What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 Defenses (1 Viewer)

thriftyrocker

Footballguy
Is anyone looking ahead to week 15 yet? What waiver defenses look best

Houston at STL

Kansas City hosts CLE

Seattle hosts TBB

Arizona at DET

Atlanta at NYJ

I have added Houston in a couple leagues for week 15, but they don't give me a lot of confidence on the road.

Is anyone looking ahead to week 15 yet? What waiver defenses look bestHouston at STLKansas City hosts CLESeattle hosts TBBArizona at DET Atlanta at NYJI have added Houston in a couple leagues for week 15, but they don't give me a lot of confidence on the road.
They're actually a better road team. I think that's a great matchup but my only concern is the mood in the locker room. Will the team mail it in or will they be fighting hard for the franchise's first winning record?

I would also consider adding TEN and JAX. TEN def is looking better each week. JAX may be a sneaky play for Week 15 if the Colts decide to rest their starters after clinching home field.

But if HOU is available, I might go with them over anyone else.

I picked up Arizona weeks ago for the playoffs. Already have Baltimore (week 14 vs DET). I actually picked up Houston just to ####-block for week 15 to make sure no one starts them against STL. Now I'm actually thinking I may rather start them than Arizona. We'll see.... regardless, I want to do everything I can to ensure my opponents don't get the satisfaction of starting a D against DET or STL while I do :lmao:

Wasnt a fan of GB D going against Pittsburgh so I picked up Seattle for my week 15 semi. Tampa traveling to the furthest corner of the west coast where the Hawks D has performed very well. I'm in!

The Jets are very interesting here. At home, and depending on who actually plays for Atlanta, could be a great setup. We saw this team without Ryan and Turner, and they are a bad team in that situation. No, make that a terrible team. Right down in the gutter with the dregs of the league. The Jets are much better defensively than Arizona and the Cards also will be on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who plays Detroit (Except if it's Cleveland :thumbup: )

I have Arzona who looks good for 15 and 16 weeks since thay play st. louis week 16

With the Steelers stinking it up I need all the Week 15 Defense info I can get.

Here are some possible Waiver Wire Defenses:

Bills - had a strong game against KC but NE is next

Panthers - Minnesota at home

Seahawks - got worn out by Hou but SEA plays well at home and TB is next

Texans - They get STl and this is looking pretty sweet

Jags - home vs IND . will the starters rest after a series or two? This is also a Thu night game so they'll have a short amoutn of prep time and little rest.

Skins - at home vs Giants. Skins are playing good ball right now but so is NY.

With the Steelers stinking it up I need all the Week 15 Defense info I can get.

Here are some possible Waiver Wire Defenses:

Bills - had a strong game against TB but NE is next

Panthers - Minnesota at home

Seahawks - got worn out by Hou but SEA plays well at home and TB is next (see Bills performance this week)

Texans - They get STl and this is looking pretty sweet

Jags - home vs IND . will the starters rest after a series or two?

Skins - at home vs Giants. Skins are playing good ball right now but so is NY.
Jets dominated the bucs while the bills beat up on the chiefs. I am rollin with Seattle next week. Their D averages 12 ppg @ home in my league.

I agree with those picking Seattle if you need help in larger leagues.

The Titans are also playing well at home and face Miami. I think that matchup has potential.

Comes down to Texans and Seattle- TB flight to Seattle is going to be rough on a beleaguered team as it is but the weather up in the Pacific NW can be just horrid this time of the year if the rain starts!

The Jets are very interesting here. At home, and depending on who actually plays for Atlanta, could be a great setup. We saw this team without Ryan and Turner, and they are a bad team in that situation. No, make that a terrible team. Right down in the gutter with the dregs of the league. The Jets are much better defensively than Arizona and the Cards also will be on the road.
That terrible Atlanta team you speak of only lost to the Saints by 3 points this weekend. The Cardinals have been very good on the road this year.

We are looking for waiver wire defenses. NYJ should not be on any waiver wire. We know the Jets have a better D, but they aren't an option to pick up.FWIW, I picked up Arizona. @ det week 15 and home vs rams Week 16

Scratch Jags off that list as it looks liek IND will be playing all starters through week 15!

Colts coach Jim Caldwell said he will play his starters at least through Week 15.

"We're going to approach the 14th game exactly like we did 1-13," Caldwell said. Look for Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, and the rest of the Colts' skill players to get a full complement of work against the Jaguars on Thursday. They'll probably wind it down gradually after that. It would be absurd for Caldwell to give his starters five weeks off before they open the playoffs

Leaning SEA or HOU right now.

Comes down to Texans and Seattle- TB flight to Seattle is going to be rough on a beleaguered team as it is but the weather up in the Pacific NW can be just horrid this time of the year if the rain starts!
how does that hurt the defense? You think Freeman and the bucs offense can be effective in those conditions?

how does that hurt the defense? You think Freeman and the bucs offense can be effective in those conditions?
Sounds like he is saying this helps the Seattle D.
my reading comprehension may be down today. I put the weather in the "pros" category when trying to find a WW defense for week 15 to replace GB.

Sounds like he is saying this helps the Seattle D.
my reading comprehension may be down today. I put the weather in the "pros" category when trying to find a WW defense for week 15 to replace GB.
Yes the weather is Seattle is projected to be rain and more rain all week long. I grabbed them weeks ago for this game but I have a juicy MU with the Ravens at home with the Bears. I like the Seattle defense at home this week and the added bonus is a terrible team that cannot stop the run (TB) and has a dreadful offense. The long flight, the loud as thunder fans and the rain will create turnovers. I mention that TB is essentially last in the NFL vs. the run to point out that the Seahawks will control the clock limiting the Bucs offense even more. I saw a game here about 4 years ago in the rain and it was raining sideways. Fumbles galore.

I realize the Seahawks play tough at home but their performance this last week was pretty lame.

Houston, however, has put up two very respectable outings against Jax & Sea in hte last 2 weeks. STL has looked miserable. The Titans racked up 27 points against them in our league.

This is going to be a tough decision but I am rolling with one of these over PIT this week.

Even though the game is in Pittsburgh I see GB bringing their A-game and I think some parts of that PIT team has mailed it in already.

I realize the Seahawks play tough at home but their performance this last week was pretty lame.
The Texans are quite a bit better offensively than the Bucs. Unless you meant the 49ers game in Week 13 but San Francisco's offense is also much better than Tampa Bay's. Seattle's defense isn't anything special but this is a terrific matchup for them against a bad offense.

I'm starting KC defense this week at home against Cleveland.
This.Chiefs D/ST averaging just over 10 points a game in my primary league(which is typically good enough for the bottom end of the top 12 most weeks in this scoring system), even with that abbortion they had vs. the Chargers in week 7. Actually, they're averaging just over 10 PPG overall. They've been pretty steady at around 9-14 points per outside of 3 games: The two Charger contests and the game vs. the Eagles. I may just be taking a shot with them in Arrowhead, vs. the guy who completed one pass the whole second half last Thursday, over the sagging-of-late Saints D vs. Dallas. Worst case, they'll probably still land me "average" points. Best case, maybe they catch Brady on a day where he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, have Charles break one on a return and wind up top 3 in points for the week.

I think the sleeper defense is Buffalo. Very good chance we could see high wind conditions there. The Bills are arguably one of the top 3-4 pass defenses (based on QB rating against and yards/attempt) in the NFL and if the conditions are windy, New England could be in for a long day. Funny how that 59-0 win by the Pats over the Titans seemed to send both teams in opposite directions.

my league has the New England defense available in week 15 against the Bills in Buffalo. The Pats D has been iffy lately and the bills play better at home so im not too crazy about this choice. What;s the opinion out there? this seeems better than the options discussed above. thanks

The NE vs Bills game has intrigue. The Bills are playing better on offense, have the home field and weather with high winds can create problems. You have Randy gate going and Brady is hurting. The Pats seem to be stumbling and they have the Dolphins and the Jets right on their heels. This is a gutsy play if you put in the Bills but I do believe that the Bills are dreadful against the run. I think the Pats play it conservative here with the offense- ball control and clock management with a load of running and short to mid- range passes. This is a critical game for the Pats.

That terrible Atlanta team you speak of only lost to the Saints by 3 points this weekend. The Cardinals have been very good on the road this year.
Atlanta's a good team and they're almost as much in the playoff hunt as the NYJ.Redman's a good QB.

What are the thoughts now on the Cards after Gore ran all over them? I added them for weeks 15 and 16, but Houston is also available.

This.Chiefs D/ST averaging just over 10 points a game in my primary league(which is typically good enough for the bottom end of the top 12 most weeks in this scoring system), even with that abbortion they had vs. the Chargers in week 7. Actually, they're averaging just over 10 PPG overall. They've been pretty steady at around 9-14 points per outside of 3 games: The two Charger contests and the game vs. the Eagles. I may just be taking a shot with them in Arrowhead, vs. the guy who completed one pass the whole second half last Thursday, over the sagging-of-late Saints D vs. Dallas. Worst case, they'll probably still land me "average" points. Best case, maybe they catch Brady on a day where he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, have Charles break one on a return and wind up top 3 in points for the week.
Gottalove fantasy football.

The NE vs Bills game has intrigue. The Bills are playing better on offense, have the home field and weather with high winds can create problems. You have Randy gate going and Brady is hurting. The Pats seem to be stumbling and they have the Dolphins and the Jets right on their heels. This is a gutsy play if you put in the Bills but I do believe that the Bills are dreadful against the run. I think the Pats play it conservative here with the offense- ball control and clock management with a load of running and short to mid- range passes. This is a critical game for the Pats.
i can pick up the Pats defense. what do you think about them against Bills?

What are the thoughts now on the Cards after Gore ran all over them? I added them for weeks 15 and 16, but Houston is also available.
:lol: Don't outsmart yourself. The Cardinals at Detroit in Week 15 was already fantasy gold, but with Kevin Smith now out ... you can't tell me the Lions crappy backup RBs are scaring you. I would go with Arizona. Their defense actually looked good last night with the exception of the rushing yards. The 7 turnovers from the offense did them in, though.

Is anyone looking ahead to week 15 yet? What waiver defenses look bestHouston at STLKansas City hosts CLESeattle hosts TBBArizona at DET Atlanta at NYJI have added Houston in a couple leagues for week 15, but they don't give me a lot of confidence on the road.
I have HOU and ARI and have HOU penciled in as the starter.If Null is the starter, how do you not?But if Boller shows up does that really help things? might cut down the TO's.

I agree that Houston is a strong consideration over Arizona is Null is starting again. I was operating on the assumption that Boller is a strong bet to start in Week 15 given he was a last minute decision to scratch for Week 14. Boller can turn the ball over too, but he isn't nearly as injury prone as Null.

If Boller starts, it looks like Arizona is a much stronger play this week to me.

Could Cleveland also be a good bet against KC instead of the other way around?

This unit has been quiet for the past few weeks. They usually pour it on in December. They can get you a number as it is the Bills. I like other options such as DEN, HOU, SEA more but this team needs a win to stay atop the AFC East and the defense has to be a part of this. Look at the stats- turnover differential is a big factor. Which offense is turning it over more because the Bills are getting a ton of takeaways as well.

I agree Atlanta is not a terrible team but they had extra incentive to play the Saints hard. Both teams were banged up without starters so its hard to get a read on how that game would have went if everyone had played for both teams. Atlanta has lost 7 out of the last 8 games to the Saints though. My guess is Atlanta will be a strong team next year (even year)

Well, my other options are SD against Cincy or Washington against the Giants. The Giants are starting to come back to life. I see them torching Washington. SD has a terrible run defense and Cincy has an awesome run game...bad idea. Kansas City is facing a generally awful team so they are the lottery pick this week.

I'm in the same boat as you have the Chargers, Redskins and Dolphins and I think I'm going with the Chiefs this week if I can get them on the waiver wire. I'd like to see more input on how this game might turn out as when 2 bad teams play like the Chiefs and Browns it can be low scoring or high scoring it's just hard to tell and I can't afford a stinker.

Could Cleveland also be a good bet against KC instead of the other way around?
If you're struggling at defense, I think Cleveland could be a solid pickup IF your D/STs get credit for punt/kick return yards.Otherwise, I'd probably lean KC if both are available due to the home field, Charles is the hottest player on either team, Bowe returns factor.

I have three teams to choose from and can't decide

AZ v Det--seems like the logical choice but at Det

Den v Oak--Russel back under center throwing INT's and the game is in Den

Tenn v Mia--not really considering them.

Who is the choice between AZ and Den?

I have three teams to choose from and can't decideAZ v Det--seems like the logical choice but at DetDen v Oak--Russel back under center throwing INT's and the game is in DenTenn v Mia--not really considering them.Who is the choice between AZ and Den?
AZ's road record is better than their home record, isn't it?

I just dropped Jets D and picked up Houston and feel pretty good about it. It was them or the Seahawks, don't trust the Hawks.....home or away.

Seattle's a good start this week. Tampa flying the longest trip of the year and inside a very loud stadium + rookie QB + Hawks D getting a thrashing this week from Mora will step up.

This unit has been quiet for the past few weeks. They usually pour it on in December. They can get you a number as it is the Bills. I like other options such as DEN, HOU, SEA more but this team needs a win to stay atop the AFC East and the defense has to be a part of this. Look at the stats- turnover differential is a big factor. Which offense is turning it over more because the Bills are getting a ton of takeaways as well.
While there are legitimate concerns about Brady's injury and Moss dogging it on offense, the Patriots defense played quite well against Carolina. They stopped the strong CAR run game and forced Matt Moore to try and beat them. While they may not match up well against NO or IND, BUF is a different match up. I'm starting them with confidence.

If you can snatch up SF Defense, do so. They play Detroit (in SF) week 16 and St. Louis (at STL) in week 17.

Users who are viewing this thread