What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Higgins seems like the must start of the three. Three 100+ yard games in a row on 29 targets & 2 TDs. He may finally have become the #1 WR in Cinci.

I would argue that Penny has more upside because he has less competition and he has been impressive in each of the very few times he has gotten 12+ opportunities. But he's definitely a bigger risk.

Truth is there isn't really a wrong answer in your choices, but there may be negative outcomes.

Higgins>Penny>Javonte 
yeah that's hard to bench any one of those 3

Javonte or Beckham full ppr. I’m only down about 60 so far so need a 30-40 burger.
I don't think either of those guys gets you 30-40 points.

I probably go

OBJ>Javonte but wouldn't blame you if you feel differently.

Higgins seems like the must start of the three. Three 100+ yard games in a row on 29 targets & 2 TDs. He may finally have become the #1 WR in Cinci.

I would argue that Penny has more upside because he has less competition and he has been impressive in each of the very few times he has gotten 12+ opportunities. But he's definitely a bigger risk.

Truth is there isn't really a wrong answer in your choices, but there may be negative outcomes.

Higgins>Penny>Javonte 
Yeah thats what kills me.  Im all in on Javonte right now.  It may burn me.  And Higgins has been too good.  

My way to also compensate for covid risk  right now…having Penny on my bench.  Having Kupp in at flex while starting Higgins at WR.  That way if something comes up between now and Monday/Tuesday to Kupp or Justin Jefferson…I can slip Penny in at flex.

Have Penny and Higgins neck and neck really.    

yeah that's hard to bench any one of those 3
 Yes its good to have this problem…but makes it hard.

And freaking Boswell just absolutely killing me right now outscoring Kyler Murray

Last edited by a moderator:
Melvin gordon or aaron jones? 0.5 ppr
Good options IMO. But definitely a tough call.

The Broncos offense runs through the backfield IMO and Gordon leads that backfield by a small margin. He has been productive with his opportunities too. I am a little bearish on the Broncos backfield this week but I am also bearish on the Packs backfield too.

Jones has not gotten a ton of touches really since week 9 but with the injury it is tough to figure if it's because of injury or that Dillon has pushed him to a 1a/b role. But he can still score TDs in bunches. Then again Melvin is no slouch at finding the end zone.

My gut says

Gordon>Jones but just barely.

Yeah thats what kills me.  Im all in on Javonte right now.  It may burn me.  And Higgins has been too good.  
Nothing wrong with being big on Javonte, he's earned it. 

I am struggling with him too but am sticking with J.Jacobs & Penny. 

It isn't an easy call at all.

Good options IMO. But definitely a tough call.

The Broncos offense runs through the backfield IMO and Gordon leads that backfield by a small margin. He has been productive with his opportunities too. I am a little bearish on the Broncos backfield this week but I am also bearish on the Packs backfield too.

Jones has not gotten a ton of touches really since week 9 but with the injury it is tough to figure if it's because of injury or that Dillon has pushed him to a 1a/b role. But he can still score TDs in bunches. Then again Melvin is no slouch at finding the end zone.

My gut says

Gordon>Jones but just barely.
Yes close…my gut goes the other way(but may also be because Im a Packers fan and also need Jones to have a big game for me)

I want to thank everybody who told me to start Brandin Cooks today!!!

Oh, wait, I did that. 

Thanks anyway, fellas. 

Nothing wrong with being big on Javonte, he's earned it. 

I am struggling with him too but am sticking with J.Jacobs & Penny. 

It isn't an easy call at all.
Yeah tough calls to make.  Especially with the early games not going well.  3 leagues and none going great so far.  And for one if them to go well likely sinks my other 2.  One of those already being sunk by Cooks against me and Najee and Knox doing nothing.

Last second D question:

* TB D @NO -- No Payton play calling. Although NO seems to have TBs number. NO strength on offense is also TB's strength on D.

or

* PHI vs Wash -- Wash with covid issues, but may be improved by kickoff. PHI coming off bye. Good spot at home for them, but this is one of those "mediocre D with good matchup" situations.

Which?

Thanks

Last second D question:

* TB D @NO -- No Payton play calling. Although NO seems to have TBs number. NO strength on offense is also TB's strength on D.

or

* PHI vs Wash -- Wash with covid issues, but may be improved by kickoff. PHI coming off bye. Good spot at home for them, but this is one of those "mediocre D with good matchup" situations.

Which?

Thanks
Just went through a similar decision and chose Green Bay over PHI. Think I'm regretting it a bit. The problem is that the key is the viral load of the Washington QBs and other guys. The NFL darn changed their rules to accommodate stuff like this. And, just like you thought regarding your decision, PHI isn't that great of defense, actually. 

I don't like TB D against NO, really, but then again, Taysom Hill...whoa. 

I'd go with Philly, but it could burn you. 

Tampa's defense is also only 17th in DVOA against the rush, believe it or not. 

Last second D question:

or

Which?

Thanks
Bucs are at home.

With Payton not on the sidelines I like the Bucs quite a bit. I could be overestimating the impact of no Payton but I have massive respect for him as an offensive mind and play caller.

There are so many moving parts in the Philly game, we don't know which QB will be playing for WFT, or much of anything else. Philly isn't a great defense, their fantasy numbers are good because they have scored a lot of TDs but I view that as a fluke stat and should not be relied upon.  I look at sacks, fumbles & Insta as far more informative. But there is enough chaos in WFT that I think even if Heineke plays there is a chance WFT simply isn't ready to roll.

Close call, I think I lean

TB>Phi but not a terrible call if you wait on Phili

I need double digits out of a defense just to have a chance.  My choices are:

Philly v WFT

Rams v Seattle
Monitor the WFT QBs and make your decision at the last possible moment. I've got it as a little skewed towards Philly if they're starting a QB off of the street, but that's just me. 

What's the D scoring like? 

Monitor the WFT QBs and make your decision at the last possible moment. I've got it as a little skewed towards Philly if they're starting a QB off of the street, but that's just me. 

What's the D scoring like? 
Sacks 1

Turnovers 2

Tiered point system based on opposing team points

Defensive touchdowns

Fairly standard

Sacks 1

Turnovers 2

Tiered point system based on opposing team points

Defensive touchdowns

Fairly standard
Yeah, tiered point system is what I was wondering, because if you're going straight sacks and turnovers, then you have a more serious argument in favor of Philly, because Russ isn't going to get sacked or turn it over too much compared to a guy off of the street. 

The more I write, the more I would wait and see who the QB is. If it's Gilbert, or Shurmur, or somebody from a squad somewhere, I'd have to start Philly. 

I have a 12 point lead heading into the games today with Renfrow, Mooney and a QB still left to play. My opponent has Montgomery and G. Everett left to play. My QB choices are Stafford, Wilson and Mullens. Do I start Mullens to avoid COVID possibly causing the Rams/Seahawks game from being played or either of the 2 QBs in that game from being added to the COVID list and pulling a zero at that position, or just roll with Stafford and hope for the best?

Panic question here. Had been sitting pretty on a bye until all hell has broken loose and I'm potentially minus L. Jackson, Fournette, Godwin (out for sure), and now Ekeler on Covid. Yikes.

Assuming no more injuries I'd have:

* QB: T. Huntley

* RB1: D. Montgomery

* RB2: R. Penny

* WR 1: S. Diggs

* WR2: M. Pittman

* Flex1: R. Jones

* Flex2: Empty

Looking to fill that last flex spot. On the wire still and not playing until tmrw is J. Howard who should get touches and faces the NYG this coming weekend. I could drop the PHI D (who also faces the NYG) and roll with TB (@CAR) or KC (vs PIT).

However, I know who I'll be facing and I know he'll be looking for a D. Currently has LAR @MN. Not great. Not terrible, but If I were him I'd go after the PHI D possibly against Fromme.

Knowing how much I need bodies vs. how random Ds can be, thinking of grabbing Howard just to ensure I have a warm body in my second flex.

Thinking straight? Or hold?

Thanks

The Dude said:
I need double digits out of a defense just to have a chance.  My choices are:

Philly v WFT

Rams v Seattle
Probably Philly. WFT looks to have had a disrupted week at the very least.  

Seattle v Rams is always a tough out for both teams and Russ doesn't make a lot of mistakes 

Philly>LAR

roarlions said:
I have a 12 point lead heading into the games today with Renfrow, Mooney and a QB still left to play. My opponent has Montgomery and G. Everett left to play. My QB choices are Stafford, Wilson and Mullens. Do I start Mullens to avoid COVID possibly causing the Rams/Seahawks game from being played or either of the 2 QBs in that game from being added to the COVID list and pulling a zero at that position, or just roll with Stafford and hope for the best?
I wouldn't.

matuski said:
I'm trying to figure out what is going on in WAS/CLE.

Terry McLaurin or Donovan Peoples-Jones?
No earthly idea. I like DPJ but McLaurin is a better player so

McLaurin>DPJ

ETA: assuming it's PPR

kyoun1e said:
Panic question here. Had been sitting pretty on a bye until all hell has broken loose and I'm potentially minus L. Jackson, Fournette, Godwin (out for sure), and now Ekeler on Covid. Yikes.

Assuming no more injuries I'd have:

* QB: T. Huntley

* RB1: D. Montgomery

* RB2: R. Penny

* WR 1: S. Diggs

* WR2: M. Pittman

* Flex1: R. Jones

* Flex2: Empty

Looking to fill that last flex spot. On the wire still and not playing until tmrw is J. Howard who should get touches and faces the NYG this coming weekend. I could drop the PHI D (who also faces the NYG) and roll with TB (@CAR) or KC (vs PIT).

However, I know who I'll be facing and I know he'll be looking for a D. Currently has LAR @MN. Not great. Not terrible, but If I were him I'd go after the PHI D possibly against Fromme.

Knowing how much I need bodies vs. how random Ds can be, thinking of grabbing Howard just to ensure I have a warm body in my second flex.

Thinking straight? Or hold?

Thanks
I guess I am confused as to why you would have to drop Philly here. I presume it's because they haven't played and you're trying to avoid waivers.

So you think you won't get Jordan if you wait, and won't get Philly back if you grab Howard?

Are you confident you'll get TB?

I like Philly D v Fromme more than I like Howard v NYG.

There should be a surprising number of RBs available this week: Duke Johnson, Craig Reynolds (the Lions formally elevated him from the PS today), Justin Jackson may be viable and there are, I think one or two others I  forgetting.

I hold Philly D

I guess I am confused as to why you would have to drop Philly here. I presume it's because they haven't played and you're trying to avoid waivers.

So you think you won't get Jordan if you wait, and won't get Philly back if you grab Howard?

Are you confident you'll get TB?

I like Philly D v Fromme more than I like Howard v NYG.

There should be a surprising number of RBs available this week: Duke Johnson, Craig Reynolds (the Lions formally elevated him from the PS today), Justin Jackson may be viable and there are, I think one or two others I  forgetting.

I hold Philly D
Correct...trying to get ahead of waivers. Howard gets two TD plunges and he'll be at the head of the list.

Clarification: I already own BOTH TB D (@CAR) and the KC D (vs. PIT). Philly is my third D. Sure the matchup is a good one, but is KC D any worse against a PIT offense now without Freiurmuth? Or the TBD @CAR where Rhule may be alternating QBs? 

Just looking for bodies. Who knows what the rest of the week holds. I need to fill a slot and I am holding three Ds...one that I can drop because Philly doesn't play until tmrw.

Correct...trying to get ahead of waivers. Howard gets two TD plunges and he'll be at the head of the list.

Clarification: I already own BOTH TB D (@CAR) and the KC D (vs. PIT). Philly is my third D. Sure the matchup is a good one, but is KC D any worse against a PIT offense now without Freiurmuth? Or the TBD @CAR where Rhule may be alternating QBs? 

Just looking for bodies. Who knows what the rest of the week holds. I need to fill a slot and I am holding three Ds...one that I can drop because Philly doesn't play until tmrw.
If you already own all three then sure, dump the one you don't like. Howard is as good an insurance policy as any but with Sanders, Gainwell & Scott healthy along with the biggest QB TD vulture in the league I am not sure I like him more than other options that are likely available.

ok ppr. who to play, penny or gibson.,, im tinking penny but not sure

WAS needs to win and will need Gibson to pull that off.

LAR ascending at right time... SEA checked out.

Depends on what you need, but I "think" Gibson has the safer floor. I would play Gibson.

I need a homerun... down 11, opponent has Matt Gay, 1/2 ppr league...

• Penny @ LAR
  • OBJ vs SEA
  • McLauren @ PHI
Figuring I need something in a area of 25-pt game. I have OBJ in there now. Penny just came off a game like this, but different defense this week.

McLauren? Hard to see it happening. Does WFT have a QB that will suit up tomorrow?

• Penny @ LAR
  • OBJ vs SEA
  • McLauren @ PHI
Figuring I need something in a area of 25-pt game. I have OBJ in there now. Penny just came off a game like this, but different defense this week.

McLauren? Hard to see it happening. Does WFT have a QB that will suit up tomorrow?

FWIW, You're thinking of them about like I would. If you need 25 points, you need TDs, and both SEA and WFT have implied totals under 20, so I'd think Beckham.

But ... you're expecting Matt Gay to score 14 points?

ok ppr. who to play, penny or gibson.,, im tinking penny but not sure
I am high on Penny this week and there a ton of uncertainty around WFT but it feels like a stretch to roll Penny over Gibson.

Gibson needs to be the offense if WFT is going to have a chance.

Gibson>Penny

• Penny @ LAR
  • OBJ vs SEA
  • McLauren @ PHI

Tough call between OBJ & Penny IMO.

The Seattle defense is brutal and I like OBJ but the Rams offense has so many weapons it may be tough to hit a 25 points.

Penny is going to get the touches, as long as he holds up, and he really hasn't had a bad game when he gets any kind of volume.

In your situation I lean 

Penny>OBJ but obviously there is huge risk.

Need to out score Scary Terry tonight. Have OBJ in at WR but need to choose one between Penny, Henderson and Sony at RB. Henderson returning and McVay going with hot hand means Penny has the clearer path to significant workload, but we all know he’s made of glass. Feels like no good choice here. Thoughts? 

Non-PPR 

Any updates on D Henderson?  Hoping to get an update on his injury before the game tonight.  Playoffs most likely coming down to the right decision between him and Sony Michael.  

But ... you're expecting Matt Gay to score 14 points?

More like... fearing that he'll score 14 points. We give bonuses for FG length (50+ = 5 pts, 40+ = 4 pts) so most kickers on good teams average 8-10 PPG.

I'm thinking 25 pts should be a safe win... 20 pts will be nip-tuck. Truth probably in between there somewhere.

I think I'm sending Penny to the plate. Another strikeout won't make the loss any worse and at least I know that he will get touches.

Maybe he breaks a long one.

Users who are viewing this thread