What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

neal cassady said:
.5 PPR

QB:

Hurts vs Washington

Russell Wilson at Rams

Bridgewater vs Bengals

Flex (pick 1):

Tyler Lockett at Rams

Miles Sanders vs Washington 

Sony Michel vs Seattle

Wilson has struggled against the Rams, but Hurts is banged up.  I fear his mobility will be hindered, and that’s him main asset.  Actually hope Mishew starts, as the matchup with Washington is optimal.

Lockett is highest rated, but he has occasional low scoring weeks, and has burned me many times.  Sanders would be enticing if Howard is out.

TIA
I don't think Hurts is ready to roll, splitting reps with Minshew may be gamesmanship but the recent news that Hurts may have suffered a high ankle sprain gives me enough concern to pass this week.

Russell>Hurts>Bridgewater 

Lockett will burn you, it happens.  Sanders will burn you more often.

If Henderson is out Michel makes plenty of sense against that terrible defense.  But remember, I don't think the Rams have been able to hold a practice yet this week.  They have multiple situational and backup players on the Covid 19 list, along with OBJ (I am assuming Ramsey and Henderson will be back but we haven't heard anything yet). So there is definitely risk in starting Michel.  He also had a pretty mediocre 79 yards on 21 opportunities last week (5 points in my league).

Michel>Lockett>Sanders but it's still very close IMO even if Henderson is out, I might still go with Lockett, it depends on your risk aversion

If Henderson plays

Lockett>>Sanders>Michel

ETA: @neal cassady Lockett now in the Covid 19 protocol.

ETA 2.0: @neal cassady okay now I just read that WFT has 21 players in the protocol including seven (7!) D-linemen. 

Unless Henderson is ruled out

Sanders>>Michel 

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:
I also have to decide between Jefferson and Williams. Williams had a huge game against KC last time and Ekeler might not be as much of a factor. But without OBJ, somebody has to get those targets for the Rams. 
Yeah this is still a tough call.  Like I said, I had OBJ in above Williams before the Covid news.  Since it's a Thursday game I can't afford to bench Williams's upside on the possibility OBJ clears the protocol before Sunday.  Plus Williams does not have an injury designation so I feel a little better about it, even if I doubt the pinball numbers from the first few weeks of the season are out of reach at this point.

The Rams also scare me a lot this week, this is the third time I've posted it in my last 3-4 posts but I don't think they are doing any on field work so far this week and are doing everything via Zoom.  They have a lot of players in the protocol mostly situational guys and backups, and it is impossible to gauge the impact if some or all of those guys miss the game. We still don't even have clarity on Ramsey or Henderson at this point.  They're pros and it's a big game so they should be alright but it still gives me pause.

I said Van>Williams yesterday (or the day before) and I think I stick by that but it's really, really close.

ppr

start 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 flex from:

dj moore @ buf

Metcalf @ la

devonta smith vs Was

parker vs nyj

jacobs @ clv

j. williams vs cin

stevenson @ ind

hubbard @ buf

penny @ la

got these in right now

Metcalf

smith

jacobs

williams

penny 

Playoff match up, PPR.  Choose 3 WR from:

D. Samuel

S. Diggs

H. Renfrow

C. Lamb
Wow, champagne problems indeed.

Uhhhhhhhh...I guess I could make an argument for benching any of these guys but, ultimately it wouldn't be based upon anything other than a gut feeling.

I think CeeDee needs to ride the pine here.

Since week 9 all four of these guys are getting between 9.3 & 9.6 opportunities per game and CeeDee is doing the least with them.

Diggs & Renfrow have scored TDs in three of six games (Diggs four total, Renfrow three total). Deebo has TDs in four of his last five games (six total).

CeeDee found the end zone twice against the Falcons and zero times in the other four games.

Of the receivers CeeDee has the fewest catches, yards & TDs since week 9 (I don't really use full season data at this point of the season).  He definitely has a great matchup but, if Pollard plays, and with that defense the Cowboys may not need to press the ball down the field so much.  Buffalo and the Raiders struggle running the ball (I like Jacobs but he has not run well this year at all) and Deebo plays more out of the backfield than anything at this point so they don't have the same potential limitation IMO.

You gotta go with your gut here and there really isn't a bad call 

Deebo>Diggs/Renfrow>CeeDee

Wow, champagne problems indeed.

Uhhhhhhhh...I guess I could make an argument for benching any of these guys but, ultimately it wouldn't be based upon anything other than a gut feeling.

I think CeeDee needs to ride the pine here.

Since week 9 all four of these guys are getting between 9.3 & 9.6 opportunities per game and CeeDee is doing the least with them.

Diggs & Renfrow have scored TDs in three of six games (Diggs four total, Renfrow three total). Deebo has TDs in four of his last five games (six total).

CeeDee found the end zone twice against the Falcons and zero times in the other four games.

Of the receivers CeeDee has the fewest catches, yards & TDs since week 9 (I don't really use full season data at this point of the season).  He definitely has a great matchup but, if Pollard plays, and with that defense the Cowboys may not need to press the ball down the field so much.  Buffalo and the Raiders struggle running the ball (I like Jacobs but he has not run well this year at all) and Deebo plays more out of the backfield than anything at this point so they don't have the same potential limitation IMO.

You gotta go with your gut here and there really isn't a bad call 

Deebo>Diggs/Renfrow>CeeDee
Thanks.  I currently have Renfrow on the bench but I am thinking of benching Deebo mostly because his receptions have been way down and he seems TD rushing dependent.

ppr

start 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 flex from:

dj moore @ buf

Metcalf @ la

devonta smith vs Was

parker vs nyj

jacobs @ clv

j. williams vs cin

stevenson @ ind

hubbard @ buf

penny @ la

got these in right now

Metcalf

smith

jacobs

williams

penny 
Gonna be honest.

Parker is an interesting one for me this week. He hasn't played a lot but when he does he's a consistent 8 target guy and Devonta is not.  There is uncertainty at the QB position too and I am not sure either guy is really suited to take advantage of Smith's potential.  Washington is a fine matchup for Smith but the Jets are just as good and Miami's running game is very depleted ATM. Also in my league Parker outscores Smith by 0.5 PPG. It ain't much but margins are razor thin in the playoffs.

Parker>Smith

I would try to find as much practice info as I could on Damien Harris this week.  I know he had a bye but the image of him pulling up untouched against the Bills makes me think he could either be a late scratch or very limited.  He has been a limited participant in practice so far this week.

Considering Javonte is also in a time share and just got a (Q) designation with a knee, you may want to consider Stevenson>Javonte very strongly.  

Like I said monitor the practice reports.

Thanks.  I currently have Renfrow on the bench but I am thinking of benching Deebo mostly because his receptions have been way down and he seems TD rushing dependent.
I wouldn't argue with that.  Deebo is rushing TD dependent then again he does have five of them in his last four games.

Parker is an interesting one for me this week. He hasn't played a lot but when he does he's a consistent 8 target guy and Devonta is not.  There is uncertainty at the QB position too and I am not sure either guy is really suited to take advantage of Smith's potential.  Washington is a fine matchup for Smith but the Jets are just as good and Miami's running game is very depleted ATM. Also in my league Parker outscores Smith by 0.5 PPG. It ain't much but margins are razor thin in the playoffs.
Plus Waddle was just announced out with Covid.

I wouldn't argue with that.  Deebo is rushing TD dependent then again he does have five of them in his last four games.
Haven't looked at this in detail, but there is some indication that Deebo gets more work at RB (and subsequently fewer targets) when Mitchell is out. Personally, there is no way I would consider benching Deebo as long as he's healthy. I don't care what the peripherals say, the dude has just been putting up numbers consistently all year.

I'm not making any decisions until we know more info, but WFT's Covid outbreak has me seriously rethinking starting Gibson. Apparently a full third of their roster this Sunday may be made up of practice-squad players

If you're a Gibson manager, I would definitely recommend lining up your backup options. Mine would be Michel, Freeman, Penny or Edmonds. 

This Covid scenario is exactly why  my league voted to take a year off last season. Turns out we were a year early.

Haven't looked at this in detail, but there is some indication that Deebo gets more work at RB (and subsequently fewer targets) when Mitchell is out. Personally, there is no way I would consider benching Deebo as long as he's healthy. I don't care what the peripherals say, the dude has just been putting up numbers consistently all year.
Deebo has 1 catch in each of his last three games with 7 total targets.  He started out great but Kittle is getting all the targets now.

I'm not making any decisions until we know more info, but WFT's Covid outbreak has me seriously rethinking starting Gibson. Apparently a full third of their roster this Sunday may be made up of practice-squad players

If you're a Gibson manager, I would definitely recommend lining up your backup options. Mine would be Michel, Freeman, Penny or Edmonds. 
In PPR I am sitting Gibson for Michel unless we hear good news on Henderson.

Joseph @ CHI

Prater @ DET

Both good ones. I had a similar decision. DET D leads the league in FGA this year. In 6 games at home, they've given up 16 XPA and 20 FGA. Disregarding any long kick bonuses, they've given up double-digits at home in 5/6 games. Chicago is a pretty charitable D too though. They've given up the same XPA and only about 0.5 FGA/G. Am I basing it on unfounded conventional wisdom to prefer the indoor K to Chicago in December?

Got another one for you. Standard scoring. Pick one:

Pittman vs NE

Mooney vs MIN 

Osborn @ CHI

Parker vs NYJ

Standard scoring on all of these.

League 1...So...Aaron Jones locked in to RB1...WR1 and 2 spots locked down (Jefferson and Kupp).

Need RB2 and Flex...plus a TE question

Options are Eli Mitchell, likely my RB2 if he plays...Javonte Williams (likely my flex...just hard to bench him at the moment...obviously barring him being limited or missing with this injury), Saquon Barkley, Rashaad Penny, Tee Higgins.  yeah...nice to have what should be good options.  Just getting some opinions on that 2nd RB spot and flex...especially if Mitchell and/or Javonte can't go.  Also hard to bench Higgins right now as he is on a tear.    TE...have Pat Freiermuth...with Waddle out, do I grab Gesicki and think he has more upside than Muth.  Muth very TD dependent...but they go to him often in the redzone.

League 2.  Its sort of a do I play Cordarrelle at RB or WR2 behind Tyreek Hill.  Its either him at WR2 or Van Jefferson.  RB1 is Najee Harris...but then have Rashaad Penny, Miles Sanders, D'Andre Swift.  Need an RB2, WR2 and Flex.  At the moment...Van is my WR2, Patterson my RB2...with either Penny or Sanders at flex.  Sanders if he goes...otherwise Penny.  With an option of whichever TE I don't go with I could flex (Pitts and Knox)

Full PPR + kick return. He put up 29.5 points in my league last week.
Which is why I ask people to include that information in their posts.

It doesn't really change my opinion about him relative to Penny and Foreman.  With Michael Carter coming back I expect him to siphon off targets that otherwise may have gone to Berrios and return yardage is very speculative.

Got another one for you. Standard scoring. Pick one:

Pittman vs NE

Mooney vs MIN 

Osborn @ CHI

Parker vs NYJ
Good options IMO.  Thielen is DNP today so keep a close eye on that situation.

Pittman is the best player IMO, tough matchup. New England is on a defensive tear but they also have had some favorable matchups, and a godsend on the weather in Buffalo. This is their toughest matchup since  Week 8 at the Chargers, and the Colts have a better defense than the Chargers.

I like Mooney and Minnesota is a slumpbuster for everyone apparently but I really worry about Mooney with Fields under center. 

Parker has the best matchcup and with Waddle now in the Covid protocol could/should mean more work for Parker. He was already a consistent 8 target guy so you have to like him this week.

If Thielen is out

Parker>Osborn>Pittman>Mooney

If Thielen plays

Parker>Pittman>Mooney>Osborn

This Covid scenario is exactly why  my league voted to take a year off last season. Turns out we were a year early.

And looking at the almost exponential increase in cases in South Africa and Europe due to the omicron variant, I would say that we are just scratching the surface at the moment. The next 3 weeks could be very, very rough for fantasy football. Oddly enough, more so than to the rest of society, because the NFL tests very well. 

Standard scoring on all of these.

League 1...So...Aaron Jones locked in to RB1...WR1 and 2 spots locked down (Jefferson and Kupp).

Need RB2 and Flex...plus a TE question

Options are Eli Mitchell, likely my RB2 if he plays...Javonte Williams (likely my flex...just hard to bench him at the moment...obviously barring him being limited or missing with this injury), Saquon Barkley, Rashaad Penny, Tee Higgins.  yeah...nice to have what should be good options.  Just getting some opinions on that 2nd RB spot and flex...especially if Mitchell and/or Javonte can't go.  Also hard to bench Higgins right now as he is on a tear.    TE...have Pat Freiermuth...with Waddle out, do I grab Gesicki and think he has more upside than Muth.  Muth very TD dependent...but they go to him often in the redzone.

League 2.  Its sort of a do I play Cordarrelle at RB or WR2 behind Tyreek Hill.  Its either him at WR2 or Van Jefferson.  RB1 is Najee Harris...but then have Rashaad Penny, Miles Sanders, D'Andre Swift.  Need an RB2, WR2 and Flex.  At the moment...Van is my WR2, Patterson my RB2...with either Penny or Sanders at flex.  Sanders if he goes...otherwise Penny.  With an option of whichever TE I don't go with I could flex (Pitts and Knox)
Maybe not so much word salad next time? Lists are my friends.

League 1) Mitchell has a great matchup and Shanahan does run him into the ground typically so you have to like him.  I don't like that Deebo is pulling away opportunities and seems to be incredibly efficient from the backfield.

Javonte I think you can consider sitting him with news of a knee issue and him being questionable this week. I don't know that there will be 40 RB opportunities to go around this week as the Bengals are not the Lions. Gordon's role seems not to have changed so I think he will be favored in crunch situations. 

Saquon - No. Can't be trusted. Particularly in standard scoring where his reception count is meaningless.

Penny - I'm high on Penny this week for reasons I have discussed to death in here.  Losing Lockett to the Vid sucks but Collins is also gone so it evens out IMO.

Higgins has been on a nice run and seems to have emerged as the true #1 WR in Cincinnati we thought he would be at the beginning of the season.  It's hard to bench him in a PPR but you're not PPR.

Mitchell>Penny>Higgins>Javonte>Saquon

Gesicki has been fine and may be in line for a bump in targets, but he got 11 targets last game and put up 7-46-0. In standard scoring that's meh.  In that format you want to find the end zone and Freirmuth is your guy for that.

Freirmuth>Gesicki

League 2) I agree with your calls of Van Jefferson & Patterson but I have Penny>Sanders personally.

Maybe not so much word salad next time? Lists are my friends.

League 1) Mitchell has a great matchup and Shanahan does run him into the ground typically so you have to like him.  I don't like that Deebo is pulling away opportunities and seems to be incredibly efficient from the backfield.

Javonte I think you can consider sitting him with news of a knee issue and him being questionable this week. I don't know that there will be 40 RB opportunities to go around this week as the Bengals are not the Lions. Gordon's role seems not to have changed so I think he will be favored in crunch situations. 

Saquon - No. Can't be trusted. Particularly in standard scoring where his reception count is meaningless.

Penny - I'm high on Penny this week for reasons I have discussed to death in here.  Losing Lockett to the Vid sucks but Collins is also gone so it evens out IMO.

Higgins has been on a nice run and seems to have emerged as the true #1 WR in Cincinnati we thought he would be at the beginning of the season.  It's hard to bench him in a PPR but you're not PPR.

Mitchell>Penny>Higgins>Javonte>Saquon

Gesicki has been fine and may be in line for a bump in targets, but he got 11 targets last game and put up 7-46-0. In standard scoring that's meh.  In that format you want to find the end zone and Freirmuth is your guy for that.

Freirmuth>Gesicki

League 2) I agree with your calls of Van Jefferson & Patterson but I have Penny>Sanders personally.
Yeah...it was a whole lot of stuff going on there.  And seems we are pretty close to the same line of thinking.  I think Penny is an interesting one...IMO he, Javonte and Higgins are all grouped so close together, its almost a dart toss.  Javonte hesitation because of the knee and who they are playing.

Yeah this is still a tough call.  Like I said, I had OBJ in above Williams before the Covid news.  Since it's a Thursday game I can't afford to bench Williams's upside on the possibility OBJ clears the protocol before Sunday.  Plus Williams does not have an injury designation so I feel a little better about it, even if I doubt the pinball numbers from the first few weeks of the season are out of reach at this point.

The Rams also scare me a lot this week, this is the third time I've posted it in my last 3-4 posts but I don't think they are doing any on field work so far this week and are doing everything via Zoom.  They have a lot of players in the protocol mostly situational guys and backups, and it is impossible to gauge the impact if some or all of those guys miss the game. We still don't even have clarity on Ramsey or Henderson at this point.  They're pros and it's a big game so they should be alright but it still gives me pause.

I said Van>Williams yesterday (or the day before) and I think I stick by that but it's really, really close.
Good analysis. 

Saint said:
Could use some help.  1/2 pt PPR, 14 team league, Bold is who I currently have plugged in.

RB2:  CEH / Robinson / Pollard

WRs (Need three from this mess):  Julio / Amon-Ra / Osborn / Bateman / Davis / Shenault / MVS / Thielen (inj)

Flex:  Robinson / Pollard or one of the receivers above.

Somehow made the playoffs with this squad.  I can also get Rondale Moore off the waiver wire, but ARZ seems hit or miss with him.
any thoughts?

Saint said:
Could use some help.  1/2 pt PPR, 14 team league, Bold is who I currently have plugged in.

RB2:  CEH / Robinson / Pollard

WRs (Need three from this mess):  Julio / Amon-Ra / Osborn / Bateman / Davis / Shenault / MVS / Thielen (inj)

Flex:  Robinson / Pollard or one of the receivers above.

Somehow made the playoffs with this squad.  I can also get Rondale Moore off the waiver wire, but ARZ seems hit or miss with him.
Sorry man, must have been asleep at the switch 

Lots of people are high on Robinson after Urban got the boot (see what I did there?) And I am too. The heel injury is a concern but you have to expect he is going to see a lot more action with Bell auditioning for a job against a Texans front office that is in full tank mode.

It's a bigger risk but I like Robinson's upside and potential for 15+ opportunities more than CEH

Robinson>CEH (remember thete is a risk with Robinson's heel so it's all about your taste for risk)

Hockensen just had season ending thumb surgery so Amon Ra should be in line for another ton of targets.

Monitor Theilen, if he's out (he was dnp today) definitely Osborn

Honestly even if Thielen is out Osborn still probably gets 4-6 targets and I would probably play him.

Julio & MVS are a toss up for me. I probably lean MVS because it looks like he is getting around 6 targets/game semi consistently and he has a better QB and is playing a very depleted Baltimore secondary. Tennessee has a tougher matchup and seems to want to play dirty, grind it out football.

Amon>Osborn>MVS

Robinson>CEH>Pollard

CEH & Robinson are your RB2 & Flex IMO

PPR league. 

Have a bye week. Own Ekeler and J. Jackson. Ekeler now to be active and I"m questioning the value of Jackson next week even if Ekeler aggravates his injury.

Keep Jackson (who has a sweet matchup @HOU) or grab:

* J. Williams (@ATL) -- Seems like Swift may not be ready. Williams should clear by then if not by this weekends games.

Also, dropping J. Jackson now prior to kickoff will give me more flexibility the rest of this week in case some other opportunity emerges.

Which?

Thanks

* J. Howard (vs NYG) -- Practicing this week. Good matchup.

PPR league. 

Have a bye week. Own Ekeler and J. Jackson. Ekeler now to be active and I"m questioning the value of Jackson next week even if Ekeler aggravates his injury.

Keep Jackson (who has a sweet matchup @HOU) or grab:

* J. Williams (@ATL) -- Seems like Swift may not be ready. Williams should clear by then if not by this weekends games.

Also, dropping J. Jackson now prior to kickoff will give me more flexibility the rest of this week in case some other opportunity emerges.

Which?

Thanks

* J. Howard (vs NYG) -- Practicing this week. Good matchup.
I don't think anyone swoops in and grabs Jackson if you cut him but it's all about risk. Are you able to cover a potential loss of Ekeler if you don't have Jackson?

If yes then maybe Williams or Howard is worth it. But if you can cover an Ekeler loss then why would you need Williams or Howard when Jackson would have a far better matchup?

I probably hold Jackson at this point.

I don't think anyone swoops in and grabs Jackson if you cut him but it's all about risk. Are you able to cover a potential loss of Ekeler if you don't have Jackson?

If yes then maybe Williams or Howard is worth it. But if you can cover an Ekeler loss then why would you need Williams or Howard when Jackson would have a far better matchup?

I probably hold Jackson at this point.
This is a 2 flex league so a bit more holes to fill.

I theoretically could cover a potential loss understanding my options:

* L. Fournette @CAR -- But now dinged it would seem. Have RoJo.

* D. Mongtomery @SEA -- He's dinged now.

* R. Penny vs CHI -- Wildcard.

Starting WRs would be Diggs, Godwin, with Pittman an option. Julio deep on the bench.

So yes, I could cover, but as we know, ##### happens and I'm a big fan of optimizing every single spot.

In addition, I'm thinking who can hurt me the most on the wire that I can grab.

I have mke williams, ajayk,and tee higgens. I have to sit one. I am thinking have to start wiliams due to at least he will play tonight. so I dont have to worry about covid to screw me if I do sit him. what you guys think

Starting WRs would be Diggs, Godwin, with Pittman an option. Julio deep on the bench.

So yes, I could cover, but as we know, ##### happens and I'm a big fan of optimizing every single spot.

With Fournette, Montgomery & Penny I doubt your starting Howard, Williams or Jackson of Ekeler goes down. And if two guys go down I would strongly consider starting Jackson over both Howard & Williams.

If you're relying on health and trying to block someone they, sure pick one of them up but I'm not sure who I dislike less.

Probably Williams under the assumption Hurts will be back next week.

i guess williams wasnt the wway to go screw me
That was an ugly set of downs for Williams for sure but, it wasn't necessarily the wrong decision to start him. He just got three end zone looks, it may be a bad outcome but the decision was sound.

PPR:

Dalton Schultz of Ertz

Then I need 3 out of this rag tag bunch:

Javobi Meyers, Jerry Jeudy, Javonte Williams (need him to practice tomorrow), AJ Green, Penny.

Ertz

Javonte, green, penny
@fantasycurse42

Agreed. It can be tough rolling two pass catchers but if they're your best options, so be it.

Maybe you could argue to swap Meyers for one of them but his targets have dropped from the high levels of the first third of the season.

Jeudy may be a great talent but there are too many weapons in Denver and they don't have a QB capable of exploiting them all.

That was an ugly set of downs for Williams for sure but, it wasn't necessarily the wrong decision to start him. He just got three end zone looks, it may be a bad outcome but the decision was sound.
@elitzer Williams got another clear opportunity for a wide open TD and Keenan Allen just missed him. Tough break for sure but the opportunities have been there.

PPR:

Dalton Schultz of Ertz

Then I need 3 out of this rag tag bunch:

Javobi Meyers, Jerry Jeudy, Javonte Williams (need him to practice tomorrow), AJ Green, Penny.
Ertz

Javonte unless today’s practice report gives us concrete evidence his swollen knee/leg is a problem 

I think it’s just late season maintenance/ precaution and Fangio indicates it’s no big deal

but if it goes south then AJG > Jeudy > Penny >>> Meyers

FYI - Monty is not dinged, he’s out e/ illness (team has a flu bug or virus going around) - 3 days to recover s/b fine but monitor

Fournette it really depends on today’s report but generally Saints are stingy v RBs (least FF Pts to RB) so maybe avoid 

If I understand this 2 WR 2 FL I haven’t seen anything resembling a redraft RB1/2 so I presume we’re just figuring Fl2/FL2.

Pittman and Monty (though Penny would be fine too - just bias against him having sustained success & health)

With news that Heinicke is out with Covid, almost certainly pivoting away from Gibson. If Edmonds plays (likely) and Conner sits (50/50?) I think I jump on the Detroit match-up. Probably even do it if Conner plays. After that would probably go Michel (if Hendu sits), Freeman, and Penny in that order

Users who are viewing this thread