What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What a disgrace.. (1 Viewer)

Alex, Why wouldn't you be open to change if it made for a better environment for all the owner/players? POINTS is a far better solution to determine winners than is the Head to Head scheduling with all of its problems, especially with dead-beat owners. Then, raise the Toilet Bowl prizes to KEEP the losers INVOLVED!

Keep your 7,000 plus customers ALIVE and ENGAGED!

Geez!

I guess my topic doesn't count as Alex has closed all discussion. Thanks for counting everyone Alex.

Got better things to do next year.

Alex, Why wouldn't you be open to change if it made for a better environment for all the owner/players? POINTS is a far better solution to determine winners than is the Head to Head scheduling with all of its problems, especially with dead-beat owners. Then, raise the Toilet Bowl prizes to KEEP the losers INVOLVED!

Geez!

I guess my topic doesn't count as Alex has closed all discussion. Thanks for counting everyone Alex.

I addressed this earlier and stated that changing the game format from h2h to total points is not on the table. We are very happy with the current format and so are the vast majority of our participants.

What about my 1 idea where u just contact the FPC to send a 'courtesy' email to the owner? No controls/software need to be in place. I'm not sure how that process would be a difficult one. Owners have no recourse and must sit and watch this misery go down, it would be nice to have some kind of communication with the owner in question. Even if it is through the FFPC doing the communicating. If its just 1.1% of owners abandoning teams, then this process shouldn't be that big of an undertaking.

Since they've already incorporated programming that puts an alert on your "My Teams" page to let you know that you have an open slot or a bye week player in the starting line up. I wonder what it would take to use some auto-mailer that runs at some predetermined schedule. I'll bet some owners would welcome that feature, especially if they own a bunch of teams as they could have missed one when going through their line ups, or as one who is getting older, suffer from CRS.

I was thinking the same thing. Since, it's apparently on 1.1% of teams that are abandoned, it wouldn't be that difficult to have those lineups, even manually, entered. Say 700-800 deadbeat teams - maybe 300 (guess) would impact their league week 11? An email request from Team X about Team Y from League #123 asking the 'commish' to set Team Y's deadbeat lineup for that week because Team X is competing with Team Z for the final spot. All the 'commish' would have to do is autofill the hole in the lineup with the best lineup based on YTD points.

Doesn't sound like too much work to me in the interest of customer satisfaction.

I know I got burned by Team Y 2 years ago, and it looks like I may again this week as he's got Steve Smith on bye and in his lineup.

If the team deadbeats week 1, that's a bit more fair, but when I have to face Team Y week 3 at full strength, it stings a bit more.

the site might as well go to all play for the fantasy football guys players championship.

really not much point to head to head, if after the first person it goes to points anyway.

7-4 and miss the playoffs to a team that is 4-7 and a team that is 5-6 that the 7-4 team both beat

another thing I'd like to see is after the blind binding is a period where it is first come first serve for waivers.

it sucks if on the waivers run on friday you dont get the kicker or defense bid on then your stuck taking a zero there

Last edited by a moderator:
the site might as well go to all play for the fantasy football guys players championship.

really not much point to head to head, if after the first person it goes to points anyway.

7-4 and miss the playoffs to a team that is 4-7 and a team that is 5-6 that the 7-4 team both beat

another thing I'd like to see is after the blind binding is a period where it is first come first serve for waivers.

it sucks if on the waivers run on friday you dont get the kicker or defense bid on then your stuck taking a zero there
NO on fcfs waivers - it just subverts the FAAB process. You have two periods a week and that should be plenty

NO on fcfs waivers - it just subverts the FAAB process. You have two periods a week and that should be plenty
I am probably not as entrenched in this, but generally agree with the Captain.

The specific issue mentioned is not getting a D/K you bid on, which is easily solved by going deeper on contingent bids. In all of my leagues this year I was streaming K/D and never had an issue not getting a player. But if you only but in bids for K/D 3-5 deep, then good chance you could miss out.

^just because you find one that does it the way you want doesn't make it right.
So you prefer the 2 highest scoring teams being able to play each other week 1 of playoffs over that system? I doubt that. And I doubt many would actually. And sorry captain for expressing my opinion. I'll leave it at that.
I don't worry about it. If you have the best team you will be in and you should win your matchup. It's all luck anyways. Please stop posting and play the other tournament.

^just because you find one that does it the way you want doesn't make it right.
So you prefer the 2 highest scoring teams being able to play each other week 1 of playoffs over that system? I doubt that. And I doubt many would actually. And sorry captain for expressing my opinion. I'll leave it at that.
I don't worry about it. If you have the best team you will be in and you should win your matchup. It's all luck anyways. Please stop posting and play the other tournament.
I stopped posting in this thread 5 days ago. U should scroll up i dont know, maybe once a week? What's the weather like last Sunday?

It helps ya sometimes, it hurts ya sometimes. I think it's inevitable even in the high stakes leagues ( I know, I see it there also)

Geez!

7-4 this year and missed the playoffs to someone who is 4-7, the regular season head to head aspect was pretty much pointless from that point of view. I also beat the guy head to head. (I am sure im not the only one but things like that push people towards dfs)

Geez!

7-4 this year and missed the playoffs to someone who is 4-7, the regular season head to head aspect was pretty much pointless from that point of view. I also beat the guy head to head. (I am sure im not the only one but things like that push people towards dfs)
So you got lucky to get those wins and that guy put up lots of points but got unlucky in h2h

Geez!

So you got lucky to get those wins and that guy put up lots of points but got unlucky in h2h
If the fantasy football hobby turns from "skill",as it is defined now,to "luck",it will change the landscape dramatically. You don't want The I.R.S. and The Feds and The States to look on this hobby as "luck" or a "game of chance". If that happens the rules change and the hobby becomes no more than a lottery,one big scratch off ticket.

Understood. You are operating a business and while this business is growing you would be silly to change it.

Would you consider adding an additional contest? Call it FPC Points. Obviously it would have to start off small. Cap it at 50 leagues or something and have the prizes based on that amount of entries.

And then just see what happens. Maybe it grows bigger than this one. Maybe it dies out after 1 year.
I don't see us starting another contest which could cannibalize customers from the FPC.
Alex, Why wouldn't you be open to change if it made for a better environment for all the owner/players? POINTS is a far better solution to determine winners than is the Head to Head scheduling with all of its problems, especially with dead-beat owners. Then, raise the Toilet Bowl prizes to KEEP the losers INVOLVED!Keep your 7,000 plus customers ALIVE and ENGAGED!

Geez!
I didn't read the whole thread and apologize if this was mentioned. Instead of only points how about every team plays every team each week. So the team with most points goes 11-0, second highest 10-1... Lowest points 0-11. We have done this for years in my home league and consistently the top 4 teams end up with the best records.

Geez!

I have 4 teams this year and all ended up 5-6. One team had over 1600 points, 700 out of 7000+ teams, and the most points in my league, scored over 160 points six times. Thankfully the contest isn't just the luck of the schedule. That team was the 2 seed and another of my bad luck teams got in as the 4 seed. I personally hate H2H but all the contests use that method. As I mentioned in my other post I think playing every team every week is the best approach. High score goes 11-0, then 10-1, 9-2... Lowest score 0-11.

Geez!

Sorry, I guess I don't understand how having a good H2H record but not scoring enough points to get into the league playoffs is going to push people to playing DFS where winning is all about scoring points.

Anyway, since we're on the subject. Those who want to play DFS will play DFS. It will have nothing to do with what format our contest or any other contest uses.

People will go to DFS, or people will just leave, mostly because of your unwillingness to even think about, much less change your format which has flaws.

You should want the best to get into the Championship rounds, and that is currently not so.

People will go to DFS, or people will just leave, mostly because of your unwillingness to even think about, much less change your format which has flaws.

You should want the best to get into the Championship rounds, and that is currently not so.
In your opinion ....otoh those teams who made it would say the were the best teams according to the rules.

and they would be CORRECT

As long as we're getting some thoughts here on the rules,I'd like to just throw this out for discussion/opinion. I have a team that made a league playoff in the #3 seed,lost in week 12 so I'm not in the league championship game but will go into the "consolation" tournament starting in week 14. The average points scored for weeks 1-11 are used as a base,which makes week 13 irrelevant for this team. Could a change be made so that the points scored in weeks 12 and 13 are also used with the regular season points to determine an average points scored? This would make week 13 relevant. As it stands now I could put in an absurd lineup and it means nothing going forward since winning the "third place game" is meaningless. Thoughts?

I propose adding a depth chart concept to supplement the lineup submission process. I am not a computer programmer, so I don't know how to implement it, but theoretically the fantasy owner would fill out his depth chart as a backup to his lineup and the software would then replace any invalid lineup submissions in order of how the depth chart is filled out. This would take care of any bye week replacements that were missed and would help out significantly with dead beat owners. I know it doesn't help if an owner doesn't get a replacement in the FAAB process, but I think it would be a nice improvement.

I would also love it if the software could use the depth chart to replace players you started in your fantasy lineup who get hurt in the 1st quarter of the game and you could get the replacement players stats for quarters 2-4. I know this aspect is far fetched, but it burns me up when my RB goes out with an injury in the first quarter and I end up with a 1.6 when a guy I have on the bench gives me 15 points or more.

I propose adding a depth chart concept to supplement the lineup submission process. I am not a computer programmer, so I don't know how to implement it, but theoretically the fantasy owner would fill out his depth chart as a backup to his lineup and the software would then replace any invalid lineup submissions in order of how the depth chart is filled out. This would take care of any bye week replacements that were missed and would help out significantly with dead beat owners. I know it doesn't help if an owner doesn't get a replacement in the FAAB process, but I think it would be a nice improvement.

I would also love it if the software could use the depth chart to replace players you started in your fantasy lineup who get hurt in the 1st quarter of the game and you could get the replacement players stats for quarters 2-4. I know this aspect is far fetched, but it burns me up when my RB goes out with an injury in the first quarter and I end up with a 1.6 when a guy I have on the bench gives me 15 points or more.
YOU can solve both problems - play in best ball leagues (often called Draft Master or Draft Challenge leagues) where you don't submit a lineup and your players scores are automatically optimied

YOU can solve both problems - play in best ball leagues (often called Draft Master or Draft Challenge leagues) where you don't submit a lineup and your players scores are automatically optimied

I do play in Draft Champion formats, but my proposal was not to remove the lineup submission process, it was to supplement it and eliminate some of the problems it creates with owners who aren't diligent about managing their teams like myself and others.

Users who are viewing this thread