What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Waiver Wire Gem (1 Viewer)

Eminence said:
Grigs Allmoon said:
Larry Donnell? :unsure:
Getting RZ looks, I'm buying.
You buy everything. There's not a single player that you don't like..........except Michael Sam. That's just because you're a homophobe.
That's funny because considering this thread is on page 5 and this is the 1st player I said I was interested in. Want to know why I like Larry Donnell? He's the Giants starting tight end who saw 2 redzone targets in the game I watched last night. I don't like Michael Sam because he's a below averaged talent, attention whore.

Eminence said:
Grigs Allmoon said:
Larry Donnell? :unsure:
Getting RZ looks, I'm buying.
You buy everything. There's not a single player that you don't like..........except Michael Sam. That's just because you're a homophobe.
That's funny because considering this thread is on page 5 and this is the 1st player I said I was interested in. Want to know why I like Larry Donnell? He's the Giants starting tight end who saw 2 redzone targets in the game I watched last night. I don't like Michael Sam because he's a below averaged talent, attention whore.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Hilarious hearing Bloom and Lammey pumping Moreno's tyres on the waiver wire Audible. I thought he was a product of the Denver offense. I'm so confused.

If you had TO CHOOSE ONE RB ...[in FBGPC format]....who would it be? Crowell or Forsett?

Forsett has the immediate potential....whereas Crowell has more upside given he is only 21 years old and Forsett has been in the league for 8-9 years.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had TO CHOOSE ONE RB ...[in FBGPC format]....who would it be? Crowell or Forsett?
Not being funny but flip a coin. They both are backups and either/neither or both will pan out. In Dynasty, if I have room, its Crowell because he's the most talented of the two IMHO.

Not being funny but flip a coin. They both are backups and either/neither or both will pan out. In Dynasty, if I have room, its Crowell because he's the most talented of the two IMHO.
Just interested in this year. Interesting to the storyline is that we need to know the severity of Tate's injury. This needs to factored into the free agency bidding.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this one or not, but whats the temperature on Malcolm Floyd vs. Hurns?

I like Hurns more for potential, but as someone who can be a real flex option going forward, Floyd seems like he might be the better call.

In regards to Crowell vs. Forsett, I think it depends on your situation. If you need help as early as this week, I would probably look to Forsett, given the information that we have now. Seems like a situation might develop in Cleveland as the season goes on where they cannot keep Crowell off the field, but I like Forsett to get some carries at home against a Pit defense that looked a little underwhelming against the run.

Would you pick up Crowell if you had to drop someone like a Knile Davis, Christine Michael, Lance Dunbar type?

I mean I probably would personally. KC can't even get Charles fantasy production this past week, I don't see Davis doing a whole lot better even if something terrible happens. Michael is awesome (full disclosure, rooted for him in college), but Lynch still looks like Lynch. Crowell just had a two TD game, and should at least get the rock this week a bit - maybe 10 carries? Maybe more depending on how the game goes? I see no reason to roster those other guys over Crowell, based on how my leagues are looking.

Just interested in this year. Interesting to the storyline is that we need to know the severity of Tate's injury. This needs to factored into the free agency bidding.
I read a report somewhere that he will be back in 2 to 4 weeks. We dont know how true it is or how long he will last when he comes back. The knock on Tate has always been durability, but no matter which you take there are some risks.

With no current backup QB, I'm going Locker. Not sexy, but he could put together a top 10 season.

Also putting in claims for Brian Quick and Larry Donnell. Quick is in the classic Someone Has to Catch Passes Scenario, though we often see those not panning out. Donnell looks like he might be the only receiving option worth having in NYG (and this is coming from a Cruz owner).

I am already rostering Robert Woods, but if he was on the wire he'd be my top pickup at WR.

With no current backup QB, I'm going Locker. Not sexy, but he could put together a top 10 season.

Also putting in claims for Brian Quick and Larry Donnell. Quick is in the classic Someone Has to Catch Passes Scenario, though we often see those not panning out. Donnell looks like he might be the only receiving option worth having in NYG (and this is coming from a Cruz owner).

I am already rostering Robert Woods, but if he was on the wire he'd be my top pickup at WR.
Is Hurns on your wire? Where would you put him compared to that group?

Is Hurns on your wire? Where would you put him compared to that group?
Hurns is there but assuming he's gone. Honestly don't know much about him. I'm biased though as I like and own Lee. ;)

We don't even know if Tate is out this week, correct? Browns have been very tight lipped, so no real news until tomorrow's injury report. Crowell is still #3, while a Knile Davis is one play away from 20-25 guaranteed touches per game. Dunbar is probably change of pace guy regardless. Michael would share carries if Lynch went down.

I have Tate in 2 leagues and West backing him up in 1. I'm probably not looking to get Crowell (yet).

Im so lost on who I am grabbing...Team in sig and right now im getting West...hoping Tate misses couple weeks long enough to lose the job or if he comes back he goes down again...

As far as Hurns goes I'm a little bit torn... Knows the system... Eventually Henne turns it over to Bortles... Who is the rookie QBs best friend? Well it's probably the WR who knows the system the best... So my initial thoughts are to keep Hurns as a larger part of this offense for longer than people are expecting... I believe Shorts is a Free Agent after this season so long term there maybe some room for Hurns as well even if you like Lee or Robinson

ESPN apparently doesn't want me to pick up any of these gems. Their fn fantasy site has been "performing maintenance" for hours now, unable to submit bids/claims before the overnight processing. Nice timing.

Forsett has the immediate potential....whereas Crowell has more upside given he is only 21 years old and Forsett has been in the league for 8-9 years.

Thoughts?
its obv forsett. crowell is in a 3 headed backfield. he needs injuries to be productive fantasywise. forsett may take over the starter role and be worthwhile immediately.

I'm targeting James Stark and Marqise Lee as I'm pretty low priority on my wire. I thought Starks looked good against the Seahawks in a limited role and Lee had a solid game with 10 targets, 6 catches and 60+ yards. He should be a primary target in that offense.

am I crazy to think Jacquizz Rodgers, maybe,finally, has some value in FF? he looked damn good on Sunday, 13 first-half touches..

Shonn Greene if he's available

Pierce over Forsett.

Ahmad Bradshaw

Thoughts?
its obv forsett. crowell is in a 3 headed backfield. he needs injuries to be productive fantasywise. forsett may take over the starter role and be worthwhile immediately.
Phase 1, Needs Injuries: Complete

Forsett is in no better shape than The Crow at the present. Journeyman that lacks power and will split it up 3 ways himself and won't get many GL carries likely. In a PPR change of pace pass catching role he seems like he'd be ok as a deeper flex play, but w/o a TD you're at 10 points. Ravens look a little sloppy too. A better Def should lock Forsett down a bit more too.

Thoughts?
Phase 1, Needs Injuries: CompleteForsett is in no better shape than The Crow at the present. Journeyman that lacks power and will split it up 3 ways himself and won't get many GL carries likely. In a PPR change of pace pass catching role he seems like he'd be ok as a deeper flex play, but w/o a TD you're at 10 points. Ravens look a little sloppy too. A better Def should lock Forsett down a bit more too.
IMO you don't want anything to do with the Ravens backfield. This offence doesn't impress.

Thoughts?
Phase 1, Needs Injuries: CompleteForsett is in no better shape than The Crow at the present. Journeyman that lacks power and will split it up 3 ways himself and won't get many GL carries likely. In a PPR change of pace pass catching role he seems like he'd be ok as a deeper flex play, but w/o a TD you're at 10 points. Ravens look a little sloppy too. A better Def should lock Forsett down a bit more too.
IMO you don't want anything to do with this backfield. This offence doesn't impress.
Which offense? Browns or Ravens?

I see you are relatively new here. How about cleaning that signature up?

40+ lines is kind of out of hand.

Thoughts?
IMO you don't want anything to do with this backfield. This offence doesn't impress.
Which offense? Browns or Ravens?
So sorry, the Ravens I was referring to.

am I crazy to think Jacquizz Rodgers, maybe,finally, has some value in FF? he looked damn good on Sunday, 13 first-half touches..
:confused: He had 7 touches all game.

6 rush for 34 yards and 1 reception for 1 yard.

:confused: He had 7 touches all game.

6 rush for 34 yards and 1 reception for 1 yard.
The problem there is you have a 4 headed RBBC on a passing team it seems. He did catch a good amount of passes last season though putting up a few big games in the 20's, but that was w/o SJax, Freeman and Tone Smith involved much.

Users who are viewing this thread