What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We have banned Ray Rice from our FFL for life - please join us (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Marshall

Dez Bryant

Greg Hardy

Ray McDonald

I believe Adam from footballguys posted something on twitter yesterday to the effect. there is a good chance in the last 5 years someone on your favorite team was either arrested or charged with something.

There's one thing I don't understand....why the huge outcry now that we saw him do it when we knew all along what he did? Why does seeing him do it change anything?

Don't get me wrong, he's a scumbag, but I don't understand the sudden uproar from the league and fans.

Hearing about Ray Rice knocking out his fiance and dragging her out of an elevator? 2 game ban.

Seeing Ray Rice knock out his fiance and drag her out of an elevator? Ban for life.
I'll admit I'm one of those people. Once I saw the video yesterday I was disgusted and totally had a different POV on it. I guess until you actually see it, you don't know what exactly happened. Seeing it drove it home for me. The scary thing to me was his demeanor after he did it. Like it was natural for him. No remorse. Didn't say "oh god...what have I done?". Just seemed like he was bothered with having to DRAG her out of the elevator.
Same for me. I can't believe the people that don't understand why it's more impactful actually seeing it.
Some people are very stupid and need to see things to actually grasp the magnitude of it.
oh, now I understand
When did you become a troll? I've been around -- off and on -- for about four years. This seems odd.

I wonder if the OP realizes the idiocy of it now ??

Everyone deserves a second chance don't they? Except for exceptionally horrible acts, I believe they do.

Hell the NFL/NBA are poster childs for letting people continue on.

Now all of a sudden they're getting all ethical and moral? Please ...... Ray Rice worked his entire life for the NFL dream

Ya'll understand just HOW hard he's worked? Every day for what, 25 years?

Take all that away for something he didn't even get convicted of ..... something his wife actually sorta defends ?

Really ?

I wonder if the OP realizes the idiocy of it now ??

Everyone deserves a second chance don't they? Except for exceptionally horrible acts, I believe they do.

Hell the NFL/NBA are poster childs for letting people continue on.

Now all of a sudden they're getting all ethical and moral? Please ...... Ray Rice worked his entire life for the NFL dream

Ya'll understand just HOW hard he's worked? Every day for what, 25 years?

Take all that away for something he didn't even get convicted of ..... something his wife actually sorta defends ?

Really ?
Of course. Question the consistency of their actions--I'm all for that. But I have no issue with them cutting ties with Rice. It's a single employer moving on from a ingle employee. It happens every day and for much less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if it is true or not but I heard that Ray Rice dropped Toppshelf from his FF team and banned him for life.

Toppshelf has made one post in this entire thread. He clearly doesn't care what you, I or Ray Rice think about his decision.

I thought this guy was an idiot at first but I put it to a vote, 11-1(the 1 being a Ravens season ticket holder), Ray Rice has been banned from our league forever from here on out. Thanks to the OP we're getting scum out of our fantasy league one player at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also before you colluded with Tom to get rid of Rice, you should have checked with Steve, Gary, and Bruce too.

At an auction I attended a couple of weeks ago the bidding on Rice was delayed while one of the league's owners went on a lengthy rant about anyone despicable enough to even think of bidding on such a low life human bean. Of course, that same owner jumped in at the last second and bought him. I laughed.

At an auction I attended a couple of weeks ago the bidding on Rice was delayed while one of the league's owners went on a lengthy rant about anyone despicable enough to even think of bidding on such a low life human bean. Of course, that same owner jumped in at the last second and bought him. I laughed.
:lmao:

I love how dragging her out of the elevator by her hair wasn't DEEPLY disturbing and shocking enough for a stand to be taken in the first place.
it was, but it wasn't disturbing enough to take EXECUTIVE ACTION or to confer with Tom about it.
Well, it was not pointed out in the OP, but Tom is actually the caveman from the Geico commercials - so dragging women around by their hair is generally acceptable behavior.

I sent this message to the league this evening:

"League,

As I got off the plane today and went online, I was deeply shocked by the video that was released of Ray Rice and his then-fiancee. As a father of 2 girls, I will not stand for any domestic abuse of the sort I saw. It was deeply disturbing, especially to see them together still (and now married) afterwards.

I quickly talked to Tom, who owns Ray Rice in our league, and we both immediately agreed that Tom would drop Ray Rice, and I would take the Executive Action of banning Ray Rice from our league forever. He can not be picked up this season, he can not be drafted next season, nor any season afterwards. From here on, he does not exist in our league.

I have no qualifications to suggest this, but if you are being abused, or know of anyone being abused, contact the police or a women's group that can help the abused get out of the situation. If you have ever hit a woman in your life in anger or frustration, please get counseling so that it doesn't progress further, and never raise your hand again.

I know that I'm stretching the authority of my position here, but I hope that you will be understanding and supportive. And I applaud Tom for being completely aligned and supportive, despite the hole this scumbag has left in Tom's team."

I also ask, if anybody on this forum knows how to delete a player from MFL, please let me know.
Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

There is a special place in hades for people who start a thread and never contribute anymore when it doesn't go thier way.

my league has banned all players who have ever pointed to the sky.

we are down to three teams and a starting requirements of just five flex positions.

There's one thing I don't understand....why the huge outcry now that we saw him do it when we knew all along what he did? Why does seeing him do it change anything?

Don't get me wrong, he's a scumbag, but I don't understand the sudden uproar from the league and fans.

Hearing about Ray Rice knocking out his fiance and dragging her out of an elevator? 2 game ban.

Seeing Ray Rice knock out his fiance and drag her out of an elevator? Ban for life.
I'll admit I'm one of those people. Once I saw the video yesterday I was disgusted and totally had a different POV on it. I guess until you actually see it, you don't know what exactly happened. Seeing it drove it home for me. The scary thing to me was his demeanor after he did it. Like it was natural for him. No remorse. Didn't say "oh god...what have I done?". Just seemed like he was bothered with having to DRAG her out of the elevator.
Same for me. I can't believe the people that don't understand why it's more impactful actually seeing it.
I think people understand very much why it's more impactful.

It's that people can mull over it a moment and still seem to think it's OK to have their outrage so affected by a video that's the problem.

If you are admitting that the video made you look at it differently, then isn't is also implicit that you are capable of not taking something as serious if there isn't video?

Let the significance of that distinction sink in for a minute. By definition, if you are more outraged because there is video, it necessarily follows that you are less outraged when there isn't.

So are you saying that it's OK to care less or be less outraged by violence so long as you don't have to actually look at it?

There is rarely video of violent crime. So is it just possible that you are walking through life being somewhat dismissive of violent crime since there isn't often video of it?

It's a bit chilling that the population in this day and age is still so affected by sensationalism and yet at the same time desensitized to the everyday violence that goes on that we only hear about.

How many videos of someone getting beat down will we have to see before we start taking similar situations where video isn't present just as seriously?

As I stated earlier, if seeing the video has "opened your eyes" to the issue and you don't need to see video next time, great. But at some point being self-aware enough to understand that the video increases outrage ought to enable one to overcome both the sensationalism AND desensitization.

Looks like you will have to ban Peterson now in order to retain any credibility. I really cannot think of any excuse for a grown man to hit a kid with a switch. I mean, you might say that was the way he was raised, by being real here, there also was a time when it was pretty much o.k. to crack your wife in the face if she was mouthing off.

Nice work.

Looks like you will have to ban Peterson now in order to retain any credibility. I really cannot think of any excuse for a grown man to hit a kid with a switch. I mean, you might say that was the way he was raised, by being real here, there also was a time when it was pretty much o.k. to crack your wife in the face if she was mouthing off.

Nice work.
this

I'm not sure what this says to me as a person, but one of my first thoughts when I heard the Peterson news was this thread.

OP, please post the "banning ADP" message when you're done writing it since obviously beating a kid bloody is worse than punching an adult woman in the face (or hey, at least on par).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread