What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 Weather (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
A few days away, but there looks to be a couple of serious trouble spots:

Looks like some pretty good rain/wind in Jax @CLE, Lar @BALT, Hou @NYJ.

Not great for L. Jackson, Stroud (tough matchup anyway and their WRs.

Heavy rain/snow and heavy wind (20+ MPH) are the two things I look at. Everything else is pretty negligible in terms of impacting scoring/passing/running/kicking.

Oh great, but there's no way anyone's gonna sit Lamar is there?
As always it depends on who else you have. At this point I dont consider Lamar a must start. Even in high scoring games that run game in Baltimore scores so many tds that Lamars numbers dont look great.

As always it depends on who else you have. At this point I dont consider Lamar a must start. Even in high scoring games that run game in Baltimore scores so many tds that Lamars numbers dont look great.
Somebody just dropped Dobbs. If it's a monsoon, I may grab him. With Jefferson back, he could produce.

Yea, he's only outscored JLove by more than 4 pts just four times in my league and has 2 more pts overall in the season. If Watson weren't hurt I might be leaning his way.

I’m considering sitting Lamar for Carr (hey that rhymes) in a superflex.

Lamar has been mildly disappointing based on ADP, was sick this week, but the weather will be the deciding factor.

Not sure if I'd do this one myself, Dobbs is probably even money to get yanked in his game

I am forgetting who, but I think I heard on the fantasy life podcast they had a weather guy on, the impact of weather is surprisingly statistically insignificant at least as a prior trend.

I am a little worried about the Baltimore weather for Tucker for longer FG's but I am not benching Lamar he can always run the ball and go wild that way.

I have CJ Stroud and if Stroud had an easy matchup then I would consider benching Lamar for him but at Jets with that D and they have as bad or worse weather anyway so can't do it.

Jason Logan
#NFL WK 14 WEATHER UPDATE (in order of severity)

HOU@NYJ (+3.5, 32.5)🌬️🌬️🌬️🌧️

Worst weather of the week. Some models call for sustained winds 24 mph with gusts 43 mph SSE cross wind. FYI: MetLife Stadium's northwest corner is especially turbulent since knocking down the racetrack this offseason). Rains throughout (heavier in 2H) and "feels like" 52 degrees.

JAX@CLE (-3, 33.5)🌬️🌬️🥶

Rains once expected won't come until evening (25%). Strong winds have calmed a bit but still gusts of 28 mph W end to end. "Feels like" 31 degrees.

LAR@BAL (-7.5, 39.5)🌬️🌧️

The strong winds forecasted earlier in the week are much less. Gusts up to 20 mph crosswind (no longer 45 mph) with rain throughout.

DET@CHI (+3, 42.5)🌬️🥶

Cloudy with gust 21 mph WNW corner to corner. "Feels like" 27 degrees.

IND@CIN (-1.5, 43.5)🌬️🥶

Rain and strong winds no longer forecasted. Gusts up to 18 mph NNW corner to corner. "Feel like" 34 degrees.

GBY@NYG (+6.5, 37.5)🌬️

Monday calls for clear skies with wind gusts up to 20 mph West end to end (again, mind the northeast corner of MetLife) and "feel like" 31 degrees.

TEN@MIA (-13.5, 46.5)🌬️

The other MNF has gusts up to 20 mph NNE corner to corner at Hard Rock.

Def sitting Garrett and probably should consider sitting Puka but that would require me playing Taysom (is he's active) or Aaron Jones (if active) and I would have to grab someone like Wicks incase he's ruled out. Hmmm

Jason Logan
#NFL WK 14 WEATHER UPDATE (in order of severity)

HOU@NYJ (+3.5, 32.5)🌬️🌬️🌬️🌧️

Worst weather of the week. Some models call for sustained winds 24 mph with gusts 43 mph SSE cross wind. FYI: MetLife Stadium's northwest corner is especially turbulent since knocking down the racetrack this offseason). Rains throughout (heavier in 2H) and "feels like" 52 degrees.

JAX@CLE (-3, 33.5)🌬️🌬️🥶

Rains once expected won't come until evening (25%). Strong winds have calmed a bit but still gusts of 28 mph W end to end. "Feels like" 31 degrees.

LAR@BAL (-7.5, 39.5)🌬️🌧️

The strong winds forecasted earlier in the week are much less. Gusts up to 20 mph crosswind (no longer 45 mph) with rain throughout.

DET@CHI (+3, 42.5)🌬️🥶

Cloudy with gust 21 mph WNW corner to corner. "Feels like" 27 degrees.

IND@CIN (-1.5, 43.5)🌬️🥶

Rain and strong winds no longer forecasted. Gusts up to 18 mph NNW corner to corner. "Feel like" 34 degrees.

GBY@NYG (+6.5, 37.5)🌬️

Monday calls for clear skies with wind gusts up to 20 mph West end to end (again, mind the northeast corner of MetLife) and "feel like" 31 degrees.

TEN@MIA (-13.5, 46.5)🌬️

The other MNF has gusts up to 20 mph NNE corner to corner at Hard Rock.
Maybe BALT isn't going to be that bad.

People reacting here as if Lamar has been ripping it up. Nope.

Anyone benching Stroud?

Anyone starting D Pierce?

Why does the richest/most powerful city in the world that has not one but 2 teams play in a poverty spec open air stadium?
I would bench Stroud if I had someone to play, I'm in a deep and I'd be looking at some real flotsam. Don't like the WR or weather situations

Local news in NY... saying rain picks up pretty heavily after 2pm, calling for a major storm here but just rain and wind, 2 inches expected over the duration. But.. maybe they get a clean first half in?

Yea, he's only outscored JLove by more than 4 pts just four times in my league and has 2 more pts overall in the season. If Watson weren't hurt I might be leaning his way.
Do you realize that outscore someone by more than 4 points 1/3 of the time is a lot?

Why does the richest/most powerful city in the world
Toyko is #1 richest by a very large margin and leader for the last half-century. The 20 Richest Cities in the World

1. Tokyo, Japan: $2,055.698 Billion​

The richest city in the world is Tokyo. Home to both invention and innovation, anime's, manga's and of course, robots, Tokyo is known as the financial center of the world.

In fact, Tokyo plays host to the top money-building organizations and minds anywhere on Earth. This includes the burgeoning FinTech, or financial technology industries.

For over 50 years, Tokyo has occupied the top spot, and shows no sign of slowing down. In terms of asset management, FinTech, and ESG investment, Tokyo's continued growth as the worlds most foremost economies appears secured. Fortune Global 500 companies in Tokyo include: Honda Motors, Hitachi, Sony, Mitsubishi and more.

Toyko is #1 richest by a very large margin and leader for the last half-century. The 20 Richest Cities in the World

The richest city in the world is Tokyo. Home to both invention and innovation, anime's, manga's and of course, robots, Tokyo is known as the financial center of the world.

In fact, Tokyo plays host to the top money-building organizations and minds anywhere on Earth. This includes the burgeoning FinTech, or financial technology industries.

For over 50 years, Tokyo has occupied the top spot, and shows no sign of slowing down. In terms of asset management, FinTech, and ESG investment, Tokyo's continued growth as the worlds most foremost economies appears secured. Fortune Global 500 companies in Tokyo include: Honda Motors, Hitachi, Sony, Mitsubishi and more.
And NFL exhibition games played in Tokyo in the past were in a dome.

This has been my go-to weather guy this season and he hasn’t steered me wrong. Main thing to note is he isn’t an alarmist so if he advises caution, it’s probably warranted.

Summary is he’s worried about the HOU/JETS the most. He’s also worried about LAR/BAL just not as much - is predicting run-heavy approaches there.

Anyone benching Stroud?

Anyone starting D Pierce?

Why does the richest/most powerful city in the world that has not one but 2 teams play in a poverty spec open air stadium?
Luckily I have JGoff as well so 100% benching Stroud due the NYJ D and the weather. This means CJ will have 400 yards, 3 TD's and 50 yards rushing, so start with confidence ... :shades:

Man the Weather Channel, Google weather, and AccuWeather all disagree about the NJ\Houston game. Either it will be winds of 8 mph or 25 mph, rain will begin before the game and be very heavy or it will not rain until halftime and then only be light to moderate.

Honestly we have not know what's going on there until right before kickoff.

They all agree about Baltimore. Moderate to heavy rain but light winds between 6 and 9 mph.

I think Baltimore might be messy but they'll be fine.

Is that even a real number?

Shows the % of rain in East Rutherford, NJ, Source: NOAA
Rain / slippery fields favors the offense, because the offense knows where they are going and the defense has to react. Wind on the other hand is bad for the QB.
Yuppers, seeing winds of 10-20 with gusts as high as 30mph, but in that stadium the winds are crazy unpredictable ...
Yeah deciding on G. Wilson vs. Swift vs. McKinnon. Wilson should lineup a lot in the slot to avoid Stingley but the wind is the biggest factor.

Do you realize that outscore someone by more than 4 points 1/3 of the time is a lot?
Do you realize that leaves 9 other weeks unaccounted for that Love has outscored Lamar in most of them dont you? In my 6 pts per td league Love is qb 8 and Lamar qb 15. The math only works out if you include all the games. bottom line is Love has been a better qb for fantasy purposes this year than Lamar. Oh and based on schedule I would much prefer Love in the playoffs.

I have Stroud... deeper league with no benches. I was wondering when running with 1QB after Texans bye was going to hurt me, I'm here.

Picked up Minshew... do I dare make this adjustment? I hate fantasy football.

Tied with the guy I'm playing for last playoff spot. 😂

I have Stroud... deeper league with no benches. I was wondering when running with 1QB after Texans bye was going to hurt me, I'm here.

Picked up Minshew... do I dare make this adjustment? I hate fantasy football.

Tied with the guy I'm playing for last playoff spot. 😂
I'm playing Stroud. Waiver options are Minshew and Dobbs and I just can't bring myself to not roll with Stroud, even with the weather factoring in.

Do you realize that leaves 9 other weeks unaccounted for that Love has outscored Lamar in most of them dont you? In my 6 pts per td league Love is qb 8 and Lamar qb 15. The math only works out if you include all the games. bottom line is Love has been a better qb for fantasy purposes this year than Lamar. Oh and based on schedule I would much prefer Love in the playoffs.
Yeah, putting weather aside today, Lamar has been disappointing.

This whole Monken will open the offense thing still has the Gus Bus running in all the TDs inside the 10.

Considering benching today, but probably wont.

I'm seeing the E. Rutherford, NJ hourly forecast for 1 to 4 eastern not looking terrible, especially in the first half.

1PM: precip chance 56%, 0.01" rainfall, winds 5mph

2PM: precip chance 86%, 0.07" rainfall, winds 7 mph

3PM: precip chance 99%, 0.16" rainfall, winds 9 mph

4PM: precip chance 100%, 0.15" rainfall, winds 9 mph

Seems like weather situation in Baltimore improving. Wind is minimal and it actually looks like there could be a dry spell after kickoff.

Fair points.

Users who are viewing this thread