What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

O.K. Fair and Final opinions needed:
ALL are FFPC scoring:

Team A:
Need TWO:
R.Mostert vs LAV
D.K. Metcalf @ LAR
A.Thielen vs Dall
N.Brown vs AZ(if healthy)

Team B:
Need ONE:

T.Lockett @ LAR
D.Schultz vs AZ
A.Thielen vs Dall

Team C:
Need TWO:

D.Singletary vs AZ
B. Aiyuk vs TB
A.Thielen vs Dall
L.Musgrave vs LAC

Team D:
Need ONE:

C.Samuel vs NYG(if healthy)
C.Otton @ SF

This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).
3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Let's hit the playoffs push!
Hi Chaka - We're a half pt ppr, this week I have WR starter questions: I need the best 3 of these guys:

N Collins vs AZ - haven't heard if he's playing yet. Have you?
B Cooks at Car
Gabe Davis vs NYJ
Ridley vs Tenn
DJ Moore @ Det

Thanks in advance - appreciate the help !

full ppr flex - pick one
Tank dell v arizona
Dalton Kincaid v Jets

Tank feels higher ceiling but lower floor. Dalton feels like the safer bet. Thoughts?

Kyler (vs Hou) or Dobbs (vs Den). QB's only get 4 per TD and -2 per intro. It's also possible for me to have the Dobbs/Jefferson stack if Jefferson plays. Thanks!

NON-PPR

J Ford vs Pitt or
D. Henderson vs Seahawks

Ford the better play even without goal line touches?

TE-premium league (1.5 PPR), already starting Engram.

Got a flex spot where I usually like using a 2nd TE (in most weeks it'd been Waller). I have Otton and Freiermuth that I could plug in there.... or Quentin Johnson. Zay Jones also available.

16-teamer, so pickins be slim.

full ppr flex - pick one
Tank dell v arizona
Dalton Kincaid v Jets

Tank feels higher ceiling but lower floor. Dalton feels like the safer bet. Thoughts?
Noah Brown and Nico Collins are questionable right now. If one or both don't play, more opportunities open up for Dell. I am leaning Dell

Need 3 out of this bunch in standard scoring

Garrett Wilson (Q) @ BUF
Jaylen Waddle v LVR
Jakobi Meyers @ MIA
Amari Cooper v PIT (DTR starting at QB)
Romeo Doubs @ LAC

I think the real question probably boils down to #3 with Wilson and Waddle likely in even though production has not been great for either.

D question:

* CLE D vs PIT - I benched CLE last week for SEA D...big mistake. Lowest O/U on the board. PIT will try and run to hide Pickett and reduce sacks/turnovers. Slam dunk for points for low yards and points, but PIT generally takes care of the ball.

or

* Miami D vs LV -- At home, LV travelling east, but LV looking better and has won 2 in a row. Still, Miami could get up big and pin their ears back.

Which D?

Thanks

Garrett Wilson (Q) @ BUF
Jaylen Waddle v LVR
Jakobi Meyers @ MIA
Romeo Doubs @ LAC

I think the real question probably boils down to #3 with Wilson and Waddle likely in even though production has not been great for either.
Yeah Wilson and Waddle can't be sat. I think you probably go with Meyers until we see how/if DTR feeds Cooper. Down on Doubs even with a fairly nice matchup.

PPR league. Need to BENCH one of them. Tough call. Wish I could start all of them.

* D. Montgomery vs CHI -- Revenge game, but CHI is surprisingly tough against the run (and lousy against pass catching backs). Some data on CHI D. They've held the following to:

- C. Hubbard: 9-23-0
- A. Kamara: 9-26 (but 4-44)
- A. Ekeler: 15-29 (but 7-94-1)
- J. Jacobs: 11-35
- A. Mattison (18-44)

Note: I'm already starting J. Gibbs to take advantage of what looks like a D that can't defend RBs out of the backfield.

* R. Mostert vs LV - Achane back, but the matchup is delish. LV gets run over and is decent against the pass. Could be more efficient with less touches. Then again, it could be the Achane show.

* T. McBride @HOU -- Has been Kelce like lately and his target share is insane. HOU is dead last in defending TEs. Matchup is there.

Who do you bench?

Thanks!

Last edited:
PPR league. Need to BENCH one of them. Tough call. Wish I could start all of them.

* D. Montgomery vs CHI -- Revenge game, but CHI is surprisingly tough against the run (and lousy against pass catching backs). Maybe a Gibbs game?

* R. Mostert vs LV - Achane back, but the matchup is delish. LV gets run over and is decent against the pass. Could be more efficient with less touches. Then again, it could be the Achane show.

* T. Dell vs AZ -- Great matchup and N. Brown is questionable. Getting targeted a ton and this could be a sneaky high scorer.

* T. McBride @HOU -- Has been Kelce like lately and his target share is insane. HOU is dead last in defending TEs. Matchup is there.

Who do you bench?

Thanks!
I'd bench Montgomery. Gibbs' usage is up and his skillset matches up with Chicago's deficiencies, as you noted. Seems like a 65-75 yard, 1 TD game for Monty. All others on your list have way more upside.

Garrett Wilson (Q) @ BUF
Jaylen Waddle v LVR
Jakobi Meyers @ MIA
Romeo Doubs @ LAC

Yeah Wilson and Waddle can't be sat. I think you probably go with Meyers until we see how/if DTR feeds Cooper. Down on Doubs even with a fairly nice matchup.
Cooper had 1 catch on 6 targets the last time DTR started. But Cooper is also a guy that I hate to sit because he will randomly throw in those monster outings when you don't expect it. Meyers has been a little underwhelming of late.

TE-premium league (1.5 PPR), already starting Engram.

Got a flex spot where I usually like using a 2nd TE (in most weeks it'd been Waller). I have Otton and Freiermuth that I could plug in there.... or Quentin Johnson. Zay Jones also available.

16-teamer, so pickins be slim.
I looked at this earlier and honestly couldn't decide. After letting it settle a bit, I still don't have a clue. I'll be honest, I don't really like any of these plays. I might roll the dice with Jones and a hope that JAX can exploit that TEN defense, but my expectations are minimal.

Trade question. I'm starting to look to playoff schedules in one league. I'm pretty locked into a spot unless multiple catastrophic events take place.

Still trying to sell high on R. Mostert and I think the T. Pollard owner will bite. Reasons I'm interested:

1) Strength of Schedule
2) Achane back in the mix
3) Mostert seems to have slowed down after a hot start

Schedules for each weeks 15-17:

* Pollard: @BUF, @MIA, DET
* Mostert: NYJ, DAL, @bal

Feel like Pollard's is a bit more than slightly better. Weeks leading up to the playoffs also give Pollard an advantage.

Also feel that Pollard has some serious positive regression coming. He's been unlucky on the goaline in a big way.

Have read the stats fully and it's clear Pollard isn't running outside much and hasn't been involved in the pass/screen game as much as usual. Yup. Maybe that changes.

Also thinking maybe I'd rather have a more consistent player vs. volatile come the playofffs. Mostert is more boom/bust. My starters:

* L. Jackson
* RB: J. Gibbs, D. Montgomery, Kyren Williams
* WR: ASTB, B. Aiyuk, T. Dell
* TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride
* D: CLE, MIA

So, basically, who would you rather have understanding the above for the stretch run? Mostert or Pollard?

Thanks
I'm hard pressed to find a reason to choose Pollard over Mostert that doesn't simply boil down to "a hunch".

The schedules aren't appreciably different (the Jets are one of the worst run defenses and the Lions are one of the best).

Mostert produced just fine when Achane was in the lineup previously.

And the only consistency with Pollard has been consistently bad.

Mostert has 13 TDs on the season with a score in 7 of 9 games.

TD regression/progression could happen but how many players could that apply to? Why will Pollard be the beneficiary and Mostert giver?

You have a hunch and I fully support following it there is reason to believe the Cowboys RB should eventually improve, I have considered acquiring him myself for the same reasons. But if you're looking for a logical analysis, IMO the conclusion supports

Mostert>Pollard

Trade question. I'm starting to look to playoff schedules in one league. I'm pretty locked into a spot unless multiple catastrophic events take place.

Still trying to sell high on R. Mostert and I think the T. Pollard owner will bite. Reasons I'm interested:

1) Strength of Schedule
2) Achane back in the mix
3) Mostert seems to have slowed down after a hot start

Schedules for each weeks 15-17:

* Pollard: @BUF, @MIA, DET
* Mostert: NYJ, DAL, @bal

Feel like Pollard's is a bit more than slightly better. Weeks leading up to the playoffs also give Pollard an advantage.

Also feel that Pollard has some serious positive regression coming. He's been unlucky on the goaline in a big way.

Have read the stats fully and it's clear Pollard isn't running outside much and hasn't been involved in the pass/screen game as much as usual. Yup. Maybe that changes.

Also thinking maybe I'd rather have a more consistent player vs. volatile come the playofffs. Mostert is more boom/bust. My starters:

* L. Jackson
* RB: J. Gibbs, D. Montgomery, Kyren Williams
* WR: ASTB, B. Aiyuk, T. Dell
* D: CLE, MIA

So, basically, who would you rather have understanding the above for the stretch run? Mostert or Pollard?

Thanks
I'm hard pressed to find a reason to choose Pollard over Mostert that doesn't simply boil down to "a hunch".

The schedules aren't appreciably different (the Jets are one of the worst run defenses and the Lions are one of the best).

Mostert produced just fine when Achane was in the lineup previously.

And the only consistency with Pollard has been consistently bad.

Mostert has 13 TDs on the season with a score in 7 of 9 games.

TD regression/progression could happen but how many players could that apply to? Why will Pollard be the beneficiary and Mostert giver?

You have a hunch and I fully support following it there is reason to believe the Cowboys RB should eventually improve, I have considered acquiring him myself for the same reasons. But if you're looking for a logical analysis, IMO the conclusion supports

Mostert>Pollard
Thanks.

Super rational analysis.

For whatever reason, I'm hell bent on getting rid of Mostert, but maybe Pollard aint quite the guy.

Trade Question. PPR league.

* Question: Trade T. McBride & B. Aiyuk for C. Kupp?

In discussion with the Kupp owner who just lost M. Andrews. This would be a move to improve floor and ceiling come playoff time. Aiyuk a little up and down in a low passing volume offense. As for McBride, I own T. Kelce (although I have a hunch McBride is going to be flex worthy down the stretch).

Current lineup:

* QB: L. Jackson
* RB: J. Gibbs, D. Montgomery, R. Mostert, Kyren Williams (other stashes).
* WR: ASTBrown, B. Aiyuk, T. Dell, R. Moore
* D: Cle, Mia

Feel pretty good about this team, but this could be a rare opportunity.

Sit tight? Or go for Kupp?

Thanks

In discussion with the Kupp owner who just lost M. Andrews. This would be a move to improve floor and ceiling come playoff time. Aiyuk a little up and down in a low passing volume offense. As for McBride, I own T. Kelce (although I have a hunch McBride is going to be flex worthy down the stretch).

Current lineup:

Thanks
I’m pulling trigger on that trade with your roster.

Current lineup:

Thanks
I would keep Aiyuk and McBride. Aiyuk averaging about 7 targets a game with 3 weeks where he topped that. Kupp averaging 9, but I don't trust that both he and Stafford will stay healthy and result in Kupp producing like last year (even if healthy). I could see Aiyuk outscoring Kupp but even if he doesn't, I would not give up McBride.
Besides McBride being a good flex, he is also Kelce injury insurance.

Last edited:
Full PPR, Bonuses for 100 yards rec/rushing and for long TDs, 6 pts TDs; TE scoring is more favorable (i.e., 7 pts for TDs, bonuses at 75 yards rec/rushing, etc.)

Need 3 from this group (bolded those currently in lineup):

Achane v. LV (limited snaps?)
Mostert v. LV (split with Achane)
Pollard @ CAR (if he doesn't produce v. CAR, bench fodder rest of the season)
Ford v. PIT (no Watson...defense focuses on run game?)
Singletary v. ARI (last week a fluke?)
LaPorta v. CHI (has been solid with 16 points/week)
Kincaid v. NYJ (averaging 19.75 points over last 4 weeks)

Thanks.
***UPDATE***

Achane officially off IR.

That said...eggs in one basket with him and Mostert or diversify with another? Would suck if he played 5 snaps and most were throwing plays.

Full PPR, Bonuses for 100 yards rec/rushing and for long TDs, 6 pts TDs; TE scoring is more favorable (i.e., 7 pts for TDs, bonuses at 75 yards rec/rushing, etc.)

Need 3 from this group (bolded those currently in lineup):

Achane v. LV (limited snaps?)
Mostert v. LV (split with Achane)
Pollard @ CAR (if he doesn't produce v. CAR, bench fodder rest of the season)
Ford v. PIT (no Watson...defense focuses on run game?)
Singletary v. ARI (last week a fluke?)
LaPorta v. CHI (has been solid with 16 points/week)
Kincaid v. NYJ (averaging 19.75 points over last 4 weeks)

Thanks.
***UPDATE***

Achane officially off IR.

That said...eggs in one basket with him and Mostert or diversify with another? Would suck if he played 5 snaps and most were throwing plays.

"Glass Half Full": He could play five snaps....and score twice.

Do I start Ty Chandler over Diontae, Ridley and Meyers? Or just drop Chandler and start Henderson. Seattle’s been bad vs the run. Especially in the past five games. Whereas Denver has improved.

Do I start Ty Chandler over Diontae, Ridley and Meyers? Or just drop Chandler and start Henderson. Seattle’s been bad vs the run. Especially in the past five games. Whereas Denver has improved.
It sounds like Mattison is trending toward playing, so I don't see much value on Ty. From that group I'd go Ridley based on matchup, especially if Zay is active.

Thanks everyone who replies, I enjoy reading the feedback.

I need to start one of these RBs in a .5ppr league in which I'm currently favored by a little bit:

Breece vs Buffalo
Achane vs Vegas
Monty vs Chicago

I currently have Monty (primarily because Campbell seems like the type of coach who would feed a player against his old team), but nearly all rankings have him as the lowest. I'm concerned Jets/Breece can't get anything going against Buffalo. Achane has the highest ceiling and is the fun pick, but also seems riskiest (I also have Waddle as a WR).

Thanks!

Thanks everyone who replies, I enjoy reading the feedback.

I need to start one of these RBs in a .5ppr league in which I'm currently favored by a little bit:

Breece vs Buffalo
Achane vs Vegas
Monty vs Chicago

I currently have Monty (primarily because Campbell seems like the type of coach who would feed a player against his old team), but nearly all rankings have him as the lowest. I'm concerned Jets/Breece can't get anything going against Buffalo. Achane has the highest ceiling and is the fun pick, but also seems riskiest (I also have Waddle as a WR).

Thanks!

That's a doozy. Monty is indeed the lowest-ranked of the three (and by a good margin), but I love your logic and Monty will get his. The rankings are taking into account the big play potential of Hall and Achane, who can each break a seventy-yarder to the house at any time. I feel ya about the Jets in Buffalo and Achane's risk.

If I had to make the pick, I'd go with the guy who has the highest PPG. Achane averages 24 points a game. That's absurd. But Monty clocks in with about 16.5 and Hall drags behind with about 12.

If you were really favored, I'd say to play Monty, but since you're a slight favorite, I'd say Achane.

Full PPR - WR3
Diontae Johnson at Browns - 1 PM Start
Tyler Lockett at Rams - 4:25 PM Start

Lockett was DNP Wed-Thu-Fri but is listed as Questionable and did run on Friday. Haven't heard yet that he's a game-time decision. Best option on the waiver wire for a later start would probably be Cade Otton or Tyler Conklin (our position is WR/TE)

half ppr

Q Johnston @ GB - Guyton questionable, Allen dinged, they promote 2 WR off PS
JSN v LAR - if Lockett doesn't play

First is at noon, second is late afternoon

Standard league, no PPR, flex position:
Pacheco vs Phi
Tank Dell vs AZ

100% of the "experts" say Pacheco but I'm on Tank.

Full PPR - WR3
Diontae Johnson at Browns - 1 PM Start
Tyler Lockett at Rams - 4:25 PM Start

Lockett was DNP Wed-Thu-Fri but is listed as Questionable and did run on Friday. Haven't heard yet that he's a game-time decision. Best option on the waiver wire for a later start would probably be Cade Otton or Tyler Conklin (our position is WR/TE)
Lockett is expected to play but will be a game time decision. He would be my choice I was an underdog today. If I was the favorite, I would probably go with Johnson.

1) .5 ppr
Lockett or Diontae..also have JSN in case Lockett sits.

2) 1 PPR
Goff or Josh Allen

Need 3 of..
Keenan Allen at GB
Nico Collins Vs Arizona
Courtland Sutton vs Minn
Devin Singletary vs arizona
Derick Henry at Jax

3) 1 ppr
Devon Achane Vs Raiders
Christian Watson Vs chargers

Thanks!!