What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 - Buy Low/ Sell High (1 Viewer)

Will Martin be healed at his bye week for sure? If healthy I would put him as a top end RB #2 with upside, which is not too bad.
This ship has sailed for anyone in a league where people actually pay attention.

The D. Martin owners realize their time is coming.

Yeah, I think so too.  Having said that, has anyone seen any trades of him recently?
PPR--10 teamer-shallow bench--traded away larry fitzgerald, carlos hyde, jason witten for d. Martin, brandon marshall, howard.  Keep in mind I made this trade on the tuesday before the week 4 games.    My guess is that the values of both Martin and Howard are probably higher now.   

Yeah, I think so too.  Having said that, has anyone seen any trades of him recently?
I gave Martin and Gio up for Melvin Gordon last week in a dynasty.  Probably a lateral move this year, but Martin's hamstring and injury history scare me a little.  Hoping it helps me long term 

Anyone mentioned Marshall? With Decker out he's getting hammered with targets every week. Their schedule next four weeks has BAL/CLE/MIA and LA after that whom lost their top corner. In the fantasy playoffs they have IND/SF/MIA.... jeez. That's a row of incredibly burnable defenses. I'm going to try to get more shares of him.

I just bought Travis Benjamin and Wentz for West and Zenner.. 14 team .5 ppr start 3 wr no flex.. I have eli, demarco, howard, yeldon, ivory, booker, AJ, Jordy, Demaryius, barnidge.. Benjamin will be serviceable WR4.. Wentz is a toss in but I'll take him over Eli all day at this point..

T. Benjamin/Hurns type was about the best I could do for West if anyone is looking to sell..

Reed hasn't done anything. You would be ######ed to trade away Coleman for a Tight End that's getting 60-70 yards a week and hasn't seen the end zone yet. 

Coleman could win your league. Reed could not. His ceiling is like 12 points. 

Reed for a RB1? Lol 

Reed hasn't done anything. You would be ######ed to trade away Coleman for a Tight End that's getting 60-70 yards a week and hasn't seen the end zone yet. 

Reed for a RB1? Lol 
Dont forget the Cleveland game. Other than that though you are correct.

Buy Buccaneers and Texans - schedules are much more friendly for the remainder of the year and current values should be low.

Anyone mentioned Marshall? With Decker out he's getting hammered with targets every week. Their schedule next four weeks has BAL/CLE/MIA and LA after that whom lost their top corner. In the fantasy playoffs they have IND/SF/MIA.... jeez. That's a row of incredibly burnable defenses. I'm going to try to get more shares of him.
I am not sure that you can get Marshall cheap.

Reed for a RB1? Lol 
I wouldn't call Coleman a RB1 going forward.  I would suspect a low RB2.  But I 100% agree.....if anything happens to Freeman....Coleman can win your league for you.

It's a close call between trading Reed for Coleman.  I think it's pretty fair.  Reed does have a very nice high floor and a high ceiling in a given week.

:lol:  

PPR: Lotta people overrating the worth of Ware at this point. I'm an owner of Ware (and Fitz) but I'd be embarrassed to make that offer at this point unless I owned Charles (and there needs to be something thrown atop Ware in the deal)
I'm in the minority, clearly, but I also only play in keeper/dynasty leagues where Ware is gold.  That said, even for redraft, I'd buy on Ware.  I think the return of Charles has Ware's price in the cellar, and Ware is a damn good RB.  We don't know how good Charles will be coming back from the injury, and it's very plausible to me that Ware still keeps 15 touches plus red zone work and Charles still gets his 15 touches as well.  That probably makes Ware an RB2.  I think at worst, Ware gets red zone work and 10 touches a game... which isn't the worst thing to have on your bench.  At best, nothing changes with Ware and Charles takes West's workload and snaps.

I'm in the minority, clearly, but I also only play in keeper/dynasty leagues where Ware is gold.  That said, even for redraft, I'd buy on Ware.  I think the return of Charles has Ware's price in the cellar, and Ware is a damn good RB.  We don't know how good Charles will be coming back from the injury, and it's very plausible to me that Ware still keeps 15 touches plus red zone work and Charles still gets his 15 touches as well.  That probably makes Ware an RB2.  I think at worst, Ware gets red zone work and 10 touches a game... which isn't the worst thing to have on your bench.  At best, nothing changes with Ware and Charles takes West's workload and snaps.
Plus, Ware can win you your league if anything happens to Charles again.

I'd buy CJ Anderson if you can get the deal done today and get it passed before tomorrow night.  Gets SD this week... all the buzz is about Booker.  Denver has had OL injuries for the past few weeks, but expect Donald Stephenson back at RT on Thursday, and get Virgil Green back at TE, who is a tremendous run blocker.  Both of those will help CJ.  As Siemian continues to open up the offense via the passing game, defenses can't key on the run, and the schedule for CJ looks solid... SD, HOU, SD, OAK, NO, KC, JAC (playoffs look like TEN, NE, KC).  Stephenson has been out since Week 2.  Ty Sambraillo is AWFUL...

In two starts with Stephenson, CJA has averaged 116 total yards per game with 7 receptions and 3 TDs (against Carolina and Indy -- one pretty tough matchup - Carolina D healthy against Siemian in his first career start) and one very good matchup).  In the three games without him, CJA has averaged under 52 total yards per game with only 5 receptions and 1 TD (against CIN, Tampa, Atlanta -- two pretty tough matchups for RBs, and a third where Atlanta dared Lynch to beat them and he couldn't do it). 

I don't think Booker takes this job outright, and Booker has long had a fumbling problem that hasn't reared its head -- yet.  Buy CJ...

texansfan80 said:

Reed for a RB1? Lol 
Reed is currently TE3 in PPR.  I assume you are talking non-PPR but to say he hasnt found the end zone yet and that his ceiling is like 12 points is just wrong when he had 2 TDs and 19 points just 2 weeks ago.  He averaged 11.5 ppg in standard last year.  You think his weekly ceiling this year is roughly the same as his avg last year?  

fightingillini said:
I wouldn't call Coleman a RB1 going forward.  I would suspect a low RB2.  But I 100% agree.....if anything happens to Freeman....Coleman can win your league for you.

It's a close call between trading Reed for Coleman.  I think it's pretty fair.  Reed does have a very nice high floor and a high ceiling in a given week.
You seem to like the "can win your league" mantra.  Well, as someone who lost a champion game to the Jordan Reed owner last year when he went 9 for 129 and 2 TDs in week 16, I can accurately say that Reed literally won leagues for people last year.

Reed is a top 3 TE who you can lock and load in your lineup and not worry about it while about half of your league is struggling to find production at the position each week.  So when you trade him you obviously have to consider what your options will be in filling a position that has been relatively weak this season. 

I like Coleman but would not trade Reed for him.  League variables could make that a decent trade but again I think one would be buying high on Coleman and selling low on Reed and expect the ROS value to reflect that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reed is currently TE3 in PPR.  I assume you are talking non-PPR but to say he hasnt found the end zone yet and that his ceiling is like 12 points is just wrong when he had 2 TDs and 19 points just 2 weeks ago.  He averaged 11.5 ppg in standard last year.  You think his weekly ceiling this year is roughly the same as his avg last year?  

You seem to like the "can win your league" mantra.  Well, as someone who lost a champion game to the Jordan Reed owner last year when he went 9 for 129 and 2 TDs in week 16, I can accurately say that Reed literally won leagues for people last year.

Reed is a top 3 TE who you can lock and load in your lineup and not worry about it while about half of your league is struggling to find production at the position each week.  So when you trade him you obviously have to consider what your options will be in filling a position that has been relatively weak this season. 

I like Coleman but would not trade Reed for him.  League variables could make that a decent trade but again I think one would be buying high on Coleman and selling low on Reed and expect the ROS value to reflect that.
I never said that I would trade Reed for Coleman.  I play in PPR and 1/2 PPR leagues, and Reed is a solid play with a high floor and a high ceiling.  I was just responding to Phenomena that there are valid reasons why someone would want the Coleman side of this trade.

My morning negotiations.

I got offered Landry/Vikings for Ingram/Bengals

I got offered Landry/Vikings for OBJ/Bengals.

I've been trying for Landry, Vikings, Martin, K. Benjamin.

I'm only willing to part with Bernard, J. Brown, Fuller, Eifert and it's not getting me anywhere.  May shift to Jordan Howard.

Trying Gio/Eifert for Vikings/Howard.

Q-R-W-T-F-F-K-D (only 4 bench) I have Graham who cleared bye so trying to dump Eifert.  He has Jacob Tamme and two DST's (Bills/Vikings) in a short bench.

My morning negotiations.

I got offered Landry/Vikings for Ingram/Bengals

I got offered Landry/Vikings for OBJ/Bengals.

I've been trying for Landry, Vikings, Martin, K. Benjamin.

I'm only willing to part with Bernard, J. Brown, Fuller, Eifert and it's not getting me anywhere.  May shift to Howard.
Those arent going to get you any of the 4 you mentioned trying to get imo. 

What is good value for Doug Martin? What would you offer for him and what would you expect in return?
I traded for Martin a couple of weeks ago. Dynasty League, PPR. I gave up CJA and Maclin. Yes, it looks like I might have overpaid, but long-term, I like Martin much more than CJA. 

Those arent going to get you any of the 4 you mentioned trying to get imo. 
I know, still trying just not having any luck.  He owns 2 DST's in a short bench league (Buf/Min) and Tamme at TE. Figured he'd want Eifert who I don't want to stash any longer.  Everyone wants to see how Eifert plays. They don't understand they are buying for future production.  I'm stuck with him.

I think kc players are a good buy low.  Maclin, charles, ware, kelce.  I think their offense looks alot better moving forward.  Can't get much worse really

I think kc players are a good buy low.  Maclin, charles, ware, kelce.  I think their offense looks alot better moving forward.  Can't get much worse really
I'm a Maclin owner and have seen one KC game this year.  The spread of targets to several other WRs has me concerned.  (Must've been the week 4 game I saw, looking at the target stats.)

Moved him in one league and would love to move him in the other.

fightingillini said:
I am not sure that you can get Marshall cheap.
I'm working a trade involving Howard... given CHI's schedule (4 of next 5 weeks are brutal run def matchups) I think it's a pretty good/cheap trade.  Marshall now has no competition with Decker on IR and has an incredibly soft schedule.  

I'm a Maclin owner and have seen one KC game this year.  The spread of targets to several other WRs has me concerned.  (Must've been the week 4 game I saw, looking at the target stats.)

Moved him in one league and would love to move him in the other.
He's about to play Oakland and the saints.  He's gonna get some nice numbers here.  Hope you got something good

Was offered Sanders for Cobb/Eifert - I own Graham.  Also own Aaron Rodgers.

Tried Fuller/Eifert - he declined

Essentially I could pick up Moncrief if I made that trade but don't want to deal Cobb just yet.

I'm working a trade involving Howard... given CHI's schedule (4 of next 5 weeks are brutal run def matchups) I think it's a pretty good/cheap trade.  Marshall now has no competition with Decker on IR and has an incredibly soft schedule.  
I would give up Howard in a heartbeat to get Marshall, assuming I had RB depth to cover.

The problem is Reed does not stay healthy so his perceived value is lower.  And now that he is being evaluated for a concussion his value will drop off a cliff.

JFS171 said:
I'd buy CJ Anderson if you can get the deal done today and get it passed before tomorrow night.  Gets SD this week... all the buzz is about Booker.  Denver has had OL injuries for the past few weeks, but expect Donald Stephenson back at RT on Thursday, and get Virgil Green back at TE, who is a tremendous run blocker.  Both of those will help CJ.  As Siemian continues to open up the offense via the passing game, defenses can't key on the run, and the schedule for CJ looks solid... SD, HOU, SD, OAK, NO, KC, JAC (playoffs look like TEN, NE, KC).  Stephenson has been out since Week 2.  Ty Sambraillo is AWFUL...

In two starts with Stephenson, CJA has averaged 116 total yards per game with 7 receptions and 3 TDs (against Carolina and Indy -- one pretty tough matchup - Carolina D healthy against Siemian in his first career start) and one very good matchup).  In the three games without him, CJA has averaged under 52 total yards per game with only 5 receptions and 1 TD (against CIN, Tampa, Atlanta -- two pretty tough matchups for RBs, and a third where Atlanta dared Lynch to beat them and he couldn't do it). 

I don't think Booker takes this job outright, and Booker has long had a fumbling problem that hasn't reared its head -- yet.  Buy CJ...
Booker has improved his fumbling problem as far as I can tell
2014 6 fumbles (I can't find how many he lost)
2015 3 fumbles, none lost
2016 1 fumble, none lost
I wouldn't call that a "long had fumbling problem"

Adrian Peterson fumbles once every 3.5 games. He seems to do okay. 

CJ has a long history of inconsistency and poor play. Most significant, he has a history of losing his starting job. I don't know how you gloss over that so easily to come to your conclusion. That situation is very murky. Buying CJ would be a mistake. 

Users who are viewing this thread