What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 DFS (1 Viewer)

TwinTurbo

Footballguy
Two good weeks in a row. Let's go for three! 

I think a lot of players will focus on the Green Bay @ Kansas City game. There are several great matchups across the main slate. 

Place holder for FD - haven't looked at any percentages or anything:

J. Burrow
A. Kamara
E. Elliott
J. Chase
J. Landry
H. Renfrow
M. Lewis
C. Hubbard
D. Cowboys

J. Burrow
A. Kamara
E. Elliott
J. Chase
J. Landry
H. Renfrow
M. Lewis
C. Hubbard
D. Cowboys

That's interesting. My first lineup included Burrow/Kamara/Chase

J. Burrow
A. Kamara
E. Elliott
J. Chase
J. Landry
H. Renfrow
M. Lewis
C. Hubbard
D. Cowboys
I like it.  There is a small risk that CMC could play more than expected so that bumps Hubbard down a tiny bit in my eyes.

Interesting pivots off Landry and Renfrow include Waddle, Boyd, DeVonte Smith, Gage, Toney and Tajae Sharp.  For a bit more dollars, Kirk (A.J. Green tested + for Covid).

Pivots I like off Hubbard include injury monitoring situations (Jacobs, Mitchell, D Williams vs CEH), a safe play (D Harris) and lower cost options in good situations (Booker and Zack Moss).

On DK do we just smash in a bunch of 4.4K Jordan Love?  
Love seems to be the obvious choice if you want to play a QB below Cousins/Carr/Tua level.  There does seem to be plenty of value plays at RB and WR so I don't feel a strong need to play him...other than in a couple darts.

No overlay tonight.  I probably should have passed but the lineups looked good with all the guys out.

eta: If footballguys projections were right this was a back up the bus slate with Wentz/Taylor, Taylor/Wentz, Pittman, Hines, trash

Last edited by a moderator:
No overlay tonight.  I probably should have passed but the lineups looked good with all the guys out.

eta: If footballguys projections were right this was a back up the bus slate with Wentz/Taylor, Taylor/Wentz, Pittman, Hines, trash
Winning lineup at half

Wasn’t a win, but a pretty easy double up. 

Also are you guys playing the 4th quarter contests?  Johnson was only 50% owned and 15% mvp. That was an easy 8x. I don’t want to come off wrong here, but I see more time spent on building a perfect lineup in a 19% vig contest when overlay and obvious favorable single Game contests can be found if you spend a 1/10 th of the time on that  

BassNBrew said:
Wasn’t a win, but a pretty easy double up. 

Also are you guys playing the 4th quarter contests?  Johnson was only 50% owned and 15% mvp. That was an easy 8x. I don’t want to come off wrong here, but I see more time spent on building a perfect lineup in a 19% vig contest when overlay and obvious favorable single Game contests can be found if you spend a 1/10 th of the time on that  

I' haven't had much luck in the single game contests - can you talk about your process in more detail?  I assume you are talking about FD, right?  What contests (in terms of entry fee) usually have overlay?  For roster construction, do you use FBG projections to select your lineups and don't bother trying to win the GPP with the "perfect" lineup?

Thanks.

Sorry late to the party here. Got caught up in making my all day crock pot spaghetti sauce.

I like builds around Lamar Jackson today. Stacked him with Brown at WR

I think there will be points in the Atl/NO game. Love me some Kamara and then coming back with Patterson. 

Everyone will be having Albert O as their cheap TE I bet.

Sorry late to the party here. Got caught up in making my all day crock pot spaghetti sauce.

I think there will be points in the Atl/NO game. Love me some Kamara and then coming back with Patterson. 

Same. Jackson/Brown.

I' haven't had much luck in the single game contests - can you talk about your process in more detail?  I assume you are talking about FD, right?  What contests (in terms of entry fee) usually have overlay?  For roster construction, do you use FBG projections to select your lineups and don't bother trying to win the GPP with the "perfect" lineup?

Thanks.

Yes Fanduel.  I usually see overlay on the 5 and 25 cent contests on the primetime games about half the time.  I do rely on FBG projections.  For these cheap contests I'll construct 8-12 lineups and then enter them 10-30 times.  I don't try to win, I try to play safe.  You'll see a bunch of lineups where the WR3 or TE is listed as the MVP.  Between the guys swinging for the fences and overlay, you'll usually build bankroll here.

I'll play contests without overlay if the roster construction is obvious.  A couple of weeks ago there was a slate where do to people being out the salary cap didn't come into play.  I also will play contests where the MVP is obvious such as Josh Allen vs. Jax.  I think you can be successful here because so many people are trying to get that obscure MVP to win the tourney.

Lastly the Sunday 1pm slates offer overlay.  Just today....

$100 prize pool with $74 in

$250 prize pool with $198 in

$250 with $176 in

$250 with $200 in

In DK afternoon gpp, a few teams picked STEPHEN ANDERSON at TE. I don't get it. Do these guys have a copy of the Chargers playbook or something. You could pick 10,000 lineups and never settle on a 3rd string TE. And of course I picked DONALD PARHAM JR for the same price because he's higher on the depth chart. 

Courtjester said:

Same stack in 1 of my lineups which also includes Kamara. Just have Chiefs D still playing. Hoping they can take advantage of Love's inexperience.

Yes Fanduel.  I usually see overlay on the 5 and 25 cent contests on the primetime games about half the time.  I do rely on FBG projections.  For these cheap contests I'll construct 8-12 lineups and then enter them 10-30 times.  I don't try to win, I try to play safe.  You'll see a bunch of lineups where the WR3 or TE is listed as the MVP.  Between the guys swinging for the fences and overlay, you'll usually build bankroll here.

I'll play contests without overlay if the roster construction is obvious.  A couple of weeks ago there was a slate where do to people being out the salary cap didn't come into play.  I also will play contests where the MVP is obvious such as Josh Allen vs. Jax.  I think you can be successful here because so many people are trying to get that obscure MVP to win the tourney.

Lastly the Sunday 1pm slates offer overlay.  Just today....

$100 prize pool with $74 in

$250 prize pool with $198 in

$250 with $176 in

$250 with $200 in

Another winning days across all slates.

Tonite...no overlay, really bad lineups, all cashed (Stafford MVP).  That last TD to Higbee salvaged this.  $9.05 in, $19.94 out.

The overlay plays earlier were $12 in and $14.65 out.  Had bad lineups that wouldn't have cashed without the overlay.

Pouch filled to about 90%.  Not great but I maxed it.

$14500 entries in on a $20000 contest.

$8600 entries in on a $10000 contest.  Technically not overlay, but almost no juice.

let's go!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread