What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Watkins/Thomas/Cohen for AB/Coleman (dynasty) (WHIR) (1 Viewer)

thunderguns

Footballguy
Offer on the table (0.5 pt PPR dynasty leage):

I give: Watkins, D. Thomas, Cohen.   

I get: Antonio Brown, Coleman

Kind of torn here. Brown is the clear best player (and my team is a contender) but part of me hesitates to give up Watkins after holding him this long and when he appears on the verge of growing into a better situation (good offensive coordinator and a young QB that is getting him the ball). I have decent depth a WR if it makes a difference (Diggs, Parker, Benjamin, M. Bryant in addition to the guys listed above).

Either way I think I would do that. You do have nice Depth at WR so the 2 for 1 upgrade to getting Brown is def doable. Cohen looks good, but he'll never be a bellcow. Honestly I see his overall upside as that of what Coleman's is right now (Assuming it IS, in fact, Tevin we are talking about)

Thanks for the input -- Tevin Coleman is the guy, good guess on your part. I'll probably take the trade but good to have some confirmation from others!

Yeah, I'd be torn too. I really think the Rams are on the verge of becoming one of the best teams in the league. So much talent, so much of it young. AB is 29, and while WRs tend to have a decent amount of life in them, AB's shelf life is going to be quite a bit shorter than Watkins, which matters in dynasty. Are you in contention now with your team? If so, I think you make the trade. AB's a pretty big upgrade for you and would make you that much more of a contender right now. If you're middle of the pack in scoring/wins, I'd stay put. I'd rather have the young, even if slightly unproven, talent for the longer term.

Sammy Watkins sucks.  This week he will be 3 for 55 and you will have passed up the chance to get Antonio Brown for almost nothing.  

There is also no way the Rams are on the verge of being one of the top teams in the league, they have probably the easiest schedule in the league.  They probably are going to win 7 or 8 games.  

no way the Rams are on the verge of being one of the top teams in the league
On the verge meaning over the next couple of years. There is a lot of over hype for this season as they still have some work to do on their defense, but they already have a few young key pieces and just need to flesh out the rest of that D.

Rams are already one of the better offenses in the league through three games. They are top 10 in total yards, passing yards, and points scored. Easy schedule or not, their offense is getting it done and there's really nothing to suggest they are in for a massive drop off. Watkins is one of the better young WRs in the league and is only going to get better in that offense as he learns it considering he was a late trade to the Rams. Goff is much improved, the offensive scheme is a better fit for all their skill players, and they absolutely are on the verge of being a mainstay offense in FF. In dynasty leagues I'd absolutely want a piece or two of that offense for the long haul.

Users who are viewing this thread