What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Roethlerberger or Tua

Standard scoring.  

All the rankings have Tua higher.  Ben seems to have been better of late, gets the KC defense, and will probably have to throw a ton.  What am I missing?

Roethlerberger or Tua

Standard scoring.  

All the rankings have Tua higher.  Ben seems to have been better of late, gets the KC defense, and will probably have to throw a ton.  What am I missing?
You say gets KC defense likes that’s a good thing. Its definitely not. 

Whoa, just got an alert that Conner is a late scratch. I could start Edmonds (and Darius Leonard being out gives me a little more faith in the AZ offense) but think I'm going to stick with Gibson (or my alternatives if he sits). Still not totally sure I trust Edmonds.

You are to the point where you have to ask if you can even trust Kyler right now.  Hurts is a little bit hot but not real trustworthy either.
Exactly. And I need points.  Think I have to go Hurts hoping for rushing TDs.

Conner out and Darius Leonard out had me rethinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, just got an alert that Conner is a late scratch. I could start Edmonds (and Darius Leonard being out gives me a little more faith in the AZ offense) but think I'm going to stick with Gibson (or my alternatives if he sits). Still not totally sure I trust Edmonds.
I did it. I have a rule that I don't make substitutions within an hour before kickoff, so I subbed Edmonds in right before 7:20. The irony is that I acquired him midseason in a trade for Pittman, and I'm facing that team this week in the semis. Feels poetically just.

Make me proud, Chase!

Chase Edmonds over mixson tonight? TD heavy leage the recent injury to mixson has me concerned and chase will get volume tonight

For tomorrow: 

Three of Najee Harris, Justin Jackson, Joe Mixon, and James Robinson in full PPR. 

I'm leaning Jackson, Harris, and Robinson. 

Mixon's injury and facing Balt gives me pause not starting him, but I know he's the main back, unlike Jackson, who we only assume will be. 

Lamar/Huntley owner now need to pick up QB from this mess 😭

Third man up for BAL Josh Johnson @CIN, Trevor Lawrence @ NYJ, Zach Wilson vs JAX, Cam Newton vs TB, David Mills vs LAC, Boyle @ATL, Mac Jones vs BUF or Nick Foles @SEA

I can't see starting the 3rd string for Baltimore who has been on the team for a few weeks and was formerly 3rd string on the Jets. Leaning towards Mac Jones even thought they are going against Buffalo thinking that Belichek is usually well prepared for division opponents?? Think Foles might be ok but I do also have David Montgomery.

This is awful all around. Any thoughts?

rockaction said:
For tomorrow: 

Three of Najee Harris, Justin Jackson, Joe Mixon, and James Robinson in full PPR. 

I'm leaning Jackson, Harris, and Robinson. 

Mixon's injury and facing Balt gives me pause not starting him, but I know he's the main back, unlike Jackson, who we only assume will be. 
I would say Robinson for sure, and Mixon is the high risk/reward player of the remaining.  If you need a monster game, go Mixon +.  If you feel you have the advantage with the remainder of the roster, run out the other two.

Lamar/Huntley owner now need to pick up QB from this mess 😭

Third man up for BAL Josh Johnson @CIN, Trevor Lawrence @ NYJ, Zach Wilson vs JAX, Cam Newton vs TB, David Mills vs LAC, Boyle @ATL, Mac Jones vs BUF or Nick Foles @SEA

I can't see starting the 3rd string for Baltimore who has been on the team for a few weeks and was formerly 3rd string on the Jets. Leaning towards Mac Jones even thought they are going against Buffalo thinking that Belichek is usually well prepared for division opponents?? Think Foles might be ok but I do also have David Montgomery.

This is awful all around. Any thoughts?
You have more options than I (also lost BAL QBs).  I'd go with Foles.  Seattle, I believe, is fairly generous to opposing QBs.  And Foles has always been fairly good fantasy-wise.  I'd probably go Lawrence next

A couple decisions with some semi-interesting overlap.  Game should be fairly close with my opponent.

QB - Lost both BAL QBs.  Going to waivers.  J. Johnson (CIN), Z. Wilson (JAC), or Big Ben (KC).  Opponent has Mahomes.  I have Tyreek and KC Kicker.

Flex - J. Jackson, Javonte Williams, or DK Metcalf.  Opponent is playing J. Kelley.

Non PPR.

I would say Robinson for sure, and Mixon is the high risk/reward player of the remaining.  If you need a monster game, go Mixon +.  If you feel you have the advantage with the remainder of the roster, run out the other two.
Thanks. I went up against Taylor and Pittman tonight and one missed projections by half and the other exceeded by a few points, so that leaves me in a situation where I'm probably the favorite. I'll think about that accordingly. 

His team is stacked, though. Whoo boy. This'll be a tall effort. 

A couple decisions with some semi-interesting overlap.  Game should be fairly close with my opponent.

QB - Lost both BAL QBs.  Going to waivers.  J. Johnson (CIN), Z. Wilson (JAC), or Big Ben (KC).  Opponent has Mahomes.  I have Tyreek and KC Kicker.

Flex - J. Jackson, Javonte Williams, or DK Metcalf.  Opponent is playing J. Kelley.

Non PPR.
I think I'd hold my nose and go with Big Ben in the first scenario. Johnson looked good his only game with the Jets, but really, he's coming into Baltimore hoping to lead a unique offense to victory against a reasonably decent defense. Zach Wilson is mega-poop, and so is his line. Not to mention all his receivers besides Berrios are out. I'd skip the unknown on that one.  

Flex - It depends what you need. Javonte will get you around eight-ten points. He's got the highest floor. D.K. is playing the Bears and Jackson is playing Houston. Non-PPR? I probably go Jackson. 

Caveat emptor on the advice: My sit/start decisions are often shaky. 

Better play:  Fromm or Josh Johnson?

Had Lamar (then Huntley).  Down to scraps in a dynasty.  

I agree with this. The case for Mixon is probably a) potential game script if Josh Johnson struggles and the Bengals have a lot of possession time and b) the Ravens defense has been decimated all week. But I still have trouble fully trusting Mixon at less than 100% health (I personally have to go with him today). 

Jackson and Robinson do seem to be higher floor options and given the matchup I think Jackson has a nice ceiling too. 

Non PPR.
I’m in the same situation at QB and I’m going with Johnson. It makes me uneasy but I’m hoping for some rushing yards (given the Ravens scheme) to supplement whatever he does (or doesn’t) get passing. 

I’d say Metcalf if you need ceiling and Jackson for safer points. I think Jackson has a pretty good ceiling this week too, though. 

In my 16 team dynasty I have this lineup in right now (ppr, TE premium, flex):

Josh Johnson (lost Lamar and Huntely)

Mixon

Diontae/Lamb/Waddle

Andrews

Dolphins DST

I'm the underdog (against the hottest team in our league). The main question I have is whether I should switch any of my bench players in to diversity my lineup (3 players in the BAL/CIN game, 2 in the MIA/NO game).

My top bench players are C. Patterson (he's listed as a WR on MFL) and Goedert

I also picked up Lock but losing with Lock as my starter feels wrong.

ignatiusjreilly said:
I did it. I have a rule that I don't make substitutions within an hour before kickoff, so I subbed Edmonds in right before 7:20. The irony is that I acquired him midseason in a trade for Pittman, and I'm facing that team this week in the semis. Feels poetically just.

Make me proud, Chase!
:pickle:

(OK, fine, I’ll take it to the bragging thread.)  

Need a emergency WR in half PPR. Options are Boyd, Reynolds, Treadwell, Tyler Johnson or Hardman (I have Mahomes for a potential stack). Thanks! Good luck everyone!

With Josh Johnson starting in Bal, should I take out M Brown who has been subpar the last several weeks or will a new QB be able to get him the the ball? I’m already playing Andrews at TE.

others WR options are:

Thielen -  coming back from injury and now gets the rams

Mooney - Inconsistent 

DJ  Moore - Hammy and bad QB play

Navigating the same mess at QB. Seem to have more options though. Thought I was set when I picked up Huntley to replace Lamar. 

Slightly leaning Matt Ryan (hoping home at Lions is good for at least 200 and 2 TDs). Other options are Cam, Ben, Foles, Ravens, Trevor, Zack Wilson. 

Is Justin Fields 100% out? Would really like to see him announced as a surprise starter. I think he would be better than my other options. Weird that he’s out. 

QB question. Lost Lamar. Then Huntley. Opponent doing best to try and block me. Note: I"m a serious underdog after losing...like everyone...Godwin, Fournette, Ekeler, Andrews impacted. Ugh. Need ceiling.

Here are my options with 4 pts per TD pass:

* Tua @NO -- He's rated the best among these selections. Don't get it to be honest. NO D no joke. He'll have to throw since I doubt Gaskin/Duke can run on NO.

* M. Ryan vs DET -- At home. Indoors. Good matchup. DET starting Boyle at QB. Could mean more possessions for ATL. Feel like there is floor here, maybe ceiling too.

* Big Ben @KC -- Don't love Ben in this spot @KC. That D coming on.

* J. Johnson @CINCI -- Wild card. Don't know much about him. Starting #3 QB seems crazy. 

Which QB?

Thanks

Pick 2 of the following(limited options due to injuries and covid)ppr scoring

1) Antonio Gibson against Dal(possible gametime decision)

2) Michael Carter and Jacksonville(he is not on covid list right?)

3) Darrel Henderson jr against Min(role is less than earlier in the year)

4)rashad Penny vs Chi

with gibsons late game I think I have to go Carter and Henderson  maybe(hoping Henderson is more involved)

thanks

QB question. Lost Lamar. Then Huntley. Opponent doing best to try and block me. Note: I"m a serious underdog after losing...like everyone...Godwin, Fournette, Ekeler, Andrews impacted. Ugh. Need ceiling.

Here are my options with 4 pts per TD pass:

* Tua @NO -- He's rated the best among these selections. Don't get it to be honest. NO D no joke. He'll have to throw since I doubt Gaskin/Duke can run on NO.

* M. Ryan vs DET -- At home. Indoors. Good matchup. DET starting Boyle at QB. Could mean more possessions for ATL. Feel like there is floor here, maybe ceiling too.

* Big Ben @KC -- Don't love Ben in this spot @KC. That D coming on.

* J. Johnson @CINCI -- Wild card. Don't know much about him. Starting #3 QB seems crazy. 

Which QB?

Thanks
After watching the NO D last week I don't want any part of them so I would proably start Matt Ryan out of that group. I think he has the best chance to score points. If you want to be crazy than start Johnson but I think he was only signed a few weeks ago so they will probably have limited play calling capabilities. 

Pick 2 of the following(limited options due to injuries and covid)ppr scoring

1) Antonio Gibson against Dal(possible gametime decision)

2) Michael Carter and Jacksonville(he is not on covid list right?)

3) Darrel Henderson jr against Min(role is less than earlier in the year)

4)rashad Penny vs Chi

with gibsons late game I think I have to go Carter and Henderson  maybe(hoping Henderson is more involved)

thanks
I am in the same boat with Gibson so I moved him to flex and have another WR ready to go just in case.  Penny is going to get most of the work so I might start him over Henderson but it is close. 

Navigating the same mess at QB. Seem to have more options though. Thought I was set when I picked up Huntley to replace Lamar. 

Slightly leaning Matt Ryan (hoping home at Lions is good for at least 200 and 2 TDs). Other options are Cam, Ben, Foles, Ravens, Trevor, Zack Wilson. 

Is Justin Fields 100% out? Would really like to see him announced as a surprise starter. I think he would be better than my other options. Weird that he’s out. 
I would go with Ryan because the other options are too inconsistent. Fields has an ankle injury which limits his upside because he probably would not run as much. 

With Josh Johnson starting in Bal, should I take out M Brown who has been subpar the last several weeks or will a new QB be able to get him the the ball? I’m already playing Andrews at TE.

others WR options are:

Thielen -  coming back from injury and now gets the rams

Mooney - Inconsistent 

DJ  Moore - Hammy and bad QB play
Easy - Thielen if he is definitely playing 

Just read that Kelce is out, so I have to pick one of these two options.  Standard Scoring (non-PPR).

Kyle Pitts vs. DET

Darnell Mooney @ SEA 

Thanks in advance!

Need a emergency WR in half PPR. Options are Zay Jones, Callaway, Tim Patrick or Hardman (I have Mahomes for a potential stack). Thanks! Good luck everyone!
I wouldn't trust Callaway based on the QB situation. Kelce is out but it doesn't seem like Hardman is trusted anymore by Mahomes. Based on QB playI would probably go Jones but Patrick would be a close second.

With Cole Beasley and Gabe Davis OUT, would anyone dare to start Knox over Barkley?   His target share (along with Diggs) should be outstanding today.  Plus, Booker is getting more run than he should, but may be because Barkley isn't 100% (ankle).

ESPN PPR league  need to play 2 of these 3 at WR.

Tyler Lockett, DJ Moore, Antonio Brown   
I would start Brown for sure given Evans and Godwin are out.  Moore's hamstring could act up at anytime even if he is active, so I would start Lockett over Moore, but that could obviously backfire.

For anyone looking at Seattle or Chicago players, there is fairly heavy snow in Seattle.  I live 10 minutes from downtown and there's already ~4 inches, it's still going and isn't supposed to warm up until later in the week.

Desperate at RB2 slot..

need one in 0.5 PPR

rex burkhead vs LAC

brandon bolden vs BUF

Jordan Howard vs PHI

Need a emergency WR in half PPR. Options are Boyd, Reynolds, Treadwell, Tyler Johnson or Hardman (I have Mahomes for a potential stack). Thanks! Good luck everyone!
Boyd vs depleted Ravens is doable. Treadwell is also surprisingly a reliable option if want safe floor lol

Users who are viewing this thread