What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 starting RBs seem a bit more banged up than usual? (1 Viewer)

gandalas

Footballguy
Man, it just seems like there are a WHOLE lot more starting RBs banged up for week 1 than any other year I can remember. Anyone else feel this way?

On my collection of teams, the prospective starter when I drafted and may be limited week 1 includes:

Adrian Peterson (not surprised by that one...his ADP reflected that risk)

Marshawn Lynch

Arian Foster

Beanie Wells

Isaac Redman

James Starks (was still assumed starter when i drafted)

Jonathan Stewart

Trent Richardson

Shane Vereen

This could be a rough year for RBs if it already looks like this prior to the Sunday week 1 games...

Even the people who loaded up on 3 perceived "healthy" early-round RBs at the time of their drafts might be down to 2 or even 1 by now.

Even the people who loaded up on 3 perceived "healthy" early-round RBs at the time of their drafts might be down to 2 or even 1 by now.
I am rolling with S. Jackson, J. Charles, W. McGahee. Now, I am considering benching McGahee in favor of Tate. Although, with my luck, after week 1 all my RB will be banged up!

These RBs are returning from injury - some difference. So it may be difficult Week 1 (maybe up to week 3), but then you're solid after that. if you're one to take the risk, take the RBs in the early round.

However, I didn't want the risk with my first 2-3 picks, and went wr-te-wr. Rest of the owners continued with their RB/QB run, and I ended up with C.Johnson/Graham/J.Jones

Last edited by a moderator:
In my PPR league, I always go wr/wr/rb. 2 years ago I went wr/wr/wr and won the league. This year due to all the uncertainty with RB's, I went rb/rb/rb. Everybody was laughing at me, all in good fun because they know I am a WR junkie. But, I guarantee by week 4 or 5 when they are running RB scrubs out there, I will be sitting nicely with guys like CJ2K, Sproles and Reggie Bush my RB's and Flex.

'bulger2holt said:
In my PPR league, I always go wr/wr/rb. 2 years ago I went wr/wr/wr and won the league. This year due to all the uncertainty with RB's, I went rb/rb/rb. Everybody was laughing at me, all in good fun because they know I am a WR junkie. But, I guarantee by week 4 or 5 when they are running RB scrubs out there, I will be sitting nicely with guys like CJ2K, Sproles and Reggie Bush my RB's and Flex.
Out of 9 year history in one money league, we've had two champions draft wr-wr-wr. I remember because the first time was out first woman owner champion. I tried once as well and lost in the championship game. It's not a bad strategy sometimes in a start 3 wr league.

'Hoosier16 said:
'bulger2holt said:
I went rb/rb/rb. I will be sitting nicely with guys like CJ2K, Sproles and Reggie Bush my RB's and Flex.
That's what you got going RB the first 3 rounds? That looks like an advertisement for NOT going RB/RB/RB.
What a dreadful top-3 picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my dynasty startup, I went RB early and often...Foster, Peterson and Lynch first 3 rounds, and then Starks and Redman a little later. I was super confident coming out of the draft with 5 starting RBs in a 12-team league, and 3 who should be studs. Now, I have to somehow scratch 2 RBs out of that mess to start this week.

Rolling with Foster and Lynch for now, but both are gameday options. Don't want to have to resort to Peterson in his first game back. :thumbdown:

Wr and rb are practically the same to me, take the best avail and load up as many as possible in the first 7 to 8 rds. In the end i want about 8 total prefer 50/50

Users who are viewing this thread