What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 06 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

In a full PPR, pick 1:

CeeDee vs Eagles - Slay has consistently locked Cows #1 WR down over the past 2 seasons, and Ceedee showed up on Friday's injury report
Etienne vs Colts - snap share advantage over JRob
Doubs vs Jets - targets steadily decreasing
London vs 49ers - shadow coverage by Mooney Ward

Also,
Kirk Cousins vs Phins depleted secondary
or
Justin Herbert vs Donks
I know it's a tough matchup but I have trouble sitting a player when he is clearly the better talent. CeeDee is better than the other three guys.

If you are just too uncomfortable rolling him out my guess is London is your next best option. The Falcons can score, the passing game runs through London & Pitts and not much else. Plus the Niners are down Bosa, Kinlaw & Armstead on the D-Line so ATL has some life here.

CeeDee>London>Etienne>Doubs

As with CeeDee Herbert is simply a better player. It's a tougher defense for sure and if you want a steady 265 & 1.5 then Cousins is a fine start but Herbert is a 300 & 2 guy with every bit the upside of Cousins every week.

Herbert>Cousins

With Olave likely out I need a replacement, bye week has me pretty thin, 1 ppr:

Aiyuk vs Atl
JuJu vs Buf

With Samuel scoring a big 2.6 on TNF I need to pick the highest ceiling to have a prayer at winning this week. Neither has scored 14+ points yet, JuJu has maintained his 8 targets over the last 4 games while Aiyuk has dropped to 4 targets each of the last 2. Aiyuk is facing a weaker defense but that could just mean SF gets up early and runs heavy while JuJu at least should be in a shoot out.

Which of these turds has the most potential to put up 15+ points today?

(my gut says JuJu because of the probable game script and law of averages with his targets)
I like Aiyuk as a player better than JuJu but it's close enough that I am rolling with my Chiefs & Bills this week. That game has too much potential scoring.

JuJu>Aiyuk

PPR and tiered TD scoring dependent on length of TD (Gabe Davis 98 yarder last week worth 25pts alone)

Pick 4:

TLockett
DLondon
AJB
DJohnson (Pitt)
JMeyers
I think you have to roll with AJ Brown here. Any of the other guys could outscore him this week (and some surely will) but he has the highest ceiling and should still see 8 or so targets. I know people thing Diggs is a lock down corner but opposing teams sure target him a lot because he's such a gambler. AJ has the most potential to house a long score.

After that it's much tighter. I think I trust Lockett the most and the terrible defense in Seattle suggests they will need to throw a lot. He's probably a good high floor option with a decent ceiling too.

Dionte will get plenty of looks but what will they amount to? Too much uncertainty for me.

London is a good choice too with an injured Niner defense but there is still a decent shot that the Niners crush and shut down ATL.

Myers is fine but you have better options.

AJ Brown>Lockett>Dionte>London>Myers

Ppr- Pittman Jr at Jac or Doubs at the Jets?
Both Pittman & Doubs are at home.

I like Pittman a little more. He's a better, more proven talent. It's close and if you love Doubs &/or the matchup too much then by all means start him. For me

Pittman>Doubs
Seconding Pittman

I'm debating something similar for my full PPR

Alec Pierce @Jax
Doubs @NYJ
Darius Slayton vs BAL

And perhaps paradoxically I'm leaning APierce over both Doubs and Slayton while also thinking Pittman over Doubs

Mostly just thinking that Doubs has multiple weapons to compete against, while Pittman and Pierce are both going to be targeted with Taylor out

And not quite ready to jump aboard the Slayton ship despite the tasty matchup against BAL who are giving up a bunch of points to WRS

Last edited:
Full PPR...might get cute and start Taysom over Higbee at TE. Good idea or no?

I'm playing Taysom and I'm playing against Higbee. Go Taysom! Seriously though your decision is pretty straight forward. Higbee has the higher floor, Taysom the higher ceiling. Which do you value more? If you are the favorite and can be conservative then go with Higbee. If you need a big game from your TE to win then go with Taysom.

1 pt PPR...Need 1 for my flex...Jakobi Meyers, London or Pickens? Currently leaning Meyers. I'm a slight favorite to win.
IDK Myers is a very good option for a safe PPR play but the QB situation should be considered. The Browns d hasn't been very good but they're much better than the Lions.

I kinda like Pickens here. He seems to catch everything that's thrown anywhere near him and the Steelers defense is down four CBs plus Minkah Fitzpatrick. The Bucs should roll and Pickett may need to throw a ton.

London is maybe a safer option than Pickens but, IMO, not by much.

Pickens>London>Myers

Here's a final last minute one of you get to it.
FFPC scoring,
Have M.Gordon Monday Night as questionable,take a chance and leave him in or start the only other healthy/non bye player I have left...T.Coleman
The only problem with Coleman is Tyrion Davis-Price is active today (can anyone confirm)? Last time he played he got 14 carries so it's not a lock that Coleman is first off the bench. FWIW I benched Coleman for Deon Jackson & Romeo Doubs.

Melvin>Coleman

Here's a final last minute one of you get to it.
FFPC scoring,
Have M.Gordon Monday Night as questionable,take a chance and leave him in or start the only other healthy/non bye player I have left...T.Coleman
I am having the exact same issue

I think I'm going with Gordon because it's theoretically a good matchup, it doesn't sound like the neck is a major issue, and it's not like we have a ton of confidence in Coleman's touches anyway

But curious to see what others say
See above

Melvin>Coleman

GB or Balt D today?

Struggling with this one.
And you should struggle, it's a tough call. Did you ask earlier in the thread? I said GB>BAL in my response however, and I am forgetting the poster's name, but someone in here pointed out that teams coming back from London games always go over. That seems like a good enough differentiator along with the fact that while the Ravens pass defense is terrible, they are tied for the league lead with 8 INTs.

Changing my stance
BAL>GB

half ppr

ceedee lamb
or
lazard

i don’t think it’s as absurd a question as it sounds
It isn't absurd at all. Rodgers loves Lazard, particularly inside the 10 he has a TD in 3 of 4 games. This is very much a ceiling v floor question because I think CeeDee is probably going to get more looks and is more likely to house a long one. However Lazard is still going to get 7-8 looks and is going to get better looks and is more likely to score a short TD...maybe two.

Lazard>CeeDee

GB or Balt D today?

Struggling with this one.
And you should struggle, it's a tough call. Did you ask earlier in the thread? I said GB>BAL in my response however, and I am forgetting the poster's name, but someone in here pointed out that teams coming back from London games always go over. That seems like a good enough differentiator along with the fact that while the Ravens pass defense is terrible, they are tied for the league lead with 8 INTs.

Changing my stance
BAL>GB

I did ask previously. Thus, the struggle!

I think I mentioned the London thing too.

Leaning Baltimore. Wish I could go GB, because then I could dump BALT for a stash, but need the win.

Thanks!

T Hill or Pitts at TE, PPR
Man, what a call.

Pitts apparently has a ton of talent, or so I'm told but does he even have a reliably safe floor ATM?

Without their top 3 WRs I imagine Taysom is going to be a big part of today's game plan.

Taysom>Pitts

10 team PPR

Flex
Boyd vs NO
or

Everett vs Den?
Higgins missed the Ravens game and Boyd's usage didn't change. Higgins is playing today.

With Keenan Allen doubtful for MNF I think we give Everett's last game a mulligan.

Everett>Boyd

1pt PPR already starting the GB Aarons, Rodgers and Jones. Need one of these 3.

Hunt
Dillon
Deon Jackson

Ppr- Pittman Jr at Jac or Doubs at the Jets?
Both Pittman & Doubs are at home.

I like Pittman a little more. He's a better, more proven talent. It's close and if you love Doubs &/or the matchup too much then by all means start him. For me

Pittman>Doubs
Seconding Pittman

I'm debating something similar

Alec Pierce @Jax
Doubs @NYJ
Darius Slayton vs BAL

And perhaps paradoxically I'm leaning APierce over both Doubs and Slayton while also thinking Pittman over Doubs

Mostly just thinking that Doubs has multiple weapons to compete against, while Pittman and Pierce are both going to be targeted with Taylor out

And not quite ready to jump aboard the Slayton ship despite the tasty matchup against BAL who are giving up a bunch of points to WRS
It's tough to bench WRs against Baltimore but...I'm not ready to buy into the Giants passing game whole hog just yet.

Pierce is interesting and I think you may be right about his targets with no Taylor or Hines but his resume is still slim IMO.

Doubs doesn't have a ton of competition for targets ATM. Watson is out. There is Lazard and that's about it. Okay maybe Cobb is having a bit of a resurgence but his targets have been 3,3,2,4,13. I'm not buying into it just yet.

Doubs>Pierce>Slayton

10 team ppr

Higgins vs NO
jakobi myers vs clev
chris godwin vs pitt ?
Godwin IMO. The Pittsburgh secondary is down four CBs plus Minkah Fitzpatrick. This could become a Fournette day in a big way but the scoring opportunities should be abundant. Start your Bucs.

Godwin>HigginsMyers

Higgins or JuJu ?
PPR? That's really important here. I am assuming yes.

Wow, that's a tough one. I love that Buf/KC game. I think people should start all their Chiefs & Bills but Higgins is such a good player sitting him is painful. Particularly for an inconsistent spec upside play. But Higgins has an ankle, he was a GTD and JuJu has exactly 8 targets in 4 of 5 games.

It's crazy so don't do it if you think Higgins is the better play but
JuJu>Higgins

1pt PPR already starting the GB Aarons, Rodgers and Jones. Need one of these 3.

Hunt
Dillon
Deon Jackson
Someone asked this exact one earlier today. Too close to kickoff to rehash the whole thing but it's up there if you want to find it.

Hunt>Deon>Dillon

I'm playing Taysom and I'm playing against Higbee. Go Taysom! Seriously though your decision is pretty straight forward. Higbee has the higher floor, Taysom the higher ceiling. Which do you value more? If you are the favorite and can be conservative then go with Higbee. If you need a big game from your TE to win then go with Taysom.

1 pt PPR...Need 1 for my flex...Jakobi Meyers, London or Pickens? Currently leaning Meyers. I'm a slight favorite to win.
IDK Myers is a very good option for a safe PPR play but the QB situation should be considered. The Browns d hasn't been very good but they're much better than the Lions.

I kinda like Pickens here. He seems to catch everything that's thrown anywhere near him and the Steelers defense is down four CBs plus Minkah Fitzpatrick. The Bucs should roll and Pickett may need to throw a ton.

Pickens>London>Myers

Thanks for the input. I definitely think Pickens has the highest ceiling. This is is a tough one for me.

Pickens>London>Myers

Thanks for the input. I definitely think Pickens has the highest ceiling. This is is a tough one for me.
It's a tough call all around. There isn't much difference between the three options.

A week 7 D question:

* GB @WASH -- No Wentz. That may be an improvement for the Wash offense though.
* BALT vs CLE -- BALT run D better than the pass D.
* MIA vs PIT -- At home, rookie Pickett starting. Not sure if MIA gets it's top secondary guys back.
* TN vs INDY -- Indy offense horrible but I'd think J. Taylor back.
* LV vs HOU -- At home, coming off a bye.

Which?

Thanks
Green Bay seems like a very good option if Wentz is out. The concern is Heinicke can occasionally put together a solid performance or two.

Miami v Pitt is also a good one but it is going to depend on the health of Xavien Howard a bit. But, yes against the rookie it seems like a good option. Still you need to see what the Steelers do today before you can make an informed opinion.

Don't like Tennessee, Vegas or Baltimore

Week 7 QB question -- Allen on bye (as is Kupp, so I'll be hurting)

Wentz vs GB
Brisset @ Bmore
Jones @ Jax
Fields @ NE
Mariota vs SF
Ryan @ Tenn
Winston@ AZ
Wilson @ Den

Ugh --I'm tempted to just take an "L" and not give up a position player for one of these guys. :cautious:
I think we need to see a little more action this week but Brissett jumps out to me because of the nature of the Baltimore defense.

Winston may not even be the starter RoS so Dalton should be a consideration, particularly if the receivers get healthy.

Mariota @ Cin is maybe an option. They can actually score a little bit.

The others don't really interest me.

My best call of the week was to go with Ju Ju since I dropped him. Of course he finally hit paydirt and had his best game of the year. :)

Who would have thought Taysom's floor was higher than Higbee's? Worked out for me since I was playing against Higbee. Luckily for me I've played against teams the last couple of weeks that put up horrible scores.

Users who are viewing this thread