What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (6 Viewers)

wannabee,i'm back again... i'm in a 8 team keeper league,we start 2 qb/3rb/3wr/te/k and d. i've been offered edge and vet pick #5 for either SA or LJ. scoring- 8pts per td,1 pt per 10 yds,8pts per receiving td. basically at pick 5 i could land chadj,reuben droughns,holt,fitz,essentially a top wr. would you do it?
Assuming you can keep both SA and LJ, I would not do that deal. Those guys are worth more than Edge plus Droughns, etc.

or what if it was sjax and pick 5 for SA or LJ?
I would only do that deal if I KNEW that I would have a choice of top WRs or a decent RB (better than Droughns). But, assuming this is so, I would do that deal and trade Alexander.

thanks for the input... it would give me a shot at the top wr's and maybe chester taylor...
In most leagues, especially if you have LT and SJax, I would much prefer to have a top WR than Droughns or Taylor.

I have been trying to trade Rudi Johnson for a top WR and have had no luck! There are teams that need help at RB but are unwilling to trade.

I have gone after S.Smith and Boldin.

Rudi/S.Moss for Lewis/Smith/1.7

Rudi/S.Moss for Fast Willie/Boldin/1.12 and 12/24

Where do you see Rudi's Value?

Am I way off base?

Thanks!

I have been trying to trade Rudi Johnson for a top WR and have had no luck! There are teams that need help at RB but are unwilling to trade.

Am I way off base?

Thanks!
The problem with Rudi, especially in non-PPR leagues is that he is not a sexy pick. He just produces. Also, many point to Perry thinking the same situation with Dillon and Rudi will come true again. Rudi, now that he played all last season wiht an injury that has been repaired should be good to go (as per the Taco Bell commercial).I would think that I would value the RJ/SM for JL/SS/1.7 would only need a low pick back from you to make a fair/square deal. Something like a 2nd or 3rd round rookie pick. Lewis' backers point to the 2k season, but Lewis has many detractors - thus lowering his value in many leagues.

I would NOT do the FWP/Boldin deal. Moss is closer to AB (and I love AB in PPR leagues) than FWP is to RJ. The picks would have to be worth it.

What does your team and rules look like? How about some of the key players on teams you want to target? I will try to offer suggestions.

Am I way off base?

Thanks!
The problem with Rudi, especially in non-PPR leagues is that he is not a sexy pick. He just produces. Also, many point to Perry thinking the same situation with Dillon and Rudi will come true again. Rudi, now that he played all last season wiht an injury that has been repaired should be good to go (as per the Taco Bell commercial).I would think that I would value the RJ/SM for JL/SS/1.7 would only need a low pick back from you to make a fair/square deal. Something like a 2nd or 3rd round rookie pick. Lewis' backers point to the 2k season, but Lewis has many detractors - thus lowering his value in many leagues.

I would NOT do the FWP/Boldin deal. Moss is closer to AB (and I love AB in PPR leagues) than FWP is to RJ. The picks would have to be worth it.

What does your team and rules look like? How about some of the key players on teams you want to target? I will try to offer suggestions.
Basic scoring can trade future draft picksHere are some of the teams that I think would be a good fit to make a trade.

A Brooks

C Palmer

R Williams

D Staley

W Parker

R Droughns

K Johnson

R Caldwell

A Boldin

L Coles

--------------

B Roethlisberger Pick 1.3,1.5

R Brown

C Martin

T Bell

D Branch

E Kennison

T Glenn

N Burleson

C Chambers

---------------

P Manning

W Dunn

A Green

T.J. Duckett

F Gore

J Porter

M Harrison

A Bryant

D' Stallworth

D Colts

-----------------

T Brady

B Favre

J Lewis

L Tomlinson

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

S Smith

H Ward

R Williams

H Miller

D Bears

----------------

M Bulger

D Culpepper

L Jordan

B Westbrook

C Benson

R Wayne

K Curtis

L Fitzgerald

T Owens

A Gates

-----------------

B Leftwich

M Vick

D McAllister

C Taylor

S Gado

R White

E Wilford

D Jackson

D Driver

T Gonzalez

Thanks again!!

Am I way off base?

Thanks!

Basic scoring can trade future draft picksHere are some of the teams that I think would be a good fit to make a trade.

A Brooks

C Palmer

R Williams

D Staley

W Parker

R Droughns

K Johnson

R Caldwell

A Boldin

L Coles

--------------

R Brown

C Martin

T Bell

D Branch

E Kennison

T Glenn

N Burleson

C Chambers

---------------

P Manning

W Dunn

A Green

T.J. Duckett

F Gore

J Porter

M Harrison

A Bryant

D' Stallworth

D Colts

-----------------

T Brady

B Favre

J Lewis

L Tomlinson

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

S Smith

H Ward

R Williams

H Miller

D Bears

----------------

M Bulger

D Culpepper

L Jordan

B Westbrook

C Benson

R Wayne

K Curtis

L Fitzgerald

T Owens

A Gates

-----------------

B Leftwich

M Vick

D McAllister

C Taylor

S Gado

R White

E Wilford

D Jackson

D Driver

T Gonzalez

Thanks again!!
Maybe I missed it, but what does your team look like? How many of each position can you start? Is it PPR?

Am I way off base?

Thanks!

A Brooks

C Palmer

R Williams

D Staley

W Parker

R Droughns

K Johnson

R Caldwell

A Boldin

L Coles

--------------

R Brown

C Martin

T Bell

D Branch

E Kennison

T Glenn

N Burleson

C Chambers

---------------

P Manning

W Dunn

A Green

T.J. Duckett

F Gore

J Porter

M Harrison

A Bryant

D' Stallworth

D Colts

-----------------

T Brady

B Favre

J Lewis

L Tomlinson

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

S Smith

H Ward

R Williams

H Miller

D Bears

----------------

M Bulger

D Culpepper

L Jordan

B Westbrook

C Benson

R Wayne

K Curtis

L Fitzgerald

T Owens

A Gates

-----------------

B Leftwich

M Vick

D McAllister

C Taylor

S Gado

R White

E Wilford

D Jackson

D Driver

T Gonzalez

Thanks again!!
Maybe I missed it, but what does your team look like? How many of each position can you start? Is it PPR?
see sig line for team and starting req..... no ppr

I do not want to keep quoting the posts. You have a strong team. Personally, if it were my team, I would keep Rudi (since no one in your league thinks he is worth much). For a 3rd stud WR, I would look to package SMoss and Plax.

Suggestions:

SMoss/Plax for Boldin/Caldwell

SMoss/Plax for TO (or Fitz) /Curtis

Smoss/Plax/Rudi for Lewis/SSmith/Favre (I like this one the least)

While looking at these, I am still of the thought that you should keep Rudi and trade away a package of the WRs for the stud wr.

I do not want to keep quoting the posts.  You have a strong team.  Personally, if it were my team, I would keep Rudi (since no one in your league thinks he is worth much).  For a 3rd stud WR, I would look to package SMoss and Plax. 

Suggestions:

While looking at these, I am still of the thought that you should keep Rudi and trade away a package of the WRs for the stud wr.
What kind of #'s do you see Plax and Moss putting up....If they can put up #'s close to what they had last year I think I would be fine......my real problem is draft picks....I don't pick til 3.7,3.11,5.11,6.11,7.11Although after the first 7-8 picks it's all a gamble (we keep 10 player each year)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not want to keep quoting the posts.  You have a strong team.  Personally, if it were my team, I would keep Rudi (since no one in your league thinks he is worth much).  For a 3rd stud WR, I would look to package SMoss and Plax. 

Suggestions:

What kind of #'s do you see Plax and Moss putting up....If they can put up #'s close to what they had last year I think I would be fine......my real problem is draft picks....I don't pick til 3.7,3.11,5.11,6.11,7.11Although after the first 7-8 picks it's all a gamble (we keep 10 player each year)
Without PPR, I cannot see Moss equaling his TD numbers this year. This article: http://www.footballguys.com/06drinen-whothrows.php

shows that the Redskins threw to other WRs very little last year. I would expect Plax's numbers to go up as Eli matures. One trade thought might be to move SMoss to the team with 1.3 and 1.5. I would think that you could explore a trade of SMoss and 3rd for 1.3 and Burleson or something like that. With Glenn and Kennison getting older, and Branch's potential holdout, a wise owner would want a young WR.

Here is a write up I did for Michael Clayton. Please feel free to comment.

Disclaimer: I know injury claimed some of the blame for Clayton's lower numbers in 2005 compared to his rookie year in 2004.

But, I would like to offer another, alternative reason:

Drop in targets. Period.

Here are the numbers:

In 2004, Clayton had 116 of the 253 Tampa WR targets. Of those targets, he caught 80 passes for 1193 yds and 7 TDs. This was a very good rookie year. Also, Galloway and Jurevicius each missed six of the first 7 games. During this time, Clayton had 55 targets in his first 7 games. The surprising part is that the targets did not decrease when Galloway and Jurevicius came back. Clayton still averaged almost two more targets a game than did Galloway after Galloway came back from the injury.

In 2005, Clayton had 55 targets in 13 games. This is out of a total of WR targets of 270. Of those 55 targets, 32 netting 372 yds and 0 TDs. Oddly enough, Jurevicius departed and Galloway received the bulk of the targets. Galloway had 152 of the 270 total WR targets. In addition, Ike Hillard had 54 targets.

Now, let's look at the difference in targets. The targets for Clayton were almost cut in half on a per game basis. This has to play major part in the reduction in fantasy production. Something changes between 2004 and 2005 to flip-flop the targets.

Some possibilities:

a. Injury: Galloway was still nicked up when he first came back in 2004 and his targets rose as he became healthier. In addition, Clayton's injuries could have made him ineffective and less able to get open in 2005 than in 2004.

b. The addition of Caddy Williams in 2005 altered the routes and play-calling, and therefore the targets. In 2004, Pittman was leading rusher with 219 carries for 926 yds. In 2005, Caddy was the leading rusher 290 carries for 1178 yds.

c. Change of QB. In 2004, Griese played in 11 games and averaged 30 attempts a game. In 2005, Simms was the leading QB, playing in 11 games and and attemped 313 passes. Maybe Griese, as a veteran, gained confidence in the rookie (Clayton) and looked for him even after Galloway and Jurevicius came back. Simms, a young QB, looked for the stable, veteran WR (Galloway) often as a safety net, especially with a rookie RB.

d. Record of Tampa Bay. In 2004, the Bucs were 5-11 and 11-5 in 2005. This, in addition to the drafting of Caddy, could change the game plan.

In summary, I think some of the blame for the decrease in Clayton's fantasy production was due to injury. But, there are many other factors at work, too. In trying to define fantasy production for 2006, and beyond, I think we cannot assume that Clayton will automatically resume the position as focal point in the passing game, and thereby getting the largest chunk of the targets.

The targets will tell us in 2006 which year, 2004 or 2005, was the fluke.

The links for this info:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam2005.htm

http://www.footballguys.com/teampage-tam-2.php

The quote below is from a write up I did back in December, and re-posted in full on page three of this thread about the 2005 rookie RBs. I want to re-visit Benson.

I see Benson as a true "buy low" right now for dynasty leagues. Yes, it is looking as though he might be sharing time with Thomas Jones. But, Benson is way more talented than Jones. Look at the very good numbers Jones put up last year. I plan on taking advantage of this perceived RBBC to but Benson low. His ADP in most dynasty leagues is mid 3rd round, right there with Jamal Lewis, etc. Give me Benson, in that Bear running game all day.

In December, I wrote a thread about the rookie RBs from 2005. Here is the link:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...++benson++brown

This was just my views from watching the RBs play. This will be in two parts. I will copy the text here:

A Closer Look at the 2005 Rookie RB Class

Cedric Benson - Benson is a pounding back that is the type of runner who gets stronger as the game goes on. He went to the ideal team, the Bears. But, no one counted on Thomas Jones playing so well this year and staying injury free. Regardless, Benson has a bright future in Chicago. Benson has been slowed this year for a couple of reasons. First of all, he held out and missed most of training camp and preseason. This has stunted the growth of all who have gotten themselves in that situation. Secondly, a midseason knee injury stalled any momentum gained due to Jones’ rib injury. Benson runs “down hill” and with authority. He is a big guy at 5’10 and 215 lbs. He runs larger than the listed size, too.

Comparables:

High Side – Rudi Johnson. Rudi is a grind it out back that gets stronger as the game goes along. This situation might be like Rudi’s where it was not until his third year in the NFL, and a Dillon injury, when Rudi emerged. This prompted a Dillon trade. Strong play by Benson might force a Jones trade.

Low Side – Ron Dayne – Size and high draft pick. Dayne is an enigma who shows flashes, but in the end, it is obvious to all he cannot be relied upon to be the primary ball carrier. Dayne has the size, but thinks of himself as a finesse runner.

Equivalent – Mike Anderson in his prime. Anderson has been a stud, when healthy, on a team that likes to run the ball ... a lot. Benson has to prove that he is more durable than Mike the Marine. But, he is a workhorse type of back.

Benson proved to be durable and a workhorse in college. He started 43 games in college and ran for 5,500+ yards and 64 TDs. He very well could be on par with fellow Longhorn, Ricky Williams, even though they have different strengths. He could be a solid RB5-10 for ten years. He will probably be a guy who relies heavily on TDs to gain fantasy points. He will gain yards a plenty, but is strong at the goal line and will be used to punch in red zone TDs. Due to Benson’s injury and holdout, his value is low. I put Benson as a buy primarily because he will not be as expensive as one might think. Many Benson owners might be looking at Thomas Jones as a roadblock. But, in dynasty, talent rises to the top. In 2005, Benson has only 58 carries for 237 yards yielding a 4.1 ypc. He has flashed some speed with 3 carries on 20+ yards and long carry of 36 yards. My recommendation would be to try to buy Benson today. He is slowed coming back from injury. His knee is still “stiff”. But, if the Bears go deep in the playoffs, Benson might get a chance to show all watching what he is made of – including the Bears and the Benson owners. If you believe in Benson, now is the time to buy.

I posted this in another thread, but wanted to expound some.

I think we are all spoiled as to how fast rookie RBs have gotten to start from recent history. All six RBs (Bush, Maroney, Williams, White, Addai, and Norwood) will have to hold off a veteran for playing time. I see White and Addai as the only ones with a great shot at getting enough game time early in the season. We all assume Bush will get touches, but will it be enough to start him on your fantasy team? probably not to start with. Maroney will probably sit behind Dillon, for the most part, getting a lot of game time upon a Dillon injury. Williams will start as Foster's backup. We will see how long it takes for him to get injured. White will battle the injury- prone, Chris Brown, for the majority of touches. And Addai will battle Rhodes. While Norwood is working torwards being Dunn's backup.

In the long term, most of these situations are very good for RBs. But, if you are looking for 2006 fantasy production, you might temper your expectations.

If you look at the top RBs currently (Alexander, LT, LJ, Portis, Rudi, Caddy, Brown, Edge, etc) you will notice that many were drafted into situations where there was an established veteran RB already. Atleast half of rookie RBs were drafted where a RBBC is the best they could hope for their rookie year. I think we look at situations like Caddy, LT, and Portis as the norm. But, I think they might be the exception. Even when a guy like Ron Dayne was drafted high, Tiki was there and the Giants were going to employ a RBBC (Thunder and Lightning).

Conclusion: Be patient with the RBs. As posted in an earlier post in this thread, I think these RB's value will rise between now and their 2nd year as the situation sorts itself out.

what do you think about trading culpepper and plaxico and 2.03 for javon walker 1.06 and brunell. its a 12 team dynasty league starts 2rb 3 wr no ppr

my team:

QBs

M Hasselbeck

D Carr

J Kitna

D Culpepper

RBs

S Alexander

C Williams

C Taylor

C Houston

M Morris

WRs

S Smith

C Chambers

P Burress

K Johnson

K Curtis

E Kennison

TE

J Shockey

LJ Smith

I think Vernon Davis will go 4 so I should be able to get a RB at 1.06

what do you think about trading culpepper and plaxico and 2.03 for javon walker 1.06 and brunell. its a 12 team dynasty league starts 2rb 3 wr no ppr

my team:

QBs

M Hasselbeck

D Carr

J Kitna

D Culpepper

RBs

S Alexander

C Williams

C Taylor

C Houston

M Morris

WRs

S Smith

C Chambers

P Burress

K Johnson

K Curtis

E Kennison

TE

J Shockey

LJ Smith

I do not like it at all. I think you are giving up the two best players in this deal, by a long ways. Yes, the pic helps, but that is not a fair offer for you. If you want to trade Culpepper, in a start 1 QB league and Carr and Kitna on the bench, I think you could get a decent RB straight up for Culpepper. You might even be able to get a pick, like 1.05, and a QB, like Brad Johnson, for Culpepper.

Also, Culpepper's value is only going up as he proves himself healthy.

my team:

QBs

M Hasselbeck

D Carr

J Kitna

D Culpepper

RBs

S Alexander

C Williams

C Taylor

C Houston

M Morris

WRs

S Smith

C Chambers

P Burress

K Johnson

K Curtis

E Kennison

TE

J Shockey

LJ Smith

I do not like it at all. I think you are giving up the two best players in this deal, by a long ways. Yes, the pic helps, but that is not a fair offer for you. If you want to trade Culpepper, in a start 1 QB league and Carr and Kitna on the bench, I think you could get a decent RB straight up for Culpepper. You might even be able to get a pick, like 1.05, and a QB, like Brad Johnson, for Culpepper.

thanks for the advice,what do you think about holt and brunell for culpepper and plax?

my team:

QBs

M Hasselbeck

D Carr

J Kitna

D Culpepper

RBs

S Alexander

C Williams

C Taylor

C Houston

M Morris

WRs

S Smith

C Chambers

P Burress

K Johnson

K Curtis

E Kennison

TE

J Shockey

LJ Smith

thanks for the advice,what do you think about holt and brunell for culpepper and plax?
I think it is an average (to below average) deal for you in non-PPR league. Would be a good deal for you in PPR league.With that deal, I would hope (and I know you are limited to which players are on which teams) you could get a CJohnson, SSmith, or Fitz. Holt's value really comes in PPR leagues where his catch numbers are through the roof.

Sup wannabee...

Ok, i have posted this but have gotten mixed feelings... This is a 10 team dynasty draft, 2nd year into it. I have the 1.6 pick looking to move up and get the #3.

I have been offered 2 trades by 2 different people.

this is my team

Bulger, Rothlisberger, Frye, Volek, Collins-K

LJ, Dillon, FWP, Holmes

Harisson, Coles, KRob, Stallworth, Wilford, lelie, Crayton, Cothery

LJ Smith

Team trade #1

PMann, leftwich

Portis, bell, CMart, Ad Peterson, Pittman, MemO, suggs

Fitz, Holt, Branch, Burelson, Coo Coo Cachoo, randle el, rhoddy white

McMichael

Team trade #2

A Smith, warner, delhomme

LT, edge, Kjones, Gore, Barlow, Faulk-m, Gado

Housh, horn, engram, galloway, G Lewis, R brown

cooley

performance scoring

1qb, 2rb, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te, 1 k IDP(not worried bout that yet)

I was offered from team # 2

LJ, Harrison, Lelie my 1.6 and 3.7

for

LT, Housh, Gore his 2.5 and 2.9

I need RB depth but I think this hurts more than helps if you ask me

Now here's the other from team #1

Portis, bell, Donnie edwards 1.3

for

LJ, harrison, 1.6

what about

LJ, Lelie 1.6

for

Portis, bell 1.3

If I dont trade at all Im going to take V Davis at 1.6

Sup wannabee...

Ok, i have posted this but have gotten mixed feelings... This is a 10 team dynasty draft, 2nd year into it. I have the 1.6 pick looking to move up and get the #3.

this is my team

LJ, Dillon, FWP, Holmes

LJ Smith

Team trade #1

PMann, leftwich

McMichael

Team trade #2

cooley

performance scoring

for

for

LJ, harrison, 1.6

what about

LJ, Lelie 1.6

for

Portis, bell 1.3

The first one is an easy NO for me. Even though I am a huge Housh fan and think he is underrated, I think you would be crazy to do that deal. I am not an IDPer, but still think LJ/Harrison is worth more. Now, the last one all depends on who you would take at 1.03 and how much you value that player over Davis. Just like with Lelie, I do not think Bell is startable in most leagues. Unless you start three or more RBs, I do not think you should consider Bell part of this deal (same as Lelie). To me, it comes down to Portis and 1.3 for LJ and Davis. Do you like the player at 1.3 enough to make up the difference between LJ and Portis? Or, are you one of the guys that is real high on Portis and apprensive on LJ?

Unless you are very high on either Portis (relative to LJ) or the player at 1.3, I would pass. It is not as though I am a Dayne fan by any means, but I do not see Bell getting enough touches per game to be a starter.

Sup wannabee...

Ok, i have posted this but have gotten mixed feelings...  This is a 10 team dynasty draft, 2nd year into it.  I have the 1.6 pick looking to move up and get the #3. 

this is my team

LJ, Dillon, FWP, Holmes

LJ Smith

Team trade #1

PMann, leftwich

McMichael

Team trade #2

cooley

performance scoring

for

for

LJ, harrison, 1.6

what about

LJ, Lelie 1.6

for

Portis, bell 1.3

The first one is an easy NO for me. Even though I am a huge Housh fan and think he is underrated, I think you would be crazy to do that deal. I am not an IDPer, but still think LJ/Harrison is worth more. Now, the last one all depends on who you would take at 1.03 and how much you value that player over Davis. Just like with Lelie, I do not think Bell is startable in most leagues. Unless you start three or more RBs, I do not think you should consider Bell part of this deal (same as Lelie). To me, it comes down to Portis and 1.3 for LJ and Davis. Do you like the player at 1.3 enough to make up the difference between LJ and Portis? Or, are you one of the guys that is real high on Portis and apprensive on LJ?

Unless you are very high on either Portis (relative to LJ) or the player at 1.3, I would pass. It is not as though I am a Dayne fan by any means, but I do not see Bell getting enough touches per game to be a starter.
i am going to take maroney at 1.3 Team #1 has both pick 1.2 and 1.3(via trades). I wanted Bell incase he does take over as the #1 in Denver. Lelie is garbage to me pretty much. i dont know what do youthink?

Sup wannabee...

Ok, i have posted this but have gotten mixed feelings...  This is a 10 team dynasty draft, 2nd year into it.  I have the 1.6 pick looking to move up and get the #3. 

this is my team

LJ, Dillon, FWP, Holmes

LJ Smith

Team trade #1

PMann, leftwich

McMichael

Team trade #2

cooley

performance scoring

for

for

LJ, harrison, 1.6

what about

LJ, Lelie 1.6

for

Portis, bell 1.3

i am going to take maroney at 1.3 Team #1 has both pick 1.2 and 1.3(via trades). I wanted Bell incase he does take over as the #1 in Denver. Lelie is garbage to me pretty much. i dont know what do youthink?
by the way 1.1 Bush

1.2 (team #1) Addai

1.3(team #1) maroney<<if I take his pick I will be taking maroney(i also have Dillon too)

Sup wannabee...

this is my team

LJ, Dillon, FWP, Holmes

LJ Smith

Team trade #1

PMann, leftwich

McMichael

Team trade #2

cooley

performance scoring

for

for

LJ, harrison, 1.6

what about

LJ, Lelie 1.6

for

Portis, bell 1.3

How do you view Maroney + Portis for LJ + V. Davis

In the end, if you feel the Dillon/Maroney combo can make up the difference, which it sounds that you do ..... then I would do that deal.

I think it could be a great trade for you with much dependent on Portis.

In the end, if you feel the Dillon/Maroney combo can make up the difference, which it sounds that you do ..... then I would do that deal.

He countered with LJ, harisson, Lelie my 1.6for

Portis, Branch, Burleson 1.3

basically

LJ, Harisson, Lelie, VDavis

for

Portis, Branch, Burleson, Maroney

no way would I do that.

no way would I do that.
why is that? Just wondering? Branch should be targeted alot more, portis is still a pimp, Burleson could be #1 esecially if Djax knees are jacked and maroney....well you know about him.LJ yes, pimp...top 3 overall no doubt, SA or LT are arguably riight there with LJ, portis I have at #5 behind Edge. Marvin had elbow and wrist surgery, he's 33 and branch is like 15 yrs old.

no way would I do that.
why is that? Just wondering? Branch should be targeted alot more, portis is still a pimp, Burleson could be #1 esecially if Djax knees are jacked and maroney....well you know about him.LJ yes, pimp...top 3 overall no doubt, SA or LT are arguably riight there with LJ, portis I have at #5 behind Edge. Marvin had elbow and wrist surgery, he's 33 and branch is like 15 yrs old.
LJ>Portis by some (difference depends on the person). Harrison is old, but very productive still. To me, he his worth more than Burleson and Branch together.I think your team is better than you do, imo. You have some very good players.

Could you "skin" this a different way and trade Dillon for Bell plus a late pick?

no way would I do that.
LJ>Portis by some (difference depends on the person). Harrison is old, but very productive still. To me, he his worth more than Burleson and Branch together.I think your team is better than you do, imo. You have some very good players.

Could you "skin" this a different way and trade Dillon for Bell plus a late pick?
not sure. Harisson just worries me about being 33 and I know he still is productive but how bad will my team be if i did this? I wouldnt think it would drop that bad ...but then again

Toughspot, I believe in giving quantity and getting quality. This is how most very good teams are built. Then they use the waiver wire well, draft, and trade well.

I think you are giving up the quality players in this deal (yes, Portis is quality - just not LJ).

Toughspot, I believe in giving quantity and getting quality. This is how most very good teams are built. Then they use the waiver wire well, draft, and trade well.

I think you are giving up the quality players in this deal (yes, Portis is quality - just not LJ).
What is better for not just this year but in the long run?Starting Lineup

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith

Toughspot, I believe in giving quantity and getting quality.  This is how most very good teams are built.  Then they use the waiver wire well, draft, and trade well.

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith
Sounds like you have made your mind up. But, what happens if Branch walks after this year? Name one former NE WR who has done anything after leaving. What happens if he holds out? I think there is a decent chance Harrison is productive longer than Branch. Not to mention, he was way more productive last year.

Toughspot, I believe in giving quantity and getting quality.  This is how most very good teams are built.  Then they use the waiver wire well, draft, and trade well.

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith
Sounds like you have made your mind up. But, what happens if Branch walks after this year? Name one former NE WR who has done anything after leaving. What happens if he holds out? I think there is a decent chance Harrison is productive longer than Branch. Not to mention, he was way more productive last year.
I guess Im basically risking potential. If Branch and Burleson pan out then Im gold. maroney looks to be a golden boy and Portis is proven to be a stud in a ####ty system last year. LJ lost his stating guard, and lost tony Richardson, granted he will be a stud, but if Holmes plays again, he will definitly cut his carries. Like holme and LJ last year, but reveresed. So you wouldnt do this?

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith
I guess Im basically risking potential. If Branch and Burleson pan out then Im gold. maroney looks to be a golden boy and Portis is proven to be a stud in a ####ty system last year. LJ lost his stating guard, and lost tony Richardson, granted he will be a stud, but if Holmes plays again, he will definitly cut his carries. Like holme and LJ last year, but reveresed. So you wouldnt do this?
Probably not in that state. I think you can get a better deal. But, you seem higher on Branch and Burleson than I am. I try to win every year. You can win this year with the current team. I can understand those high on Branch and Burleson's potential to take the deal. I would not think you are wrong for doing the deal, but may be leaving a little value on the table.

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith
Probably not in that state. I think you can get a better deal. But, you seem higher on Branch and Burleson than I am. I try to win every year. You can win this year with the current team. I can understand those high on Branch and Burleson's potential to take the deal. I would not think you are wrong for doing the deal, but may be leaving a little value on the table.
He is a very good and tough person to deal with. I need a future stud RB and I believe I have him with Maroney and Protis. Parker scares me and LJ is a pimp too. Harisson looks like his body is breaking down a bit (2 off season surgeries) So, I definitly am screwing my self if I do this trade?

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith
He is a very good and tough person to deal with. I need a future stud RB and I believe I have him with Maroney and Protis. Parker scares me and LJ is a pimp too. Harisson looks like his body is breaking down a bit (2 off season surgeries) So, I definitly am screwing my self if I do this trade?
not at all. But, check this out on the WRs:Harrison, 10 straight seasons with 10+ TDs, and 1100+ yds. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1231

Branch, who just finished his 4th year, has had injuries frequesntly. He has never had more than 5 TDs or even 1k yards. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302177

Also, a big part of this is which Burleson you expect to see in Seattle. He is still young. 2004 was a great year, the other two years have been less than stellar.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395935

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith
not at all. But, check this out on the WRs:Harrison, 10 straight seasons with 10+ TDs, and 1100+ yds. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1231

Branch, who just finished his 4th year, has had injuries frequesntly. He has never had more than 5 TDs or even 1k yards. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302177

Also, a big part of this is which Burleson you expect to see in Seattle. He is still young. 2004 was a great year, the other two years have been less than stellar.

I guess im asking..if you dont mind...Im kinda beating a dead horse....Do you think I can win now and in the future with this trade if I pull the trigger, or am I helping him out to much

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith

I guess im asking..if you dont mind...Im kinda beating a dead horse....Do you think I can win now and in the future with this trade if I pull the trigger, or am I helping him out to much
if you trade, you are sacrificimg a better chance to win it this year. Sure, you could still win it with the trade. But, with the trade, you are accumulating younger RBs and WRs for the future. It has to be a conscious decision to weigh what you want for goals against the risks.

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith

if you trade, you are sacrificimg a better chance to win it this year. Sure, you could still win it with the trade. But, with the trade, you are accumulating younger RBs and WRs for the future. It has to be a conscious decision to weigh what you want for goals against the risks.
Well, I did the trade.LJ, harisson, lelie, 1.6

for

Portis, Branch, Burleson, 1.3 (Maroney)

Figured I helped my team out for the future and possibly this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvK9...=yhoo&type=lgns

Check that out^^ Just read that and I feel alot better now about my trade

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith

Well, I did the trade.LJ, harisson, lelie, 1.6

for

I do like Portis, but you might also consider the number of carries he has had since coming to Wash. He has almost 700 carries and 70 catches. They need to use him more wisely. Hope it works out for you.

Toughspot, I believe in giving quantity and getting quality.  This is how most very good teams are built.  Then they use the waiver wire well, draft, and trade well.I think you are giving up the quality players in this deal (yes, Portis is quality - just not LJ).
What is better for not just this year but in the long run?

Starting Lineup

This yr

Bulger

LJ

DIllon

Harisson

Coles

KRob

VDavis

Future

Bulger

Portis

Maroney/Dillon

Branch

Coles

Krob

LJ Smith
Probably not in that state. I think you can get a better deal. But, you seem higher on Branch and Burleson than I am. I try to win every year. You can win this year with the current team.

I can understand those high on Branch and Burleson's potential to take the deal. I would not think you are wrong for doing the deal, but may be leaving a little value on the table.
not at all. But, check this out on the WRs:

Harrison, 10 straight seasons with 10+ TDs, and 1100+ yds. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1231

Well, I did the trade.

LJ, harisson, lelie, 1.6

for

I do like Portis, but you might also consider the number of carries he has had since coming to Wash. He has almost 700 carries and 70 catches. They need to use him more wisely. Hope it works out for you.
hopefully he wears those moronic costums from day 1 so he plays like he did at the end of last season :banned:

Wannabe,

Current Roster: Bold are starters

P. Manning

M. Bulger

D. Davis

K.Jones

D. McAllister

C. Brown

S. Gado

T. Henry

R. Smith

D. Mason

D. Bennett

M. Muhammed

J. Porter

A. Gates

Z. Hilton

Do I trade Manning for Culpepper and Walker? I have the #5 pick in our rookie draft and will take an top 5 RB to help my RB situation. I am thin at WR and Walker gives me upside.

I am scared to trade Manning because obviously he is a lock to be a top 5 QB for the next 6 years.

Bulger is worthless in our league - I can't get a bag of balls for him. 10 team league where we start 1QB - so everyone is set.

Another option is to trade Duece to the future Reggie Bush owner for Reggie Brown. What do you think?

Wannabe,

Current Roster:  Bold are starters

P. Manning

M. Bulger

D. Davis

K.Jones

D. McAllister

C. Brown

S. Gado

T. Henry

R. Smith

D. Mason

D. Bennett

M. Muhammed

J. Porter

A. Gates

Z. Hilton

Do I trade Manning for Culpepper and Walker?  I have the #5 pick in our rookie draft and will take an top 5 RB to help my RB situation.  I am thin at WR and Walker gives me upside.

I am scared to trade Manning because obviously he is a lock to be a top 5 QB for the next 6 years.

Bulger is worthless in our league - I can't get a bag of balls for him.  10 team league where we start 1QB - so everyone is set.

Another option is to trade Duece to the future Reggie Bush owner for Reggie Brown. What do you think?
To the first question, I think Walker's upside in Denver is lower than when he was in GB. In addition, I think it will take him another year to gain that potential (smith retiring and another year to get over the knee injury). His upside next year should be similar to what Smith has produced. I am just saying that this is what the expectation level should be. Given this, I think you could get more. Does this owner have a better WR that you give him Bennett or Muhammed and he gives you a Holt, Fitz, etc? This would make it worth it. I do not think it is a good move otherwise.Option 2 is a little less than "fair" in its present form. I would think you would need a pick or swap another player to make the deal square. I like Reg Brown and his upside, but think Deuce is still worth quite a bit more in a straight swap.

Hope this helps.

I will try, from time to time, to offer some of my BUY LOW or SELL HIGH players for the coming season.

I will try to add one every day or so. Here is one I posted in another thread:

One guy that is hardly drafted that could surprise is ..... Gus Frerotte. He is not listed in the ADP (meaning QB35+). Frerotte is only ranked by two of the staff, AaronR and Bloom. His aggregate ranking for Qbs in 58. Linehan brought Gus from Minny to Miami for a reason. Now, Linehan brings Gus to St. Louis to be the backup QB.

In Miami last year, Gus had 3000 yards and 18 TDs, while starting 15 games. Those are not bad numbers at all. The personnel in StL is much better overall, especially at WR.

Bulger has produced well, but been nicked up often. He started 8 games in 2005, 14 games in 2004, and 15 games in 2003. If Bulger misses 2-4 games again in 2005, Frerotte will be a very good spot play. The defense in the division is improved some, but still very weak. Gus could have some very good games for your fantasy team down the stretch if Bulger is nicked up .... again.

Wannabe,

Current Roster: Bold are starters

P. Manning

M. Bulger

D. Davis

K.Jones

D. McAllister

C. Brown

S. Gado

T. Henry

R. Smith

D. Mason

D. Bennett

M. Muhammed

J. Porter

A. Gates

Z. Hilton

Do I trade Manning for Culpepper and Walker? I have the #5 pick in our rookie draft and will take an top 5 RB to help my RB situation. I am thin at WR and Walker gives me upside.

Bulger is worthless in our league - I can't get a bag of balls for him. 10 team league where we start 1QB - so everyone is set.

To the first question, I think Walker's upside in Denver is lower than when he was in GB. In addition, I think it will take him another year to gain that potential (smith retiring and another year to get over the knee injury). His upside next year should be similar to what Smith has produced. I am just saying that this is what the expectation level should be. Given this, I think you could get more. Does this owner have a better WR that you give him Bennett or Muhammed and he gives you a Holt, Fitz, etc? This would make it worth it. I do not think it is a good move otherwise.Option 2 is a little less than "fair" in its present form. I would think you would need a pick or swap another player to make the deal square. I like Reg Brown and his upside, but think Deuce is still worth quite a bit more in a straight swap.

Hope this helps.
I agree - and did not make that trade. I decided that my teams advantage is Manning and Gates. Having the #1 player at two positions is huge. And since this is a keeper league - Manning solves all my QB headaches for years to come.The owner with the #1 pick also has D. Foster. During our rookie draft, if I don't get L. White at #5 I should be able to get D. Williams. If that is the case I could move Duece possibly for Foster and Reggie Brown.

Thanks for the advice - that is what I will do.

Wannabe,

What are your thoughts on Ron Dayne? He is available in our rookie draft as he was not on any team last year.

Where do you rank him among the rookies? I have picks at #5 and #29. Obviously #5 is too high and I don't think there is a prayer he makes it to #29.

Would you put him with the top 5 Rookie RB this year? Or the 2nd teir like Norwood, Drew types?

Just curious - I am pretty sure he is riding under most radars this off season.

Wannabe,

What are your thoughts on Ron Dayne?  He is available in our rookie draft as he was not on  any team last year.

Where do you rank him among the rookies?  I have picks at #5 and #29.  Obviously #5 is too high and I don't think there is a prayer he makes it to #29.

Would you put him with the top 5 Rookie RB this year?  Or the 2nd teir like Norwood, Drew types?

Just curious - I am pretty sure he is riding under most radars this off season.
I would put Dayne, as if in rookie pool, in the overall 10-15 range. The thing about rookie RBs is that they were drafted with a purpose. Dayne was picked up for depth at the time last year.

Users who are viewing this thread