What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

With the forecast of wind at MetLife in NJ, and Sterling Shephard sounding more like a no-go, should I drop Eli as a bye-week fill in, for Fitz-tragic or Cutler? Looks like you prefer Fitz no matter what in your rankings.

Jamal Williams worth a nod over D. Martin or Abdullah in non-PPR?

Good morning Sig. Non-PPR, would you start E Engram, A Abdullah, or M Lee at flex?

Other starters are Brees, M Ingram, McKinnon, Evans, M Thomas, Kelce, Texans D, Bryant. 

Hi Sig I have doubts you'll get to this before I hit the tailgate but here goes... whatchagot:

- in one league I need a QB start for today - I was going with Bortles but the CLE weather is bugging me. This is a QB yardage heavy league and picks are heavily penalized.

- So stick with Bortles, or go with Keenum, Fitz, Cutler, Gabbert, Huntley, Peterman?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nonppr , start1 :D

**D.Parker vs TB or
R.Woods at MINN?  :unsure:

**Drake vs TB, Alf vs Phil, McKinnon vs LAR or AP at Texans?  :shock:

****Is David Johnson, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, A.Ekeler, A.Rodgers, BigBen  & Greg Olsen worth a pickup?  :wall:
nonppr  * I am 10-0 and will get a bye with one more win.
my lineup***could drop WR or a RB or Hold?
start QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1rb/wr, 1te,1d,1k
QB-Brady
RB- Zeke (sus), Hunt, Gurley, McKinnon, Alf Morris, K.Drake, AP
WR-Baldwin, D.Parker, K.Benjamin, Robert Woods
TE-Engran, D-Jax and K-Butker

Thank You  :tebow:
woods mckinnon 

hmm thats tough i might drop morris and drake for ekeler and DJ

Need to break glass in case of emergency now that S. Sheppard is questionable at best.

Need one in PPR:

* D. Parker vs TB -- Good matchup, but seems reliant on garbage time and is destined to land on 5-60 always.

or

* D. Martin @MIA -- The matchup and volume are there. Not sure if the O line or the rest of the team are though.

Which?

Thanks

Defense question.

Now that 40-50 mph winds are projected in East Rutherford and Eli may be missing S. Sheppard, would you bench the BALT D and go with KC D?

Thanks

STD scoring

I currently have starting:

• Tyreke Hill
  • Robert Woods
On my bench:

• Ted Ginn
  • Jordy Nelson
  • Emanuel Sanders
Due to weather for KC game, does Sanders move into Hill's spot?  Anyone else?

Thanks in advance for the input, Bloom. 

I currently have Matt Ryan and am just not all that confident that he can win my league for me. the Stafford owner is willing to deal for basically any upgrade at RB/WR since he already has Brees and will never use Stafford. 

12-team, non PPR, 3yr Keeper league (2018 keeper rounds listed after player). Current record: 8-1 (QRRWWTFKD)

My roster:

• QB: Ryan, Watson (18)
  • RB: Zeke, Crowell (4), Cohen (18), Kamara (15), Collins (18), Conner (16), Drake (18), David Johnson (1)
  • WR: AB, Baldwin, Diggs, Corey Davis (8), J. Gordon (18)
  • TE: Gronk
  • K: Butker
  • DST: JAX
What would be a fair offer to get Stafford... and do you think Stafford is, in fact, an upgrade over Ryan?

1/2 pt PPR, 1 pt/10 yards everywhere.  Does BAL fall behind with no real receiving targets and Woodhead get lots of short catches?  Is SEA playing from behind with ATL given the shape of their secondary, and Baldwin gets doubled?

Leaning toward Richardson as Woodhead might have limited snaps to start

Sig -

Good morning! Really could use some advice here at RB. I have Freeman (out) & Hyde (bye). 

Need 2 - .5 PPR

A.  Collins 

J. White

A. Ekeler

R. Smith

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Sig!

2 questions for you:

1. Which QB this week? Fitzpatrick, Bortles, Rivers, Flacco, Keenum, Cutler, or Gabbert?

2. Full ppr. Need to pick a flex out of: Doug Martin, Rex Burkhead, Dion Lewis, Josh Doctson, or Bruce Ellington.

Is Clay worth using this week and stashing to use for weeks 13-16? Or drop and stream from available TE's from your "Bye week coverage" tier. Also have ASJ on bye, 12 team, PPR. Thanks Sig
i would drop and get a bye coverage TE

Bloom!

PPR- flex question, I know JAX run D has improved with Dareus but with possible snowy weather in Cleveland, would you go with Crowell or Martin @ MIA? 

Also, best ROS WR stash (PPR)- 

Coleman, Inman, Martavis, Golladay or Westbrook?

TIA!

What about if Woodhead is good to go? Still Martin?
woodhead in ppr martin in non

stash bryant

Hi Sig,

Thanks again for taking the time. 2 questions:

1. 0.75 PPR - Burkhead, Woodhead, Mixon or E. Sanders at flex? Down a bunch facing Ben and Brown - projected to lose by 14. Currently starting Sanders but not sure (team listed below). 

2. 12 team, 2QB, 0.75 PPR lg. Current team:

Brady, Goff, Teddy B

Kamara, Mixon, T Coleman, Burkhead, Zeke 

Tyreek, Diggs, Sanders, Funchess

Henry and Davis at TE

Would you sell high and trade Goff, Tyreek, and Burkhead for Stafford and Baldwin, or stand pat? I'm likely in the playoffs so looking at weeks 14-16.

Thanks again
rex

stick w goff side

Alright, the Fournette news has forced me into a tough situation. Full PPR and need to fill two RB spots and one FLEX spot. Who do you go with:

Fournette, D. Martin, D. Lewis, Crowell, B. Allen, Rudolph, Dede, and I have Ivory if Fournette doesn't play.
lewis and martin, rudolph

Thanks Sig,

FFPC scoring:

Need 2 of the following:

J.Mixon @ Den

D.Lewis @ Oak

J.McKinnon vs LAR

D.Jackson @ Mia

M.Sanu @ Sea

R.Woods @ Minn

Worried about Green remaining schedule and Freeman's injury.

Would you trade AJ Green/Burkhead for McCoy/K. Allen in full PPR league? He also has S. Shepard or both DEN WRs as options instead of Allen. 

QB - Goff

RB - Gordon, Freeman, Burkhead, R. Smith, McKissic

WR - Green, M. Jones, C. Hogan, A. Cooper, Coleman, Watkins

TE - Gronk

Thanks. 
lean no bc i really like rex outlook

Hello!

Goff or Rivers this week? I'm on the fence due to Goff playing the Vikings.

Have a little dilemma at WR & Flex in PPR. Keep Diggs in my 3rd WR slot & flex T. Hill or remove Diggs for Hill & then flex L. Miller, Kupp, Lynch or A. Collins. Thoughts?

In another PPR, need to fill TWO flex slots. Have Inman & E. Sanders in now. Stand pat or swap one for K. Benjamin, Marvin Jones, J. Cook and/or Doctson?

Finally, Detroit or Houston DEF this week?

TIA!
goff

diggs

stand pat

DET

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade deadline is Sunday. Would you deal Alshon + a mid to late 1st and two late 2nds for AJ Green & Dede?

Currently own Evans, Michael Thomas, Baldwin in addition to Alshon, so I’m pretty solid at WR. Debating whether to keep the picks to add youth next year or roll out Evans, Baldwin, AJ, & Thomas at WR in a push for the title.

RBs are Freeman/Coleman, Howard, Powell, Lynch and ADP.

appeciate your insight
yes

Mr. Bloom, please rank the below flex options (standard):

Fitzgerald 2

Burkhead 1

Mixon 3

M. Jones 4

Also, please rank the blow TE options (standard):

Kroft 1

CJ Fiedorowiczlichtensteinberg 3

Ebron 2

Watson 4

Gresham 5

Thanks for your help

Hi Sig. Trade question...

Get McCaffery

Send McKinnon, Dion Lewis, & Zeke

Playoff contender trading to another playoff contender. My team is great, but I'm not sure I have enough firepower to get through to win it all (and I think it's unlikely the other team would meet me in week 16 and beat me with Zeke...). Would McCaffery give me a more reliable weekly RB option and the ceiling to get to and win the 'ship? Or is it worth holding Zeke and hope I end up with an easier path to week 16? PPR.

My team:

QB Wilson

RBs Kamara, McKinnon, Coleman, Drake, Lewis, R. Smith, Zeke

WRs Baldwin, M Thomas, Parker, JuJu, Davis, Doctson

TEs Watson (streaming; Olsen coming off IR next week)
hold zeke and hope

FBG write up on J. Williams in matchup section says gained over 50 yards after contact last week based on sheer grit. Yet in the "recent game summary" from the same game it says he "struggled to gain any ground especially after first contact".  Which is it and is he worth a start?
It was a little of both, Matt Waldman wrote about how the light bulb came on for him during the game. I wouldn't play him vs BAL run D, but outlook may improve if he continues to start in upcoming weeks

Hey Sig,

Thanks again for doing these. Locked up bye in 12-Team PPR league so I’m looking ahead to Week 15. 

Would you deal Burkhead for Big Ben (I have AB at wideout) to take advantage of the Week 15 matchup against NE at home? Currently starting Russell Wilson who gets the Rams at home that week. Other RB’s are McKinnon, Ingram, Tevin, Perine, DJ. 

Also, is it worth acquiring Fitz for an ‘18 4th if my wideouts are AB, Thomas, Adams, Coleman and Westbrook? Worried that I have a hole at wideout. Thanks!
get fitz, hold rex

Sig,

im a redskin fan so that’s my first problem. Therefore I’m a josh Doctson Truther, next problem. This week seems like the week he puts up big #s with grant out and a potential shootout. Me aware you would start both Marvin Jones or Rex over him in ppr but is there a way you can see this not being a crazy start over those other two just mentioned? Ppr. If Doctson is never going to be trustable is it time to turn his spot into a stash for breida, Conner, foreman, mckissic? 
i wont talk you out of doctson over jones this week. interested to see how harris performs too

Hi Sig,

Thanks for answering my previous question. Got 2 more.

FFPC scoring.

Q1
With the QB change on his new team, I don't know what to think about Kelvin Benjamin now. Was planning to flex him. How do you feel about the following options instead.
Rod Smith v Phil, James White in Mexico v Oak, McKissic v Atl

Q2
Not sure about Woodhead's status this week. I'm curious where would you rank Javorius Allen at GB relative to White and/or Smith?

Thanks!
id go w white

wouldnt play allen

1/2 pt PPR, please pick 3.

J Williams vs Ravens

D Parker vs Bucs 

AP at Texans

E Engram vs Chiefs

Dion Lewis vs Raiders

thanks!

PPR League. Need a flex.

* A. Cooper vs NE -- Shootout? Does Gilmore cover?

or

* R. Burkhead @OAK -- Seems to be a greater part of the offense. Hogan out. Never know what game plan is for BB and the RBs.

Which?

Could this be a situation where if Gillislee is inactive, go Burkhead? If Gillislee active that would mean to me that he's in the gameplan and would siphon away touches from Burkhead.

Thanks
coop

PPR League. RBs get 1 pt per every 4 rushing attempts.

Need one:

* TJ Yeldon @CLE -- If LF is out only. Tough matchup, bad weather, but could be run run run for JAX.

* A. Abdullah @CHI -- Nother tough matchup but Washington is out.

* A. Collins @GB -- Tough matchup, but should get touches in close game.

Assuming LF out, go Yeldon?

Thanks
collins

Preparing for rotten weather in East Rutherford NJ tmrw.

As of noon EST Saturday, local forecasts are calling for 40 to 50 mph wind gusts. Conventional wisdom indicates that anything over 15-20 mph impacts the passing game. Advanced analytics also show pass attempts drop, rushing attempts increase.

As of right  now, I'm starting both of T. Hill and S. Sheppard in the NYG/KC game.

* Question: Would you bench either T. Hill or S. Sheppard or both for D. Parker, D. Martin or Rex Burkhead in a PPR league who all have excellent matchups in great weather? 

Thanks
shepard for rex

Hi Bloom and thanks in advance.

I need a flex WR or TE ppr 0.5 pts per rec.

On my bench, Richardson, Doctson, Golladay+ Hunter Henry. Rank please. Waiver Te's Gresham, Ebron, M. Lewis. Waiver Wr's Ellington & T. Gabriel, K. Cole.

Hi Sig.  Thanks in advance.  I have two questions and if you can provide your rational for who and why, I'd appreciate it.

PPR, 6PTS/TD, 1PT/10 yds rushing, 1PT/10 yds receiving, Bonus at 100 yds receiving or rushing

WDIS?

1. @ RB, I need to pick 2 of the following:  Doug Martin, Dion Lewis, Alex Collins, CJ Anderson
  2. @ WR, I need to pick 3 of the following:  Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Michael Thomas, Mo Sanu

• Leaning Martin and Lewis @ RB. 

• Leaning Allen, Amari and Thomas @ WR (should i worry about Thomas vs Norman + the NO run game? additionally, given SEA is down Sherman and Chancellor, does that make Sanu more appealing even though they are on the road?
THANKS

​
i like lewis w gillislee role smaller and martin w tb d bouncing back

sitting sanu bc his role is shrinking, expect hooper to be #2 target tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread