What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 6 Waiver targets (1 Viewer)

Patrick Taylor signed off the PS. Is Emanuel Wilson on the active roster already?

Edited: This answers my question . “So, Taylor, who lost out to Emanuel Wilson for the No. 3 job in training camp, is back on the 53-man roster”.

To create a space on the roster, the Packers released outside linebacker Justin Hollins.

An undrafted free agent in 2020 who missed his rookie season following the same Lisfranc foot injury that derailed cornerback Eric Stokes, Taylor has played in 26 games over three seasons. In his three appearances this year, he’s carried nine times for 29 yards (3.2 average) and caught three passes for 23 yards (7.7 average).

While the undrafted Wilson won the roster spot out of training camp, the snap count reads 49 for Taylor vs. 13 for Wilson. Wilson, who led the NFL in preseason rushing, has five carries for 11 yards (2.2 average) and one catch for 6 yards.

AJ Dillon will get the start, with Taylor and Wilson getting their chance for the No. 2 reps.

So your guess is as good as mine who is #2 tonight. Taylor has 4 times more carries, yet Wilson beat him out……strange.
Desperation start I'd say Taylor. Wilson for the large bench stash.

Patrick Taylor signed off the PS. Is Emanuel Wilson on the active roster already?

Edited: This answers my question . “So, Taylor, who lost out to Emanuel Wilson for the No. 3 job in training camp, is back on the 53-man roster”.

To create a space on the roster, the Packers released outside linebacker Justin Hollins.

An undrafted free agent in 2020 who missed his rookie season following the same Lisfranc foot injury that derailed cornerback Eric Stokes, Taylor has played in 26 games over three seasons. In his three appearances this year, he’s carried nine times for 29 yards (3.2 average) and caught three passes for 23 yards (7.7 average).

While the undrafted Wilson won the roster spot out of training camp, the snap count reads 49 for Taylor vs. 13 for Wilson. Wilson, who led the NFL in preseason rushing, has five carries for 11 yards (2.2 average) and one catch for 6 yards.

AJ Dillon will get the start, with Taylor and Wilson getting their chance for the No. 2 reps.

So your guess is as good as mine who is #2 tonight. Taylor has 4 times more carries, yet Wilson beat him out……strange.
I picked up Wilson yesterday just in case Jones doesn’t play, but I’ll win anyway. If I was desperate I would probably switch to Taylor, but I’ll just play Wilson if Jones is out.

You could be in trouble if you were counting on Jones in a starting lineup spot this week. AJ Dillon should lead the Packers' backfield against the Raiders without Jones, with rookie Emanuel Wilson backing him up.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller

D‘Onta Foreman if Roschon Johnson doesn’t clear protocol. Maybe regardless
Noah Gray if Kelce’s ankle swells up bigger than a cantaloupe tomorrow
KJ Osborn / Jefferson hurt his hammy
Emari Demercado / Keontay Ingram if Conner is out
Josh Downs for those in redraft leagues. He’s rostered in dynasty
Deep divers might consider Emanuel Wilson RB Packers if Jones injury persists, or if something happens to Dillon.
I’d rather add Jordan Mason if we’re adding backups. CMC hasn’t had the best injury history and Mason is on a high powered offense.

Check your waiver wire for...

Musgrave and Reed before tonight's game

And Quentin Johnston if he was dropped due to bye

Who exactly was either:

a) holding QJ throughout the entirety of the first four weeks
b) picking him up off waivers in the aftermath of Williams' ACL exploding

Only to drop him due to a bye? While I can accept some managers are terrible and operate with incredibly bad processes, there can only be a tiny, tiny minority of leagues where QJ was dropped for bye week reasons. There's probably more leagues where he was never on a roster at all!

Who exactly was either:

Only to drop him due to a bye? While I can accept some managers are terrible and operate with incredibly bad processes, there can only be a tiny, tiny minority of leagues where QJ was dropped for bye week reasons. There's probably more leagues where he was never on a roster at all!
No idea dude but he was dropped this week in both my leagues and is only 33% owned in yahoo.

Jeff Wilson if Achane misses time. We should know sometime today about Achane. However, Chris Brooks could be in the picture too limiting Wilson's upside. Brooks is a little bigger with 3-down skills like Wilson, but obviously not as experienced. He was used in the last game on 7 snaps when they had 2 backs in an Ingold role as a blocker. Brooks had a great preseason running and receiving.

Any news on how long Conner will be out? Demarcado got all the work after he went down and seems to be a substantial amount of FAAB type of guy if Conner is out long.

Jeff Wilson if Achane misses time. We should know sometime today about Achane. However, Chris Brooks could be in the picture too limiting Wilson's upside. Brooks is a little bigger with 3-down skills like Wilson, but obviously not as experienced. He was used in the last game on 7 snaps when they had 2 backs in an Ingold role as a blocker. Brooks had a great preseason running and receiving.

S. Ahmed?

In a league I've needed help @RB, Jerome Ford & Roshon Johnson were both dropped this past weekend. Add in Emari Demercado & I'm hopeful to land at least of them. George Pickens was also dropped this past week. lol... To add I'm dropping Marvin Mims, but my claim is 10th. No doubt he'll become relevant at some point. Demercado, at the time of this post, has already been added in over 53,000 leagues @NFL.com. Even there, he's still rostered in only 0.2% of leagues. Not that it matters but a daunting comparable would be week 2, when Puka Nacua went from being rostered in 0.9% of leagues to over 82%!!! Ha-ha..they don't even show the figure, Puka was added in millions or 10s of millions of leagues? Something very similar occurred with Jerome Ford between weeks 2 & 3. Have bumped Demercado to 2nd in my priority.

With Conner likely being put on IR, I am making (domo arigato) Emari Demarcado my priority. May help soften the loss of Achane just a bit.

Ingram lingers as an RBBC threat, but if he's really that much of a threat, I'd like think we would have seen more from him by now.

Im likely going all in on Demarcado but Im 2-3 and desperate. I lost 3 players to injury this week in Jefferson, Herbert, and Gibbs

Who exactly was either:

He’s on the wire in my 12 team league because he hasn’t produced anything. Redraft league and I have Diggs, Theilen, Ridley, Pickens and Dell for reference.

Ingram hurt the last two weeks

Never showed much but was technically ahead of Demarcado before his neck injury....

That's my one concern with Demercardo. Assuming Ingram is healthy, I'd think he starts over a UDFA? Might be the sharp pickup (again - if healthy).

Never showed much but was technically ahead of Demarcado before his neck injury....

That's my one concern with Demercardo. Assuming Ingram is healthy, I'd think he starts over a UDFA? Might be the sharp pickup (again - if healthy).
Ingram may indeed be the one, but I don't think draft capital at this point matters (see McLaughlin as a UDFA). In any event, Ingram was only a 6th rounder himself.

Ingram may indeed be the one, but I don't think draft capital at this point matters (see McLaughlin as a UDFA). In any event, Ingram was only a 6th rounder himself.
I agree, draft capital doesn't amount to a hill of beans when you're talking about late round picks vs UDFA.

Who exactly was either:

Quentin
Jefferson going on IR. Move Osborn up your boards.

Whew.

Glad I canceled the multiplayer trade that included my Addison last night before going to bed.

Keaoatay had underwhelming production in college and has been a trash bag (39-75-1.9) as a pro.

His draft grade was 5.66 - bottom of the roster or practice squad - and has done nothing in two years to dissuade that opinion.

Overview
Running back prospect with adequate size and quickness who leaves you wanting more. Ingram was noticeably quicker and more elusive at a lighter weight after transferring to USC from Texas. He sees the interior clearly but can be too content to bounce runs wide rather than continuing to probe between the tackles. He's a below-average run finisher but will create additional yardage with quick decision-making at times. Ingram can handle an occasional pass and blitz pickup, but he's not ready to be a third-down option. There aren't any real standout qualities, but he should be competitive in a camp.
Strengths
  • Was quicker and shiftier at a lighter weight in 2021.
  • Maintains his pace while processing on the go.
  • Plays with decent decisiveness.
  • Locates proper pathways as an interior runner.
  • Created for himself when blocking fell apart.
  • Improved hip flexion for open-field cutting in 2021.
  • Handles swing passes and safety-valve throws.
  • Improved his pass protection over the second half of the season.
Weaknesses
  • Needs better vision and recognition on backside.
  • Burst to hit the corner is lacking.
  • Doesn't fully trust the blocking scheme.
  • Below-average press-and-cut efficiency in zone.
  • Needs to steer second-level defenders into blockers.
  • Not a consistently physical and willful finisher.

My comment wasn't about draft capital invested, just how much you want to make a UDFA rookie you're lead back. Not because of sunk cost, but how well does he know the offense, how competent is he, can he actually handle pass pro? All because he wasn't even drafted, and is a rookie. Not saying Arizona won't role with him, but those are concerns.

Keaoatay had underwhelming production in college and has been a trash bag (39-75-1.9) as a pro.

His draft grade was 5.66 - bottom of the roster or practice squad - and has done nothing in two years to dissuade that opinion.

Overview
Running back prospect with adequate size and quickness who leaves you wanting more. Ingram was noticeably quicker and more elusive at a lighter weight after transferring to USC from Texas. He sees the interior clearly but can be too content to bounce runs wide rather than continuing to probe between the tackles. He's a below-average run finisher but will create additional yardage with quick decision-making at times. Ingram can handle an occasional pass and blitz pickup, but he's not ready to be a third-down option. There aren't any real standout qualities, but he should be competitive in a camp.
Strengths
  • Was quicker and shiftier at a lighter weight in 2021.
  • Maintains his pace while processing on the go.
  • Plays with decent decisiveness.
  • Locates proper pathways as an interior runner.
  • Created for himself when blocking fell apart.
  • Improved hip flexion for open-field cutting in 2021.
  • Handles swing passes and safety-valve throws.
  • Improved his pass protection over the second half of the season.
Weaknesses
  • Needs better vision and recognition on backside.
  • Burst to hit the corner is lacking.
  • Doesn't fully trust the blocking scheme.
  • Below-average press-and-cut efficiency in zone.
  • Needs to steer second-level defenders into blockers.
  • Not a consistently physical and willful finisher.

Sure, but his competition is a UDFA rookie who was behind him on the depth chart before injury. Questions like pass pro, competency, etc. arise for Demercardo. He may be worth a bigger shot because there's more upside and he's unknown, but this is more like to be a "chicken ****" situation IMO. A RB rotation on a bad team who's running game hopefully wasn't just Conner.

Of course, maybe Demercardo is James Robinson and he turns into a stud. But that take right now is unknown.

Demercado is a complete unknown to the FF community. But he is a known commodity to the Arizona coaching staff. Was a priority signing hours after the draft. Made the initial 53-man (they only kept 3 RBs.)

In between he was evaluated at rookie minicamp, mandatory minicamp, OTAs, TC, and preseason. After five months (3-1/2 months of daily contact) they know what they have.

Didn’t light it up in X season (22-71 & 5-31) but they have a good understanding of what he can do. If he wasn’t pro ready they would have signed him to the practice squad and kept Corey Clement or Ty’Son Williams.

Last edited:
Demercado is a complete unknown to the FF community. But he is a known commodity to the Arizona coaching staff. Was a priority signing hours after the draft. Made the initial 53-man (they only kept 3 RBs.)

In between he was evaluated at rookie minicamp, mandatory minicamp, OTAs, TC, and preseason. After five months (3-1/2 months of daily contact) they know what they have.

Didn’t light it up in X season (22-71 & 5-31) but they have a good understanding of what he can do. If he wasn’t pro ready they would have signed him to the practice squad and kept Corey Clement or Ty’Son Williams.
Oh man. Just imagine the hype it Ty’son Williams was a waiver pickup right now!

Oh man. Just imagine the hype it Ty’son Williams was a waiver pickup right now!

Like a Phoenix rising!

:excited:

Anyone to replace Lamar Jackson. Next to useless without ground stats.
He ran for 45 yards and both Aghlor & Flowers bonked two deep almost sure fire TDs.
Nelson Agholor? Dropped pass?

That can’t be right.
The baby-saving hero using his platform to troll Agholor may be one of my all-time favorite moments in Philly sports history
Holy spit take! Had never seen that before.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread