budda Baker clip? That was 2020, Sunday Night game, wow that was amazing, like it had never been done before...

2019 - Slay chases down DJ Moore

Slay is on the 20 when Moore catches the ball at the 17 - fifty yards away on the opposite side of the field. NFL puts up the highlight "D.J. Moore's UNREAL 90 yard toe tapper"
AYFKM ??
My man Slay saves the game (literally) by running a 120 yards, halfway across the field (21.89 mph), and you think the reception (that resulted in zero points) is the story?

Slay vs Broncos 2021 - crazy play, defensive player of the week

I'll probably pass on wearing his jersey, I'll root for him the other 17 weeks. He does bring me joy to watch him, though. My first Lions hero was Lem Barney and Slay is right up there with **** Lebeau as the 2nd best Lions DB of my lifetime.
Huh. I typically choose my outfits by smelling the first thing I grab off of the laundry pile.

Yeah but Slay plays for the Eagles now. He also had a pick 6 against us last year against Philly.

it's an easy call, I can wear 23 any other week

Besides the authentic Rodriguez coming this week (Jerseys were on sale 25% off at the Lions site), I ordered four knockoffs from DH Gate. 14, 32, 88, 97 - spent around the same as my NFL purchase, less than $100. The trick is to figure out (from Reddit and other reviews) which seller has passable quality. Did the same a few years ago when I wanted a particular jersey for an event but didn't want to pay $130 and it was actually well done.

Besides the authentic Rodriguez coming this week (Jerseys were on sale 25% off at the Lions site), I ordered four knockoffs from DH Gate. 14, 32, 88, 97 - spent around the same as my NFL purchase, less than $100. The trick is to figure out (from Reddit and other reviews) which seller has passable quality. Did the same a few years ago when I wanted a particular jersey for an event but didn't want to pay $130 and it was actually well done.
I just realized I was wearing an Eagles hat to breakfast. Whoops. Any other weekend it’s fine. Switched to my new Lions hat now.

I just realized I was wearing an Eagles hat to breakfast. Whoops. Any other weekend it’s fine. Switched to my new Lions hat now.

:mellow:

Some carne asada from the local market. Great marinade and only a couple minutes on both sides on the grill. Pop some shrimp on as well and it's taco heaven.

Go NINERS!

this thread is persuading me to make questionable dietary decisions tomorrow.
And beverage decisions as well.

Opened a nice bottle of tequila for the Thursday night game and still moving a little slow
My Palomas were spectacular. Costco has Cazadores reposado for $19.99 right now.
You motivated me to run to the store for some grapefruit juice :shades:

Also, can you send me the hot sauce link? My son is a fanatic and always like to surprise him with new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread