What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Tight Ends (1 Viewer)

Isotopes

Footballguy
There hasn't been a lot of production from the tight end position in general this year. I normally don't keep a backup tight end on my roster, and now am facing those repurcussions. Luckily, there are some decent choices for me on the ww right now. Looking for some suggestions on who is likely to be the most productive, and gain some insight from other Gonzo owners who are looking at the waiver wire for help.

My choices;

Kris Wilson/Jason Dunn. Sounds like Wilson is the choice here, but is still a relatively unknown commodity. He is a safe choice to fill in for an injured Gonzo and should be available on most wws.

Bo Scaife. I know absolutely nothing about this guy, other than he has been somewhat productive this year and the past 2 weeks in particular. Admittedly, I haven't seen the Titans play this year so I am not sure if he is a favorite target of VY or if his recent success was an abhorration.

Vernon Davis. Super-hyped rookie coming off an injury. Sounds like he will finally see the field this week, but we can't be certain he is 100% nor do we know how he will be used.

Jeramy Stevans. Probably not on most wws, but he is on mine. Seems like the logical choice...however, if SA comes back this week along with Hasselbeck, will the production of the tight end suffer as Shaun will get more carries and Hass will look downfield more than Wallace?

I am at a point where every game is a must win for me to make the playoffs. Losing Gonzo just as he was starting to catch fire will not help. Any thoughts on the guys mentioned above, or any lesser known tight end that I may have overlooked?

I had Owen Daniels and Bo Scaife to choose from... I took Daniels.

Of your choices, I think I would go with Stevans.

I think Scaife is a high risk / high reward type of player.

Vince Young slowly getting better each week, and Tennessee just lost Givens for the year.Possible that Vince learns to use a TE like his Mentor McNair used to do.

Either way...tough call....keep an eye out for Wilcox on BAL also, Heap has been getting banged up and it's that time of the year where lots of guys succumb to injury for a few weeks.

Bo Scaife. I know absolutely nothing about this guy, other than he has been somewhat productive this year and the past 2 weeks in particular. Admittedly, I haven't seen the Titans play this year so I am not sure if he is a favorite target of VY or if his recent success was an abhorration.
Scaife is a rookie. He is definitely a favorite target for Vince, just as he was in college when he played with him at Texas.See his draft profile.

I like Daniels if he's out there, but Scaife is definitely a good option.

Jerramy Stevens and Dallas Clark are both on my league's WW. One of them - likely Stevens - will be in my lineup this week to replace Gonzalez.

I think Scaife is a high risk / high reward type of player.Vince Young slowly getting better each week, and Tennessee just lost Givens for the year.Possible that Vince learns to use a TE like his Mentor McNair used to do.Either way...tough call....keep an eye out for Wilcox on BAL also, Heap has been getting banged up and it's that time of the year where lots of guys succumb to injury for a few weeks.
Wilcox is available as well...not Daniels though.

Stevens,Scaife,Wilcox,Daniels are the best available in our league as well.

Agree with the above that Scaife is a high risk/reward type guy, and thats who I am most likely to target for that reason. Coupled with Givens getting hurt, could be $$

Stevens is the safest pick, imho, but with Alexander returning, I would probably shy away there, since his targets are more likely to fall.

Stevens is the safest pick, imho, but with Alexander returning, I would probably shy away there, since his targets are more likely to fall.
Stevens' best work last season came late in the year when Alexander was the league's MVP. I wouldn't back off Stevens based on Alexander's possible return. Plus that matchup against SF is pretty sweet. All of the Seahawks are looking real good this week in my opinion.

Utecht could be another option.

I like Stevens out of all. 7 red zone targets in his few weeks back. Plus, Hass was talking him up before he got hurt, so it is not like his production is only based on Wallace looking for him.

Of course, he is my lone TE, so I am be biased. But, to me, the above info doesn't lie.

There hasn't been a lot of production from the tight end position in general this year. I normally don't keep a backup tight end on my roster, and now am facing those repurcussions. Luckily, there are some decent choices for me on the ww right now. Looking for some suggestions on who is likely to be the most productive, and gain some insight from other Gonzo owners who are looking at the waiver wire for help.My choices;Kris Wilson/Jason Dunn. Sounds like Wilson is the choice here, but is still a relatively unknown commodity. He is a safe choice to fill in for an injured Gonzo and should be available on most wws.Bo Scaife. I know absolutely nothing about this guy, other than he has been somewhat productive this year and the past 2 weeks in particular. Admittedly, I haven't seen the Titans play this year so I am not sure if he is a favorite target of VY or if his recent success was an abhorration.Vernon Davis. Super-hyped rookie coming off an injury. Sounds like he will finally see the field this week, but we can't be certain he is 100% nor do we know how he will be used.Jeramy Stevans. Probably not on most wws, but he is on mine. Seems like the logical choice...however, if SA comes back this week along with Hasselbeck, will the production of the tight end suffer as Shaun will get more carries and Hass will look downfield more than Wallace?I am at a point where every game is a must win for me to make the playoffs. Losing Gonzo just as he was starting to catch fire will not help. Any thoughts on the guys mentioned above, or any lesser known tight end that I may have overlooked?
Using my backup in case Gonzo got hurt..all do have a backup TE correct? Me Stevens picked up last week. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
for what it's worth, i'm going with Stevens over Scaife as well. i'd rather get a consistent 3 points than possibly none at at all.

Stevens' best work last season came late in the year when Alexander was the league's MVP. I wouldn't back off Stevens based on Alexander's possible return. Plus that matchup against SF is pretty sweet. All of the Seahawks are looking real good this week in my opinion.
That's an excellent point. I had assumed his production would drop. but hadn't yet had time to look back... :thumbup:

Scaife is a rookie. He is definitely a favorite target for Vince, just as he was in college when he played with him at Texas.See his draft profile.

I like Daniels if he's out there, but Scaife is definitely a good option.
Scaife is NOT a rookie - he played with the Titans last year (see profile below)But I think Scaife and Stevans are the best options at TE (of those you mention)

Utecht from Indy would also be a good option if available.

2006 Stats: Bo Scaife, TE TEN

Wk 11 Opponent: Philadelphia Eagles

Injury Status: Not on Injury Report

Experience 2 years

Born 01/6/1981

Size 6-03, 249 lbs

College Texas

Anyone considering Manumaleuna? I'm not a Gonzo owner, but I'm a Gates owner...so I would!!! :cry:

Seriously, no one seems to be talking about him, but he's gotten 3 TDs in the last 4 games.

Anyone considering Manumaleuna? I'm not a Gonzo owner, but I'm a Gates owner...so I would!!! :cry: Seriously, no one seems to be talking about him, but he's gotten 3 TDs in the last 4 games.
Since your not a Gonzo owner and just being nice giving out this info..who's your backup for Gates??Think Gates can't get hurt like Gonzo? ;)

I grabbed David Martin, GB off our wire, own Favre in that league so I'll play the hookup game for now
Isn't he hurt too?
Not from what I can tell - he's not on FBG early injury report and the Blogger's last news on him is an article on how his receiving skills have kicked Franks to the curb (as in, permanently on the line to pass block :D ).He's my emergency TE for the playoffs - probably a good temp sub for Gonzo in leagues with shallow WW pools.

Nov 14 Rob Demovsky, of PackersNews.com, reports Green Bay Packers TE David Martin (shoulder, quadriceps) suffered injuries to his shoulder and quadriceps during Week 10. Martin's status for Week 11 has yet to be determined.

Anyone considering Manumaleuna? I'm not a Gonzo owner, but I'm a Gates owner...so I would!!! :cry: Seriously, no one seems to be talking about him, but he's gotten 3 TDs in the last 4 games.
Since your not a Gonzo owner and just being nice giving out this info..who's your backup for Gates??Think Gates can't get hurt like Gonzo? ;)
Ok, fair enough, but I thought for deeper leagues and also non-PPR - it was just an observation from being a Gates owner.(Shhh, I'm one of those dang Yahoo! owners of Colston so I hardly ever start Gates unless I need a WR) :bag: Pleeeese, don't let the ripping begin. I was just trying to give an observation. The opposing defense is too worried about LT (although the good it does!) or Gates. Plus that guy is HUGE! Ok maybe a few flukes, but if I really needed someone at required TE league then I'd definitely consider at least someone in the redzone targets recently.

I have Mcmichael,Stevens,Scaiffe and O Daniels available in my 12 team league....am leaning towards Stevens as he has the best immediate schedule although Randy M has a good matchup next week vs Det. I'm thinking Gonzo may be only out for a week or 2...hopefully.

Nov 14 Rob Demovsky, of PackersNews.com, reports Green Bay Packers TE David Martin (shoulder, quadriceps) suffered injuries to his shoulder and quadriceps during Week 10. Martin's status for Week 11 has yet to be determined.
thanks - got a link? i'll forward to the blogger on duty.
Its Yahoo, so its not gospel.http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5646/news
thanks. i'm not crediting the report - they say PackersNews.com reported it and I didn't see it on that site:http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/s...ory=PKRFeatures

thanks. i'm not crediting the report - they say PackersNews.com reported it and I didn't see it on that site:http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/s...ory=PKRFeatures
I didn't either, I looked down the mile long list and didn't see anything on packersnews.com

whoops - found it in the notebook:
Other players with new injuries: tight end Tory Humphrey (hamstring), fullback William Henderson (knee), tight end David Martin (shoulder and quadriceps) and defensive end Mike Montgomery (hamstring).

Users who are viewing this thread