What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WFT WR - Adam Humphries (3 Viewers)

Titans released WR Adam Humphries. 

The move clears $4.75 million in cap space, and comes just two seasons into Humphries' "four-year, $36 million" contract. It was inevitable after a lost 2020 where the coronavirus and a concussion limited Humphries to just 23 receptions in seven games. Humphries wasn't any more effective in 2019, where he posted a 47/374/2 line in 12 contests. Four months shy of his 28th birthday, the slot man would do well to get a two-year deal on the open market. He cleared 600 yards every year from 2016-18 in Tampa. 

RELATED: 

Tennessee Titans

Feb 25, 2021, 4:11 PM ET

time to rename the thread @Max Power

Washington Football Team signed WR Adam Humphries, formerly of the Titans, to a one-year contract. 

The Football Team has its slot man, further fleshing out a previously-undermanned receiver corps that has also added Curtis Samuel behind alpha No. 1 Terry McLaurin. Between a concussion and the coronavirus, Humphries made only seven 2020 appearances. 28 in June, Humphries is still only three years removed from an 800-yard campaign in Tampa Bay, but both his Titans seasons were disappointments. Of course, much of Humphries' 2018 success came with new Football Team trigger man Ryan Fitzpatrick. You can file Humphries' name away at the end of spring PPR drafts.

Last edited by a moderator:
NBC Sports Washington's J.P. Finlay believes Washington WR Adam Humphries could see "around 60" targets this year.

"Expect Terry McLaurin and Curtis Samuel to have more than 100 targets each, and don’t sleep on Adam Humphries getting around 60 looks too," Finlay writes. He also predicts that J.D. McKissic's 110 targets from last year "will fall, probably by about 20 percent and perhaps more" given the change in approach from Alex Smith to Ryan Fitzpatrick. If anything, it's clear that Humphries, 28, has a leg up on the competition as Washington's No. 3 receiver to open the season.

RELATED: 

J.D. McKissic

, Curtis Samuel

SOURCE: JP Finlay on Twitter

Jul 8, 2021, 9:20 AM ET

Giving a local's perspective - I've listened to DMV Sports Talk Radio for, literally, 4 decades+. JP Finlay is one of the most reliable of the WFTskins beat reporters in recent history. He has a mid-afternoon show on 106.7 the Fan, which unfortunately, IMHO, he shares top billing with Brian Mitchell, who, while I have the utmost respect for as an NFL Player and WFTskins alum, is borderline un-listenable...

...in any case, this shouldn't come as much of a surprise, as Humphries is far-and-away the most talented slot WR on the Team, his competition is negligible, and he was brought in specifically to upgrade that position. Dyami Brown plays on the outside, and was drafted to play outside across from McLaurin. He's looking like everything they hoped he would be, thus far. Samuel will play all over the formation. Logan Thomas will get his....

...as I've said in other Threads, and I'm dying on this hill until Training Camp/Pre Season proves me wrong, but Owners investing heavily in McLaurin and Gibson might be wise to insure those investments with contingency plans, most notably if either an in-house RB or one brought in post-cuts, supplants Peyton Barber as the RB3, and brings more to the table in that role. He will get snaps and touches. In the passing game, there's only one football and both the #'s and the talent have significantly increased post-2020. Gibson/McKissic/Thomas/McLaurin, Samuel, Humphries, Brown and a handful of bit/role-players are all going to get enough action that it's going to slightly lower the projected ceilings of Gibson/McLaurin. Those guys are being drafted right now as RB12 and WR11. I know this Team as well as anyone, and I just don't see it (yet), with the info being disseminated thus far. If the 2021 WFTskins offense is functioning correctly, as it looked in OTA's, it's going to be a 'whole is greater than the sum of it's parts' situation. A Team effort that spreads the ball around more than many in the FF community would think, or like.  IMHO (IMHO, IMHO) a proper ceiling for both of them is RB/WR18, with a range somewhere in the high teens/low twenties. Solid RB2/WR2, but little to no upside at current ADP.

IMHO!

Curtis Samuel spent 60% of his 2020 snaps in the slot. Logan Thomas had more slots snaps than any other TE - 47 more than the 2nd TE, >100 more than the 10th. The latter is not relevant to this year but the former might be - pay attention to Camp notes.

Humphries hasn’t had a good game in three years (injuries.)

The Athletic's Rhiannon Walker reports Washington slot WR Adam Humphries has "easily" been Ryan Fitzpatrick's favorite target during the first week of camp.

It's all come in place of Curtis Samuel, who opened camp on the team's PUP list while recovering from a groin injury he suffered in the spring. 28-year-old Humphries does have a rapport with Fitzpatrick stemming from their time together with the Bucs in 2018 when the former finished with an 800-yard campaign. Humphries is expected to be a factor for targets as a last-round PPR flier even when Samuel is healthy and practicing again.

RELATED: 

Curtis Samuel

SOURCE: Rhiannon Walker on Twitter

Jul 29, 2021, 11:23 AM ET

Fools gold. McLaurin, Samuel, Gibson, and Thomas for sure ahead of him in that offense...and maybe Brown too. 

thread rename @Max Power

Adam Humphries caught 1-of-2 targets for -4 yards in the Football Team's Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. 

Humphries alternated with DeAndre Carter and Dynami Brown in the slot and was barely involved a week after catching three balls for 73 yards against the Saints. He should remain on the waiver wire this week. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Last edited by a moderator:
I had him in a lot of leagues and was wrong. 

He took a wicked blow to the head in TEN and he doesn't have the same fire as he did in Tampa. I hoped a fresh start was all he needed but he's not that guy anymore.

I wonder about Tyrell Williams now. 

Ill keep an eye on Humphries as he does have the ability to be a very effective NFL WR but I can't ride this train in FF until he can overcome. God Bless, I do feel for the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread