What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are your FF pet peeves? (1 Viewer)

Defensive scoring for TDs. Lots of games are won and lost based on the unpredictable event of an INT/FL going the other way for a TD.

WR/TE Colston allowed to start as a TE in a casual Yahoo league I'm in.

Drafts instead of auctions.

Bad league rules.

Any waiver system that requires you to be sitting at home to get a player right when an injury occurs.

Wow, I feel like the angry old man from SNL because I have a lot of FF pet peeves.(On a side note, does anyone even remember the angry old man played by Dana Carvey?)
Carvey was doing a Jimmy Stewart impression. "In my day, we didn't have fancy vi-dee-oh games, we played games like... chew the bark off a tree!"My biggest pet peeves...1.) Dumb luck winning over skill.2.) The internet leveling the playing field.3.) Owners who overvalue their players.Bring on the :ptts:

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy in the league who gets all giddy and jumps at every chance to correct someone's spelling or grammatical error like it's the wittiest rip he's ever come up with - and then finishes his comment with something like "your a dumb***". What a winner.
You spelled "your" wrong. It's "you're a dumb###".Oops sorry, am I being that guy? :banned:

The guy in the league who gets all giddy and jumps at every chance to correct someone's spelling or grammatical error like it's the wittiest rip he's ever come up with - and then finishes his comment with something like "your a dumb***". What a winner.
You spelled "your" wrong. It's "you're a dumb###".Oops sorry, am I being that guy? :banned:
:mellow: ... that was actually part of my peeve. He corrects everyone and doesn't spellcheck his own stuff.

for me it is someone who starts a player(s) on a bye :wall:
Whatever dude. I still won.
someone did this to me last week. He left Buress on his bench and started A. Johnson(on bye). I won bye 11 PTs and Buress scorced 12 PTs :lmao: .It is a pet peeve of mine as a commish
Ouch! Maybe it's your year.I'm in a league with a low number of roster spots, so I chose to start Jeremy Shockey when he was on bye instead of dropping one of my other players.

Wow, I feel like the angry old man from SNL because I have a lot of FF pet peeves.

-Owners who are always accusing others of collusion, when they really don't even know what it means.

-When other owners never get back to you on a trade offer.

but my #1 pet peeve is small roster sizes. I used to be in a league that had a roster limit of 12 (start 7, only 5 on the bench). The argument from the other owners was always "small rosters are good because that means there are always plenty of good players available on waivers all the time." This used to drive me crazy! There would always be guys I wanted to pick up, but I usually didn't because I already had 12 better players.

(On a side note, does anyone even remember the angry old man played by Dana Carvey?)
There is an owner that has grumbled over the last few years that there are never any RBs on the waiver wire whenever injuries occur to his team. He has talked about proposing a rule change to reduce the roster sizes, and apparently has 1 other owner on board.Now he knows why I draft 5-6 RBs each year and am consistently in the playoffs. I told him if he brings up this proposal, I will propose a rule to expand the roster sizes with my arguement that it will make draft night more enjoyable as everyone tries to find that "diamond in the rough" while I know that I will grab more RBs in earlier rounds and load up on WRs in the middle rounds.

Trying to get owners to vote on rule changes in the off-season and getting 4 responses. Every has a opinion during the season but when your trying to organize things in the off-season people put it on the backburner and forget about it, or act like they're to busy to put in a vote. Frustrating.

having 6 injured players ruin my depth and forcing me to drop decent players to pick up a marginal starter.....week after week

Hemming and hawing for days about which RB to pick up off the waiver wire only to have the one you pick fumble twice in the first 5 minutes of the game thus getting benched for some no-name or I guess it would be Noah in this case.

I have to agree with this Member # thing. I mean do you really think your Member # represents your FF knowledge?

I guess FBGs created FF if that was the case?!

Get over yourself! And, the funny thing is that I really respect most of what the original poster of this crap posts. But this type of post is just garbage!

Sunday Night and Monday Night Game Time Decision Players (been trying to get my league to put some sort of substitution player rule in place if a player does not take the field, since it is too late to play anyone from your bench)

Head to Head play when your team could have beaten 3/4 of the teams in the league and yet you still lose (record does not reflect production)

Playing against players that finally have that breakout game....(S Moss, L Jordan wk 4)

And I totally agree that Colston should not be allowed to be a TE in yahoo leagues.

When I study like a madman for the ENTIRE off season perusing the internet hoping to get some kind of edge over everyone else and then watching my buddy's wife, who just started looking at the FF magazines a week before the draft, proceed to move past me in the standings. Not only that, but she refuses to trade with anyone for any player no matter what. Anyone on her team might as well be dead to the rest of the league! That's just wrong. :cry:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. She's also made draft picks based on how nice a player's butt is or if he's got nice eyes. Go figure.

When some jackass in your league plays in a J.V. division and goes 5-0, and then brags about how great his team is, when your team has outscored him 480.7 to 436.85 and yet you're 3-2.

With one of the losses being against said ########.

I have to agree with this Member # thing. I mean do you really think your Member # represents your FF knowledge?I guess FBGs created FF if that was the case?!Get over yourself! And, the funny thing is that I really respect most of what the original poster of this crap posts. But this type of post is just garbage!
:lmao: this never gets old :lmao:

Having a player score big time for you ... and playing against him in another league! :banned:

I have LT with three TDs right now, and going against him as well!

Oh and when your Fantasy QB (1/25 3 pt TD) keeps throwing to his WR (1/10 6 pt TDs) :wall:

my incredible ability to SUCK

---I have Leinart and Rothlisberger...had Roth set to start, as per the line up dominator...made a last minute switch when I figured Leinart would be playing from behind tomorrow night and maybe put up some stats. I suck. Look at Roth today.

---I sat Mark Clayton today for BAL. Figured they'd be in tough, and he's not done a LOT this year. Put Mike FUrrey in instead. Clayton breaks 100 yds, gets a wonky TD. Furrey shined Roy Williams shoes. I SUCK.

This is an example of stupid stuff I do EVERY week, and it drives me to drink. http://theteenranch.proboards46.com/

When I study like a madman for the ENTIRE off season perusing the internet hoping to get some kind of edge over everyone else and then watching my buddy's wife, who just started looking at the FF magazines a week before the draft, proceed to move past me in the standings. Not only that, but she refuses to trade with anyone for any player no matter what. Anyone on her team might as well be dead to the rest of the league! That's just wrong. :cry:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. She's also made draft picks based on how nice a player's butt is or if he's got nice eyes. Go figure.
. :shock:

Maybe we should look into getting Doug Drinen to do some statistical analysis

my post: Looking to trade Drive for similar WR to cover by this week

Offers:

Hank Bassett

Bryant Johnson

Earnest Wilford

Nate Washington...

Finless said:
The guy with 7 QB's on his bench
This is only the tip of the ice burg with "that guy" in our league this year. He had Palmer,Frye,Leinert, Ben and THEN traded T.O. for Vince Young. Now, this guy only has LT and Ladell Betts as RB and Keyshawn is is #1 WR......He is 0-5 and top o' the WW and this week Leon Washington AND Bryant Johnson were available....dude signs BRUCE GRADKOWSKI... :thumbdown: :wall: Yes, this owner is my Pet Peeve this year....
Do you have roster limits in place? We can't have more than 3 QBs and 6 RB and 6 WR

when team B's defense scores a TD (e.g. INT return) and it counts against team A's defensive scoring for points against. i ####in hate that.

when someone doesn't acknowledge your trade request.deny or accept, that's all i want! :cry:
:goodposting: A little courtesy to at least reply.ETA: What truly drives me nuts is those leagues where trades can be overturned by a vote ofo 5-6. Especially so, when you see more trades get overturned then they let go through. I used to like to join a free league or two a year. Now, because of the trade veto, I wont even go near them. So my Pet Peeve is when you have to explain to owners that what and why the Veto is there to acomplish.

I can't stand the hit and run trade guys. The guys that offer the Cotchery, Welker, and Leon Washington for Tomlinson type trades to every owner in the league, hoping to land a miracle trade with the village idiot.

Hearing somebody's sob story about how their team sucks in their $10 entry fee team when yours is sucking even worse in a $2K ante league. :banned:

oukurt said:
I can't stand the hit and run trade guys. The guys that offer the Cotchery, Welker, and Leon Washington for Tomlinson type trades to every owner in the league, hoping to land a miracle trade with the village idiot.
:thumbdown: :no: Offered By10/16/06 01:18 pm ET GoodFellas ·Berrian, Bernard WR CHI ·Longwell, Ryan K MIN Bears ·Parker, Willie RB PIT Offer: Let me know what you think?

Football fans pulling for their fantasy players against their own team. Total Crap. :thumbdown:

Take the points but for me, I don't pull for them.

I'm a football fan 1st and a fantasy player 2nd.....should be in that order.

oukurt said:
:thumbdown: :no: Offered By10/16/06 01:18 pm ET GoodFellas ·Berrian, Bernard WR CHI ·Longwell, Ryan K MIN Bears ·Parker, Willie RB PIT Offer: Let me know what you think?
Find the best player on his roster and send him a trade offer with your worst junk players.

Being in a league where the commissioner has no clue how to run a league. He changed the scoring rules after the draft once and two separate seasons he tried to change the league from a re-draft to a keeper league in the middle of the season (and yes, using the current rosters). :loco: These were just two things. There were about 20 other idiotic things this guy did.

Needless to say I'm no longer in this league.

Football fans pulling for their fantasy players against their own team. Total Crap. :thumbdown: Take the points but for me, I don't pull for them.I'm a football fan 1st and a fantasy player 2nd.....should be in that order.
Um, my favorite team IS my fantasy team.

Owners that show up at the draft with a 2 month old magazine, and wonder why their team sucks each year.

What pisses me off is when it works for them and someone else ends up with LT, Sean Alexander, Tory Holt and Manning. Two years ago I signed up in a league blind. They were a few casual friends and I ended up with the 12th pick. So with 1.12 I picked up LT and 2.1 I picked up Sean Alexander. There is nothing worse then a league that is not competitive. Also, I really don't like when someone puts the lineups of their six teams in their signature.

Users who are viewing this thread