What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

D question.

* TB D @CAR -- Good matchup. Think we may see a combo of Cam and Darnold...which can't be good for that offense. DJ Moore also looks banged up. TB offense may be a bit clunkier than usual so maybe this game stays closer than expected vs. frantic comeback effort.

or

* PHI D vs NYG -- Another good matchup. Not sure if Fromme in at QB or Glennon. Either way, good for PHI D. That said, PHI didn't do much in a smash spot against WASH and don't think they did much in last matchup against NYG either. NYG do have weapons.

Note: I'm projected to lose so looking for ceiling.

Which?

I'm definitely leaning in one direction...

Thanks

This feels like an easy call to me. TB will probably hold CAR under 20 points and should have multiple sacks and force multiple turnovers, giving them a chance at a Defensive TD. I'd go with Tampa. 

We’re starting Swift/Gibson/Miles Sanders if they’re active right?

Gibson is tough because he plays Sunday night. If you're counting on him you probably need to have Patterson rostered as well, and even if Gibson does play, it's a tough matchup and he could aggravate the toe and get you very little. 

Gibson is tough because he plays Sunday night. If you're counting on him you probably need to have Patterson rostered as well, and even if Gibson does play, it's a tough matchup and he could aggravate the toe and get you very little. 
That’s a good point. The league where I have Gibson is a deep dynasty and there are basically 0 players on waivers and I have no one Sunday night/Monday night in that league. The best I can do is like pivot to Mooney in the late afternoon game. 

That’s a good point. The league where I have Gibson is a deep dynasty and there are basically 0 players on waivers and I have no one Sunday night/Monday night in that league. The best I can do is like pivot to Mooney in the late afternoon game. 

I have Gibson and am likely going to sit him. I got really lucky this week and got both R. Jones and Justin Jackson off WW and will start them along with Chubb and CEH. Understand that there are probably no good RB options on the wire in a deep dynasty. Any sneaky receivers out there? 

I have Gibson and am likely going to sit him. I got really lucky this week and got both R. Jones and Justin Jackson off WW and will start them along with Chubb and CEH. Understand that there are probably no good RB options on the wire in a deep dynasty. Any sneaky receivers out there? 
No WR of any worth out there. Actually surprisingly Duke Johnson is available. I’m going to bid on him as a contingency. 

Defense- Pats, Saints or Eagles? I know Giants are starting Fromm, but Eagles haven’t been that great. Saints are hot and even though they haven’t been great much of the year, at home against a mistake-prone Tua seems like the play to me? 

Kamara / Mattison / Ro Jo / J Jackson / Harris / Swift -> That order right?

I benched AJ last night, so I'm over thinking here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamara / Mattison / Ro Jo / J Jackson / Harris / Swift -> That order right?

I benched AJ last night, so I'm over thinking here.

If Ekeler does not play, I am half tempted to say Jackson >  Jones. But you've got a similar quandary to me - too many RBs, lol. I need to start 4 of CEH/Chubb/Jones/Jackson/Gibson. I'm leaning toward sitting Gibson since he's a GTD and it's Sunday night. 

Standard scoring non-per league.

Antonio Brown or Higgins as WR2?

For flex, please choose between:

Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones or Damien Harris.

Tough choices. Thanks for the help and Happy Holidays to All!!

I commented a few weeks ago that the biggest difference with fantasy this year is that in previous years we had lineup decisions, but this year it seems like every week I have a decision flowchart.

Here's my current flowchart for the one league that I'm still alive in. I've mostly made most of my decisions, so the main purpose of this post is to help organize my thoughts, though hopefully others will find it useful to hear my thought process on some of these players.

PPR league, start 2 RBs, 2WRs, 1 flex

• Tyreek Hill -- definitely in if he comes off Covid list in time
  • Antonio Gibson -- most likely in as RB2 if he plays. Don't love the matchup @ Dallas, especially because he could get pulled if the game turns into a blowout, but I feel like by this point in the season, we're at the "Dance with the fella what brung ya" stage of lineup decisions. The other complication is that he doesn't play until Sunday night
  • Justin Jackson -- in if Ekeler sits, which appears likely
  • DeVante Parker -- in as WR2 if Hill sits. If Hill plays, I could use Parker as flex, but I don't love the matchup. He'd probably get shadowed by Lattimore, and NO is weakest covering the slot, so I figure Waddle will be the one getting fed
  • Chase Edmonds -- probably in if Conner sits (which seems unlikely). Issue is that he plays on Saturday, so I might not know the status of the other guys. If Conner plays, I don't think I can risk him, especially with a tough matchup vs Indy
  • Other options: Ideally I won't have to use any of these guys, but if I do this would probably be the order of priority:

Michel @ Minnesota -- love the matchup, though there is still some risk that he hasn't actually supplanted Henderson as everyone assumes.
  • Penny @ Chicago -- another good matchup, but he's super hard to trust
  • Gordon @ LV -- this is kind of an unusual situation. He was bizarrely dropped yesterday (by a team in the playoffs!  :shrug: ) so I can put in a claim but won't know if I get him until Sunday morning. If I do I would probably have a decision between him, Gibson and Michel (but above Edmonds and Penny). Great matchup, but he's obviously splitting the work, and it's possible Denver's offense falls off a cliff with Lock at QB

The nightmare scenario would be if I use Parker as my WR2 and hold out for Gibson at flex, and then he gets announced as out after all my other options have already played. I guess at that point I have to pick up Jaret Patterson? Duke Johnson? Really hope it doesn't come to that. Hopefully I'll have some level of clarity by Sunday morning.

With Hilliard hurting me on Thursday and now Freiermuth out, I’m favored to lose (320 to 302) so I need to be appropriately aggressive. 

Superflex, PPR, TE premium, 6 points for all TDs

QB2 : Big Ben at KC, Tyler Huntley at CIN

Flex (pick 2) : Jordan Howard vs NYG, Latavius Murray at CIN, Mark Ingram vs MIA, Deandre Carter at Dallas (Return yards same as pass/rushing yards), Isaiah McKenzie at NE with no Beasley and no Davis

With Hilliard hurting me on Thursday and now Freiermuth out, I’m favored to lose (320 to 302) so I need to be appropriately aggressive. 

Superflex, PPR, TE premium, 6 points for all TDs

QB2 : Big Ben at KC, Tyler Huntley at CIN

Flex (pick 2) : Jordan Howard vs NYG, Latavius Murray at CIN, Mark Ingram vs MIA, Deandre Carter at Dallas (Return yards same as pass/rushing yards), Isaiah McKenzie at NE with no Beasley and no Davis

There isn't much upside in those choices, but being projected to lose by 18 points in a league where you're putting up 300 plus is a rounding error. I'd be inclined to go Huntley/Howard/Ingram. 

There isn't much upside in those choices, but being projected to lose by 18 points in a league where you're putting up 300 plus is a rounding error. I'd be inclined to go Huntley/Howard/Ingram. 
Thanks. We legit start 22 (11 offense & defense). DL on Thursday didn’t help but my entire offense is on IR so unfortunately starting flex/backup everywhere on that side. 

Currently had Huntley, Howard, and Murray but don’t love any of the RB options, which is why I wasn’t ruling out considering a return primary guy like Carter or McKenzie who might also sneak in a decent floor of receptions. 

QB: Hurts or Huntley

WR: St. Brown, McLaurin, or Mooney (0.5 PPR)

In this match-up, my opponent got off to a slow start last night with Tannehill, Foreman, and Kittle. He still has Kupp and the Dallas defense among others that can put up big numbers.

QB: Fields or Huntley

WR: St. Brown, McLaurin, or Mooney (0.5 PPR)

In this match-up, my opponent got off to a slow start last night with Tannehill, Foreman, and Kittle. He still has Kupp and the Dallas defense among others that can put up big numbers.
Huntley and St. Brown

Fields is out and Foles is starting so not a fan on Mooney in that scenario. Terry hasn’t been the same this year and wouldn’t trust him right now. 

A question I never thought I would ask at the beginning of the year, Non PPR:

S. Barkley vs PHI or M. Carter vs JAX

A question I never thought I would ask at the beginning of the year, Non PPR:

S. Barkley vs PHI or M. Carter vs JAX
Carter.. and i feel like it's not close.. I feel like Eagles are gonna stack the box and dare Jake Fromm to beat them, which he can't.

Kyler Murray vs Tyler Huntley.

Huntley and St. Brown

Fields is out and Foles is starting so not a fan on Mooney in that scenario. Terry hasn’t been the same this year and wouldn’t trust him right now. 
Sorry, I meant Hurts, not Fields (edited it now). I do think St. Brown will still get targets with Boyle/Blough, so I tend to agree with you there.

OK, playoff time, all teams ravaged by coof so some of this might not be pretty. Full PPR, need a WR and flex:

• Hendo vs Vikings
  • Boyd vs Ravens
  • Treadwell @ Jets
  • Freeman @ Bungles
Leaning bench Laquon, but there's a few projections that love him with Shenault out. That said, I don't see how the Jags will need to pass the ball a huge amount and I'm starting JRob anyway. Not really considering Freeman but he's at least a viable option

Half PPR, rank these:

• Sanders vs Giants
  • Metcalf vs Bears
  • Gage vs Lions
  • St-Brown @ Falcons
Leaning Sanders, but might need an additional flex if Conner does not play tonight

Half PPR, need a WR:

• McLaurin @ Cowboys
  • Parker @ Saints
  • Gallup vs WFT
  • St-Brown @ Falcons
I think this is an easy McLaurin, but could do with a second option in case Mixon is for whatever reason inactive

Embarrassment of riches

Need 2

C Patterson (det), C Edmonds (ind), RoJo (car)

Need 1

Waddle (no), Van Jefferson (mn)

OK, playoff time, all teams ravaged by coof so some of this might not be pretty. Full PPR, need a WR and flex:

• Hendo vs Vikings
  • Boyd vs Ravens
  • Treadwell @ Jets
  • Freeman @ Bungles
Leaning bench Laquon, but there's a few projections that love him with Shenault out. That said, I don't see how the Jags will need to pass the ball a huge amount and I'm starting JRob anyway. Not really considering Freeman but he's at least a viable option

Half PPR, rank these:

• Sanders vs Giants
  • Metcalf vs Bears
  • Gage vs Lions
  • St-Brown @ Falcons
Leaning Sanders, but might need an additional flex if Conner does not play tonight

Half PPR, need a WR:

• McLaurin @ Cowboys
  • Parker @ Saints
  • Gallup vs WFT
  • St-Brown @ Falcons
I think this is an easy McLaurin, but could do with a second option in case Mixon is for whatever reason inactive

Henderson

St Brown

McLauren if Heinke back - otherwise St Brown

I’m starting:

Tyler Huntley QB        

Braxton Berrios WR3

Jared Cook / Gerald Everett coin flip

Could not have seen that coming two weeks ago

ETA

I still have no idea who will be my RB2 & Flex. Some combination of Swift, Pollard, Javonte, and/or Craig Reynolds. I’m not going to ask WSIS bc I’m quite certain we don’t have enough info to answer yet.

Craziest week ever.

We’re starting Swift/Gibson/Miles Sanders if they’re active right?
Probably wrt D’Andre

But I have Craig Reynolds and he’s in the mix - depends in last minute info (we found out they would lean on Netflix less than an hour before kickoff two weeks ago)

No WR of any worth out there. Actually surprisingly Duke Johnson is available. I’m going to bid on him as a contingency. 
Duke is still available in my long time 18x12 league 

Impossible to trust but still surprised no one picked him up

I have Brandin Cooks at my WR2 slot. Do I give up on him and play someone today (best options are AJ Green and Lazard), or give him a shot to be cleared tomorrow, and go with one of these guys if he can’t (Boyd, Marvin Jones or Treadwell)?

Half PPR. Remaining starters are:

Mahomes 
James Robinson 
Mattison 
Davante Adams 
Ronald Jones (flex)
Ertz
Bucs or Dolphins D
Zuerlein

Thanks!

PPR league. Need a second flex among some non palatable options:

* J. Howard vs. NYG -- Great matchup. Sanders hasn't practiced but apparently will be playing. Unclear if he still has a quad issue. Howard should still see touches in what looks to be a great gamescript. Ceiling not very high due to PPR, but he could fall into the endzone.

* L. Treadwell @NYJ -- Been surprisingly consistent the last few weeks. Looks to be Lawrence's top target. Shenault is out. Jax SHOULD be able to move the ball against the Jets on the ground and that could open things up. Dreadful offense, but the matchup is there.

* J. Kelley vs HOU -- I'm an Ekeler owner. In the case he's out, I could throw Kelley in there hoping he splits with Jackson. Could be a lot of touches to go around in a potential blowout.

* A. Abdullah vs TB -- Could get the dumpoffs since you can't really run at TB. This offense could be dreadful though as it sounds like both Cam and Darnold could be playing. Ugh.

* J. Patterson vs DAL -- Would only be an option if Gibson declared out.

* B. Berrios vs JAX -- Last man standing it seems (although K. Cole also there). E. Moore and Crowder out. Could get targets.

Which dice roll do you go with?

Thanks

* J. Howard vs. NYG -- Great matchup. Sanders hasn't practiced but apparently will be playing. Unclear if he still has a quad issue. Howard should still see touches in what looks to be a great gamescript. Ceiling not very high due to PPR, but he could fall into the endzone.

* L. Treadwell @NYJ -- Been surprisingly consistent the last few weeks. Looks to be Lawrence's top target. Shenault is out. Jax SHOULD be able to move the ball against the Jets on the ground and that could open things up. Dreadful offense, but the matchup is there.

* J. Kelley vs HOU -- I'm an Ekeler owner. In the case he's out, I could throw Kelley in there hoping he splits with Jackson. Could be a lot of touches to go around in a potential blowout.

* A. Abdullah vs TB -- Could get the dumpoffs since you can't really run at TB. This offense could be dreadful though as it sounds like both Cam and Darnold could be playing. Ugh.

* B. Berrios vs JAX -- Last man standing it seems (although K. Cole also there). E. Moore and Crowder out. Could get targets.

Thanks

Since WSH plays at 8:20 tomorrow, you can't really wait on Patterson. Howard seems like the safest option here. 

Since WSH plays at 8:20 tomorrow, you can't really wait on Patterson. Howard seems like the safest option here. 

Thanks. Feel like it's between Howard and Treadwell.

Although this info on WFT elevating Smallwood may mean Gibson sits and Patterson is an option.

WENDELL SMALLWOODRB, WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM

Washington elevated RB Wendall Smallwood to the active roster.

It's not a good sign for Antonio Gibson's (questionable, turf toe) status. Smallwood, who missed Week 15 on the COVID list, will be part of committee with Jaret Patterson and Jonathan Williams if Gibson sits.

Dec 25, 2021, 1:24 PM ET

MERRY NEW YEAR!!!!

Big thanks everyone for continuing to contribute to this thread. 

Good luck everyone!

Thanks
Let he who can not count on Treadwell cast the first stone

I commented a few weeks ago that the biggest difference with fantasy this year is that in previous years we had lineup decisions, but this year it seems like every week I have a decision flowchart.

Here's my current flowchart for the one league that I'm still alive in. I've mostly made most of my decisions, so the main purpose of this post is to help organize my thoughts, though hopefully others will find it useful to hear my thought process on some of these players.

PPR league, start 2 RBs, 2WRs, 1 flex

• Tyreek Hill -- definitely in if he comes off Covid list in time
  • Antonio Gibson -- most likely in as RB2 if he plays. Don't love the matchup @ Dallas, especially because he could get pulled if the game turns into a blowout, but I feel like by this point in the season, we're at the "Dance with the fella what brung ya" stage of lineup decisions. The other complication is that he doesn't play until Sunday night
  • Justin Jackson -- in if Ekeler sits, which appears likely
  • DeVante Parker -- in as WR2 if Hill sits. If Hill plays, I could use Parker as flex, but I don't love the matchup. He'd probably get shadowed by Lattimore, and NO is weakest covering the slot, so I figure Waddle will be the one getting fed
  • Chase Edmonds -- probably in if Conner sits (which seems unlikely). Issue is that he plays on Saturday, so I might not know the status of the other guys. If Conner plays, I don't think I can risk him, especially with a tough matchup vs Indy
  • Other options: Ideally I won't have to use any of these guys, but if I do this would probably be the order of priority:

Michel @ Minnesota -- love the matchup, though there is still some risk that he hasn't actually supplanted Henderson as everyone assumes.
  • Penny @ Chicago -- another good matchup, but he's super hard to trust
  • Gordon @ LV -- this is kind of an unusual situation. He was bizarrely dropped yesterday (by a team in the playoffs!  :shrug: ) so I can put in a claim but won't know if I get him until Sunday morning. If I do I would probably have a decision between him, Gibson and Michel (but above Edmonds and Penny). Great matchup, but he's obviously splitting the work, and it's possible Denver's offense falls off a cliff with Lock at QB

The nightmare scenario would be if I use Parker as my WR2 and hold out for Gibson at flex, and then he gets announced as out after all my other options have already played. I guess at that point I have to pick up Jaret Patterson? Duke Johnson? Really hope it doesn't come to that. Hopefully I'll have some level of clarity by Sunday morning.
With Tyreek back and Ekeler out, best-case scenario for me so far. Now my only remaining decision is at flex: Gibson (if he plays), Gordon (if I get him), Michel or Parker. As of right now, I have them in that order, but I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning once I know more. I'm a big favorite after Thursday night (my Deebo/his Kittle), so I could see going with Gordon over Gibson for the higher floor

1 pt PPR league.  Pick 2 of these RB’s:

Alexander Mattison vs Rams

Javonte Williams at Raiders

Joe Mixon vs Ravens

Miles Sanders vs Giants

Saquon Barkley at Eagles

Projected close match, and going against Taylor and Chubb, who play tonight.  Also have Swift, but not confident about his usage, if active. Could also play 3 of these guys, as I’ve also got Lamb, Renfrow and Metcalf in starting lineup (start 2 wr’s).  His qb is Wilson. 

thanks in advance! 

16 team standard non-ppr

Josh Johnson @CIN

Taylor Heinicke @DAL

Nick Foles @SEA

Cam v. TB

Seriously, those are my choices left for a semi-final after deuces from my Lamar and Huntley tandem.

Users who are viewing this thread