What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

I will say this about LaFell, he may have bottomed out in NE but it's not that uncommon. If you don't mesh with Brady quickly, you are done there. I think he's a capable WR with some staying power this year but the #2 in Cincy will always be wildly erratic on a weekly basis. Don't forget, Eifert is on his way back too. Clear as mud?
He had his best season of his career as a Patriot, and followed it up with a disappointing one,

I do think he'll be inconsistent but useful (as you said) in Cinncy this year.

He had his best season of his career as a Patriot, and followed it up with a disappointing one,

I do think he'll be inconsistent but useful (as you said) in Cinncy this year.
Injuries certainly played a role in the second season and for whatever reason he couldn't catch the ball. That's going to get you shipped out of there in a hurry.

Watching their defense that could be the best role on the team.
I think this might be the answer... in looking at their schedule, it doesn't appear they're destined to have all that many shootouts. Or at least not like we saw vs. NO. I still like Richard, but have a feeling Washington might be the better play as I feel they'll commit at least a little more to running the ball in future matchups

(from a disgruntled Jared Cook owner)

Don't even ask how I was cornered into Cook in the one draft I got him, it was the most fluky drafting I had ever seen. Nevertheless, I ended up with him.
I wouldn't give up on Cook yet. The entire Packers offense looked out of sync, probably due to McCarthy holding back the starters so much in the preseason. My bet is in three-four weeks they'll starting hitting on all cylinders. Cook will be a top 10 TE.

So Washington or Richard?

Which one?!?!??!?!?
All three will be used.  Latavius is still the lead back with Washington and Murray as change of pace and pass catching options.  I think Washington and Richard will both have their moments but good luck predicting them.

It was pretty telling considering Caldwell is on the hot seat
Is he?  I am not as dialed into the Detroit sports scene as I once was, but it appeared from afar that the last half of last season cemented him as "the guy" for at least a year or two. 

I'm surprised there isn't more enthusiasm for Fuller. I think he's the real deal and him dropping that big pass is a blessing. This is who I'm gunning for.
He was drafted in my 12 team league w/ short benches.  My guess is he is owned in many leagues is why you are not seeing it more.  Totally agree that he should be targeted if available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised there isn't more enthusiasm for Fuller. I think he's the real deal and him dropping that big pass is a blessing. This is who I'm gunning for.
I think that's because he's already rostered in many leagues.  If he's on your waiver wire, I'd definitely grab him.  Not only did he post a strong stat line, but it wasn't based off just one long pass or something, he had 11 targets.  Had he caught that 83 yard pass, his stat line would have been nuts.

But, he's likely not available in a lot of leagues.

As someone who lost Allen.  Based on the wire in my league I will be going after:

1.  Mike Wallace-Has produced in the past, Flacco has a big arm and may get the inside track as the #1 if he builds rapport

2.  Ty Williams-This is more opportunity based on injury and the offense than any real understanding of his ability

3.  LaFell-Not sure what to expect here but had a solid game and benefits from coverages rolling to Green and Eifert being out.  Not sure how often Dalton will throw for 366 again this year though

4.  Witten-Can play TE at WR in this league.  Had a ton of targets and 9 receptions.  Everything the Cowboys ran was targeting the short and intermediate area of the field.  If the running game gets going could have more opportunities with play action

5. Cruz-I though Shepherd looked good but not great.  Cruz is a sentimental pick and while I don't expect him to be a game changer he is in an offensive that will allow him to be productive.  Also benefits from coverages rolling to ODB

6. Hogan-It's NE.  Which is both good and bad.  

Not a lot out there.  Though I will be interested to see how Garcon and Eli Rogers play tonight.  

Is he?  I am not as dialed into the Detroit sports scene as I once was, but it appeared from afar that the last half of last season cemented him as "the guy" for at least a year or two. 
Yeah, he's on the hot seat. Caldwell is a fave of the owner Marth Vader Ford. However, he is not the new GM Bob Quinn's guy. Caldwell started 1-7 and then schedule feasted on very weak teams down the stretch. A lot could be contributed to the previous OC (Lombardi) but Caldwell has his own blemishes. His clock management is atrocious and the Lions even hired someone as an expert to help manage it better. There are a number of other reasons such as his management of the the final GB hail mary loss. He admitted they were defending more for a lateral play than a 60 yard pass from Aaron Rodgers who can throw that all day. I could go on but.....yes, he'll have a short lease.

Quinn has already axed his own offseason FAs and draft picks. I'm thinking he won't hesitate.

OK guys, lets hear it for a desperation TE play moving forward.

(from a disgruntled Jared Cook owner)

Don't even ask how I was cornered into Cook in the one draft I got him, it was the most fluky drafting I had ever seen. Nevertheless, I ended up with him.

Vance McDonald is on the wire, ASJ (not interested) Kyle Rudolph, Zach Miller, Clive Walford.

I am sure to be able to get Rudolph, and I am thinking he may be the better play than the others.

I bet Vance McDonald will be scooped up tonight if he does well on national TV, yeah the geese in my leagues are like that.

Looks like Dennis Pitta (who is close friends with Flacco) is back too. He had a handful of targets, he may well turn out to be "so-so".

TZM
Drop a bum bench player and pick up Vance before the game. If he does well, keep him and you don't have to fight through waivers.

There is but he was drafted a lot. I picked him up in 2 of 3 leagues (sniped in the 3rd) and wouldn't you know it, I drafted Keenan Allen in both of those leagues. I'd rather have Allen in PPR and Fuller to flex but at least I've got someone who I think is really solid. 

Seems like a good week to hold tight, unless your waiver order automatically resets every week.

Sometimes the best action is not taking any action at all.  :coffee:

need2know said:
Any tes?  I took a chance on cook and am already looking to move on.  Gonna watch that San Fran te closely tonight, along with the Jesse james
I currently have James on the end of my bench. If he shows nothing, I may go after Pitta. He didn't do much yesterday, but he does seem to have regained the starting job in Baltimore.

I don't know what his role is going forward, but Jalen Richard really jumped out at me this wk. Kid looks like a younger Darren Sproles.

TripItUp said:
Seems like a good week to hold tight, unless your waiver order automatically resets every week.

My plan is to hold tight, then pickup the players dropped in favor of the waiver adds

jurrassic said:
As someone who lost Allen.  Based on the wire in my league I will be going after:

1.  Mike Wallace-Has produced in the past, Flacco has a big arm and may get the inside track as the #1 if he builds rapport

2.  Ty Williams-This is more opportunity based on injury and the offense than any real understanding of his ability

3.  LaFell-Not sure what to expect here but had a solid game and benefits from coverages rolling to Green and Eifert being out.  Not sure how often Dalton will throw for 366 again this year though

4.  Witten-Can play TE at WR in this league.  Had a ton of targets and 9 receptions.  Everything the Cowboys ran was targeting the short and intermediate area of the field.  If the running game gets going could have more opportunities with play action

5. Cruz-I though Shepherd looked good but not great.  Cruz is a sentimental pick and while I don't expect him to be a game changer he is in an offensive that will allow him to be productive.  Also benefits from coverages rolling to ODB

6. Hogan-It's NE.  Which is both good and bad.  

Not a lot out there.  Though I will be interested to see how Garcon and Eli Rogers play tonight.  
Would you put Tajae Sharp ahead of all of these guys? 

TripItUp said:

So far there doesnt seem to be a break out guy thats going to change your season, i kinda agree with this.

Ppr sharpe is a must add
Probably, though I don't see him ending up with 112 catches with is what he is on pace for.  He will probably end up closer to 70 in that offense, which is about a 4/game average for the rest of year.  I think you're more likely to see his and Walker's lines from this week flipped for the rest of the year

tangfoot said:
Old lady owner just loves her some big jim. Lions have to really tank for there to be a new coach this year.

My league allows us to pick up & drop players that still haven't played.  Having Watkins foot issue come back up today I thought it was wide for me to swap out Christ Thompson for a WR prospect.  I had initially grabbed Garcon, but then swapped him out for Eli Rogers.

My league allows us to pick up & drop players that still haven't played.  Having Watkins foot issue come back up today I thought it was wide for me to swap out Christ Thompson for a WR prospect.  I had initially grabbed Garcon, but then swapped him out for Eli Rogers.
Bad move. Thompson could have saved your season.

Probably, though I don't see him ending up with 112 catches with is what he is on pace for.  He will probably end up closer to 70 in that offense, which is about a 4/game average for the rest of year.  I think you're more likely to see his and Walker's lines from this week flipped for the rest of the year
I dunno man.

We heard nothing but good things all summer, he was a target monster in game 1, sure seems like there's a startable fantasy WR sitting on shallow waiver wires.

TEN wants to run he ball all day long, but they might not be able to in a lot of games.  Mariota threw 45 passes, and Andre Johnson and DeMarco had 7 targets each.  I doubt that continues either, so Tajae looks like a high floor WR3 to me.  

What TE's do you guys like for Ertz owners? OK to drop Ertz for a week and assume you can get him back?

Looks like Jeremy Kerley might have some decent value in PPR leagues.  

Not exactly a lot of other viable passing options in SF and it looks like his game fits in nicely with the Chip offense and Gabbert's checkdown tendencies.

As one of the many trying to find some way to at least partially replace some of Keenan Allen's production, I like him more than Allen's own likely replacement in Tyrell Williams.

Good game but Wheaton returning should limit him, no?
Not directly because Eli plays in the slot.  When Wheaton returns he will replace Coates on the outside.  Only way Wheaton's return effects Eli would be if Coates improves to the point where he is starting on the outside over Wheaton and they move Wheaton inside.  It's not likely and certainly won't happen immediately. I guess something to keep an eye on for later in the season. 

I liked what I saw from Jesse james. Got lots of targets including a red zone look. Gonna drop cook for him tommorow

Would you put Tajae Sharp ahead of all of these guys? 
Wallace will be a big add this week but I don't like him as much as many because him game is so heavily dependent on the deep ball.  How many targets will he average per game?  Five?  Wallace is a nice boom or bust guy who could win you a week when your starters are on the bye, and probably not hurt you that much as he would be a deep bench flex player in that situation, but he is a guy that will also likely lose you many weeks if one of your starters goes down and you need to put him in for multiple weeks at a time.

Sharpe OTOH seems to have a higher floor because he should get plenty of opportunities.  

In a PPR you go with Sharpe and don't look back.  In a non-ppr I still go with Sharpe, although it's closer, because I like guys who are guaranteed opportunities and Sharp seems more like that guy than Wallace to me. 

Is there really enough targets to go around for Eli Rogers? Brown is going to get his. Bryant will get his when he gets back. Bell/Williams will get theirs. Sprinkle in Wheaton, Coates, and James. I just dont see it.  

Users who are viewing this thread