What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Which defense this week? Buffalo or Minnesota?  Buffalo vs NE or Minnesota vs. Detroit. 

Im leaning Minnesota but supposedly bad weather Monday night might favor Buffalo
I have had pretty mixed results streaming defenses this season particularly when targeting "weak" teams like Det, Jax, NYJ, Texans Chi

Week 1 Car v NYJ - 10 points

Week 3 Ari @ Jax - 14 points

Week 4 Cin v Jax - 1 point

Week 7 Ari v Hou - 16 points

Week 8 Cin @ NYJ - 6 points

Week 9 Pit v Chi - 5 points

Week 10 Pit v Det - 7 points

Week 11 Ten v Hou - 5 points

Week 13 LAR v Jax - ???

In my book I'm 3-5 targeting weak offenses.

So I'm hesitant to recommend benching one of the best Ds even against a tough opponent. Particularly for a marginal defense like Minnesota (I'm 0-5 IMO when I try that, shoulda held onto Ari when I had the chance).

BUT...man it is a tempting matchup with no Swift...NO!!!

Buf>Minn

I've been too snakebit maybe to be objective but I roll out Buffalo at home.

So if Jalen Hurts ends up not starting, these are my options.

Gardner Minshew at Jets

Jimmy Garoppolo at Seattle

Ben Roethlisberger vs Baltimore

Matt Ryan vs Tampa Bay (this would give me a Kyle Pitts stack)!  

Zach Wilson vs Philadelphia

Trevor Lawrence at LA Rams

Mac Jones at Buffalo

Mike Glennon at Miami

Andy Dalton vs Arizona

Anybody see any top 5 QB's in that list?
I mean, too 5? No. Sure it's possible one will, maybe even likely consider you have more than 25% of the QBs in the league there, but I don't have the divining rod to pick which one.

Garappolo & Jones are the hot hands so I choose from one of them.

Both on the road I say go with the best matchup which is very clearly Seattle. With or without Deebo IMO

Garappolo>Jones>>Dalton>Roethlisberger>Ryan>the rest.

BTW the Pitts/Ryan "stack" hasn't exactly put up any results so far. I see no reason to bank on it now.

1 PPR, 1 per 10, 6 per TD

Start two of these:

Alexander Mattison @ DET

Cordarrelle Patterson vs TB

Jamaal Williams vs MIN

Darrell Henderson vs JAX

TIA!
Mattison & Cordarrelle and it isn't really close IMO.

Vikings beat the hell out of their lead back so expect 20+ opportunities. Cordarrelle is unbenchable at this point.

Henderson, even if he's healthy will get an early rest if the Rams do what they should. And if he's not healthy, and it looks like he's not he'll get even more rest.

Campbell also seems to beat the hell out of his lead back but Mattison/Minnesota>>Williams/Detroit IMO.

I have these two or three in all my leagues so I’m wondering which defense to start between LAR vs  , Miami vs NYG (Mike Glennon), and Philly vs NYJ?

Also am trying to decide between Knox vs Pats or Gesicki vs NYG. 
The Rams still have the best talent of the bunch, ON PAPER. But they haven't shown it in the stat columns yet.

Miami has definitely been balling out over the last month too.

I probably still start the Rams but Miami may be the better call. Not confident on this one.

With Davante activated off IR and presumably playing I slightly lean towards Knox, dude has been a TD machine.

Knox>Gesicki

I have these two or three in all my leagues so I’m wondering which defense to start between LAR vs  , Miami vs NYG (Mike Glennon), and Philly vs NYJ?

Also am trying to decide between Knox vs Pats or Gesicki vs NYG. 

Rams are playing Jags, right? I can see why you are torn between that matchup and the Eagles. But neither is playing even remotely close to how good the Dolphins have been the last five weeks. Rams have allowed 117 over their last 4, Dophins 72 over their last 5. LA - 10 sacks, 1 turnover. Miami - 16 sacks, 10 turnovers. Eagles havre 3 TDs over that same 5 week span (Slay is playing insanely good rn), but is that sustainable? Don't overthink it. 

Knox has. been very productive since returning from hand surgery. Gesicki simply hasn't been getting it done. But NE is brutally difficult for TEs in fantasy. In the last three years (>50 G), only 17 TEs have hit double digits, and zero have 100 yards. If we know Josh Allen loves Knox in the RZ, then BB def knows. Gesicki still sees an incredible amount of snaps from the slot (the other two TEs getting snaps are both inline blockers.) His 460 Slot snaps is more than Jaylen Waddle - which is bonkers enough - but it's even way in front of Kelce (388.) It would take Knox 3+ seasons to log that many slot snaps. Tua has not been great at getting him the ball (though he did in Weeks 5 & 6), so there is risk - but I would go with the guy who is more likely to see high value snaps and has the far easier matchup.

1 PPR, 1 per 10, 6 per TD

Start two of these:

Alexander Mattison @ DET

Cordarrelle Patterson vs TB

Jamaal Williams vs MIN

Darrell Henderson vs JAX

TIA!

When he is healthy, Patterson should be an autostart. He's healthy, right? 3 elite games and 6 as an RB1, so not much to think about.

Jamaal is serviceable but not even remotely close to the other two, so ignore all the X-spurts who are recommending him this week based solely on volume. I expect DC to give him a ton of touches bc he's a knucklehead, but at 0-10-1, why wouldn't you have him split duties with the 3rd and 4th stringers who are averaging 14.2 (6-85-1) and 9.4 (5-47-2) YPC? Especially when both are very good receivers. 

Mattison should have a tremendous game (153 YFS in the earlier matchup with Detroit.) Hard to sit Henderson, right? Dance with the one who brought ya, and he's RB12 on the year. But he's also RB18 over the last 5 weeks and RB26 over the last 3 (PPG basis in PPR.) Having a good year, no doubt, but IMO this shouldn't be that hard of decision to go with the fresh legs.

When he is healthy, Patterson should be an autostart. He's healthy, right? 3 elite games and 6 as an RB1, so not much to think about.

Jamaal is serviceable but not even remotely close to the other two, so ignore all the X-spurts who are recommending him this week based solely on volume. I expect DC to give him a ton of touches bc he's a knucklehead, but at 0-10-1, why wouldn't you have him split duties with the 3rd and 4th stringers who are averaging 14.2 (6-85-1) and 9.4 (5-47-2) YPC? Especially when both are very good receivers. 

Mattison should have a tremendous game (153 YFS in the earlier matchup with Detroit.) Hard to sit Henderson, right? Dance with the one who brought ya, and he's RB12 on the year. But he's also RB18 over the last 5 weeks and RB26 over the last 3 (PPG basis in PPR.) Having a good year, no doubt, but IMO this shouldn't be that hard of decision to go with the fresh legs.
Henderson may sit anyways. Sounds like the team isn’t too high on him playing but will test it out. I agree with your thinking. Go with the Mattison and Pattison.

Thanks for the thread.  OK, I have a QB issue.  I have been riding Hurts all year and suddenly have to veer off script.  With Hurts out I have three choices - one if which is too late since Hill played Thursday night already. 

I can grab Minshew Eagles vs Jets

I have Tagovaovia vs NYG

Also Big Ben and Bridgewater are out there.

I have had pretty mixed results streaming defenses this season particularly when targeting "weak" teams like Det, Jax, NYJ, Texans Chi

Week 1 Car v NYJ - 10 points

Week 3 Ari @ Jax - 14 points

Week 4 Cin v Jax - 1 point

Week 7 Ari v Hou - 16 points

Week 8 Cin @ NYJ - 6 points

Week 9 Pit v Chi - 5 points

Week 10 Pit v Det - 7 points

Week 11 Ten v Hou - 5 points

Week 13 LAR v Jax - ???

In my book I'm 3-5 targeting weak offenses.

So I'm hesitant to recommend benching one of the best Ds even against a tough opponent. Particularly for a marginal defense like Minnesota (I'm 0-5 IMO when I try that, shoulda held onto Ari when I had the chance).

BUT...man it is a tempting matchup with no Swift...NO!!!

Buf>Minn

I've been too snakebit maybe to be objective but I roll out Buffalo at home.
I know right? Seems like a layup to start Minn vs. Detroit but Im still hesitant. Im leaning Buffalo. 😀

Debating throwing a dart with Josh Reynolds. Has familiarity with Goff, caught the Lions first deep pass since week 2 (#truestorybro), probably the most talented WR in the league’s worst WR room. On the other hand he’s not an especially good football player (drops & costly penalties in his first two games.) Vikings pass D is suspect, 2nd most FF points allowed to WR.

Would sit Courtland Sutton, who hasn’t done jack since mid-October. KC gives up the 7th fewest points to WRs, and Teddy isn’t 100%. Other starters (with Adams on a bye) are Lamb & Cooks.

I really am struggling this week with my last Flex:

RB .5 PPR/WR 1 PPR/TE 1.5 PPR (TE not required to start but can be done so in the WR/TE slots)

I'm trying to decide between:

Barkley Vs Miami with possibly no Jones to take some looks off of him in the ground game in what is a bad rushing matchup to begin with. 

Hockenson vs Min who has been shutting down TE's as of late

Hopkins who Kingsbury has already said will be on a pitch count given the weather 

I'm leaning Hockenson given the 1.5 PPR, if he gets 2-3 catches I'm happy.  Anyone think Barkley or Hopkins is a better play? (imagine saying that before week 1 this year....)

I really am struggling this week with my last Flex:

RB .5 PPR/WR 1 PPR/TE 1.5 PPR (TE not required to start but can be done so in the WR/TE slots)

I'm trying to decide between:

Barkley Vs Miami with possibly no Jones to take some looks off of him in the ground game in what is a bad rushing matchup to begin with. 

Hockenson vs Min who has been shutting down TE's as of late

Hopkins who Kingsbury has already said will be on a pitch count given the weather 

I'm leaning Hockenson given the 1.5 PPR, if he gets 2-3 catches I'm happy.  Anyone think Barkley or Hopkins is a better play? (imagine saying that before week 1 this year....)
I like Barkley to get a lot of catches with Glennon, but really close with Hockenson.

Emmanuel Sanders or Marvin Jones non ppr. 

Tough one as both vets flashed early but haven’t done bubkis the last month - minty & a half. Pats are a much tougher matchup than the Rams in terms of FFPA to WRs. MJJ leads his team in Targets & snap counts (admittedly, tallest midget in the room stuff.)

I’d lean on Marvin but it’s def close.

Struggling with who to bench in 0.5 ppr:

Waddle vs NYG

Monty vs ARI

Pittman vs HOU

I also have Michel but risky to wait until 4pm as everyone above plays at 1pm.

Right now I have Pittman on bench because I feel like Indy won't need to pass much

Last edited by a moderator:
Std scoring...Deciding if I like Miles Sanders over Van Jefferson at flex. I want to...but trusting that RB situation leaves me in a bad spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to byes and injuries, I have to decide on this sorry bunch for a non-ppr flex:

Marvin Jones, Nyheim Hines or Zach Ertz?
Hines may give you the best chance to really break something.

Ertz has been good lately...but does he have that same chemistry with Murray who looks like he will be back.  Hopkins may be back too but limited.

I don't trust much out of Jacksonville.

So I think a tossup between Hines breaking a long one and Ertz having chemistry with Murray.

Alright, let's go:

PPR, need two 2RB working on the assumption Henderson is out, will additionally need a flex if Hopkins is unexpectedly out, leaning Freeman/Robinson then Boyd if needed:

• Freeman @ Stealers
  • JRob @ Rams (likely limited)
  • Burkhead v Colts
  • Hines @ Texans
  • Boyd v Clippers
Also PPR, need WR, TE and two flexes, leaning bench Crowder:

• Moreau v WFT
  • Gesicki v Giants
  • Goedert @ Jets
  • Shenault @ Rams
  • Crowder v Eagles
Half PPR, need two, leaning bench Moore/Renfrow but benching Metcalf is getting tempting:

• Metcalf v Niners
  • Cooks v Colts
  • Renfrow v WFT
  • Moore v Eagles
Will answer a few people's now

.5 PPR

Saquon Barkley at Miami

Michael Pittman at Houston 
Barkley

Standard league: Van Jefferson vs JAX or DeVante Parker vs NYG
Jefferson

Thanks to byes and injuries, I have to decide on this sorry bunch for a non-ppr flex:

Marvin Jones, Nyheim Hines or Zach Ertz?
urgh, would probably chuck Ertz in if Hopkins is unexpectedly inactive, otherwise probably chuck in MJJ but not like it

Std scoring...Deciding if I like Miles Sanders over Van Jefferson at flex. I want to...but trusting that RB situation leaves me in a bad spot.
I'd probably go Sanders

Struggling with who to bench:

Waddle vs NYG

Monty vs ARI

Pittman vs HOU

Right now I have Pittman on bench because I feel like Indy won't need to pass much
I show Pittman as the highest rated this week, I would sit Monty. As a Monty owner I hope not but it is a tough matchup.

.5 ppr - in my flex

Miles Sanders or Van Jefferson?

Thanks
I think of Sanders plays you play him at this point. Regardless of Hurts's status, but particularly if he's out. Philly has really committed to the running game 27.5 rushes per game to the RBs. Sanders had a season high opportunities two weeks ago and was out touching the other Philly RBs before exiting early last week.

I am high on Jefferson and he's a big play waiting to happen but I have to lean towards the guy in line for 15 opportunities over the guy who probably maxes out at 7 targets.

M.Sanders > Jefferson

Final flex ppr.  Lots of options none good

Hasty or Wilson @ sea

Tj Johnson vs phl

Meyers @ buf

Shenault @ lar

Uzomah vs lac

Emmanuel Sanders or Marvin Jones non ppr. 
I don't think I have recommended a Jax WR in these h2h in many weeks but I'm going to here. Sanders has really fallen off over the last five games. Jones hasn't done anything over that span either but the difference is Jones has 10 more targets over that span and his targets are significantly more consistent.

Non-ppr is a concern but it's not like Sanders is a TD machine by comparison.

Jones>E.Sanders

I think of Sanders plays you play him at this point. Regardless of Hurts's status, but particularly if he's out. Philly has really committed to the running game 27.5 rushes per game to the RBs. Sanders had a season high opportunities two weeks ago and was out touching the other Philly RBs before exiting early last week.

I am high on Jefferson and he's a big play waiting to happen but I have to lean towards the guy in line for 15 opportunities over the guy who probably maxes out at 7 targets.

M.Sanders > Jefferson
Sanders is terrible and never the right option, but this post is correct.  Jefferson is just not the kind of guy you start over any rb who will be touching the ball 15 times a game.

0.5 PPR Boston Scott ot Rashod Bateman (I'm facing Lamar Jackson)
I put almost no weight towards matching up my players with my opponents players.

If Scott plays he's probably going to get more touches than Bateman. I like Bateman's consistent target numbers but they are only middle of the back for volume and he gets almost no usage near the goal line.

Scott>Bateman

Alright, let's go:

PPR, need two 2RB working on the assumption Henderson is out, will additionally need a flex if Hopkins is unexpectedly out, leaning Freeman/Robinson then Boyd if needed:

• Freeman @ Stealers
  • JRob @ Rams (likely limited)
  • Burkhead v Colts
  • Hines @ Texans
  • Boyd v Clippers
Also PPR, need WR, TE and two flexes, leaning bench Crowder:

• Moreau v WFT
  • Gesicki v Giants
  • Goedert @ Jets
  • Shenault @ Rams
  • Crowder v Eagles
Half PPR, need two, leaning bench Moore/Renfrow but benching Metcalf is getting tempting:

• Metcalf v Niners
  • Cooks v Colts
  • Renfrow v WFT
  • Moore v Eagles
Will answer a few people's now
My only objection is that I'd argue sea is broken right now and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable starting any of thier players if you've got options you're happy with.  If you see a big game out of Moore or Renfrow, start them.

Ertz or Gesicki 

CEH or Gaskin
PPR? That info is important.

Close calls 

Go with your gut on the first, I lean Gesicki for no defensible reason.

I like Gaskins over CEH. Miami's improved play has coincided with increased usage of Gaskin (Gesicki's usage has dropped a little over that span).

Gesicki>Ertz

Gaskin>CEH

Tua or Wentz?
I prefer Wentz as a player but it's hard to see Indy being forced to throw too much, particularly after all the criticism over 20+ consecutive passes during.one stretch last week.

Both these teams try to limit QB usage somewhat but I think Tua will probably throw more because their lesser running game.

Tua>Wentz

0.5 PPR, 12 team deep league

Bye week and injury desperation weeks (only one more week!)

Need a 2nd flex (RB/WR/TE):

F. Moreau v Was. (whom I currently have in there, eeek, reeks of desperation)

R. Burkhead v Ind

M. Breida v NE

R. Gage (FA) v TB (would drop Moreau)

TIA Chaka, as always, you're the best.

Thanks for the thread.  OK, I have a QB issue.  I have been riding Hurts all year and suddenly have to veer off script.  With Hurts out I have three choices - one if which is too late since Hill played Thursday night already. 

I can grab Minshew Eagles vs Jets

I have Tagovaovia vs NYG

Also Big Ben and Bridgewater are out there.
Tua is the best of your options and it isn't very close IMO.

But there are conflicting reports on Hurts. I believe he is officially a GTD so keep monitoring the updates.

Debating throwing a dart with Josh Reynolds. Has familiarity with Goff, caught the Lions first deep pass since week 2 (#truestorybro), probably the most talented WR in the league’s worst WR room. On the other hand he’s not an especially good football player (drops & costly penalties in his first two games.) Vikings pass D is suspect, 2nd most FF points allowed to WR.

Would sit Courtland Sutton, who hasn’t done jack since mid-October. KC gives up the 7th fewest points to WRs, and Teddy isn’t 100%. Other starters (with Adams on a bye) are Lamb & Cooks.
I have no problem with starting Reynolds, I guess.

Sutton is by far the better player but Denver distributes their opportunities all over the place and as a result Sutton has probably hurt you more often than helped this season.

Dallas Goedert or Dawson Knox?? .5PPR
I think this depends a little on Hurts's status. I think Minshew would feed Goedert far more than Hurts and also look to him near the goal line.

If Hurts plays then Knox>Goedert

If Minshew plays Goedert>Knox

Users who are viewing this thread