What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Desperation WR Plays Are You Considering This Week? (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
With a few top WRs already ruled out and others like Moore and Britt likely on the doubtful side plus four teams on byes it could be reach season at WR for many fantasy owners this week. Given that, who are the WR reaches you're pondering this week? I'm talking extreme reaches here so this rules out guys like Hixon, James Jones, Hartline etc.

My league starts 3 WRs and has a dual flex. I'm already dropping Emmanuel Sanders into my WR3 spot this week (Extreme Reach No. 1) and am considering one from the following to replace Lance Moore:

1. Robert Meachem (homecoming of sorts against the Saints although he's barely involved in the San Diego passing game).

2. Eddie Royal (scored last week and got some targets and this should be a shootout)

3. Brandon LaFell (has done nothing the last two weeks but I really do like the guy and I think at some point he'll have another big game or at least a respectable one).

4. Josh Gordon (due to injuries he might start this week and the Browns are chucking it all over the place lately).

5. Jon Baldwin (hasn't been awful the last three games but is a little banged up though he did practice today).

Yeah, it's pretty bleak so I'm just hoping to survive this week and hopefully my studs can carry me. Anybody else forced to dig real deep at WR and if so who are you looking at?

Last edited by a moderator:
Desparation play? Depending on how deep the league I think you should look at Joe Morgan. Haven't really heard much from any of the talking heads but the fact that Moore still hasn't practiced yet might make him the best target of the bunch to get.

I'm guessing that J. Simpson wouldn't be on most waiver wires or free agent list whereas Morgan is more than likely to be out there.

I hear you. Same boat; looking through the dreggs. I like the Royal pick. Rivers likes the checkdowns in shootouts and they could be developing a bit of chemistry. Another developing situation is Lance Moore being out- his fill-in (J Morgan?) could be good in what figures to be a shootout. Lafell is another decent snoozer pick; a viable #2 that we now know what he is.

There are 3 young guns that intrigue me- Rueben Randle (Nicks and Barden out), Josh Morgan and Michael Floyd are all young studs with pedigree and developing opportunities.

Looking for a compelling reason to jump on one of these guys. Floyd plays tonight so it's likely not going to be him.

I know A.J. Green is the number 1 for the Bengals and Hawkins is the slot, but who is the number 2? I would take a chance on him since Miami has defended the run well.

I have these people on BYEs: DMC, Doug Martin, Megatron, Pettigrew, Denarius Moore. Yeah it sucks.

WR: James Jones

FLEX: Jackie Battle

not really 'desperation' per se but my comfort level is not very high with these two.

I think Kerley could be a decent play even against Houston. Problem is I'm starting Wayne, B Lloyd, M Floyd and J Jones (Atl). Which one to bench? Not a WDIS, btw, as I can't pull the trigger... I know darn well if I bench Jones he'll go off. If I play him he'll lay another egg.

I know A.J. Green is the number 1 for the Bengals and Hawkins is the slot, but who is the number 2? I would take a chance on him since Miami has defended the run well.
Binns. Scored in Week 3. Did nothing last week although he did get some RZ looks. I'm looking at him too. This is pretty bad. :lmao:

Welcome to the starting line-up Sidney Rice. I actually thought he'd provide good depth at the WR position. Oh well, it won't be the last time I swing and miss.

I have these people on BYEs: DMC, Doug Martin, Megatron, Pettigrew, Denarius Moore. Yeah it sucks.WR: James JonesFLEX: Jackie Battlenot really 'desperation' per se but my comfort level is not very high with these two.
I have DMC Martin Megatron and Pettigrew also (Hernandez also) so its slim pickings for me.

A few desperation plays:Cobb, Brandon Gibson, Kerley, Hilton and Bess.
I don't think Cobb qualifies but all of them are gone in my league except Gibson and I'm going nowhere near the Rams' offense tonight with the exception of Amendola and Zeurlein.

GibsonAveryHartline (looked desperate last Sat)A. RobertsSimpsonLot of leagues, lot of desperation
Avery isn't so much desperation as he is a WR3 who might put up WR2 numbers in any given week. With Collie out, I think Avery will be a reliable 8 point WR minimum, with 12's and 15's not unexpected. Roberts doesn't fall under the desperation line either. I don't know what to make of Hartline, other that intristically judging without statistical backup, WR's like Hartline usually follo0w up a career game with a stinker.

Brandon Stokely is going from waiver wire to my starting lineup this week. I'm starting my league's 79th ranked WR with confidence. :bag:

Hankerson, although I also have Garçon, so depending on the news regarding his foot, I may go Garçon.

I either got sharked or screwed but I'm trading Fitz for Colston (not straight up) but the trade doesn't go through till Friday. Yahoo says the trade will be reflected on Week 5 line ups (although he still has Fitz in his lineup) so either he is double dipping or about to get screwed.

Regardless, between the trade, Moore and Jennings injury, and Miles bye, I'm looking at Cobb or Reuben Randle. Perhaps I'll wait for Moore's injury and then go with Kevin Walter on MNF or Devery Henderson on SNF.

RUEBEN RANDLE .. he gets a shot this week and does well with it - value rest of year dependent on WR health , but for this week he's easy FREE value

Well, blew up my team... so here's what i got to work with.

D Moore W1, then nothing...

Binns? J Gordon? E Sanders? A Jeffery? M Manningham? Pick 2 and hope for the best I suppose.

Leaning towards Gordon/Binns this week, but very uncertain.

Could easily end up with Jeffery/Manningham.

Sander is intriguing too... :unsure:

Well, blew up my team... so here's what i got to work with.D Moore W1, then nothing...Binns? J Gordon? E Sanders? A Jeffery? M Manningham? Pick 2 and hope for the best I suppose.Leaning towards Gordon/Binns this week, but very uncertain.Could easily end up with Jeffery/Manningham.Sander is intriguing too... :unsure:
If you aren't sure which guy in your league is just donating.....well....

Well, blew up my team... so here's what i got to work with.D Moore W1, then nothing...Binns? J Gordon? E Sanders? A Jeffery? M Manningham? Pick 2 and hope for the best I suppose.Leaning towards Gordon/Binns this week, but very uncertain.Could easily end up with Jeffery/Manningham.Sander is intriguing too... :unsure:
Aww, you don't like my wrs? :mellow:

Just to bump my previous point, and my first on this forum, pick up Rueben Randle - he's barely owned anywhere and will have a good week. May not have value ROY but its worth a shot if you have a bench spot. Hixon has the better rapport with Manning but Randle is the better player.

Just to bump my previous point, and my first on this forum, pick up Rueben Randle - he's barely owned anywhere and will have a good week. May not have value ROY but its worth a shot if you have a bench spot. Hixon has the better rapport with Manning but Randle is the better player.
This is a dynasty league, everyone is owned. (12 team, superflex, idp, 53 man rosters) But maybe I'll go trade for him. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread