What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would mjd do on a good team? (1 Viewer)

dboysrock94

Footballguy
I love watching this little big guy run. I've owned him for 5 years and every year he ceases to amaze me with the stats he puts up when teams know all they have to do is stop him and they win. I guess what I'm wondering is would this guy be in top 2 or 3 rbs every year if he was on a decent offense

He doesn't need a good offense to do well. He does better in Jax bc he IS the offense and gets such a heavy workload.

But every defense that plays them knows this and puts 8 to 9 guys in the box to stop him and he still posts awesome stats

He doesn't need a good offense to do well. He does better in Jax bc he IS the offense and gets such a heavy workload.
He would do much better in a decent offense. TDs increase as do his long runs. His drop in touches would be greatly countered by his increase in per touch production.

Dont know if he would do much better than the 188 total yards, six receptions and TD that he accumulated tonight. Hes now leading the NFL in rushing.

Moreover, it looks like the interim HC wants to get MJD the ball more often - as the six receptions indicate. They were finding him on screens, shovel passes, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with this. I think he'd still be a stud, but not like he is in Jax where he really has no one else to share meaningful touches with.

mjd would do worse - this offense is built around him. He is hard to tackle in any offense because of his super low center of gravity.

He is already leading the league in rushing and gets goal line looks on a defense that gets the offense the ball a lot.

The receivers suffer in Jacksonville.

Did you happen to watch the Monday night game? If you swapped Mathews and MJD to the other team last night do you think MJD would have scored more or less fantasy points?

original question is like asking what would Rodgers do with a great running back

Users who are viewing this thread