What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the best luggage? (1 Viewer)

TwinTurbo

Footballguy
I'm in the market for new luggage. Brands like Tumi and Rimowa seem like high quality along with high price. But most everything below that high end range seems to be sea of low quality, ugly luggage. For example, Samsonite. Their stuff costs hundreds of dollars and it looks and feels like cheap junk. And there are lots of other brands in the $300 and up range that all look like they were made at the same cheap factory and these companies just slapped their logo on it.

Any recommendations on good quality luggage that is worth the price?

I have some Victorino stuff that is top notch and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Yeah Victorinox was one of the only brands that looked like decent quality and design. Thanks.
They sell some of it as unbreakable. Not sure if you have ever gone to the rental car buses at dtw, but there is a three story escalator that takes you from the terminal outside to the buses. First time I ever used my Victorino carry on I rolled it onto the escalator and it tumbled all the way to the bottom. Two scratches and nothing broke inside the luggage. Good stuff. I also have a big big specifically for overseas travel

I have some Victorino stuff that is top notch and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Yeah Victorinox was one of the only brands that looked like decent quality and design. Thanks.
They sell some of it as unbreakable. Not sure if you have ever gone to the rental car buses at dtw, but there is a three story escalator that takes you from the terminal outside to the buses. First time I ever used my Victorino carry on I rolled it onto the escalator and it tumbled all the way to the bottom.Two scratches and nothing broke inside the luggage. Good stuff. I also have a big big specifically for overseas travel
Yes I have been on that escalator at DTW many times. Ok Victorinox is on my list now.

Tumi has gone to #### since they went public IMO. A real shame because they used to produce great luggage.

While we're on the luggage subject... any weekend bag suggestions? Something with grown man style. I think it's time to move on from my Adidas sport bag.

I can understand high quality luggage for flying, you want something durable and for looking good at the airport/hotel. For any trip over land a large cooler is the best option. It keeps your #### safe en route, then once you arrive at your destination it doubles as a beer holder and seat. :shrug:

Travelpro here too. It is great stuff. Durable, spacious, and easy to move around. I have wheeled but not that spinner stuff. I think those spinner wheels are too likely to break off.

I'm in the market for new luggage. Brands like Tumi and Rimowa seem like high quality along with high price. But most everything below that high end range seems to be sea of low quality, ugly luggage. For example, Samsonite. Their stuff costs hundreds of dollars and it looks and feels like cheap junk. And there are lots of other brands in the $300 and up range that all look like they were made at the same cheap factory and these companies just slapped their logo on it.

FWIW, you can get a nice 4 wheel spinner from Samsonite at Marshalls/Ross/TJ Maxx for $90 or $100. You don't need to spend "hundreds".

FWIW, you can get a nice 4 wheel spinner from Samsonite at Marshalls/Ross/TJ Maxx for $90 or $100. You don't need to spend "hundreds".
Was in a Ross a couple weeks back. Saw this there for $70

Have a Samsonite Silhouette I got pretty cheap. Hard case with zipper around versus the old latches which magically opened on their own half the time. I would classify this case as solid for occasional travel and obviously not for those on the road a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luggage is one thing I won't go cheap on. Considering they only tend to break when you're actually using it. I don't want to be 10,000 miles away and have my wheels or handle fall off.

I got a family pack of Samsonite at one of those discount stores because it was cheap and seemed decent. Lasted a couple of years and then almost every bag imploded, ripped, shredded, met its maker. I had the Travelpro case for 10 years prior to that, and still have it.

My TravelPro carry on has been a warhorse - I wore down the wheels pretty good and it is easy to find a repair shop on this brand as well

I've had Delsey luggage for awhile and have really liked it. Holds up well and fairly lightweight (ultralite line). Not cheap, but far from the most expensive luggage you could buy.

My wife travels allot for work and uses Samsonite. No complaints.

And the one problem she had, she just brought into the store and they replaced the entire bag since they couldn't fix it.

Their customer servise is great :thumbup:

I highly recommend Samsonite's hard sided luggage, especially if you travel a lot or internationally.

I was able to buy this one locally for $80.

Personally, I would avoid the spinning wheeled one with wheels that stick out. My favorite luggage looks like the one on the left. It's the Samsonite F’Lite 31 but an older style. Only two wheels and they are concealed. These thing take a tremendous amount of abuse and it's very easy for wheels to snap off when they are tossed around.

Last edited by a moderator:

And the one problem she had, she just brought into the store and they replaced the entire bag since they couldn't fix it.

I do a fair amount of traveling and have the Samsonite Silhouette swivel (spinner). Have no problems with them over the past 2 - 3 years. After the spinners, don't think I'll ever go back to the standard rollers.

They make it so much easier to maneuver around when your in the airport or getting something quick to eat in tight spaces.

I do a fair amount of traveling and have the Samsonite Silhouette swivel (spinner). Have no problems with them over the past 2 - 3 years. After the spinners, don't think I'll ever go back to the standard rollers.

They make it so much easier to maneuver around when your in the airport or getting something quick to eat in tight spaces.
To spin or not to spin, that is the question.

To spin or not to spin, that is the question.
I like spinners.

Both kinds.

I was cleaning out my parents basement this weekend and they still had a few old suitcases. You know the ones. The big old honkers without wheels. Those things seemed more primitive than cassette tapes, wired remote controls and typewritten letters. How was the wheelie not invented earlier?

Users who are viewing this thread