What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

As there an scenario where Zeke would sit next week?  McFadden in as the #2 (and with a couple carries), Morris inactive tonight.

I'd say Kenny Stills of the Dolphins. 

Looks like he's passed Devante Parker in the pecking order.   Buffalo's secondary can certainly be had.   

I'd say Kenny Stills of the Dolphins. 

Looks like he's passed Devante Parker in the pecking order.   Buffalo's secondary can certainly be had.   
I mentioned him in the Dynasty Stash thread. He's a FA after this year so I'm not sure where he sits in relation to Parker matters all that much. He's 24 and I think he'll be looking for a new team next year... Philly needs a deep threat if they don't poach Jackson from Washington. 

This week didn't help clear things up in regards to who was the "WR to own" in this offense...Tyrell or Inman.  Both might be startable on the same roster next week.
This. Tyrell had 9 targets and many were down field attempts. I would give the slight edge to Inman in PPR due to his role though. 

Ryan Griffin - HOU worth a look?  Any word on C.J. Fiedorowicz?

Griffin caught all 8 targets for 85 yards, most from Savage.

Any other TE's worth looking at.  Started Pitta the last 2 weeks with hardly anything, losing Gronk was huge.  Other than that I'm looking at Doyle or Tye.

rick6668 said:

Any other TE's worth looking at.  Started Pitta the last 2 weeks with hardly anything, losing Gronk was huge.  Other than that I'm looking at Doyle or Tye.
Clay if he's available? Has another good match-up with Miami. I'm thinking of trying to get him just to block my opponent, who's been rolling Kendrick out there.

My WRs still suck, and there are a couple decent options on the WW (Anderson, Lockett), but I'm not sure I can see myself starting any of them, especially since my projected starters all have good match-ups (Tyrell @ Cle, Mitchell vs NYJ, Gabriel vs Car).

Although I do notice that my opponent started Thielen last week, so I might need to target one of those guys to block her.

No even with a win they didn't clinch the division thanks to the giants win
New York plays at Philly on Thursday. Dallas plays on Monday.

If New York loses, Dallas has several days to contemplate what they will do. I'd say pray for a Giants win.

I do not remember trying to find a starting RB in week 16 in all my years of FF.  I'm probably not alone. Sort of a fitting end to this season. 
Desperation options for this week might include Turbin, Henry and Perkins. Not great options but one can tell a story where these guys might actually work out. Perkins especially seems to be improving every week and close to breaking one. Guy runs with surprising power.

I mentioned him in the Dynasty Stash thread. He's a FA after this year so I'm not sure where he sits in relation to Parker matters all that much. He's 24 and I think he'll be looking for a new team next year... Philly needs a deep threat if they don't poach Jackson from Washington. 
Stills isn't available in my leagues but I'd love to see the Titans poach another Dolphins receiver.  Stills might be exactly the kind of receiver the Titans can afford, would be willing to pay, and help Mariota.   

Shocked that Ty Montgomery is on our wire.  I'm blowing the rest if my budget on him. If he plays RB but I can slot him as a WR, that's fantasy gold.

Shocked that Ty Montgomery is on our wire.  I'm blowing the rest if my budget on him. If he plays RB but I can slot him as a WR, that's fantasy gold.
My opponent has eighty more FA bucks than I do. Montgomery sits on our wire. I hope he has a long week at work.

rick6668 said:

If Fedoro can't go I'm definitely targeting Griffin

I was going to pick him up last week, but the worst guy I could drop was Malcolm Mitchell or Theo Riddick (PPR). Guess I should have, but short bench leagues he may be out there after disappointing for a few weeks.

Some leagues still have Hunter Henry in the wire. Could be a good play vs CLE who get smoked by TEs
Not sure what to make of SD TE situation. We've been hearing for weeks that Gates is only 3 TDs from the record and they want him to get it. But he got no RZ looks last week and HH got the touchdown.

Which is to say, it seems like this would be the perfect week to feed Gates until he pukes. But maybe there's something we don't know, like Gates only bought presents for seven of Rivers' eight kids and so now he refuses to throw to him.

If you play dynasty leagues, now is the time to think about next year when you're deciding who to add off the waiver wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what to make of SD TE situation. We've been hearing for weeks that Gates is only 3 TDs from the record and they want him to get it. But he got no RZ looks last week and HH got the touchdown.

Which is to say, it seems like this would be the perfect week to feed Gates until he pukes. But maybe there's something we don't know, like Gates only bought presents for seven of Rivers' eight kids and so now he refuses to throw to him.
They have stopped throwing to Gates in the Red Zone almost completely which is odd since that's arguably the one thing he can still do well. This has been going on for the past 4-5 games now. His RZ targets have dried up almost completely. Of course, the second you stop believing in him he'll probably cash in but if you're going off recent game production there's now about 4-5 games in a row with little Red Zone work for Gates. He only got two targets the entire game against Oakland. And it's not like the Chargers have been facing the '85 Bears in this stretch either. There have been several good TE matchups but Rivers just isn't looking for him anymore.

Again, could all that change with only 2 games left and the record still out there? Absolutely. But to this point any desire to get Gates the record hasn't resulted in actual on-field targets and production in the Red Zone lately. 

This coming week. If the giants lose to philly on thursday. Dallas clinches the division and home field advantage in the playoffs. So the monday game could be meaningless to them 
Zeke has a chance to break the rookie rushing record. He is going to eat, sorry in advance if you are playing Zeke this week.

Alfred Blue for those of you who own Lamar Miller. At least until Miller's status is made clear.

They have stopped throwing to Gates in the Red Zone almost completely which is odd since that's arguably the one thing he can still do well. This has been going on for the past 4-5 games now. His RZ targets have dried up almost completely. Of course, the second you stop believing in him he'll probably cash in but if you're going off recent game production there's now about 4-5 games in a row with little Red Zone work for Gates. He only got two targets the entire game against Oakland. And it's not like the Chargers have been facing the '85 Bears in this stretch either. There have been several good TE matchups but Rivers just isn't looking for him anymore.

Again, could all that change with only 2 games left and the record still out there? Absolutely. But to this point any desire to get Gates the record hasn't resulted in actual on-field targets and production in the Red Zone lately. 
Hope it changes this week; with Green possibly out with a concussion & SD playing Cleveland, I have to play him.

Hope it changes this week; with Green possibly out with a concussion & SD playing Cleveland, I have to play him.
I have Green and Gates in a league and will be going after Clay or Griffin if CJ is out. Just can't trust Gates anymore. No denying the possible upside and the matchup is great but again he's had a bunch of great matchups lately and Rivers just won't throw to him anymore. If you start him - and it'll be a huge upset if Green plays after a concussion - good luck. Hope it works out but I just can't do it.  

I have Green and Gates in a league and will be going after Clay or Griffin if CJ is out. Just can't trust Gates anymore. No denying the possible upside and the matchup is great but again he's had a bunch of great matchups lately and Rivers just won't throw to him anymore. If you start him - and it'll be a huge upset if Green plays after a concussion - good luck. Hope it works out but I just can't do it.  
I get it-Gates has been bad the last couple weeks.  My league doesn't do WW after our regular season ends, so if/when Green is out, it's got to be Gates.  Have to cross my fingers and hope he gets a TD.

Really slim pickings this week. Gonna have to roll with who got us here.
This.  Playing for 3rd.  Whats odd is I've made 40 waiver moves this year, yet the team I'm putting out on this last week has 7 of 9 players as drafted...

Users who are viewing this thread