What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Tried the new Shock Top this past weekend. End Of The World Midnight Wheat. Pretty good stuff.
Tried that at the Great American Beer Fest, pretty good stuff. They even took a wheat field here in Denver and made a show out of it to celebrate the beer. Here is the link to the video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4AR1Mmf4XQ

Went by Firestone brewery with friends after kids' soccer tourney, started off with Wookie Jack (this stuff is a close cousin to Arrogant ******* imo) then grabbed some DogFish 90 on the way home. :thumbup:

Went by Firestone brewery with friends after kids' soccer tourney, started off with Wookie Jack (this stuff is a close cousin to Arrogant ******* imo) then grabbed some DogFish 90 on the way home. :thumbup:
Wookie Jack >>>>>>>>>>>> Arrogant B.

so the owner of the restaurant next door pokes his head into the tasting room a minute ago:

Him: Just got a keg of Pliny the Elder in from RRBrewery - they made it two days ago. You want the first pint?

Me: Ummmmm...yes please?

Him: Cool. I'll be right back.

Happy Thanksgiving to me.

how you doin'
Picked up a few Straffe Hendrick, Leffe Bruno, Lukcy Basatrd, and 90 min Doghead on the way home. And a Wookie and Arrogant ******* to taste test again :banned: Straffe Hendrick is mindblowingly awesome

Surly Cynicale

Surly Hell

Brew works Hop'solutely

Brew works NEARfest Apocalypse In 9/8

Anyone have any special beers they are drinking today? I was thinking of drinking an Autumn Maple.

Friday, a friend's bar in Wisconsin is tapping beers from their cellar, the list is below.

Founders KBS

Founders CBS

Founders Breakfast

Goose Island Bourbon County

Leinies Big Eddy

Ommegang Darkness

Rogue Double Chocolate

Oskar Blues Ten Fidy

Bells Oracle

Founders Nemesis

Founders Backwood *******

Sierra Nevada Life and Limb 2

Great Lakes Blackout Stout

BevMo run yesterday:

Ballast Point Sculpin IPA

Stone Ruination IPA

Ballast Point Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter

bottle of Glenrothes

Surly CynicaleSurly HellBrew works Hop'solutelyBrew works NEARfest Apocalypse In 9/8 Anyone have any special beers they are drinking today? I was thinking of drinking an Autumn Maple.Friday, a friend's bar in Wisconsin is tapping beers from their cellar, the list is below. Founders KBS Founders CBSFounders BreakfastGoose Island Bourbon CountyLeinies Big Eddy Ommegang DarknessRogue Double ChocolateOskar Blues Ten FidyBells OracleFounders NemesisFounders Backwood BastardSierra Nevada Life and Limb 2Great Lakes Blackout Stout
Love me some Founders BreakfastLocal pub up the street just tapped a half barrel yesterday

'Ilov80s said:
'Sebowski said:
'Ilov80s said:
Founders Backwoods *******. I doubt anyone anywhere is drinking a better beer, I love this stuff.
That's a great beer, but let's not get crazy.
Lots if great beers there. I'd put Founders up against any brewery.
Founders is great. We actually get some of their stuff out here now (or it is left over kegs from their visit in June). Had their Porter on tap a couple days ago. Love everything they do except their IPAs. Those don't hold up against their West Coast counterparts, imo.

'tommyGunZ said:
'Sebowski said:
'Ilov80s said:
Founders Backwoods *******. I doubt anyone anywhere is drinking a better beer, I love this stuff.
Love the Get Wet IPA down at PPort. :thumbup:
I'm over there at least twice a week. Love that place.
'tommyGunZ said:
BevMo run yesterday:

Ballast Point Sculpin IPA

Stone Ruination IPA

Ballast Point Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter

bottle of Glenrothes
Purchases :thumbup: BevMo :thumbdown:

Olive Tree Market :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
'Ilov80s said:
'Sebowski said:
'Ilov80s said:
Lots if great beers there. I'd put Founders up against any brewery.
Founders is great. We actually get some of their stuff out here now (or it is left over kegs from their visit in June). Had their Porter on tap a couple days ago. Love everything they do except their IPAs. Those don't hold up against their West Coast counterparts, imo.
I actually like their Centennial IPA and Double Trouble 2IPA. I haven't had too many west coast IPAs, but I thought Founders held up against Green Flash and Racer 5. Their specialties are definitely the darker beers tho. I've done brewery tours through MI, I d love to blow through some Cali breweries.

'tommyGunZ said:
'Sebowski said:
'Ilov80s said:
Love the Get Wet IPA down at PPort. :thumbup:
I'm over there at least twice a week. Love that place.
Me too. :unsure: Pretty much a Tuesday night ritual after picking my daughter up from pre-school on Santa Cruz. I still owe you one from a couple years back - we'll connect one of these days.

'Jules Winnfield said:
'Fantasy_Freak said:
Surly CynicaleSurly HellBrew works Hop'solutelyBrew works NEARfest Apocalypse In 9/8 Anyone have any special beers they are drinking today? I was thinking of drinking an Autumn Maple.Friday, a friend's bar in Wisconsin is tapping beers from their cellar, the list is below. Founders KBS Founders CBSFounders BreakfastGoose Island Bourbon CountyLeinies Big Eddy Ommegang DarknessRogue Double ChocolateOskar Blues Ten FidyBells OracleFounders NemesisFounders Backwood BastardSierra Nevada Life and Limb 2Great Lakes Blackout Stout
Love me some Founders BreakfastLocal pub up the street just tapped a half barrel yesterday
Yes that stuff is fantastic, I am looking forward to the Canadian, I have had it several times before and love it. One of the stipulations is the person who gets the last glass of Canadian gets a free bottle. I also enjoy the Oracle and Life and Limb.

'Fantasy_Freak said:
Friday, a friend's bar in Wisconsin is tapping beers from their cellar, the list is below. Founders KBS Founders CBSFounders BreakfastGoose Island Bourbon CountyLeinies Big Eddy Ommegang DarknessRogue Double ChocolateOskar Blues Ten FidyBells OracleFounders NemesisFounders Backwood BastardSierra Nevada Life and Limb 2Great Lakes Blackout Stout
Nice list. Which bar?Lakefront in Milwaukee is releasing a "Black Friday Ale" (imperial black ipa) only available at the brewery tomorrow until its gone. On Sunday, New Holland is doing a tasting at the Sugar Maple.

'Fantasy_Freak said:
Friday, a friend's bar in Wisconsin is tapping beers from their cellar, the list is below. Founders KBS Founders CBSFounders BreakfastGoose Island Bourbon CountyLeinies Big Eddy Ommegang DarknessRogue Double ChocolateOskar Blues Ten FidyBells OracleFounders NemesisFounders Backwood BastardSierra Nevada Life and Limb 2Great Lakes Blackout Stout
Nice list. Which bar?Lakefront in Milwaukee is releasing a "Black Friday Ale" (imperial black ipa) only available at the brewery tomorrow until its gone. On Sunday, New Holland is doing a tasting at the Sugar Maple.
It is at Uncle Mike's Highway bar in Kenosha, starts at 9 a.m. this morning. I saw the Lakefront but for me that is a bit out of my way to get. Plus I am holding out hope I can somehow obtain a bottle of the Goose Island Cherry Bourbon COunty as well as a Coffee so I need to set some funds aside for those.

'Fantasy_Freak said:
It is at Uncle Mike's Highway bar in Kenosha, starts at 9 a.m. this morning. I saw the Lakefront but for me that is a bit out of my way to get. Plus I am holding out hope I can somehow obtain a bottle of the Goose Island Cherry Bourbon COunty as well as a Coffee so I need to set some funds aside for those.
Been there a few times. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread