What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 All Waiver Wire Team (1 Viewer)

duaneok66

Footballguy
Member Islanders Rule had a great Idea to make up a All waiver wire team form players ACTUALLY on your wire this week. I did it last week and enjoyed it, so here goes round two. I have waited til all waivers have cleared, and for that subsequent flurry of FA moves, to make my selections for this week. Again, it's a 12 team dynasty, 20 man rosters, standard scoring.

QB - Brady Quinn (QB #39)

The only other QBs to pick from were Mark Sanchez, Blaine Gabbert, and John Skelton (vs SF). Case closed.

RB - Jamie Harper (RB #55) and Phillip Tanner (RB #87)

Ever been Christmas shopping on December 24th? The RA FB selection looks like the shelves at the mall on that day. We will go with Harper who should get some decent looks against a crappy Colts run defense, while Tanner may get alot of run since Murray is out and Felix Jones is questionable.

WR - Emmanuel Sanders (WR #78), Julian Edelman (WR #95), and Donald Driver (WR #115)

More bare shelves. Sanders has been in on (about) 65% of the snaps on the year. That's an impressive amount for a team's third receiver. They even rotate him in on some 2WR sets. He will cash in on a TD soon (none on the year so far). Edelman is due back from an injury, as the Pats play the Rams across the pond. The key here is that Hernandez is out, so Edelman should get a few more looks than usual. Jordy Nelson has hammy issues, so Driver will step in on three wide sets to join Randall Cobb and James Jones. I hope the old man has something left.

TE - Brandon Myers (TE #17)

Sanders is the second holdover (Sanders) from last week. He does NOTHING downfield but he gets plenty of targets. Expect another four points or so.

D - Detroit (D #24)

Sigh. The Lions did OK against the Bears, so I have to give them a shot versus a Seattle team that is three time zones away from home. Maybe Suh and the boys will force Wilson and Co. to turn it over. Stay tuned.

K - Shaun Suisham (K #10)

Ok, there it is. The "wrap-up" will be posted here on Tuesday night. See you then!

Good post idea, I like this as a weekly routine. Here's mine for my main league, a 12 team redraft 0.5 PPR league. 9 Starters, 7 Bench, 16 Total.

QB - Mark Sanchez: The Dolphins have a good run defense and a horrible pass defense, the Jets will have to beat this team through the air and I actually like Sanchez better with Holmes gone and Keller now back.

RB1 - Philip Tanner: Murray is out again this week and with Felix banged up, I expect Tanner to get a a good amount of carries again this week. Surprised to see him still available and considering dropping Vereen for him.

RB2 - Marcel Reece: The Chiefs have a bad defense and Reece is very effective on screen plays, more effective than McFadden has been on run plays. He's usually a good bet for 3-7 points and could break a long one against this defense.

WR1 - Brandon Stokley: Old reliable for Peyton has been quietly effective this year and I expect him to continue to see targets in key situations(3rd down/redzone) since Peyton knows where he's going to be at all times. Should be good for multiple receptions and 20-50 yards with a chance at a TD.

WR2 - Ryan Broyles: I believe that he, and not Titus Young will benefit most from Burleson's injury. Titus Young has a cool name, but I'm not sold on his talent at all. Broyles is a better fit as the slot WR and much more talented IMO, he looked very good in limited action last week. He could be in for a great week and a must-add next week. Another guy that should be owned in all 12 team PPR leagues.

Flex - Nate Washington: Quietly a top 30 WR in this 0.5 PPR format and has good chemsitry with Hass. A good bet for 3+ catches and potential for a big play/TD with his speed. Quality depth WR.

TE - Joel Dressen: Another Peyton target in a potential shootout this Sunday Night. He's been getting better as the season has gone along and continued to develop good chemistry with Peyton. Coming off of a 6 rec, 57 yard game and 3 consecutive TD games before that, I'll take a shot with him in this game.

D/ST - Lions: Surprisingly still available despite a nice matchup this week. Rookie Russell Wilson has struggled away from home this season, and has been turnover prone away from Seattle. The Lions played really well vs the Bears last week and should be a solid play this week with a decent chance at multiple TO's and a low score.

K - Alex Henery: Just going with the odds here, the Falcons haven't allowed many FG attempts so far this season, in fact they have one of the fewest against so far and I expect that to climb towards the league average. Henery has been kicking the ball well lately and he could see multiple attempts in a game where both offensive should be able to move the ball well, but have good enough defenses to keep each other out of the endzone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll play. 12 team PPR league with 20 man rosters...

QB - Ryan Tannehill (Other options were Hasslebeck, Quinn, Sanchez)

RB - Montario Hardesty, Jacquizz Rodgers (Other options were Peerman, Reece. Taking a shot on Hardesty getting involved with Richardson being dinged up)

WR - Cecil Shorts, Ryan Broyles, Greg Little (other options were Sanders, Hester, Hankerson)

TE - Logan Paulsen (other options Marcedes Lewis, Lance Kendricks)

PK - Phil Dawson

DEF - San Diego

The wrap up . . .

Quinn -1 (got injured)

Harper 0

Tanner 1

Sanders 5

Edelman 0

Driver 7

Myers 4

Detroit 4

Suisham 10

Total: 30

Analysis:

EPIC FAIL.

Will try it again on Friday night.

Good post idea, I like this as a weekly routine. Here's mine for my main league, a 12 team redraft 0.5 PPR league. 9 Starters, 7 Bench, 16 Total.

QB - Mark Sanchez: The Dolphins have a good run defense and a horrible pass defense, the Jets will have to beat this team through the air and I actually like Sanchez better with Holmes gone and Keller now back. 11 Points

RB1 - Philip Tanner: Murray is out again this week and with Felix banged up, I expect Tanner to get a a good amount of carries again this week. Surprised to see him still available and considering dropping Vereen for him. Was picked up Sunday morning, 1.5 points.

RB2 - Marcel Reece: The Chiefs have a bad defense and Reece is very effective on screen plays, more effective than McFadden has been on run plays. He's usually a good bet for 3-7 points and could break a long one against this defense. Layed an egg.

WR1 - Brandon Stokley: Old reliable for Peyton has been quietly effective this year and I expect him to continue to see targets in key situations(3rd down/redzone) since Peyton knows where he's going to be at all times. Should be good for multiple receptions and 20-50 yards with a chance at a TD. Also picked up on Sunday morning, 2 points.

WR2 - Ryan Broyles: I believe that he, and not Titus Young will benefit most from Burleson's injury. Titus Young has a cool name, but I'm not sold on his talent at all. Broyles is a better fit as the slot WR and much more talented IMO, he looked very good in limited action last week. He could be in for a great week and a must-add next week. Another guy that should be owned in all 12 team PPR leagues. 10.5 Points

Flex - Nate Washington: Quietly a top 30 WR in this 0.5 PPR format and has good chemsitry with Hass. A good bet for 3+ catches and potential for a big play/TD with his speed. Quality depth WR. 8.5 Points

TE - Joel Dressen: Another Peyton target in a potential shootout this Sunday Night. He's been getting better as the season has gone along and continued to develop good chemistry with Peyton. Coming off of a 6 rec, 57 yard game and 3 consecutive TD games before that, I'll take a shot with him in this game. Nothing

D/ST - Lions: Surprisingly still available despite a nice matchup this week. Rookie Russell Wilson has struggled away from home this season, and has been turnover prone away from Seattle. The Lions played really well vs the Bears last week and should be a solid play this week with a decent chance at multiple TO's and a low score. 3 Points

K - Alex Henery: Just going with the odds here, the Falcons haven't allowed many FG attempts so far this season, in fact they have one of the fewest against so far and I expect that to climb towards the league average. Henery has been kicking the ball well lately and he could see multiple attempts in a game where both offensive should be able to move the ball well, but have good enough defenses to keep each other out of the endzone. 5 Points
Total: 41.5 Points.Lesson: Depth is important.

Sorry but I like it. The vast majority of players selected were on the ww. The players listed represent typical ww players. At least you know what the topic is about. If you don't like it, don't open if. Clutter? It's one frigging thread updated once a week. More clutter on this bored than ever but this one is not one of them. A couple of weeks ago there were 3 Dwyer threads. That's clutter. To the O P, keep em coming!

I'll play. 12 team PPR league with 20 man rosters...QB - Ryan Tannehill (Other options were Hasslebeck, Quinn, Sanchez)RB - Montario Hardesty, Jacquizz Rodgers (Other options were Peerman, Reece. Taking a shot on Hardesty getting involved with Richardson being dinged up)WR - Cecil Shorts, Ryan Broyles, Greg Little (other options were Sanders, Hester, Hankerson)TE - Logan Paulsen (other options Marcedes Lewis, Lance Kendricks)PK - Phil DawsonDEF - San Diego
Tannehill - 0.72 (injured)Hardesty - 0.30 Rodgers - 13.00Shorts - 20.60Broyles - 12.70Little - 4.80Paulsen - 8.30Dawson - 1.00San Diego - 8.00Total - 69.72 Average score was 121.8, and lowest for the week was 89.18. Had I chosen Sanchez or Hasslebeck at QB, along with a better option than Hardesty, this team could have MAYBE won against one team in the league.

Sorry but I like it. The vast majority of players selected were on the ww. The players listed represent typical ww players. At least you know what the topic is about. If you don't like it, don't open if. Clutter? It's one frigging thread updated once a week. More clutter on this bored than ever but this one is not one of them. A couple of weeks ago there were 3 Dwyer threads. That's clutter. To the O P, keep em coming!
:goodposting:

:goodposting:
I like it too!

Will try it again on Friday night.
Please dont. The Shark Pool has enough clutter.
thanks for the insightful analysis.
Thanks for contributing to the decline of the Pool.Posting about your fake fake football team, selected from a group of players from ONE of YOUR leagues is a great service to the fantasy football community.
Thanks for playing Hal. Now go away. This is a fine post

Users who are viewing this thread