What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What foods or resturuants make you scream GROSS!? (1 Viewer)

Steak and Shake should be called Diarrhea and Shake. I'll pass(but not as quickly as their burgers will.)

Sonic is good for their drinks but I wouldn't dare try their food.

And I'm sorry Dairy Queen, 90%+ of adult males do NOT go to sports bars for Honey Barbecue wings.
I probably wouldn't eat at a restaurant called Diarrhea and Shake. 

I probably wouldn't eat at a restaurant called Diarrhea and Shake. 
After reading this I immediately thought of the “so you’re saying there’s a chance” meme from Dumb and Dumber- then I pictured you as Jeff Daniels ####ting your brains out.

i have had fine meals at BWW.  we have one near us that is terrible.  after going there several times,  i have no idea why i think it might be ok next time..... kind of like starting ajai.  "he's gotta to better this week , right?"

Bull Dozier said:
While not a foodie, I haven't had issues with Red Robin.  Now, I haven't been for a couple of years, so it might have gone down hill.  My only complaint when I did go was that the bottomless fries was the traditional crap offer.  They weren't around frequent enough to get another order in while you were still working on your burger, so by the time the brought another serving, you were full and ready for the check.
Only two times I have been there was for a free lunch on Veteran's Day. No complaints.

They're probably as good as it gets for a chain place. Most local diners blow them away though.
Right. But that wasn't what he was disputing. We (both the OP I responded to and his post to me) was specifically about chain breakfast places. There are always going to be better local places, totally agree there. Though there are no diners here.

Harry Manback said:
How can you possibly criticize meat from Taco Bell when you called Arby's a "healthier" option????
Forget the healthy part.  I just like an Arbys with horsey sauce once in awhile.

I'm sadly an expert at this. 

The "you get what you expect" chains: 

McDonalds, Chic Fila, Arby's, Taco Bell, Popeyes

Overrated :

1) Burger King - I'm not sure it's overrated, as much as it just sucks.  They charge for everything.  More than 1 sauce packet, that's 25 cents.  Want to swap out the coffee for a small coke, they add about $1.75 to your cost.  Terrible service.  Worst fries of all time.  Every 6 months I have a need for a Croissanwich for breakfast, and every time I go I remember why I hate the place.  Moreso, it's just a way for the parent company to hold real estate.  They don't give a crap about anything that goes on in the store.

2) Wendy's - When Dave was alive, Wendy's was relevant. Now it is plain awful.  Costs have gone up about $2 per combo meal, while quality has gone down.  Service always sucked, but it was manageable.  No longer.  The whole experience is terrible.

3) KFC - Pure disgusting.  How do you mess up fried chicken when it's what you are supposed to be good at.  Simply too greasy for modern tastes, and the sides are awful

Underrated -

1)  Roy Rogers - Only still around Mid-Atlantic I think.  Still have the Double R Burger.  And your own fixins bar so you can load up on it
Sadly, I must agree with this.  30 years ago, I lived across the street from a Kentucky Fried Chicken (as it was known back then) and I used to go there once a week or so just for the mashed potatoes and gravy.  Now?  Blech...

Frozen pizza is horrible, and some chains have decent pizza.
The 8th page and the first reference to chain pizza.

The place I have always thought was disgusting for pizza is Pizza Hut.  Always disliked it growing up and, when I was around 36, dated a woman who always pushed to go there.  I finally broke down and we went - and it was STILL disgusting.  Will never go back.

Speaking of Wendy's quality.  A while back my daughter wanted to do the 4 for $4 deal with the double cheeseburger jr., fries, chicken nuggets and drink.  

The chicken nuggets were close to the consistency of jelly on the inside ...really, really gross.  After I took a bite, I wouldn't let her touch them.  

Haven't been back.

The place I have always thought was disgusting for pizza is Pizza Hut.  Always disliked it growing up and, when I was around 36, dated a woman who always pushed to go there.  I finally broke down and we went - and it was STILL disgusting.  Will never go back.
It's pretty bad.  My kids like it so we get it occasionally.   Better than Dominos though 

My sub of choice is steak & cheese.

I can not order this from an establishment that doesn't have a grill (see Subway).

I've never tried Blimpie's but the name doesn't give me the urge to eat there.

Here in Tom Brady land, we have a sub shop chain that I've yet to find better .... D'angelos Sandwich Shop. Maybe 150 restaurants around and south of Boston?

They haven't gone national (to the dismay of most Footballguys I'm sure), but if you are ever in the area, try the #9:

from Wikpedia:

Although making no claims to originality in the concept, D'Angelo's established itself as a purveyor of steak and cheese sandwiches endemic to the Northeastern United States. The "Number 9" (so named for its initial place on the menu) consists of finely chopped steak, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and melted American cheese. This is also available as a "Steak Bomb," a spicier variant with genoa salami, ham capicola and melted provolone cheese.

The bread is also amazing and I promise you will never look at Subway the same again.
The only problem with them is their subs are hugely overpriced.

Waffle House is probably the only restaurant I find gross (sorry, GROSS!!!), but even then, I'd still eat there if I was hungover and hungry. 

sounds like a priceless opportunity

open a chik fila and become an instant millionaire
Being a franchisee of chick fil a isn't like being a franchisee of other brands. Chick fil a franchisees are about as close to being an employee as one can get without being an employee. They do not own or receive any equity in the business. Which is why they call their "franchisees" operators. If they select you to be an operator, it's much cheaper than being a franchisee of other brands, as it only costs $10,000. Chick-fil-a covers all the costs of opening the new store (which can be around a million dollars). They can't sell, as they have nothing to sell, and they aren't allowed to become franchisees (or operators) of multiple locations. No absentee ownership is allowed. Basically a chick fil a franchisee pays the company $10,000 to hire them to run the store. They can make decent money as they share in the success of the restaurant. But becoming a millionaire via this method.... um, no. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a franchisee of chick fil a isn't like being a franchisee of other brands. Chick fil a franchisees are about as close to being an employee as one can get without being an employee. They do not own or receive any equity in the business. Which makes why they call their "franchisees" operators. If they select you to be an operator, it's much cheaper than being a franchisee of other brands, as it only costs $10,000. Chick-fil-a covers all the costs of opening the new store (which can be around a million dollars). They can't sell, as they have nothing to sell, and they aren't allowed to become franchisees (or operators) of multiple locations. No absentee ownership is allowed. Basically a chick fil a franchisee pays the company $10,000 to hire them to run the store. They can make decent money as they share in the success of the restaurant. But becoming a millionaire via this method.... um, no. 
This answers another question I had -- I was wondering how they enforced all stores being closed on Sundays. Obviously their indentured servants who run them have no choice. I'm starting to get creeped out. If their chicken biscuits weren't such a good hangover cure I'd consider a boycott.

This answers another question I had -- I was wondering how they enforced all stores being closed on Sundays. Obviously their indentured servants who run them have no choice. I'm starting to get creeped out. If their chicken biscuits weren't such a good hangover cure I'd consider a boycott.
It's very cult like. 

I know the commercials on TV always make the food appear to be better than it is, but the new burgers at Chili's look pretty good. I always thought they had decent burgers. I remember back in the 80's and early 90's I used to love the Chicken Fried Chicken entree at Chili's.

My sub of choice is steak & cheese.

I can not order this from an establishment that doesn't have a grill (see Subway).

I've never tried Blimpie's but the name doesn't give me the urge to eat there.

Here in Tom Brady land, we have a sub shop chain that I've yet to find better .... D'angelos Sandwich Shop. Maybe 150 restaurants around and south of Boston?

They haven't gone national (to the dismay of most Footballguys I'm sure), but if you are ever in the area, try the #9:

from Wikpedia:

Although making no claims to originality in the concept, D'Angelo's established itself as a purveyor of steak and cheese sandwiches endemic to the Northeastern United States. The "Number 9" (so named for its initial place on the menu) consists of finely chopped steak, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and melted American cheese. This is also available as a "Steak Bomb," a spicier variant with genoa salami, ham capicola and melted provolone cheese.

The bread is also amazing and I promise you will never look at Subway the same again.
If you are ever in Michigan there is a chain called Tubby's that make a good grilled steak & cheese. Mushrooms added costs extra, but completes the sub imo.

http://tubbys.com/locations/

While obviously there are places with better pizza than others, I have never had pizza I would describe as disgusting.  Mediocre?  Yes.  But. I've always subscribed to the mantra that pizza is like sex, even when it is bad it is still pretty good.

I know the commercials on TV always make the food appear to be better than it is, but the new burgers at Chili's look pretty good. I always thought they had decent burgers. I remember back in the 80's and early 90's I used to love the Chicken Fried Chicken entree at Chili's.
Sometimes the food even looks disgusting on TV though, which always makes me laugh. If those food stylists can't even make your crap look good with their special effects, might be time to go into another line of work.

What the hell is wrong with people?  Who in their right goddaamned mind camps outside on a sidewalk for a hamburger?  Are these the same lunatics that camp outside a store on Thanksgiving?  Camp out for Star Trek movies?  Dolts, the lot of them.

GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) — Long lines are anticipated as In-N-Out Burger prepares to open its second Oregon location, this one in Grants Pass.
The Daily Courier reports a Friday opening is likely for the wildly popular California fast-food chain.

In-N-Out opened its first Oregon location two years ago in Medford. There were news reports of people camping out on sidewalks and enduring long waits for burgers and fries.

An Oregon Department of Transportation traffic survey estimates the Grants Pass restaurant will generate more than 2,100 trips per day. The agency's biggest concern is traffic backing up onto nearby Interstate 5.

ODOT spokesman Gary Leaming tells the Daily Courier that In-N-Out is handling the traffic control plan.

In-N-Out vice president of operations Denny Warnick says the company has been through many openings and is ready.

Sometimes the food even looks disgusting on TV though, which always makes me laugh. If those food stylists can't even make your crap look good with their special effects, might be time to go into another line of work.
Pretty sure Applebee's uses cat vomit mixed with cheese on most of their smothered meat patty type of entrées 

While obviously there are places with better pizza than others, I have never had pizza I would describe as disgusting.  Mediocre?  Yes.  But. I've always subscribed to the mantra that pizza is like sex, even when it is bad it is still pretty good.
What about non-consensual pizza?

What about non-consensual pizza?
True non consensual pizza is like Jack's frozen pizza you can get for 4 for $5 at the grocery store.  It might still be pizza, but even I won't try that.

"Non consensual" pizza with a safe word is like that amazing local place that no one knows about, has the best pizza, but its so good you aren't even going to tell anyone so it doesn't lose its charm.

:lmao:  Grown men scared of a chicken sandwich restaurant. OOOOOOHHHH THE BOOGYMAN OF FAST FOOD'S COMING TO GET YOU!!!!
Seriously, GTFO :lol:  
Not sure where you ended up there. The conversation was about becoming a Chick Fil A franchisee to become a millionaire. The way their franchising is setup, that's not going to happen. It's a very cult like "unique" type of franchising system. 

Late to this thread but I go with the chalk. McDonald's. I can't even think of eating it now without getting stomach pains. Didn't used to be this way but the older I get, my body can't process it.

I believe the complaint was they donate money to homosexual hate groups. I don't think they ever refused to sell to a homosexual. 
Who's "they"? And what's the name of these supposed "homosexual hate groups"? I actually know all about the situation, but I'm trying to point out how much ignorance and willful misinformation there is on the internet; and on these boards in particular.

For example, posts like this... 

Ya, I think it is over the top to claim they ever refused to serve gay people.  They are just good old fashioned proud homophobes.
I'm embarrassed for them.

In fact Panera might be my least favorite restaurant to eat at.
I ate at Panera for the first time ever when I started my new job. It was the only thing around. I spent $25 on lunch and came away with a turkey sandwich that had apples on it and some kind of spinach. Then a cookie that tasted like ### and an iced tea that was the kind your grandma makes with no sugar. The Mac and cheese was decent though.

Never eating there again.

I must say the new chicken tenders at McDonald's aren't too bad. Not overly breaded and good white meat. I was drunk though when I tried them.

Who's "they"? I actually know all about the situation, but I'm trying to point out how much ignorance and willful misinformation there is on the internet; and on these boards in particular.

For example, posts like this... 

I'm embarrassed for them.
Chick Fil A donated money to homosexual hate groups. 

The only argument that they didn't is the belief that the organizations they donated to don't really hate gays. But that requires the "love the sinner, hate the sin" mindset. If you hate what they do, then you hate who they are, because what they do is who they are. 

Users who are viewing this thread