What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 Waiver Wire Team (1 Viewer)

duaneok66

Footballguy
It’s that time again. Thank you to those that gave positive feedback. Again, I am fielding a team for this week consisting solely of actual free agents off my 12 team 20 man dynasty league. Last week stunk, so let’s see if we can do better this week.

QB – John Skelton (QB rank: 35)

He is pretty much my only option in FA. He sucks, but maybe the Cardinals can score with GB. GB’s defense may still be missing some key players, so we will see what happens.

RB – William Powell (RB rank: 84) and Joique Bell (RB rank: 39)

Larod Stevens-Howling has been dominating carries in the Cardinals backfield, but he looked woefully inept against the 49ers last week. It was a joke watching him try and penetrate that DL fortress. Powell may get a shot now. He was the best of a picked over lot. Joique Bell is the guy in on passing downs for the Lions, and Mikel Leshoure has looked pedestrian since being given the keys to the Detroit backfield. Maybe the Lions pass all game long, thereby giving Bell the majority of snaps. We will see.

WR – Emmanuel Sanders (WR Rank: 74), Josh Morgan (WR rank: 77) and Louis Murphy (WR rank: 115)

We will stay with Sanders, who continues to get snaps (70 percent last week). He was actually on the field more than Antonio Brown (69 percent). The Giants secondary is generally susceptible to big plays, so as long as Big Ben is protected from that excellent Giants DL, then hopefully he should be able to find Sanders.

Josh Morgan stays in the lineup because he is on the field a lot for the Redskins (71 percent). He languishes in the FA pool because he doesn’t get many targets. However, Hankerson is showing little on the other side, so maybe Morgan gets more chances this week. Who knows? When you are fishing in the FA pool, you have to get lucky and hope that something bites.

Louis Murphy should start opposite Steve Smith since Brandon Lafell is out. Murphy his catch rate stinks (38%) but when you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, you have to take guys that should get targets. And the Redskins pass defense has been a sieve this year.

TE – Brandon Myers (TE Rank #17)

We will stay with Myers, who gets targets (and little else). The Bucs pass defense stinks, so opportunities should be there.

Defense – Tampa Bay (D rank: 21)

Yes, I am taking a Defense I just dissed earlier. I did this for two reasons:

1) There isn’t much to choose from

2) The Bucs have an OUTSTANDING run defense (ranked #2 by DVOA-Football Outsiders)

K – Steven Haucshka (K rank: 15)

Hopefully the 12th man up there in Seattle will get the offense moving, and that means more points in the kicking game.

See you folks on Tuesday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wrap up:

Skelton 14

Powell 0

Bell 16

Sanders 8

Morgan 4

Murphy 0

Myers 17

TB defense 8

Hauschka 4