What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 spreads (1 Viewer)

JB Breakfast Club

Footballguy
The two lines I like for larger bets...all discussion and opinion welcome since I'll be in Vegas for my one set of football bets.

Arizona +4 (vs. Philly) - Arizona is 9-2 straight up over their past 11 games. They've made two good teams look very pedestrian so far, and now Philly comes in with ball security issues. I'll use the points in my parlays and have a bet on the Arizona money line (+175). I might use the under 43.5 in some bets as well.

Cleveland +3 - another home dog that I like. Buffalo doesn't seem that much better than the Browns, so I'll happily take the points on a home team.

If I had to make a third heavy bet, I think I'd go with Houston -2 at Denver (another home dog this week). Houston hasn't really been tested yet, but I think they are the class of the AFC, and they should be able to handle an inferior team on the road.

Last week five teams that lost at home week 1 went on the road week two & lost, went 0-4-1 ATS.

There are 2 games that fit that pattern this week.

All lines:

Buffalo -3 at Cleveland

SF -7.5 at Minnesota

Detroit -3.5 at Tennessee

Cincinnati at Washington -3

KC at NO -9

NY Jets -2.5 at Miami

Jacksonville at Indianapolis -3

Tampa Bay at Dallas -8

St Louis at Chicago -7

Philadelphia -3.5 at Arizona

Atlanta at San Diego -3

Pittsburgh -4 at Oakland

Houston -2 at Denver

New England at Baltimore -3

(Monday) Green Bay -3.5 at Seattle

The two lines I like for larger bets...all discussion and opinion welcome since I'll be in Vegas for my one set of football bets.Arizona +4 (vs. Philly) - Arizona is 9-2 straight up over their past 11 games. They've made two good teams look very pedestrian so far, and now Philly comes in with ball security issues. I'll use the points in my parlays and have a bet on the Arizona money line (+175). I might use the under 43.5 in some bets as well.Cleveland +3 - another home dog that I like. Buffalo doesn't seem that much better than the Browns, so I'll happily take the points on a home team.If I had to make a third heavy bet, I think I'd go with Houston -2 at Denver (another home dog this week). Houston hasn't really been tested yet, but I think they are the class of the AFC, and they should be able to handle an inferior team on the road.
I like Az a lot.Don't like the Houston game, Denver at home can win that game.Take the under in the Kc and Saints. Two teams that people think have scored a lot but it's been from behind. Look for a closer game and the final score won't be inflated like previous weeks that these two teams have played in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bengals plus the points and take the over.

Love pats and the points and under

Panthers plus the points.

Panthers plus the points.
Panthers went from 1-point favorites to 2-point favorites when it was announced that Nicks wouldn't play.Falcons and the points look good to me as an underdog bet. Chargers' D has been real good so far but I'm not sure I trust them against Ryan and the Atlanta passing attack.

No one else likes the sf -7.5?

Sf beat both the PACKS AND LIONS by 8.

Mn is not even half the team that the packs and lions are.

All lines:

Buffalo -3 at Cleveland

SF -7.5 at Minnesota

KC at NO -9

NY Jets -2.5 at Miami

Tampa Bay at Dallas -8

St Louis at Chicago -7

Atlanta at San Diego -3

Pittsburgh -4 at Oakland

Houston -2 at Denver

Still up in the air on St. Louis. I like Atl and Az ML bets.

'JB Breakfast Club said:
All lines:

Buffalo -3 at Cleveland

SF -7.5 at Minnesota

KC at NO -9

NY Jets -2.5 at Miami

Tampa Bay at Dallas -8

St Louis at Chicago -7

Atlanta at San Diego -3

Pittsburgh -4 at Oakland

Houston -2 at Denver

the lines that stand out to me are:Dallas -8..a team that last week got thrashed in Seattle , playing at home against a team that nearly beat NYG on the road, giving 8 pts?!

I think Dallas ROLLS bigtime this week! take Dallas and give the pts..

Detroit 'only' giving 3.5 to perhaps the worst team in the NFL, Tenn , is a red flag to me..tough game to bet on,but if I was going to bet it, I'd take Tenn getting the pts..

I like Baltimore giving 3 to NE..Pats aren't that good, they can't keep up with Pitta and Smith, and Rice will once again

carve them to bits..revenge for the cheesy win in last year's Championship Game..

'Leroy Hoard said:
Last week five teams that lost at home week 1 went on the road week two & lost, went 0-4-1 ATS. There are 2 games that fit that pattern this week.
Nice, Indy is one of my favorite plays this week. If I have a good afternoon, may take the Ravens on revenge.

'JB Breakfast Club said:
The two lines I like for larger bets...all discussion and opinion welcome since I'll be in Vegas for my one set of football bets.Arizona +4 (vs. Philly) - Arizona is 9-2 straight up over their past 11 games. They've made two good teams look very pedestrian so far, and now Philly comes in with ball security issues. I'll use the points in my parlays and have a bet on the Arizona money line (+175). I might use the under 43.5 in some bets as well.Cleveland +3 - another home dog that I like. Buffalo doesn't seem that much better than the Browns, so I'll happily take the points on a home team.If I had to make a third heavy bet, I think I'd go with Houston -2 at Denver (another home dog this week). Houston hasn't really been tested yet, but I think they are the class of the AFC, and they should be able to handle an inferior team on the road.
Arizona +4 is a line that says "take Philly", IMO.

'JB Breakfast Club said:
Is that your unbiased opinion? :popcorn: I still think the Eagles are the worst team offensively in the NFC East.

Buffalo -3 at Cleveland-----------------:Buffalo

SF -7.5 at Minnesota-------------------:SF

Detroit -3.5 at Tennessee-------------:Detroit

KC at NO -9

NY Jets -2.5 at Miami

Tampa Bay at Dallas -8

St Louis at Chicago -7

Atlanta at San Diego -3

Pittsburgh -4 at Oakland--------------:Pittsburgh

Houston -2 at Denver-------------------:Houston

(Monday)Green Bay -3.5 at Seattle-----:Green Bay

Definitely a bit different than original post.. :)

The ones I really like though and if I were betting:

Buffalo

Detroit

Houston

'JB Breakfast Club said:
Is that your unbiased opinion? :popcorn: I still think the Eagles are the worst team offensively in the NFC East.
What scares me about this game is how AZ's offense is going to hold up against Philly's Defense. I agree the Philly offense is a wild card.

Buffalo -3 at Cleveland-----------------:BuffaloSF -7.5 at Minnesota-------------------:SFDetroit -3.5 at Tennessee-------------:Detroit Cincinnati at Washington -3KC at NO -9NY Jets -2.5 at MiamiJacksonville at Indianapolis -3Tampa Bay at Dallas -8St Louis at Chicago -7Philadelphia -3.5 at ArizonaAtlanta at San Diego -3Pittsburgh -4 at Oakland--------------:PittsburghHouston -2 at Denver-------------------:HoustonNew England at Baltimore -3(Monday)Green Bay -3.5 at Seattle-----:Green BayDefinitely a bit different than original post.. :)The ones I really like though and if I were betting:BuffaloDetroitHouston
I like Buffalo and Detroit as well. Not so sure about Houston.

Carolina going from +1.5 to -2.5 seems fishy especially considering New York is such a big market.

'JB Breakfast Club said:
This is my bettor's opinion. Philly has committed a crazy amount of turnovers which usually spells doom for winning, they have to travel West which normally doesn't bode well for East Coast teams and AZ just beat NE on the road. This game should be a pick 'em or even Philly getting points. Vegas isn't dumb, they're setting the line to get some sucker play on Arizona.As an aside, not sure how you could think the Eagles are the worst offensive team in the NFC East, but that discussion is for another thread.

STL +7.5 @ Chicago: STL is a much improved team. Bradford and Amendola have a nice groove going. They have an effective running game. The defense plays tough and I can see them giving Cutler fits all day. Chicago 17, STL 14

Washington -3 vs Cincy: RG3 is going to have a field day against this Cincy defense. Not sure what the total is, but with these two banged up defenses, the over might be the best play. Washingon 41, Cincy 31

San Diego -3 vs ATL: odds makers are begging bettors to take ATL here, but I think SD will get it done. Matthews and Gates will probably play. It was pretty discouraging to watch ATL not step on the throats of Denver after Manning threw 3 interceptions in the first quarter. The fact that Denver had a chance to win the game is crazy. ATL coming across the country on a short week sets up nicely for SD. San Diego 27, ATL 20

:moneybag:

No one else likes the sf -7.5?

Sf beat both the PACKS AND LIONS by 8.

Mn is not even half the team that the packs and lions are.
This may be true but the Vikings were only blown out once last year at home. All the rest of the games at home were within 7.

I'll bet that if you take the under for every Thursday game you will come out ahead this season. Maybe not by a lot, but I bet you'll win more than 55% of the time...

All lines:

Buffalo -3 at Cleveland

SF -7.5 at Minnesota

KC at NO -9

NY Jets -2.5 at Miami

Tampa Bay at Dallas -8

St Louis at Chicago -7

Atlanta at San Diego -3

Pittsburgh -4 at Oakland

Houston -2 at Denver

the lines that stand out to me are:Dallas -8..a team that last week got thrashed in Seattle , playing at home against a team that nearly beat NYG on the road, giving 8 pts?!

Detroit 'only' giving 3.5 to perhaps the worst team in the NFL, Tenn , is a red flag to me..tough game to bet on,but if I was going to bet it, I'd take Tenn getting the pts..

I like Baltimore giving 3 to NE..Pats aren't that good, they can't keep up with Pitta and Smith, and Rice will once again

carve them to bits..revenge for the cheesy win in last year's Championship Game..
I don't like 8 instead of 7, but in total agreement with you - if there was one bet the house game for me I would load up on Dallas. I think they win by 20.

STL +7.5 @ Chicago: STL is a much improved team. Bradford and Amendola have a nice groove going. They have an effective running game. The defense plays tough and I can see them giving Cutler fits all day. Chicago 17, STL 14Washington -3 vs Cincy: RG3 is going to have a field day against this Cincy defense. Not sure what the total is, but with these two banged up defenses, the over might be the best play. Washingon 41, Cincy 31 San Diego -3 vs ATL: odds makers are begging bettors to take ATL here, but I think SD will get it done. Matthews and Gates will probably play. It was pretty discouraging to watch ATL not step on the throats of Denver after Manning threw 3 interceptions in the first quarter. The fact that Denver had a chance to win the game is crazy. ATL coming across the country on a short week sets up nicely for SD. San Diego 27, ATL 20 :moneybag:
I went the opposite of these picks this week. :moneybag:

All lines:

Buffalo -3 at Cleveland

SF -7.5 at Minnesota

KC at NO -9

NY Jets -2.5 at Miami

Tampa Bay at Dallas -8

St Louis at Chicago -7

Atlanta at San Diego -3

Pittsburgh -4 at Oakland

Houston -2 at Denver

I don't like 8 instead of 7, but in total agreement with you - if there was one bet the house game for me I would load up on Dallas. I think they win by 20.
This is exactly why I haven't bet a football game other than Superbowls in 15 years. Giants just tear up Buc secondary, Dallas tore up Giants week 1, had a tough week at Seattle on the road but back from the home opener. Expected them to have energy like the Giant game - not close.

Users who are viewing this thread